Generic name: albumin human
Dosage form: injection
This dosage information does not include all the information needed to use Albuminar-20 safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for Albuminar-20.
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Albuminar®-20 may be given intravenously without dilution or it may be diluted with normal saline or 5% dextrose before administration. 250 mL per liter gives a solution which is approximately isotonic and iso-osmotic with citrated plasma.
When undiluted albumin solution is administered in patients with normal blood volume, the rate of infusion should be slow enough to prevent too rapid expansion of plasma volume.
In the treatment of shock, an initial dose of 100 mL of the 20% albumin solution is given as rapidly as tolerated. If response within 30 minutes is inadequate, an additional 100 mL of 20% albumin solution may be given. Therapy should be guided by the clinical response, blood pressure and an assessment of relative anemia. If more than 250 mL are given, or if hemorrhage has occurred, the administration of packed red blood cells may be desirable.
In severe burns, immediate therapy should include large volumes of crystalloid with lesser amounts of 20% albumin solution to maintain an adequate plasma volume and protein content. After the first 24 hours, the ratio of albumin to crystalloid may be increased to establish and maintain a plasma albumin level of about 2.5 g/100 mL or a total serum protein level of about 5.2 g/100 mL.
The infusion of Albumin (Human) as a nutrient in the treatment of chronic hypoproteinemia is not recommended. In acute hypoproteinemia 250-350 mL of 20% albumin may be required to reduce edema and to bring serum protein values to normal. Since such patients usually have approximately normal blood volume, the rate of administration should not be greater than 3 mL per minute to avoid circulatory embarrassment.
Parenteral drug products should be inspected visually for particulate matter and discoloration prior to administration, whenever solution and container permit.
- Albuminar-20 Side Effects
- Albuminar-25 (albumin human) injection dosage information
- Albuminar-5 (albumin human) injection dosage information
- AlbuRx (albumin human) injection dosage information
- Albutein (albumin (human)) injection dosage information
- Albutein 25% (albumin (human)) injection dosage information
- Albutein 5% (albumin (human)) injection dosage information
- Flexbumin (albumin human) injection dosage information
- Flexbumin (albumin human) consumer information
- Human Albumin Grifols (albumin (human) injection) injection, solution dosage information
- Plasbumin (albumin (human)) injection dosage information