Generic name: docosanol
Dosage form: cream
This dosage information does not include all the information needed to use Abreva safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for Abreva.
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
- adults and children 12 years or over:
- wash hands before and after applying cream
- apply to affected area on face or lips at the first sign of cold sore/fever blister (tingle).
- Early treatment ensures the best results
- rub in gently but completely
- use 5 times a day until healed
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor