- A small bladder or bladderlike structure.
- A small ( less than 1.0 cm in diameter), circumscribed elevation of the skin containing fluid.
- A small sac containing liquid or gas.
- A closed structure surrounded by a single membrane.
- In fungi, the swollen apex of the conidiophore in Aspergillus and some Penicillium species, or the swollen apex of the sporangiophore in some zygomycetous species.
[L. vesicula, a blister, dim. of vesica, bladder]
Search Stedman's Medical Dictionary
Examples: glitazone, GI cocktail, etc.