- The property of having two opposite poles, as that possessed by a magnet.
- The possession of opposite properties or characteristics.
- The direction or orientation of positivity relative to negativity.
- The direction along a polynucleotide chain, or any biopolymer or macrostructure (microtubules).
- With respect to solvents, ionizing power.
- The tendency of an organism to develop differentially along an axis.
[Mod. L. polaris, polar]
Search Stedman's Medical Dictionary
Examples: glitazone, GI cocktail, etc.