- Typical; usual; according to the rule or standard.
- In bacteriology, nonimmune; untreated; denoting an animal, or the serum or substance contained therein, that has not been experimentally or naturally immunized against a microorganism or its products.
- Denoting a solution containing 1 eq of replaceable hydrogen or hydroxyl per liter; 1 mol/L HCl is 1 n, but 1 mol/L H2SO4 is 2 n.
- In psychiatry and psychology, denoting a developmentally appropriate level of effective functioning of personality, cognition, and affect that is satisfactory both to people and to their respective social milieu.
- Referring to a straight line (or plane) at a right angle to another line (or plane).
- Not diseased or having been subjected to an experimental procedure.
- A molecular entity having an unbranched carbon chain; usually symbolized by n.
[L. normalis, according to pattern]