User Reviews for Zoster vaccine live

Also known as: Zostavax

Learn more about Zoster vaccine live.

Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis 5 reviews 1 medications

6.7
Summary of Zoster vaccine live reviews 5 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Zoster vaccine live

Review by Mike2000A (taken for less than 1 month):

For Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis: Vertigo plus little nausea

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 6, 2014 7:39 PM

For Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis: I had shingles for the first time at age 45. I was never so miserable. I was told of the zoster vaccine live, and was told that I had to wait until the symptoms were no longer present. I was told about the price at that time and that it had to be ordered and would take two weeks, I would have done whatever needed to get that money due to no insurance. I did have the injection and two years later with no out breaks and usually having fever blisters, have not had one after that injection two years ago. I have recently had a fever blister and am looking for the booster. I will pay whatever to not hurt that bad again.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 23, 2009 4:45 PM

Zostavax (zoster vaccine live) for Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis: I am 42 years old have had recuring shingles since I was 12 years old. Two years ago I had Zostavax vaccine at age 40. My insurance would not pay because I was not over age 60. I have had shingles at least a dozen times since vaccine.

February 14, 2009 2:33 PM

Review by agaidemak:

Zostavax (zoster vaccine live) for Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis: Great and cheaper than other medicine

December 13, 2008 6:40 AM

Review by fnpac:

Zostavax (zoster vaccine live) for Herpes Zoster, Prophylaxis: Two things are often left out of the discussion regarding Zostavax. It is very expensive. And it does not confer immunity. It reduces the risk of getting shingles by about 50%. Is that an acceptable risk reduction in an expensive medication?

109 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 29, 2007 12:41 PM