User Reviews for Zonegran

Learn more about Zonegran.

Benign Essential Tremor 1 reviews 3 medications

Migraine Prevention 7 reviews 32 medications

7.8
Seizures 22 reviews 40 medications

7.3
Parkinsonian Tremor 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Zonegran reviews 30 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Zonegran

For Benign Essential Tremor "Since I've started taking Zonegran I have not had ANY flare ups of tremors in my hands. No bad side effects however, one good one... It has helped me lose weight!"

Romauld July 7, 2015

For Seizures "I took the medicine for 17 years after I had A VNS implant for my seizure disorder, the brand name medicine I considered to have the most positive experience in removing them overall, as the generic brand names had all side affects to my body by giving more seizure's & head aces ."

Markus 1 June 26, 2015

For Seizures "I have been on Zonisamide for 5 years. I've tried several other medications to control my seizures but always switched due to side effects (hair loss, depression etc.). Zonisamide works the best so far for me! I love it! I haven't had a seizure in 5 years and I'm very happy with my quality of life! The only setback is my memory, I have word-finding issues big time! It gets very frustrating when I can see the person or the thing and not say the word. I have a Bachelor's degree in English, so you can imagine how annoying that is! But I would choose Zonisamide over anything else for sure! :)"

JBuns April 20, 2015

For Migraine Prevention "I have been given many different diagnosis (Hemicrania continua, primary trochlear headache, Atypical Trigeminal Neuralgia) currently I have migrainous type chronic headache with Atypical Facial Pain. I was on 300 mg Topamax with a bunch of other stuff and this helped, but I couldn't add 2 2. It was like north pole magnets coming together. Now I have been on 200mg Zonisamide (Zonegran) for about 2 years and I have a 50% reduction in pain. As for cognitive impairment, I can live with the loss of spelling and reduced vocabulary. It's not that bad compared to either the pain or Topamax."

Steve_pain November 26, 2014

For Seizures "Zonegran unlike Keppra and other seizure medicines give you a natural feeling closer to a normal feeling. Some seizures still slip by for me but only when it's closer to my menstrual cycle or ovulation time, my seizures seem to be directly linked to fluctionations in my womanly cycles other than that this medicine has been the best one for me and has been a great relief to me."

Seizuregrlll (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 17, 2014

For Seizures "Been on this medicine for a long time. 10 years. It decreased my seizures a lot and my headaches. Also decreased my appetite and I've lost weight which I have no problem with. Out of all seizure medicines I've been on I highly suggest this one!"

Childfree91 (taken for 10 years or more) January 16, 2014

For Migraine Prevention "I took Topamax for a while and it worked wonders but the side effects were insane. However, the zonesamide works very well for preventing my migraines. I take 400 mg a day. Word finding and memory, I don't even know what those are anymore. However, I was living in constant pain. Nothing was working for me. This is the only thing that has done anything for me in years."

What memory January 12, 2014

For Seizures "I have been taking Topirimate for complex partial seizures following my second sub arachnoid bleed in 2005 but started to lose my hair so I am now taking Zonegran and since changing over I feel very well, and the hair loss seems to be much improved and I am feeling great !"

goldilocks46 November 25, 2013

For Seizures "Our daughter is 5 years old and is on Zonegran for epilepsy along with other AED'S she has problems since about a week after starting Zonegran lack of memory and information processing. She is very slow now and has a hard time finding the correct words. She is also very sleepy. at this point we have actually seen a increase in seizure activity."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 29, 2013

For Seizures "Seizures decreased in frequecy. Partial seizures. But there was one day of uncontrollable,uncomfortable side effects or a seizure of a different type. I had trouble organizing thoughts,couldn't come up with certain words,and felt extremely hostile at times. Never want to have those feelings again. They were very strong and uncontronablle."

ringa (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 21, 2013

For Seizures "I have been taking Zonegran, 300mg/daily for 8 years. I have complex partial seizures that generalize about 90% of the time. I have tried just about every other medication out there and this is the only one that has kept my epilepsy under control. I do have side effects: some depression, anorexia (defined as loss of appetite). I started this medication weighing around 125lbs and now after three children weigh 105lbs and can't remember the last time I was hungry, and I have noticed that it is harder for me to retain information and I sometimes have to read things twice to understand them where before Zonegran I easily understood and retained information. Despite these side effects, I won't ever try a different medication. Totally worth it."

Emily G. October 9, 2013

For Seizures "I was on this medicine at first 200mg a day then 400mg. I turned into a completely different person. I'm normally a happy, positive & outgoing young woman. On Zonisamide I became extremely irritable & depressed. I flipped out over the littlest thing. I also lost a lot of weight because my appetite essentially disappeared. I weighed about 135lbs when I started and dropped to 113lbs. I finally had enough when the depression kicked in. I would have suicidal thoughts multiple times a day. It was scary and debilitating! I cried a lot, for no good reason. My performance at work and my relationships were suffering so I called my Dr. and switched to Lamictal."

Ridiculousness April 13, 2013

For Seizures "Diagnosed- generalized juvenile myoclonic epilepsy. Completely stopped my sons seizures, he is only 14 years old."

DGIII (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2013

For Migraine Prevention "I don't notice any side effects compared to some of the other anti-seizure medicines."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 25, 2012

For Migraine Prevention "I've been taking Zonegran for a few years now at 300mg per day. It had really gotten my headaches under control to where I would only have a headache periodically. Weight loss has been a side effect that I haven't minded. The problem is I've had significant memory and focus issues. I hardly felt competent most of the time. I have slowly weened myself down to 100mgs per day (I notified my neurologist of this because its an anti-seizure medicine so you shouldn't stop it cold turkey or it could cause a seizure). My memory has improved significantly, but the headaches have returned with a vengeance. I'm back to taking narcotics to address each debilitating headache. I used to take Topamax. It too worked beautifully, but also wiped out the memory."

Still Looking January 4, 2012

For Seizures "Been using this a short while and it apparently works for me. "

Candler December 10, 2011

For Migraine Prevention "On 50 mg and have seen a huge improvement in my migraines. Down to 5 per month."

Anonymous November 28, 2011

For Seizures "On maximum dose with Keppra, and still having some break through seizures. Still less then I was having before. No side effects. Had a full term pregnancy while on medication. Baby is very healthy."

Sulleninspire July 26, 2011

For Seizures "I have recently been on Topamax and Keppra..both maxed out. My headaches were worst and my seizures were still happening. My doctor finally switched me to Zonagran 3 months ago. I am seizure free, headaches have been much better and I feel a lot more normal. I do have a low appetite but not to where I can't eat. I love it!"

steph1010 July 4, 2011

For Migraine Prevention "I have used Zonegran for headaches only. It is the only thing that seems to have lessened them somewhat, but I still have headaches and they affect me cognitively. I'm mentally slower, have word-finding problems, my memory is bad, and my attention is terrible. I've tried to go off it on occasion, but my headaches get absolutely awful, so I stay on it."

Zonegran User March 30, 2011

For Migraine Prevention "I just got put on this medication for migraines. I took Topamax in the past but side effects were way too much for me."

Anonymous March 19, 2011

"My Dr. put me on Zonegran for my migraines and I was just wondering if anyone else is on this for just that? I have only been on this for 5 weeks so that is why I was curious."

Heather0701 March 6, 2011

"Zonegran is my choice. I've been taking it since 2001. I've had no seizures since I started taking it."

Anonymous January 5, 2011

For Seizures "The medication wasn't helpful in controlling my seizures. It's been about five months and I have had painful migraines just about every day! One day we'll find one that works!"

Anonymous July 12, 2010

For Seizures "No seizures while taking but have had bad bruising and constipation going on 2 years now. But I'll take no seizures over the side effects!"

Anonymous July 7, 2010