User Reviews for Zonegran

Learn more about Zonegran.

Reviews for Zonegran to treat Migraine Prevention

Review by What memory: User Rating:

I took Topamax for a while and it worked wonders but the side effects were insane. However, the zonesamide works very well for preventing my migraines. I take 400 mg a day. Word finding and memory, I don't even know what those are anymore. However, I was living in constant pain. Nothing was working for me. This is the only thing that has done anything for me in years.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 12, 2014 1:29 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

I don't notice any side effects compared to some of the other anti-seizure medicines.

October 25, 2012 5:57 PM
Review by Still Looking: User Rating:

I've been taking Zonegran for a few years now at 300mg per day. It had really gotten my headaches under control to where I would only have a headache periodically. Weight loss has been a side effect that I haven't minded. The problem is I've had significant memory and focus issues. I hardly felt competent most of the time. I have slowly weened myself down to 100mgs per day (I notified my neurologist of this because its an anti-seizure medicine so you shouldn't stop it cold turkey or it could cause a seizure). My memory has improved significantly, but the headaches have returned with a vengeance. I'm back to taking narcotics to address each debilitating headache. I used to take Topamax. It too worked beautifully, but also wiped out the memory.

January 4, 2012 5:36 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

On 50 mg and have seen a huge improvement in my migraines. Down to 5 per month.

November 28, 2011 1:23 PM
Review by Zonegran User: User Rating:

I have used Zonegran for headaches only. It is the only thing that seems to have lessened them somewhat, but I still have headaches and they affect me cognitively. I'm mentally slower, have word-finding problems, my memory is bad, and my attention is terrible. I've tried to go off it on occasion, but my headaches get absolutely awful, so I stay on it.

March 30, 2011 3:42 PM

I just got put on this medication for migraines. I took Topamax in the past but side effects were way too much for me.

March 19, 2011 8:07 PM