User Reviews for Ambien

7.7
Summary of Ambien reviews 265 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Ambien

Review by Bonnieplus3: User Rating:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: I have major insomnia due to other medications I am required to take. Doctor has me taking 30mg of Ambien before bed. It is GREAT for helping me to fall asleep but it does not keep me asleep.

August 24, 2011 9:46 AM
Review by Pinksugarbaby: User Rating:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: I have read so many things and do not know what to believe. I have post traumatic stress disorder and have taken sleep aides from the health food store which left me with Vertigo and not feeling well. I have not had any of the usual side effects with Ambien and it leaves me refreshed however I do have one weird side effect and I was not sure at first if it was the Ambien. But it is. I am usually a person who is cold and likes the heat. But I have gotten heat sick several times and living in NYC where there is no air and we are constantly having heat waves it has made me sensitive to heat. I am super sensitive and usually if there is a side effect to be had I get it but really I have not had anything except the heat exhaustion. I mean sweating, etc.

August 10, 2011 5:19 PM
Review by SleeplessinMV: User Rating:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: I've been using Ambien for a of couple months now, only taking it a few times a week when I think I'm going to need a good nights sleep. My sleep issue was that I'd wake up at around 1:30am and not be able to fall back asleep. When I take an Ambien I fall asleep about 45 minutes after taking it, and don't wake up until my alarm comes on. I only use it when I know I'll have trouble sleeping (like Monday Mornings and I've never experienced any weird behaviors like others I've read about.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 25, 2011 3:59 PM
Review by lahtnesor: User Rating:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: I'm 63 years old and suffer from insomnia and pain from bulging and herniated discs and have undergone three discectomy surgeries. I have been taking Ambien for many years and started with the name brand (10mg) while also trying Ambien CR (12.5mg), then Lunesta, and then back to generic Ambien (10mg). This generic version has been working very well for several years allowing me to get a full night's sleep without any side effects and it usually acts quickly.

July 23, 2011 2:49 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: I've been on Ambien for 2 years now and I wouldn't have it any other way. I've been an insomniac all my life and Ambien is a miracle cure. My husband and kids absolutely hate it because they say I'm a totally different person when I'm on it. I never have recollection of anything and I don't think it's fair that they blame me for something I don't even know I'm doing. All I know is the sleep is excellent and if you're considering this medicine it's good to have someone nearby who's a light sleeper.

June 29, 2011 11:35 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: Ambien works well for me, I take 5 mg. Some nights if husband is snoring very loud I need 10 mg. I take it only when needed, like traveling or maybe twice a month. My problem is the next night I will not sleep without Ambien I have to have some wine to relax me, then I'll sleep, next night I am fine.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 24, 2011 9:19 AM
Review by cindiwindi1025: User Rating:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: Ambien has been the only insomnia medicine that has worked consistently for the 7 years I have been taking it. I was on a combination of Ambien and Xanax but lost my healthcare coverage so am on Ambien only. I totally have to thank the Ambien makers because my life was a messy blur of nonsleep. Now, I sleep and sleep well.

June 12, 2011 1:38 AM
Review by Airline Pilot: User Rating:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: I have been taking ambien for a few years and it has made a profound change in my sleeping routines. I am getting better sleep than ever!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 4, 2011 10:51 PM
Review by Redpr4:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: I have been taking Ambien for about 3 years now off and on. I can't sleep at night and most nights when I do take Ambien I lay awake. When I take the Ambien it takes sometimes 35 minutes to an hour before I feel anything. I recently discovered I have been sleep eating. I was dreaming I was eating cinnamon buns and when I woke up I found the box of cinnamon buns were all gone. Plus I have found I have been posting stuff on Face Book and I don't remember doing it. Even though I have found out I have been doing these things but I can't sleep so to me it's worth taking. Glad to know I don't sleep eat every night.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 31, 2011 8:58 PM
Review by mostlytired: User Rating:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: I have used Ambien for 6 years. It worked very well all the time before they introduced the generic brands. The generics are NOT the same as the original and do not produce the same results. They leave me hung over and each manufacturer has his own brew thus are unpredictable in how they will perform. I have offered to pay the difference to get the real Ambien but with no success. Sure wish this wasn't so expensive.

May 30, 2011 5:37 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: Took my first Ambien last night at 10. Started with half like my doctor said. Took the other half at 1am since first half obviously didn't work. Here I sit at 5:30am and my eyes still haven't closed. Only difference with me is that when I didn't take I sleep a couple of hours and feel fine. Taking Ambien I don't sleep at all but feel tired!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 27, 2011 5:36 AM
Review by Avrahom: User Rating:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: I have had difficulty going to sleep and was prescribed this medicine. It does help me sleep for several hours.

May 24, 2011 1:32 PM
Review by Iam awake: User Rating:

Ambien (zolpidem): Works well if you go straight to bed. If you stay up past 30 minutes you are fighting it. Just let the feeling hit you and go to bed. I have taken two 10mg tabs in about 30 mins and apparently made constant calls to my wife at work. When she came home I asked her "What are you talking about?" I still have no memory of that incident. So now I only take 1 and try to go straight to bed.

May 11, 2011 3:02 AM
Review by moi82: User Rating:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, but when it does ...it does.

April 15, 2011 1:15 AM
Review by runky22: User Rating:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: I've been taking Ambien since January 2006 and about 4 weeks ago I began to have issues sleeping only been getting 2-3 hrs a night. I called my psychologist and family doctor about the situation. I was given Lunesta through my family doctor. Tried that for a couple days and couldn't still couldn't sleep. Then I thought it was my Wellbutrin so I went "cold turkey" on that for about a week until I almost had a break down. Then I started taking half of my Wellbutrin and feel a little better. My psychologist just gave me a prescription for the Ambien Cr and only have taken for 2 nights so far. I just want some sleep.. my grades are suffering and so is my job.

April 5, 2011 10:33 PM
Review by Lisavawa: User Rating:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: I find that if I take the Ambien and go directly to bed it works very well. If I take it and then delay going to bed by doing dishes or cleaning before bed I have unusual effects. After sleeping for a very short period of time I will get up, go to the kitchen and make waffles. This has happened a handful of times. I'm always surprised to have my family thanking me for taking the trouble for making waffles. Really no trouble since I don't remember any of it.

March 22, 2011 3:51 AM
Review by hagupachu: User Rating:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: Best sleep medicine.

February 22, 2011 4:31 AM
Review by goodoloverboy: User Rating:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: When you take Ambien make SURE you are in bed. Also, do not drink when you are taking this medicine.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 1, 2011 9:50 PM
Review by jrmastic: User Rating:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: I am concerned by what I read about many of the side effects but before I took Ambien I never slept well. I have been taking Ambien for about a year and sleeping better (not great). I stopped for two weeks and didn't sleep well at all.

January 13, 2011 10:16 PM
Review by sleepytime4me: User Rating:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: I finally found an alternative to Ambien in Silenor. My doctor prescribed me some and so far have been very very happy with the results. Full 7 hours of sleep without waking and the best part.. No daytime drowsiness and no addiction! Finally. It's about time. Silenor where have you been all these years?

January 5, 2011 12:59 PM
Review by Bette68: User Rating:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: Periodically, I take Ambien. I have tried other sleep aids, Lunesta, Seroquel and others. However Ambiem is the one sleep prescription that allows me a good nights sleep and wake up without a drugged feeling. I am then ready to 'take on the world'. Ambien is great and I would definitely recommend it.

January 3, 2011 11:14 AM
Review by JakeLaderle: User Rating:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: 10-20mg prescription for sleep. Took it once, felt nothing after an hour (10mg), took 10 mg more which did the trick. Next thing I was waking up wearing one sock (half way) and nothing else except underpants, shivering: aha! It had been the cold that woke me. Blankets damp. Checking sheets and mattress - relieved to find them dry. At the time I lived in a big house with 5 other college students. I threw on some sweats and found them all gathered waiting for me.I soon learned that I had carried on like a mad man the night before: verbally harassing my house mates before emerging from the bathroom with a water logged roll of toilet paper which I wielded like a sword. It seemed to do the trick. I was kicked out of my house. *( 1 = 3 total)

December 24, 2010 5:53 AM
Review by ellenf2002: User Rating:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: Worked for sleep but I ran out one time and realized I got very, very depressed on it. Plus had joint and jaw pain all the time. Took 2 years to figure out what caused it.

December 23, 2010 10:23 AM
Review by raraider: User Rating:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: Worked well for the most part. I found that, on average, once every 7-10 days I become somewhat anxious and agitated (making it hard to sleep) after taking the Ambien. I don't know why it only happened occasionally but it was more common when I took 5 mg rather than 10 mg. In the end I switched to Restoril (temazepam) 30 mg. Dose 5-10 mg at night Age 21 For primary insomnia

December 22, 2010 3:35 PM
Review by Alibee: User Rating:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: I was prescribed this after suffering from insomnia for several years. Tried OTC sleeping pills which made me feel hyper all night and just a sick overall feeling. Ambien is not for long-term use, as I have learned. Ambien was fantastic the first year I took it. I would look forward to taking it, feeling peaceful, and going to bed. In the past year, I take it, feel sick and hungover-y, and decide to go lay down. I do fall asleep but wake up in the morning feeling sick and with a headache. I have to drag myself out of bed. I know it is from taking Ambien for too long, so I am switching to something else. Was helpful for about a year.

December 18, 2010 1:09 AM