User Reviews for Ambien

7.8
Summary of Ambien reviews 270 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Ambien

Review by scooter1679:

For Insomnia: Gets you to sleep every time. Don't wake up throughout the night. No sleeping pill hangover effect. Never experienced any bad side effects.

September 18, 2011 4:09 AM

For Insomnia: I haven't had a good night sleep in 20 years. I was in the hospital for spine surgery when they gave AMbien to me to help me sleep. I have tried about every sleeping pill over the counter prescribed but did nothing but Ambien worked great. The only side effect I have had is walking in my sleep. Haven't had anything happen other than waking up on the couch, but feel better and a lot more energy. It is great.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 10, 2011 2:18 PM

For Insomnia: It worked great for the first few weeks. I didn't take it every night, just the nights where I was having a hard time falling asleep. The problems stared one night when I was seeing people in my closet and my furniture seemed to be falling on top of my bed. I tired taking it again and I fell right asleep. A week later I began seeing Gummy Bears jumping around my room and on my bed. I went back to my doctor and told her I was seeing things and she said it was common. I stayed on the Ambien, until one night my boyfriend told me that I was sitting up in bed with my eyes open, acting as if I was at work. Typing in the air and I began scratching his skin very hard. I woke up in the morning NOT remembering a single thing. Haven't taken it since then.

September 7, 2011 11:43 AM

Review by bipolar becky:

For Insomnia: For the first time I can get to sleep every night. It usually gives me about 5 hours of sleep, and if I wake up and take about 0.15 Klonopin, I can go back to sleep for another 3 hours. Feel rested for the first time in years! I don't take it until I am absolutely ready to lay down in bed, then lay down and think happy thoughts to carry with me to dream land. Previously, due to bipolar insomnia, I would take tons of Nyquil, Benadryl, Sominex, l-tyrosine, melatonin that only gave me a few hours sleep and I'd wake up and take more pills. For years I couldn't sleep in a bed but would wander through the house at night trying to get comfortable on the floor, etc. as my husband just bumping me would wake me up. I thank you Ambien!

September 7, 2011 10:27 AM

Review by cinsy:

For Insomnia: I have been taking Ambien for about 6 or 7 years. I have been an insomniac since I was a teen. At first I would take my 10 mg and fall asleep in about 25 minutes. I would sleep through most of night but when it was time for alarm to go off to wake up kids and take them to school I would still wake up before the alarm went off, wide awake no groggy feeling at all. After taking it for a year it would take 1 1/2 hours to kick in which I would not remember anything. Then 4 yrs ago our 10yr old daughter died in an accident and Ambien became a God send. I have been able to sleep the last 4yrs away and Ambien has graciously taken my memories during that time so I can make it day by day. I can honestly say without Ambien I would not still be here.

September 6, 2011 3:24 AM

Review by Bonnieplus3:

For Insomnia: I have major insomnia due to other medications I am required to take. Doctor has me taking 30mg of Ambien before bed. It is GREAT for helping me to fall asleep but it does not keep me asleep.

August 24, 2011 9:46 AM

Review by Pinksugarbaby:

For Insomnia: I have read so many things and do not know what to believe. I have post traumatic stress disorder and have taken sleep aides from the health food store which left me with Vertigo and not feeling well. I have not had any of the usual side effects with Ambien and it leaves me refreshed however I do have one weird side effect and I was not sure at first if it was the Ambien. But it is. I am usually a person who is cold and likes the heat. But I have gotten heat sick several times and living in NYC where there is no air and we are constantly having heat waves it has made me sensitive to heat. I am super sensitive and usually if there is a side effect to be had I get it but really I have not had anything except the heat exhaustion. I mean sweating, etc.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 10, 2011 5:19 PM

Review by SleeplessinMV:

For Insomnia: I've been using Ambien for a of couple months now, only taking it a few times a week when I think I'm going to need a good nights sleep. My sleep issue was that I'd wake up at around 1:30am and not be able to fall back asleep. When I take an Ambien I fall asleep about 45 minutes after taking it, and don't wake up until my alarm comes on. I only use it when I know I'll have trouble sleeping (like Monday Mornings and I've never experienced any weird behaviors like others I've read about.

July 25, 2011 3:59 PM

Review by lahtnesor:

For Insomnia: I'm 63 years old and suffer from insomnia and pain from bulging and herniated discs and have undergone three discectomy surgeries. I have been taking Ambien for many years and started with the name brand (10mg) while also trying Ambien CR (12.5mg), then Lunesta, and then back to generic Ambien (10mg). This generic version has been working very well for several years allowing me to get a full night's sleep without any side effects and it usually acts quickly.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 23, 2011 2:49 AM

For Insomnia: I've been on Ambien for 2 years now and I wouldn't have it any other way. I've been an insomniac all my life and Ambien is a miracle cure. My husband and kids absolutely hate it because they say I'm a totally different person when I'm on it. I never have recollection of anything and I don't think it's fair that they blame me for something I don't even know I'm doing. All I know is the sleep is excellent and if you're considering this medicine it's good to have someone nearby who's a light sleeper.

June 29, 2011 11:35 PM

For Insomnia: Ambien works well for me, I take 5 mg. Some nights if husband is snoring very loud I need 10 mg. I take it only when needed, like traveling or maybe twice a month. My problem is the next night I will not sleep without Ambien I have to have some wine to relax me, then I'll sleep, next night I am fine.

June 24, 2011 9:19 AM

Review by cindiwindi1025:

For Insomnia: Ambien has been the only insomnia medicine that has worked consistently for the 7 years I have been taking it. I was on a combination of Ambien and Xanax but lost my healthcare coverage so am on Ambien only. I totally have to thank the Ambien makers because my life was a messy blur of nonsleep. Now, I sleep and sleep well.

June 12, 2011 1:38 AM

Review by Airline Pilot:

For Insomnia: I have been taking ambien for a few years and it has made a profound change in my sleeping routines. I am getting better sleep than ever!

June 4, 2011 10:51 PM

Review by Redpr4:

For Insomnia: I have been taking Ambien for about 3 years now off and on. I can't sleep at night and most nights when I do take Ambien I lay awake. When I take the Ambien it takes sometimes 35 minutes to an hour before I feel anything. I recently discovered I have been sleep eating. I was dreaming I was eating cinnamon buns and when I woke up I found the box of cinnamon buns were all gone. Plus I have found I have been posting stuff on Face Book and I don't remember doing it. Even though I have found out I have been doing these things but I can't sleep so to me it's worth taking. Glad to know I don't sleep eat every night.

May 31, 2011 8:58 PM

Review by mostlytired:

For Insomnia: I have used Ambien for 6 years. It worked very well all the time before they introduced the generic brands. The generics are NOT the same as the original and do not produce the same results. They leave me hung over and each manufacturer has his own brew thus are unpredictable in how they will perform. I have offered to pay the difference to get the real Ambien but with no success. Sure wish this wasn't so expensive.

May 30, 2011 5:37 PM

For Insomnia: Took my first Ambien last night at 10. Started with half like my doctor said. Took the other half at 1am since first half obviously didn't work. Here I sit at 5:30am and my eyes still haven't closed. Only difference with me is that when I didn't take I sleep a couple of hours and feel fine. Taking Ambien I don't sleep at all but feel tired!

May 27, 2011 5:36 AM

Review by Avrahom:

For Insomnia: I have had difficulty going to sleep and was prescribed this medicine. It does help me sleep for several hours.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 24, 2011 1:32 PM

Review by Iam awake:

Works well if you go straight to bed. If you stay up past 30 minutes you are fighting it. Just let the feeling hit you and go to bed. I have taken two 10mg tabs in about 30 mins and apparently made constant calls to my wife at work. When she came home I asked her "What are you talking about?" I still have no memory of that incident. So now I only take 1 and try to go straight to bed.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 11, 2011 3:02 AM

Review by moi82:

For Insomnia: Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, but when it does ...it does.

April 15, 2011 1:15 AM

Review by runky22:

For Insomnia: I've been taking Ambien since January 2006 and about 4 weeks ago I began to have issues sleeping only been getting 2-3 hrs a night. I called my psychologist and family doctor about the situation. I was given Lunesta through my family doctor. Tried that for a couple days and couldn't still couldn't sleep. Then I thought it was my Wellbutrin so I went "cold turkey" on that for about a week until I almost had a break down. Then I started taking half of my Wellbutrin and feel a little better. My psychologist just gave me a prescription for the Ambien Cr and only have taken for 2 nights so far. I just want some sleep.. my grades are suffering and so is my job.

April 5, 2011 10:33 PM

Review by Lisavawa:

For Insomnia: I find that if I take the Ambien and go directly to bed it works very well. If I take it and then delay going to bed by doing dishes or cleaning before bed I have unusual effects. After sleeping for a very short period of time I will get up, go to the kitchen and make waffles. This has happened a handful of times. I'm always surprised to have my family thanking me for taking the trouble for making waffles. Really no trouble since I don't remember any of it.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 22, 2011 3:51 AM

Review by hagupachu:

For Insomnia: Best sleep medicine.

February 22, 2011 4:31 AM

Review by goodoloverboy:

For Insomnia: When you take Ambien make SURE you are in bed. Also, do not drink when you are taking this medicine.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 1, 2011 9:50 PM

Review by jrmastic:

For Insomnia: I am concerned by what I read about many of the side effects but before I took Ambien I never slept well. I have been taking Ambien for about a year and sleeping better (not great). I stopped for two weeks and didn't sleep well at all.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 13, 2011 10:16 PM

Review by sleepytime4me:

For Insomnia: I finally found an alternative to Ambien in Silenor. My doctor prescribed me some and so far have been very very happy with the results. Full 7 hours of sleep without waking and the best part.. No daytime drowsiness and no addiction! Finally. It's about time. Silenor where have you been all these years?

January 5, 2011 12:59 PM