User Reviews for Ambien

Insomnia 302 reviews 105 medications

7.7
Summary of Ambien reviews 302 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Ambien

For Insomnia "Works amazing! I have horrible anxiety and panic attacks which causes me to have insomnia as well. Tried just about everything for sleep. Works better than some benzos to for sleep! I know a lot about benzos. Been prescribed Ativan and Valium and this medication puts me to sleep better than those! Note this medication works similar to benzos. 5mg will work great to. You will sleep fine and wake up feeling great and functioning normal as can be. Overall great sleep medicine."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 23, 2013

For Insomnia "I have trouble sleeping. I am also a former drug addict. I was prescribed ambien and find that when I take it I make a lot of phone calls- the next morning I am always embarassed. Last night I made tweleve phone calls including a former co-worker (20 years ago) I left a voice message on vet's answearing service. I also discovered, to my horror, I had sent a number of emails. It is like recalling the things you did when you are drunk. The uspide I slept stright for about five hours (rare for me) and was not groggy. Indeed, I enjoyed about forty-five mintues to an hour of cheerfulness I remembered the phone calls"

Anonymous March 14, 2013

For Insomnia "Have been taking Ambien as needed for about a month. It's worked almost flawlessly and very reliably each time I've taken it, and I've experienced no negative effects. It's a very calm, peaceful transition into sleep. I used to dread bedtime because my thoughts raced constantly, but this drug has provided a very satisfactory solution. All in all, a quite safe and reliable solution to insomnia."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2013

For Insomnia "Helps alot after a long hard day of being a mom of 3."

junebug6679 March 9, 2013

For Insomnia "Always rolled around in bed since I was a kid trying to stop thinking. Sleep just didn't come natural unless I really put my body through the ringer that day. Being a kid, on those days I slept. Drinking in my mid years helped me get to sleep. Then I hit a work-anxiety wall in my 50's. Ambien, 10 mg, put me to sleep. With the well known side effects - called friends late at night (it doesn't work on me fast). Ate a lot of crap late. I need a good hour, more like 2 before I feel the effects, probably because I only take 2/3 now, I weigh around 200 pounds. The problem with Ambien is you never know when it's going to hit you. When it does and you're still ambulatory, childproof your life."

Can't Turn It Off March 8, 2013

For Insomnia "Works but had rebound insomnia after about 2 weeks of taking it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2013

For Insomnia "Best sleeping product on the market today!"

Phantomjetpilot (taken for 10 years or more) February 6, 2013

For Insomnia "Caused me to do things and not remember afterwards...I would be cautious while first taking this medication."

lkd54 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 8, 2013

For Insomnia "I was put on 10mg of Ambien after I was having trouble sleeping during a breakdown. I made the mistake one night of taking it and then answering the phone, I was on the phone for an hour.....Oh man, the cupboard moved all on it own,t hen they were strange people walking up and down the stairs in my house. Strange thing is I thought this was funny. I fell down twice, once breaking a little coffee table. Luckily for me my partner was there to help me up the stairs and put me to bed. I now only take 5mg about an hour before bed and it really relaxes me and makes me forget all problems. I don't have any trouble sleeping anymore as such just the odd night here and there."

Pol Aindriu (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 1, 2013

For Insomnia "I took my daughter to dinner during which she mentioned our ride to school that morning. I asked what she meant. She told me I had given her a ride to school that morning. I have no recollection of taking her to school, leaving the house or coming home. It was a surreal experience and after reading the reviews here I have decided to stop taking the medication. It does help with sleep but driving in a black out is too scary for me."

Anonymous December 11, 2012

For Insomnia "My bipolar disorder triggered severe insomnia and so my doctor gave me Ambien. It worked wonders. First few nights taking it I saw double/blurry and then just knocked out, got AMAZING rest, woke up refreshed. Overtime I had some sleep walking/talking/eating episodes. One time I woke up and ate a batch of cookies and another time I made some midnight hot dogs. I would wake up feeling unusually bloated, haha, that's why. One time I took the Ambien and decided to take a quick 5 minute hot shower afterwards, well, my husband told me he caught me talking to the shampoo bottles. So weird! Listen to the directions, take once you are lying in bed, unlike me. You wont remember a thing. Once I swallow the pill, I don't remember anything after that."

Anonymous November 5, 2012

For Insomnia "I've been taking Ambien for almost a month now and I have to say, it is amazing. The first night I took it, it kicked in about 10 minutes later. I have never had such a good nights sleep. I woke up feeling energized and I had energy all day. The only weird thing that I experienced were MILD hallucinations before I actually fell asleep. I sat down on the bed and apparently asked my husband "when did we get a water bed?" (we don't have a water bed). And also I asked him, "when did we get pink and green sheets?" (Our sheets are white). Other than that, nothing scary or frightening. I didn't get up in the middle of the night doing anything weird. When I did get up to use the restroom, I knew I was awake and I knew what I was doing."

JessicaC1183 (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2012

For Insomnia "Very happy with Ambien. I've used a half tablet on and off for about two years. It really helps me relax and fall asleep. Which can be really hard when you are taking six college courses. Just make sure you take it right as you fall asleep. And do not up your dosage if you feel you are building a "tolerance"."

ChillOutMan (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 13, 2012

For Insomnia "Had no problems falling asleep only I would wake up to use the bathroom and stay awake for hours. Since using Ambien, I only take 2.5 mg. I find I can fall back to sleep easily several times a night. I wake up feeling very well rested and full of energy. "

Golden one October 6, 2012

For Insomnia "I can fall asleep but never stay asleep, and although with Ambien I still woke up 4 times I went right back to sleep, no laying there looking at the walls, for hours, with thoughts."

Prettykittycat (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 29, 2012

For Insomnia "Ambien is something I have very mixed feelings about. To be honest I was hooked on it the first time I took it. It took me a year to realize this. It is an extremely subtle dependency that develops, but eventually it will stop working. When it stopped working I started feeling like I didn't get quality sleep at night at all and was dizzy all the time. I think it has a very subtle withdrawal that many people might not understand. Terrible, I will be up for 3 days straight at a time, it's been two months off of Ambien and I sleep worse now then I ever did before I had it. My advice is take it EXACTLY as it's prescribed no long term."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 18, 2012

For Insomnia "I was prescribed Ambien after suffering a serious bout of insomnia that no OTC sleep aid would touch. I was given 10 MG. The first night I took it, I woke up feeling like I was in heaven. I hadn't slept that well since I was a kid. I used it for three months, and the only reason I stopped taking it is because the 10 MG dosage eventually "pooped out" on me and my doctor did not want to increase the dose, so he switched me to Lunesta. But it was great while it lasted. I did have some weird hallucinations happen if I took it and stayed up for a while, so make sure you take it and go right to bed. I quit cold turkey to go on Lunesta and had no problems discontinuing it."

clarkdaniels (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2012

For Insomnia "I have been using Ambien for a few years. I have never been able to sleep through the night. Ambien works well. I have had a couple strange experiences however. Recently my wife found out she was a serious diabetic so we have really changed our lifestyle, you know, whole foods, fresh and raw fruits and veggies etc. I have dropped several pounds just eating well and less. The other night I thought I would make a healthy Spam sandwich; I used Dave's Killer Bread, low fat mozzarella and flaxseeds. Wife said I was really proud of my creation; don't remember a thing."

rlamb September 8, 2012

For Insomnia "I have been taking Ambien for about 6 months, and it does the job very well. I generally take half of my 5mg pill a few nights/week. I have to take it and go directly to bed, or I have zero memory of what happens between taking it and falling asleep. The reason that I rate it so low is that I've started to notice that I have hours of the next day (after taking it the night before) that I have absolutely no memory of. I've sideswiped the guardrails in my car on the way to work and had no idea that I had done so until my husband asked what happened to the car. I had a very faint 'did I dream that or did it really happen' recollection of it. I take it fairly early in the evening. "

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 7, 2012

For Insomnia "This has been very beneficial, I have great trouble with falling asleep before 3am despite getting up early. It puts me to sleep, it's the best. Wake up fresh in the morning, no residual effects. If I stay awake I don't hallucinate or do anything weird (as per my husband) however if I'm lying in bed watching a movie or have a conversation I'm unlikely to remember much the next day. I don't get depressed or emotional on it either and I'm not a zombie. "

FunkyBandit (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2012

For Insomnia "I take a very low dose-5mg of Ambien at bedtime when I know I need a great night's sleep! I had one experience of taking this after drinking and it wasn't an experience I'd ever like to relive! Crazy- to say the least! I have not done any sleep walking or strange night activities!"

jennGarner (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 31, 2012

For Insomnia "It's not working. I still stay up or get up 5 to 6 time a night."

meeke (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 28, 2012

For Insomnia "I I've taken Ambien, and now the generic, for 10 or 11 years. I usually took it only when sleeping away from home. The last month, or so, I've needed it every night to fall asleep. I always try to fall asleep on my own first but it has become increasingly difficult. I have absolutely no side effects and never have had. I never get out of bed during the night and feel totally refreshed when I wake in the morning. I don't know what I'd do without it."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) July 14, 2012

For Insomnia "I have worked rotating shifts for over the 30 years and I have never had enough sleep. So I asked my doctor if there was anything I could try. He suggested Ambien, 10 mg at bedtime. So for the last year I now wake up after 6 hours of rest, which nothing compared to years of restless nights tossing and turning over to look at a clock. Good sleep means a lot and is worth a pill every night."

Anonymous July 7, 2012

For Insomnia "This is the only sleep aid that has ever worked for me. I get a good full night sleep, I wake up refreshed and not groggy. Bless the makers of this medication, you have literally changed my life. I used to sleep 15 to 45 mins a night, now at 6 - 8 hours of sleep. My blood pressure has come down, I no longer battle depression and fatigue, and I am productive at work!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 3, 2012