Medication Guide App

7.7
Summary of Ambien reviews 290 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Ambien

Review by winston the wonder PUPPY (taken for less than 1 month):

For Insomnia: Awesome. I have terrible insomnia. This helps me get a decent nights rest as I care for a disabled parent=bedbownd and wheelchair. I get a good nights sleep and both of our days are more productive.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 11, 2015 3:32 AM

Review by vandekamp (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Insomnia: Works great

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 31, 2015 3:01 PM

Review by Marty922 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Insomnia: No sleep as yet, 10mg Ambien last night 20 tonight! Last night I fell asleep after about 4 hours (normal for me with or without meds) I woke up fealing really rather strange, lethargic almost. Passes after 2-3hours with coffee! tonight on 20mg it's been 3 hours so far! Light headache very restless.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 28, 2015 8:55 PM

Review by KimAMS:

For Insomnia: This medicine helped me to fall asleep after a solid week without sleep. However, I did not stay asleep. Going to try Lunesta tonight.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 21, 2015 5:35 PM

Review by jerseyjim (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Insomnia: Due to a painful disability the only way to sleep is with the use of Ambien. I give Ambien a two thumbs up, AAA , it works terrific for me.

February 11, 2015 12:39 AM

Review by Debbieformola:

For Insomnia: I have been taking Ambien every night for a over 20 years. I am a nurse and it's very difficult to work swing shift and teach yourself to sleep whenever ..esp if you suffer from insomnia. I have had insomnia since a child, probably sleep walking. Sleep eating prior to taking the medicine. Now that I have it ..my life has improved 200 percent .No one can imaging how disturbing it is to lie in bed for 8 hours wide awake ...knowing you have work soon. When I first took it, I was groggy in the morning ..but now as long as I get 8 hours I wake up feeling awake and amazing ..never grew a tolerance for it. Always works. I will say when I had children under 5 ..I would never take it ...not safe ..when you are caring for others .this med saved me.

February 1, 2015 7:58 PM

Review by craftygrammy (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Insomnia: It works to put me asleep, too well! I was told by my husband that I was doing stuff I don't remember doing. One time I became sexually aggressive and last night, I didn't recognize my husband and was doing stuff totally off the wall. I will not be taking it again!

January 21, 2015 7:53 PM

Review by LouLaBell:

For Insomnia: Ditto on rebound sleepless when discontinued. I have done very strange things with no memory including taking additional Ambien. It has helped me sleep when under extreme stress but watch out. Now I am trying to learn how to sleep naturally.

January 13, 2015 10:59 PM

Review by Quaalude (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Insomnia: Works splendidly when first prescribed but over time loses it's effectiveness and one develops a tolerance to it's effectiveness. Due to it's short half-life in the body, it peters out quite quickly ( /- 2 hours). Would not recommend long-term treatment with this medicine (>6 months).

January 9, 2015 6:48 PM

Review by jeffreydbrown (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Insomnia: Extremely effective until I developed a tolerance. Unfortunately, it was accompanied by "sleep-shopping" on Ebay.

December 20, 2014 10:14 AM

Review by Rhonda YC (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Insomnia: I have used this medicine off and on for 7 years. All of you who have issues with doing things that you don't remember need to be sure that you are taking it properly. I have been there and my 24 year old daughter still laughs at the things I have no memory of.. and I own several things I bought at 2 am. Finally two years ago I found a physician who took the time to explain how this medicine works and it changed everything. You must be lying in bed, "ready to go to sleep", with no lights on at all. Ambien shuts down part of your brain and if you are not waiting to fall asleep lying in bed then after you take it the chemical reaction that allows you to fall asleep so easily also keeps you from remembering things you do. Take it properly.

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 8, 2014 4:19 PM

Review by Anonymous777333 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Insomnia: Ambien works. Not because it's a sleep aid but because it's a HYPNOTIC. Which means if you don't want amnesia then get yourself straight to bed after taking it. It kicks in in 5-10 mins and may or may not keep you asleep all night. But those of you complaining of eating, etc and having no memory of what you did is very simple: taking a HYPNOTIC while you're still up and showering or whatever is going to make you do stupid things you won't remember. Just take it AFTER you lay down, turn off your phone, and you'll be fine.

December 4, 2014 9:36 PM

Review by I am 15 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Insomnia: I've used Ambien for almost two years for my insomnia. It works very effectively.

November 4, 2014 11:34 PM

Review by Militarywife12 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Insomnia: Stayed up all night

October 30, 2014 10:47 PM

Review by Babyy (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Insomnia: Yes, you will sleep. But you will also say and do some really weird things.

October 28, 2014 7:28 PM

Review by K CELT (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Insomnia: I have been known to fix a meal, send texts and emails while still asleep. I have also had phone conversations and not remembered having them on waking.,

October 5, 2014 2:33 AM

Review by LadyLayne (taken for less than 1 month):

For Insomnia: Some nights after taking the zolpidem I go right to sleep, and have sound, restful sleep for about 2-4hrs. Twice during my current bout of insomnia I have slept a full 10hrs after taking the zolpidem. I have had some positive experience, and some negative. However, I have bouts of insomnia once or twice a year; the past Zolpidem is worked really well, within few nights. I am not on week four of the insomnia, and three on the Zolpidem. I am working closely with my doctor.

September 25, 2014 8:27 PM

Review by HKGirl (taken for less than 1 month):

For Insomnia: When I got prescribed Ambien I started with 5mg and it worked but I only slept for 4 hrs. So the following night I took 10mg and I was asleep in no time and got a full 9hrs of sleep. Best night ever in years. I woke up feeling refreshed. Minor headache but I don't know if it was due to the Ambien. 1 Tylenol pill took it away so no biggie. This is the only sleep pill that has helped me. I tried Restroil and Seroquel and got no sleep only bad side effects. I love Ambien.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 19, 2014 2:35 PM

Review by Bubsie (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Insomnia: It helped me sleep, but I did the most bizarre things while I should have been sleeping and had no memory of them the next day. I initiated sex with my husband twice and had no memory of doing so, called and order things that I had no use for to some shopping networks and even gave out my credit card numbers to open an account. This stuff scares me and I quit taking it. Worried what I could do next!

September 8, 2014 9:54 AM

Review by cannot sleep:

For Insomnia: First 2 weeks it kept me asleep. 3rd week on I wake up with headaches and don't go back to sleep. Its 2 am and I'm wide awake.

September 4, 2014 3:14 AM

Review by John Marsh (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Insomnia: It helped me a lot. One pill and I sleep like a baby.

August 26, 2014 8:11 AM

Review by Morgan Danielle.:

For Insomnia: I have GAD (generalized anxiety), post traumatic stress disorder and Bipolar. I've been on Seroquel for three years. I kept having to up it to help me sleep, as well as keeping away delusions and such. I was at the point where it wouldn't help me sleep at all. I'd take it at 10 and go to bed when the sun was coming up. I tried Ambien 10mg last night for the first time. I fell asleep in one hour. I was out! I slept a good 10 hours. Amen for Ambien.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 7, 2014 10:25 PM

Review by Great, mild sleeping pill (taken for less than 1 month):

For Insomnia: I'm 19 and suffer from bad insomnia. I've tried Benadryl, Unisom, even a different prescription sleeping pill, Restoril (temazepam). These all either didn't work or left me extremely groggy in the morning and throughout the day. Anyway, I was scheduled to study abroad and my worst fear the entire trip was not sleeping in a foreign atmosphere. My Dr. prescribed me a few weeks worth of Ambien 10 MG. I can't tell you how great this medication was. It drifted me off to a gentle, deep sleep and I stayed asleep for at least 7 hours. I woke up happy and refreshed In the morning; even energized! I took the high dose and did not experience any side effects or hallucinations. I was able to enjoy my trip.

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 2, 2014 6:04 AM

Review by Brittanyz123 (taken for 10 years or more):

For Insomnia: I think it's great. I've been doing it for about 11 years, and it's one of the only medicine for insomnia that work for me.

May 18, 2014 3:31 AM

Review by FentanylBliss (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Insomnia: It works great putting me to sleep but it doesn't keep me asleep unfortunately. I only tend to get 2 hours of sleep or so.

May 7, 2014 7:32 PM