User Reviews for Ambien

Insomnia 309 reviews 105 medications

7.6
Summary of Ambien reviews 309 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Ambien

For Insomnia "I wrote earlier, but wanted to add something about pumpkin seed oil. I have pelvic floor dysfunction from a hysterectomy, and my bladder plus IBS wakes me up all night - every 1.5 hours or so. Since I've been taking pumpkin seed oil (an organic brand) - a little over a teaspoon, I sleep much better. I hope to get off the Ambien eventually and just use the a Sleep Aid and the pumpkins seed oil."

Seashell Again August 25, 2015

For Insomnia "I take 5 or 10 mg depending on the day. I love this med. it shuts my mind off so i can sleep. I've tried cutting out caffeine using allergy meds herbal type sleep aides and Tylenol pm....the crap doesn't work. Ambien is only thing that's worked and I've never done anything dangerous or weird on it"

Vanise August 22, 2015

For Insomnia "This drug will knock you out for sure, but it has some really crazy side effects that I didn't think would actually happen to me, mainly doing stuff that I don't remember at all -- one night I made an extremely hefty online purchase and had no recollection of it. I also "drunk text" on Ambien, or otherwise say things verbally to people that I don't remember. This has happened a number of times and actually caused a lot of problems in my last relationship. I've woken up literally covered in food. It also worsened my depression. Not a great experience."

wfseam1 August 20, 2015

For Insomnia "LOVE IT! I have never had a side effect and look forward to bed which I no longer dread! I cut 5 mg, in half and if wake-up and can't get back to sleep take other half. Highly recommend,"

Just Jude August 17, 2015

For Insomnia "Ambien was not the drug for me. There were mental side effects that caused me to being depressed, and confusion about life interests. I was in the emergency room 4 times in one weekend after 2 months of taking ambien prescribed by my doctor to help me sleep. I will never take this drug again. !!"

ginger pops August 15, 2015

For Insomnia "I have been taking ambien for a month and a half. It does eventually help me to fall asleep but it comes with a couple of side effects. One of those side effect is I get very loopy and weird. Also I do not remember anything when I wake up from the time after I take ambien. I probably will not remember writing this review."

Govinda Chajulal is my name (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2015

For Insomnia "EXTREMELY addicting and after a while you need more AND more to sleep. Also, in mornings I would find cooked meals, tv and lights on, and scary time I found bicycle out front! !! STAY AWAY FROM THIS AND LANISTA."

Anonymous August 2, 2015

For Insomnia "Take it on an empty stomach, or it won't work. I have terrible insomnia and have been on it long-term. It still works after 15 years. It had some initial side effects, but they went away after a few months. It works very well, but I gave it eight stars only because you have to take on an empty stomach. If I eat a late dinner, I can count on it not working. Otherwise, it's the only medication that has helped me sleep. I take 15-20 mg per night."

pjryder75 July 16, 2015

For Insomnia "Be aware take this medication and immediately lay down !!!!!the first night I took this medication I was up apparently I don't remember !!!!so I was told, serving myself a shot ,eating, requested weird sexual favors,and was having conversations and answering myself,and had no memory of all these fun festivies the next day,lol,thanks ambien,lesson learned my boyfriend had a blast though!!!!!!!"

Anonymous June 23, 2015

For Insomnia " Really wonderful"

Dr. Brian (taken for 10 years or more) June 16, 2015

For Insomnia "I've been taking this medication on and off for over 3 years, and it has worked wonderfully. Just a third or half of a 5mg pill works for me. I have not experienced any side effects, but do go right to bed once I take the pill."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 8, 2015

For Insomnia "I love this stuff! It's improved my quality of life immensely. I used to wake up in the middle of the night and couldn't go back to sleep. I now take 5 mg at bedtime, and I still wake up after about 4 hours, but then take another 5 mg (I cut the pill in half) and fall right back asleep for another 3 to 4 hours. I've been taking it for 2 years now, and still works as good today as the first day I took it!!"

John C. May 19, 2015

For Insomnia "Wow !!! If you are taking this med. take and lay down and close your eyes. You will say and do things and not remember a thing. For real ..."

Rebel Prepper (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 18, 2015

For Insomnia "Oh my gosh! Started taking this for shift work 6 years ago and now it's the only way I can sleep- only I don't any more! I went thru the hallucinations , the binge eating, the "oh my God, I bought what on ebay last night?" To waking up in some unusual places not knowing how I got there. It takes you through the coaster ride but the thrill is gone. Fitful nights, not more than 3 solid hours any more. I'm trying belsomra tomorrow night. Side effects sound scary, but so did ambien when I first heard about it. Not a cure all and it's only worth praising the 1st year or 2. Sucks when your sleep never comes...."

Denisemanger (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 16, 2015

For Insomnia "My father who has a neurological disorder was taking ambien and my family had 2 terrifying experiences. The first time my dad got up and fell several times and was completly unresponsive, he could not speak and we had thought that he had a stroke. Next time he took it I woke up in the middle of the night to a huge bang finding him in the kitchen with a gash on his forehead. The even scarier thing is he never recalled any of these things. I'm not sure on the dosage but I don't recommend to anyone!"

Daughter123456 May 6, 2015

For Insomnia "Helps put my mind in a blank slate. My mind is constantly running all the time, everyday. When nighttime approaches, I can't shut my mind off. I have a fear of initially sleeping. I also use it for nights of when I have really bad anxiety, depression, or panic. It calms me down, and soothes me. I no longer have any worries. It helps me get to sleep easy, and really sedates me. I love those aspects."

etherealmoon (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 28, 2015

For Insomnia "I was in a horrible car crash Sept. 7th 2014, I was air cared to UC, I was in ICU for 9 days and remained hospitalized 3 months. I never used to have trouble going to sleep but since my accident I will lay in bed hours, on really bad nights sometimes its all night, with my eyes closed trying to fall asleep but I just can't. I believe being on a dilaudid drip for so long during my hospital stay then morphine and oxycodone for a while plays a big role in my sudden insomnia, also I was diagnosed with GAD 6 years ago which I'm sure sometimes adds to my trouble sleeping. ZzzQuil or Benadryl helped some at first but now neither help at all. Finally was given Zolpidem 10mg and I LOVE it, I fall asleep and sleep all night. Definitely recommend it!"

RanOutOfSheepToCount (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 26, 2015

For Insomnia "Awesome. I have terrible insomnia. This helps me get a decent nights rest as I care for a disabled parent=bedbownd and wheelchair. I get a good nights sleep and both of our days are more productive."

winston the wonder PUPPY (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2015

For Insomnia "Works great"

vandekamp (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 31, 2015

For Insomnia "No sleep as yet, 10mg Ambien last night 20 tonight! Last night I fell asleep after about 4 hours (normal for me with or without meds) I woke up fealing really rather strange, lethargic almost. Passes after 2-3hours with coffee! tonight on 20mg it's been 3 hours so far! Light headache very restless."

Marty922 (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2015

For Insomnia "I went from working nights (3:30pm-12:00am) to working 7am-3:30. I would keep thinking all night and I couldn't shut my brain off. I have always had problems with insomnia, so much so that some times I would stay up for days at a time. I was prescribed Ambien by my doctor and I started taking it at night. It worked. The first time I took it I started hallucinating. I saw two of everything and I couldn't hold my head up. I woke up and felt fine. So I kept taking it. Slowly I started getting very sad as I woke up. I thought about doing terrible things to myself. After being awake for a couple hours I was fine. This drug made me very depressed. I never abused this medication. I was very careful. Effects are different for everyone."

AshleyD14 March 26, 2015

For Insomnia "I have never experienced any hallucinogenic side effects from this drug, but I admit I've developed a nasty dependency to 100 mgs/night. It is the only sleep aid that doesn't give me cotton mouth or drowsiness the next day and works like a charm every single time. Nothing even comes close to its effectiveness. Note: It IS imperative that you take it at once you are in bed and ready to sleep. After that you aren't going anywhere, no sleep walking, driving or binge eating."

LTrain (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 23, 2015

For Insomnia "This medicine helped me to fall asleep after a solid week without sleep. However, I did not stay asleep. Going to try Lunesta tonight."

KimAMS March 21, 2015

For Insomnia "Due to a painful disability the only way to sleep is with the use of Ambien. I give Ambien a two thumbs up, AAA , it works terrific for me."

jerseyjim (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 11, 2015

For Insomnia "I have been taking Ambien every night for a over 20 years. I am a nurse and it's very difficult to work swing shift and teach yourself to sleep whenever ..esp if you suffer from insomnia. I have had insomnia since a child, probably sleep walking. Sleep eating prior to taking the medicine. Now that I have it ..my life has improved 200 percent .No one can imaging how disturbing it is to lie in bed for 8 hours wide awake ...knowing you have work soon. When I first took it, I was groggy in the morning ..but now as long as I get 8 hours I wake up feeling awake and amazing ..never grew a tolerance for it. Always works. I will say when I had children under 5 ..I would never take it ...not safe ..when you are caring for others .this med saved me."

Debbieformola February 1, 2015