User Reviews for Zolpidem (Page 8)

Also known as: Ambien, Ambien CR, Edluar, Intermezzo, Zolpimist

Learn more about Zolpidem.

Insomnia 536 reviews 109 medications

7.5
Summary of Zolpidem reviews 536 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Zolpidem

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Since I was a teenager I have been struggling with Insomnia. So I was sent to a Psychiatrist who was fairly old. So as he prescribed Xanax and Valium for me in the day time. He gave me Amytal (amobarbital) 200mg Capsules for insomnia. These work more than you can believe. However as there wasn't a huge demand for it it was taken off the market, and I was put on Restoril 30mg x 2, didn't work. Ambien in my opinion is the best they have on the market right now. "

R.Miller82 April 23, 2013

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "My experience was great, like a Valium I'm feeling excellent and I know I will have a great night. Thanks Ambien. "

Mr. Nailz (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2013

Ambien CR (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Been taking this for years. The only thing that has worked for me. I can stay up all night without it. I have learned you have to go to bed hungry, that way it has nothing to compete with in your stomach. No side affects the next morning. Get about 4 to 5 hrs now which is good for me. Now if my insurance would pay for this! Just got new insurance this year and they consider this a tier 4 medication. Don't know which is worse. Going broke or not getting any sleep."

Going broke March 24, 2013

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Works amazing! I have horrible anxiety and panic attacks which causes me to have insomnia as well. Tried just about everything for sleep. Works better than some benzos to for sleep! I know a lot about benzos. Been prescribed Ativan and Valium and this medication puts me to sleep better than those! Note this medication works similar to benzos. 5mg will work great to. You will sleep fine and wake up feeling great and functioning normal as can be. Overall great sleep medicine."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 23, 2013

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I have trouble sleeping. I am also a former drug addict. I was prescribed ambien and find that when I take it I make a lot of phone calls- the next morning I am always embarassed. Last night I made tweleve phone calls including a former co-worker (20 years ago) I left a voice message on vet's answearing service. I also discovered, to my horror, I had sent a number of emails. It is like recalling the things you did when you are drunk. The uspide I slept stright for about five hours (rare for me) and was not groggy. Indeed, I enjoyed about forty-five mintues to an hour of cheerfulness I remembered the phone calls"

Anonymous March 14, 2013

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Have been taking Ambien as needed for about a month. It's worked almost flawlessly and very reliably each time I've taken it, and I've experienced no negative effects. It's a very calm, peaceful transition into sleep. I used to dread bedtime because my thoughts raced constantly, but this drug has provided a very satisfactory solution. All in all, a quite safe and reliable solution to insomnia."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2013

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Helps alot after a long hard day of being a mom of 3."

junebug6679 March 9, 2013

For Insomnia: "I have been a sound sleeper most of my life until I was 65 and began waking up after about 1-1/2 hours sleep most nights and was unable to get back to sleep. After over a year of this I was always tired and had no stamina. I began taking Zolpidem 10mg every night at bedtime and was able to get 5 to 5-1/2 hours sleep almost every night. After a month I had normal energy and stamina (for my age). The only drawback is that I would prefer 7 to 7-1.2 hrs sleep which I only attain once or twice a week on the Zolpidem 10mg. I am going to discuss the newer slow-release version with my doctor for the next refill. It has made a significant improvement in my life and activities."

BoomerBurt March 9, 2013

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Always rolled around in bed since I was a kid trying to stop thinking. Sleep just didn't come natural unless I really put my body through the ringer that day. Being a kid, on those days I slept. Drinking in my mid years helped me get to sleep. Then I hit a work-anxiety wall in my 50's. Ambien, 10 mg, put me to sleep. With the well known side effects - called friends late at night (it doesn't work on me fast). Ate a lot of crap late. I need a good hour, more like 2 before I feel the effects, probably because I only take 2/3 now, I weigh around 200 pounds. The problem with Ambien is you never know when it's going to hit you. When it does and you're still ambulatory, childproof your life."

Can't Turn It Off March 8, 2013

For Insomnia: "I have been using zolpidem(5mg) over 3 years now. It's suppose to be only 2 weeks use but after I stopped using 2 weeks I couldn't fall a sleep all night. Since then I'm using everyday. I'm afraid if I stop using it I can't fall a sleep again. I'm glad I'm using only 5mg. It's great for initiating to sleep as it advertises."

Blueee (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 4, 2013

Intermezzo (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I have taken this about 3 times now and it works great. The only downfall with this pill is that it takes awhile to kick in. So I make sure I take it with 6 hours to spare. I haven't had any hangover from it either."

Salina A. (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2013

For Insomnia: "Have been a terrible sleeper my whole life. Runs in my family. Ambien is a God send for me. I take 5 mg and if it doesn't work I take the second half (5) for a total of 10. I do find myself feeling "dragged down" some mornings on 10 mg, but that wears off and even that at its worst is WAY better than me on no sleep!"

Annf1 February 19, 2013

Ambien CR (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Took it for a week. Slept fine a couple of nights. Felt like a heavy, drugged sleep. Didn't do anything a couple of nights. Stopped taking it after I woke up finding myself standing up at the end of the bed swinging my arms around to get rid of imaginary parrots I heard in the bedroom."

36 yr old woman (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2013

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Works but had rebound insomnia after about 2 weeks of taking it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2013

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Best sleeping product on the market today!"

Phantomjetpilot (taken for 10 years or more) February 6, 2013

For Insomnia: "Helps me sleep but I tend to talk a lot and buy things online unaware because I'm under the influence of the medication."

shani bee (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 30, 2013

For Insomnia: "I am in my seventies and have taken zolpidem for about 3 years. I split 10 mg pills into thirds. I take one at sleep time, another when I wake up, take another if it is still early in morning when I wake up again. Sometimes I take 4 in a night. So I take from 2 to 4 each night, which works well. Using the split pills gives me control on dosage, versus CR. I am really glad to have it."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 29, 2013

For Insomnia: "Began taking Zolpidem due to insomnia. I had no trouble falling asleep but I would not stay asleep and wake up 5-10 times a night. Now I fall asleep and sleep well for an average of 5 hours. Usually by 3:30am I am awake and not able to fall back to sleep. I get up for work at 4:30 am. So at least I am getting 5 good hours but I wish it would last longer. I long for 7-8 hours of sleep. I have had no adverse effects. Don't wake up groggy and no memory loss. "

Peginohio (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 29, 2013

Intermezzo (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I love it! Sleep great on it... wake up feeling like I've had a good night sleep."

DK555 January 27, 2013

For Insomnia: "Great feeling before bed and sleep all night."

theresa475 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 23, 2013

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Caused me to do things and not remember afterwards...I would be cautious while first taking this medication."

lkd54 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 8, 2013

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I was put on 10mg of Ambien after I was having trouble sleeping during a breakdown. I made the mistake one night of taking it and then answering the phone, I was on the phone for an hour.....Oh man, the cupboard moved all on it own,t hen they were strange people walking up and down the stairs in my house. Strange thing is I thought this was funny. I fell down twice, once breaking a little coffee table. Luckily for me my partner was there to help me up the stairs and put me to bed. I now only take 5mg about an hour before bed and it really relaxes me and makes me forget all problems. I don't have any trouble sleeping anymore as such just the odd night here and there."

Pol Aindriu (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 1, 2013

Ambien CR (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Just tried the Ambien CR last night. Still took awhile to fall asleep but once I did it worked great. Slept till 8:30. Unusual for me. Love it!"

Brandy Dreyer (taken for less than 1 month) December 20, 2012

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I took my daughter to dinner during which she mentioned our ride to school that morning. I asked what she meant. She told me I had given her a ride to school that morning. I have no recollection of taking her to school, leaving the house or coming home. It was a surreal experience and after reading the reviews here I have decided to stop taking the medication. It does help with sleep but driving in a black out is too scary for me."

Anonymous December 11, 2012

For Insomnia: "I am 30 years old and going through some career-related stressful period for the last few months, as a result of which I have been having bad insomnia, which I never had in my life before. I am not only having difficulty falling asleep, but also sustaining it. I started taking zolpidem 10 mg, but I cut it in half, eventhough it's only half a dose for an adult. *I am also 200 lbs. I took about 5 tablets in the last month or so, and the results have been largely positive. I fall asleep after taking zolpidem (half a dose), albeit sometimes after 1-2 hrs after ingestion. However, I sleep longer, and better. The only side effect is a mild hangover-like feeling the day after. In sum, take it as needed."

Iggy82 (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2012