User Reviews for Zolpidem (Page 8)

Also known as: Ambien, Ambien CR, Edluar, Intermezzo, Zolpimist

Learn more about Zolpidem.

Insomnia 558 reviews 110 medications

7.5
Summary of Zolpidem reviews 558 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Zolpidem

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Ambien was a great for me. I suffer from spine damage and pain wakes me. Sleep studies found I got 2 hrs of REM sleep. Ambien made this 5 and 6 hrs REM sleep. From this I cut my pain meds in half. My life got better and I went back to work. Medicine is not designed for long term use, yet I had to. This was only way I could sleep. I started with depression problems. Dr gave other medicines and it only made me worse. Ask for a sleep medicine change to Lunesta. In a week my depression was gone. "

ballistics123 August 7, 2013

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I have been on a fairly high dose of ambien (20 mgs) for periodic limb movement disorder which a sleep study showed woke me up over 100 times per night. I've been on the same dose for over fifteen years. Before I tried this, I was given over thirty different medications over two years, none of which really worked. This is what works. It works pretty well still, helping me fall and stay asleep, and I haven't noticed any side effects except midnight snacks and very mild memory haziness (I can still remember what happens, it's just muddy, like waking up in the middle of the night). Recently, my doctor told me the FDA had suggested I drop to 5 mg a night. That dose would never work for me, even when I started it. It's safe and still works."

Dolly2256 (taken for 10 years or more) August 7, 2013

For Insomnia: "I travel both domestically and internationally quite a bit. Zolpidem helps me reset my body clock when I'm dealing with jet lag. Usually a take it for 2-3 nights until my body clock syncs. Never had any adverse reaction. The first day though, it seems like I'm a little slow to get going, but I attribute that to the variation of the body clock to the silly clock on the side table. Highly recommend for this purpose!"

GCGarcia August 5, 2013

For Insomnia: "Been using Zolpidem several years now, 1/2 of a 10mg tablet when required. Stayed at that dose for a couple years, until began waking up after 4-5 hours. Began taking just a small pinch more to get back to sleep. Recently I found myself taking 2/3s pill at bedtime, and though I've never had any bizarre behavior on it, have been noting memory and mood changes as I've aged past 70 which I was attributing to normal aging and/or my thyroid disorder. However, after carelessly downing an entire 10 mg pill last night, I woke this morning feeling very groggy, foggy headed, and my vision was blurry. Sweet dreams."

jinjinpinti August 3, 2013

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I love it. I am a very restless sleeper, wake up almost every single hour then have a hard time falling back to sleep. The only time I could sleep through the night is if I drank a load of alcohol. Well, first I started out with half of a 5mg Ambien just to see how it would affect me, I slept a solid 4 hours, woke up, but it didn't bother me, I didn't get all upset because I woke up, and I easily fell back to sleep. So even 2.5 MG took the edge off for me. It depends on how good I want to sleep as to how much Ambien I take, last night I took 5mg and slept a solid 6 hours, got up went to the bathroom, slept another 3 hours, I don't have all the weird side effects. I feel like a whole new person taking this medication."

lissabirdie (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 31, 2013

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I have had on and off insomnia since I was a teenager. For almost 10 years I took an OTC sleeping pill and it worked fine. Last winter, I suddenly could not fall asleep with anything I took. I tried everything possible but I wouldn't fall asleep until 2 or 3 am. I would go into work feeling like I was hit by a truck. I spoke to my doctor, and she said that I might be suffering from depression which is why I wasn't sleeping. Tried trazadone but it never helped me sleep. I would have severe dry mouth, wouldn't fall asleep most nights and it caused me to have weird side effects. I went back to the doctor and she gave me 5 mg Ambien. It has helped me tremendously. I do not have the side effects people talk about."

Beachgirl65 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2013

For Insomnia: "Been taking 10mg and break part off, probably about 1/3....puts me asleep almost immediately for at least 6 or 7 hours."

marti545 (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 12, 2013

For Insomnia: "I never slept throughout the whole night. I asked my Dr if there was anything I could do, I was irritated about everything everyday due to lack of sleep. Luckily my Dr. prescribed the medication to me. Now I sleep peacefully through the WHOLE night."

neenah (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 12, 2013

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I take less than 10 mg (about 1/4 of a pill) very nearly every night for 15 years. I have had no side effects. "

OMR77 (taken for 10 years or more) July 8, 2013

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Worked great for first few times, but started to dissipate until it stopped working altogether"

ceremebol June 25, 2013

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Worked very poorly for insomnia at times it would let me have 3-4 hours of restless sleep and at others even with taking two I laid wide awake for hours."

AnxietyBomb (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2013

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "After working 12hr shift work for our local Police Department, when you come home, you have what I guess nervous energy. I have tried other medicines. However "Ambien allows a deep sound-ful sleep."

! June 22, 2013

For Insomnia: "Due to high anxiety, I would stay awake anywhere between 36-44 hours. After Tylenol PM failed miserably, my doctor put me on Ambien. Not only does it put me to sleep, it also calms the anxiety down very, very well. I will take it, and within 15-20 min be feeling alot better. I have had insomnia for 8 years. After taking it I feel a little funny in the head, and my vision messes up a little, but that's it. Nothing bad at all. If it wasn't for Ambien, I would not know what a good night's sleep is! I take the 10mg. I highly recommend it."

Brooder (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 18, 2013

Ambien CR (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I was in my late 60's when I realized that I was having sleep issues. Tylenol PM no longer had any effect. I tried ALL the OTC sleep remedies for another 3 years, with no meaningful success. Two to four hours of sleep was getting old and aging me in the process. I finally got my G.P. to give me a prescription for Ambien and my world changed overnight. It was great, finally am getting 6 1/2 to 7 1/2 hours of continual, restful sleep, as long as I take an Ambien or Ambien CR. Have read tonnes of medical reports and am convinced this is a blessing. Sure, there are some weird side effects for some people, but these are a tiny minority."

Don Jose' (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 17, 2013

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I had a real rough time falling asleep so my doc prescribed Ambien. It worked tremendously but after 3 days I experienced finger joint pain, by the 5th day wrist and finger joint paint was excessive. I will stop using and hope the pain goes away!"

8579309 (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2013

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "My doctor took me off Trazodone due to sexual problems. I started taking Ambien about 2 days ago. The first day, I was a zombie and had major amnesia problems. My son videotaped how crazy I was acting. I didn't know you had to lie down and take it. I took it the next night while in bed and was wired. Only got 30 minutes of sleep before work. I am ADHD, so that may have had something to do with it. I will give it a couple more nights before I give up on it."

nikadi2009 (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2013

For Insomnia: "This medicine has given me a new life by allowing me a good nights sleep."

Levi Sandis (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 26, 2013

Ambien CR (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Over 18 months, I had been taking non-extended release Ambien, starting out with five milligrams but quickly being switched up to ten. Eventually, as stress and other factors were preying more heavily on my tired brain, the ten began not to work, so I was nibbling away at up to half of another 10 milligram tablet after not falling asleep, or not staying asleep. Needless to say, that was not a good idea. Finally, last week, I saw my doctor about it, and now I'm on Ambien CR and I'm managing to fall asleep and stay asleep--and knocking on wood."

finally sleeping in pittsburgh (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2013

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I suffer from both sleep onset and sleep maintenance insomnia. My doctor recommended that I take 5 mg (half a dose) of Ambien prior to bedtime. In terms of overriding sleep onset insomnia, this product is excellent. It also does a good job of keeping me asleep throughout the night; however, I still wake up approximately five to six hours later. (My ideal amount of sleep is seven to eight hours). Still, getting six hours of uninterrupted sleep is preferable to eight hours of fitful sleeping. It's also worth mentioning that Ambien doesn't leave me feeling groggy in the morning. Unlike some of the other reviewers here I haven't experienced any of the more pernicious negative side-effects, e.g. the various somnambulist activities."

Devx (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 20, 2013

For Insomnia: "Before zolpidem, I used to take 3 Motrins and 3 Benadryls to fall asleep. I love it. Lunesta just was too expensive and didn't work for me as well. Thanks for reading."

Xkwisit (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 11, 2013

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "First time in a LONG time I have gone to bed without worrying about if I was going to be able to sleep, then I didn't have to lay there trying, it just happened. I woke up refreshed, which was a surprise because it is normally a 15 minute battle to get up in the morning."

BananaBird April 27, 2013

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I fell asleep as soon as the pill kicked in and was out like a lamp for the rest of the night."

dreamerboy April 25, 2013

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Since I was a teenager I have been struggling with Insomnia. So I was sent to a Psychiatrist who was fairly old. So as he prescribed Xanax and Valium for me in the day time. He gave me Amytal (amobarbital) 200mg Capsules for insomnia. These work more than you can believe. However as there wasn't a huge demand for it it was taken off the market, and I was put on Restoril 30mg x 2, didn't work. Ambien in my opinion is the best they have on the market right now. "

R.Miller82 April 23, 2013

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "My experience was great, like a Valium I'm feeling excellent and I know I will have a great night. Thanks Ambien. "

Mr. Nailz (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2013

Ambien CR (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Been taking this for years. The only thing that has worked for me. I can stay up all night without it. I have learned you have to go to bed hungry, that way it has nothing to compete with in your stomach. No side affects the next morning. Get about 4 to 5 hrs now which is good for me. Now if my insurance would pay for this! Just got new insurance this year and they consider this a tier 4 medication. Don't know which is worse. Going broke or not getting any sleep."

Going broke March 24, 2013