User Reviews for Zolpidem

Also known as: Ambien, Ambien CR, Edluar, Intermezzo, Zolpimist

Learn more about Zolpidem.

Insomnia 421 reviews 100 medications

7.7
Summary of Zolpidem reviews 421 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Zolpidem

For Insomnia: This is a God send. I can't shut my mind up when trying to go to bed. As long as I go to bed within 45 minutes of taking the pill, I only need to take a half of a pill, 5mg., maybe every two weeks I'll have to take the half if I stay up too long. No groggy wake up, to be honest, I don't think I've had any side effects or strange experiences. I've been taking them for about 5 years with the same dosage and I'm a beer drinker and it doesn't seem to effect them.

July 18, 2011 12:51 AM

Zolpimist (zolpidem) for Insomnia: Works quickly and I sleep well. Fast acting. Amazing.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 6, 2011 5:30 PM

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: I've been on Ambien for 2 years now and I wouldn't have it any other way. I've been an insomniac all my life and Ambien is a miracle cure. My husband and kids absolutely hate it because they say I'm a totally different person when I'm on it. I never have recollection of anything and I don't think it's fair that they blame me for something I don't even know I'm doing. All I know is the sleep is excellent and if you're considering this medicine it's good to have someone nearby who's a light sleeper.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 29, 2011 11:35 PM

For Insomnia: I don't always stay asleep through the night, but enough that I'd say it is worth it. I have had some odd experiences while taking this medication. I experienced sleep eating, sleep online shopping, sleep talking on the phone. Completely bizarre! These things can be easily avoided now I am aware it happens. I have been taking this for about 2 years and have had no addictive issues with this medication. It is the only thing that works outside of the benzodiazepines, which are addictive.

June 25, 2011 12:23 AM

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: Ambien works well for me, I take 5 mg. Some nights if husband is snoring very loud I need 10 mg. I take it only when needed, like traveling or maybe twice a month. My problem is the next night I will not sleep without Ambien I have to have some wine to relax me, then I'll sleep, next night I am fine.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 24, 2011 9:19 AM

Review by cindiwindi1025:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: Ambien has been the only insomnia medicine that has worked consistently for the 7 years I have been taking it. I was on a combination of Ambien and Xanax but lost my healthcare coverage so am on Ambien only. I totally have to thank the Ambien makers because my life was a messy blur of nonsleep. Now, I sleep and sleep well.

June 12, 2011 1:38 AM

Review by Al Cooper:

For Insomnia: Positive - Works "as advertised" in 5mg or 10mg tablet form. Best used immediately before "hopping into bed". If used prior to this, you may/will experience some amnesia (short term memory) loss or confusion. Things or actions taken MAY be perfectly normal, such as convenience store shopping, etc. I am, however, extremely grateful that I do not have access to a motor vehicle. Impaired judgement should be taken for granted.

June 9, 2011 8:59 AM

Review by Airline Pilot:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: I have been taking ambien for a few years and it has made a profound change in my sleeping routines. I am getting better sleep than ever!

June 4, 2011 10:51 PM

Review by Redpr4:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: I have been taking Ambien for about 3 years now off and on. I can't sleep at night and most nights when I do take Ambien I lay awake. When I take the Ambien it takes sometimes 35 minutes to an hour before I feel anything. I recently discovered I have been sleep eating. I was dreaming I was eating cinnamon buns and when I woke up I found the box of cinnamon buns were all gone. Plus I have found I have been posting stuff on Face Book and I don't remember doing it. Even though I have found out I have been doing these things but I can't sleep so to me it's worth taking. Glad to know I don't sleep eat every night.

May 31, 2011 8:58 PM

Review by mostlytired:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: I have used Ambien for 6 years. It worked very well all the time before they introduced the generic brands. The generics are NOT the same as the original and do not produce the same results. They leave me hung over and each manufacturer has his own brew thus are unpredictable in how they will perform. I have offered to pay the difference to get the real Ambien but with no success. Sure wish this wasn't so expensive.

May 30, 2011 5:37 PM

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: Took my first Ambien last night at 10. Started with half like my doctor said. Took the other half at 1am since first half obviously didn't work. Here I sit at 5:30am and my eyes still haven't closed. Only difference with me is that when I didn't take I sleep a couple of hours and feel fine. Taking Ambien I don't sleep at all but feel tired!

May 27, 2011 5:36 AM

Review by Avrahom:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: I have had difficulty going to sleep and was prescribed this medicine. It does help me sleep for several hours.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 24, 2011 1:32 PM

Review by shedeth:

For Insomnia: I have been using Zolpidem for about 6 mos for chronic nerve pain and anxiety. I take it before bedtime instead of another painkiller to help me relax before bed. You must be going to sleep at least 15-20 minutes after you take it because it will only initiate sleep, not meant to keep you asleep. I get at least 7 straight hours sleep without noticing my pain gnawing at me all night. It helps a lot!

May 22, 2011 5:58 AM

Review by Iam awake:

Ambien (zolpidem) for : Works well if you go straight to bed. If you stay up past 30 minutes you are fighting it. Just let the feeling hit you and go to bed. I have taken two 10mg tabs in about 30 mins and apparently made constant calls to my wife at work. When she came home I asked her "What are you talking about?" I still have no memory of that incident. So now I only take 1 and try to go straight to bed.

May 11, 2011 3:02 AM

Review by ikandy2:

Ambien CR (zolpidem) for Insomnia: I sleep drove while on Ambien. I had 2 packs of cigarettes when I went to bed and 4 packs when I woke up. This can be a very dangerous.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 10, 2011 2:26 AM

Review by Hungry woman:

For Insomnia: I took my Ambien, thought I went to sleep but instead talked on the phone to my boyfriend who told me I was acting crazy and making no sense. I told him I was going to cook and eat all the food in the fridge. which I actually did do with no knowledge of it, there weren't even any leftovers, however all the dishes were washed and put away, this behavior caused me to gain weight as well as have amnesia for the entire event.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 1, 2011 12:45 AM

Review by Huskey48:

Ambien CR (zolpidem) for Insomnia: I have been taken Ambien CR now for over 10 years, at first if I stayed up I would do things and not remember doing them. Then I made myself to go to bed right after taking one and it had put me right to sleep. Sleep to 7 to 8 hours per night. It is a good medicine but take it 10 mins before going to bed and then go right to bed don't stay up.

April 17, 2011 1:14 AM

Review by moi82:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, but when it does ...it does.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 15, 2011 1:15 AM

Review by dolll lady:

For Insomnia: I have used zolpidem for several years without problem. However I was very tired and also had a sinus infection that was very severe. I took the zolpidem to help me fall asleep and it worked as usual but after an hour or so, I got up (this was told to me because I have no memory of it) I got up went to the bathroom, fell, I missed the toilet, I played in it and painted the floor and walls with it. My husband and daughter in law cleaned me up and I resisted, but they got it done and I was put back in bed. I got up again and fell. They put me back to bed and the next morning I could not understand why I was in a different gown.

April 13, 2011 1:43 PM

Review by slaughterray:

Edluar (zolpidem) for Insomnia: After my doctor prescribed Edluar 10MG due to my complaint of only getting 4-5 hours sleep because of the pain I have been experiencing. I now get a full 7-8 hours sleep. I awaken feeling refresh. I do not feel tired. I feel a lot better than before. I was having a very difficult time sleeping past 5 hours since November 2009.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 13, 2011 4:46 AM

For Insomnia: I have been taking Zolpidem for night terror for 5 years and has made my life so much better then you could ever think. I believe that I have never had a side effect to my recollection. I tried Lunesta and it really missed my up emotions. My only bad thoughts about zolpidem would be long term use is life time use?

April 10, 2011 12:08 AM

Review by runky22:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: I've been taking Ambien since January 2006 and about 4 weeks ago I began to have issues sleeping only been getting 2-3 hrs a night. I called my psychologist and family doctor about the situation. I was given Lunesta through my family doctor. Tried that for a couple days and couldn't still couldn't sleep. Then I thought it was my Wellbutrin so I went "cold turkey" on that for about a week until I almost had a break down. Then I started taking half of my Wellbutrin and feel a little better. My psychologist just gave me a prescription for the Ambien Cr and only have taken for 2 nights so far. I just want some sleep.. my grades are suffering and so is my job.

April 5, 2011 10:33 PM

Review by shiftworker:

For Insomnia: I have been on Ambien for six years now. Really helps me with little side effects like metal taste in mouth. Other than that I get at least 7 hrs of sleep. Good luck to all those insomniacs.

March 31, 2011 4:24 PM

Ambien CR (zolpidem) for Insomnia: I have been on Ambien CR 12.5mg for a while and it does not seem to work for me. I take it and I do not even get tired but feel drunk. The first day I was on it I got in my brand new car and wrecked it. When I take it and do go right to sleep, I still wake up every hour after that so I am not even actually getting restful sleep. I don't know why this medicine seems to work so well for everyone else on here and not work for me.

March 29, 2011 2:27 PM

For Insomnia: I have been taking Ambien for a while. I have occasionally eaten in my sleep. I had an episode last year whereby I took Ambien and I became very aggressive and had no memory of it the next morning. Make sure you are in a safe environment before taking it.

March 24, 2011 1:13 PM