User Reviews for Zolpidem

Also known as: Ambien, Ambien CR, Edluar, Intermezzo, Zolpimist

Learn more about Zolpidem.

Insomnia 485 reviews 105 medications

7.6
Summary of Zolpidem reviews 485 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Zolpidem

Zolpimist (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "My experience: Cons- some nights, right as soon as I fell asleep, I'd wake up sleep walking and make myself something to eat, or get naked and sit at the table. Now I'm not a sleep walker but my brother sleeps late and he would always tell me in the morning that I'd walk into his room and say something random or he'd be in the kitchen when I wake up sleepwalking. He'd say I always seemed fully awake cause my eyes were wide open but I'd act weird. Pro's- Kept me asleep and I'd wake up early feeling I had enough sleep."

LianaKhan (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 11, 2012

Ambien CR (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "After using Lunesta for a couple of years the effect began diminishing. My doctor prescribed Ambien CR. It has worked perfectly for my chronic insomnia. I have experienced the memory loss. Several times I have sent emails and when I get replies I do not have any memories of what I wrote or of sending the email. But I did get very deep sleep, so I learned to stay off the computer after taking a pill."

Anonymous June 11, 2012

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I have been taking Ambien since it was released to the public. I only use it occasionally. Sometimes I have a period of several days where going or staying asleep is a problem, then no need for weeks. I have never had any after or side effects from taking Ambien. I feel it is, for me and my condition, the best medication on the market."

Traude (taken for 10 years or more) June 2, 2012

Intermezzo (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Worked as advertised. Really helps."

KenKap (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2012

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Ambien has been a lifesaver for me. I have had insomnia since I was a teen, and Ambien has been the only medication I have used that works for me. There are plenty of "strange" things that can happen if you try to do things between the time you take the medication and onset. IMPORTANT: If you are going to take Ambien, be IN BED, ready to sleep. It takes effect VERY quickly. Great medication for insomnia!"

Anonymous May 2, 2012

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "This medicine has a very strange effect on me. Within 15 minutes of taking it I start to feel tired but at the same time develop a massive unyielding erection. It's frustrating because the medicine works, I am super tired when I take it but too uncomfortable to sleep."

Michalob April 25, 2012

Intermezzo (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I took this early enough that I still had 6 hours to sleep. I woke up feeling refreshed! I felt much better than I usually do after sleeping. I slept so soundly. Other sleeping pills left me feeling groggy the next day - but not this."

Anonymous April 18, 2012

Zolpimist (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Zolpidem does work fast. However, I have a right arm that goes to sleep on me easily. So if I take zolpidem, I make sure that I fall asleep in a position that will not cut the circulation in my arm."

Prof1 April 6, 2012

Zolpimist (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Great product. Put me on sleep very fast."

Kashota March 15, 2012

For Insomnia: "I was prescribed zolpidem to treat my sleep issues. I took it for about two months. It did allow me to sleep through the night, however I noticed significant mood changes. I became very aggressive and emotional at the drop of a hat. I became concerned because I could not fall asleep without taking zolpidem. I became shaky at times and just didn't feel right. I found a new doctor and have been off the zolpidem for a week now. She gave me trazodone which is not so addictive. I have slept the last two nights with no medicines at all. I am feeling so much better. I know everyone reacts differently to medicine but I feel that the zolpidem made things worse for me. I am relieved to be off of zolpidem."

Anonymous March 13, 2012

Ambien CR (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I have taken Ambien (10mg) on several occasions for short periods of time and it worked just fine (knocked me out in 20min and gave me 5 to 6 hours of sleep). But, my doctor recently added Ambien CR to my nightly cocktail and it has not worked like the doctor or the website said it would. I have been taking it for a week. I expected it to knock me out and keep me asleep. I have done everything like I have been told to do and have been taking it before bed and all it has been doing is taking 3 to 4 hours to knock me out and makes me totally loopy in the morning. The effect is basically lengthened and delayed. I am hoping to switch back to original Ambien formula when I see the doctor next month!"

Anonymous March 12, 2012

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I take Ambien when I need to change my sleeping habits, or when my anxiety induces insomnia. I've had no side effects bad enough for me to remember, although I do get amnesia. I do my best to get right to sleep after taking it because I will do strange things while awake. Otherwise Ambien works perfectly for my needs."

Matsi March 8, 2012

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Awesome medicine, not worried about dependency because insomnia, like depression can be chronic. When I take one get the best sleep of my life. Don't, and I can't sleep, much like before I started taking it. As others have said, take it and go DIRECTLY to bed! Do not pass go!"

Silentsoft March 4, 2012

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I have been taking Ambien for about 3 years. I have Anxiety disorder and have had trouble getting to sleep as long as I remember. I worked night shifts because it was easier. After I had kids, I had to become a day person! I had terrible nights of falling asleep at 3-4 am after tossing and turning. I used Benadryl for several years and one night it turned on me, I had anxiety attacks, muscle spasm & ridgidity. My doctor gave me Lexapro, because I had depression at that time as well. I hated it and how numb I always felt. Then he prescribed Ambien. I cut the pill in half. It doesnt knock me out, it just turns my brain to slow and sleepy. I sleep like a baby. I wake very happy and alert. No more depression either."

Anonymous February 28, 2012

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Horrible effects; insomnia, muscle spasm, heart pain, facial pain, skin rashes and acne, low body temperatutre<97 F"

NickandJane February 23, 2012

For Insomnia: "I have been taking this medicine for years. I started off with the CR and that was a hot mess. I ended up doing things and not remembering how I got there. Then my doctor put me on the plain zolpidem and that has worked out, but what a lot of people don't know is it works better on an empty stomach."

Anonymous February 22, 2012

For Insomnia: "I've only used it one night so far (over the fears of having sleep apnea, and waking when I can't breathe, a pill to keep me asleep just kind of scared me but walking around sleepier and sleepier each day, I caved. True benefits I don't know yet, but I do know last night was the first night I slept over 8 hours STRAIGHT. My Machine says I still had my sleep apnea events, but they seem about the same as normal."

Anonymous February 15, 2012

For Insomnia: "2 years ago I started not to sleep until mornings and my doctor gave me this medicine. It's supposed to initiate sleeping which I needed most and it was only for 2 weeks. After taking this pill my sleeping was awesome.. but after 2 weeks when I stopped it started again and I was awake all night. I couldn't sleep without pill and now its been 2 years. It helps me to sleep but bad that I can't live without it. "

blueee February 14, 2012

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I was having severe insomnia to the point where I was only getting 1-2 hours, at the most, of sleep a night. I started to hallucinate after a few days of this and was prescribed Ambien. It works fast (within 10 minutes after kicking in to fall asleep), but I only sleep 4-5 hours on it and then wake up refreshed. I don't get my full 7-8 hours. Not sure what's up with that. I tried Ambien CR and it took longer to fall asleep on that and I still only got around 4-5 hours of sleep on the CR version. I still use Ambien and it's better than Lunesta which gave me a nasty taste in my mouth and didn't even make me tired. Overall, I recommend Ambien."

Anonymous February 9, 2012

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I took 5 mg of Ambien for 3 weeks. It was effective but when I stopped I had a terrible time trying to sleep. Check with your doctor and see if phasing out Ambien with lower doses would be recommended."

Anonymous February 1, 2012

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Started taking Ambien 5 years ago while I was in nursing school. I would sometimes only get 45 minutes of sleep without it. With it I could easily sleep 8 hours. It worked amazingly well. Now, 5 years later, it seems I have built up quite the tolerance and sometimes need to take 2 just to make me half sleepy. Another problem is my doctor does not like to give me refills as this medicine is meant for short term use. He does refill it, but only after a long lecture every month."

But-I-NEED-it February 1, 2012

For Insomnia: "I suffer from serious anxiety which had been making it really hard for me to fall asleep, taking 2-4 hours to fall asleep and then when finally sleeping I'd always be waking up 4 times in the night and after two months of this, I was completely exhausted and went to talk to my doctor who prescribed me zolpidem. This medicine knocks you out right away but be careful - go straight to bed after taking it, because it kicks in fast and strong and the effect it has is kind of like being completely wasted and you'll end up doing silly things. If you go straight to bed, you get a good, deep 6-7 hours sleep, which feels amazing! It's so strong that my brother tried to wake me up once when I fell asleep on the couch and he couldn't! That NEVER happens!"

Anonymous January 22, 2012

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I cannot take Ambien anymore. Last night I apparently tried to feed the pet python, left the cage open, burned myself on the bed warmer, argued with my girlfriend as she was trying to get me to go back bed and then argued with her again this morning when she told me what I had done. I have no recollection of any of this. I don't even feel very rested this morning, and it's no wonder- I was up all night sleepwalking and doing who knows what. The lights were on, but no one was home."

Anonymous January 21, 2012

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I started sleep walking on this medicine. My wife found me sitting on the kitchen floor with a bottle of her red wine and I'm told that I asked her if we were in San Francisco Or San Jose. This stopped my 28 years plus of continued sobriety. I was rushed to the hospital by ambulance they thought I might of had a stroke. I didn't. It was an Ambien blackout. I have a very close friend here in San Jose who owns a Recovery home. He told me that his place is filling up with people being pulled over driving around town in their Pajamas while thinking they are home in bed. Ambien might be great for some people, but for folks like me it has evil effects. Please be careful people."

Gloryrider January 19, 2012

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I have been taking Ambien for about a year now. I have two sleep problems: I have difficulty falling asleep and 2) when I do manage to fall asleep, I usually wake up about 2 hours later and can't get back to sleep. I haven't noticed Ambien having any effect at all on the first problem. (It's 7:40 am as I write this, and I haven't been to bed yet.) But it does help with the second. When I finally do manage to get to sleep, I usually sleep for a good 7 or 8 hours. Different people respond to this medication in different ways. Be very careful about taking it until you know how it affects you."

Jaylah January 18, 2012