User Reviews for Zolpidem

Also known as: Ambien, Ambien CR, Edluar, Intermezzo, Zolpimist

Learn more about Zolpidem.

Insomnia 415 reviews 96 medications

7.7
Summary of Zolpidem reviews 415 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Zolpidem

Review by Al Cooper: User Rating:

zolpidem for Insomnia: Positive - Works "as advertised" in 5mg or 10mg tablet form. Best used immediately before "hopping into bed". If used prior to this, you may/will experience some amnesia (short term memory) loss or confusion. Things or actions taken MAY be perfectly normal, such as convenience store shopping, etc. I am, however, extremely grateful that I do not have access to a motor vehicle. Impaired judgement should be taken for granted.

June 9, 2011 8:59 AM
Review by Airline Pilot: User Rating:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: I have been taking ambien for a few years and it has made a profound change in my sleeping routines. I am getting better sleep than ever!

June 4, 2011 10:51 PM
Review by Redpr4:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: I have been taking Ambien for about 3 years now off and on. I can't sleep at night and most nights when I do take Ambien I lay awake. When I take the Ambien it takes sometimes 35 minutes to an hour before I feel anything. I recently discovered I have been sleep eating. I was dreaming I was eating cinnamon buns and when I woke up I found the box of cinnamon buns were all gone. Plus I have found I have been posting stuff on Face Book and I don't remember doing it. Even though I have found out I have been doing these things but I can't sleep so to me it's worth taking. Glad to know I don't sleep eat every night.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 31, 2011 8:58 PM
Review by mostlytired: User Rating:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: I have used Ambien for 6 years. It worked very well all the time before they introduced the generic brands. The generics are NOT the same as the original and do not produce the same results. They leave me hung over and each manufacturer has his own brew thus are unpredictable in how they will perform. I have offered to pay the difference to get the real Ambien but with no success. Sure wish this wasn't so expensive.

May 30, 2011 5:37 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: Took my first Ambien last night at 10. Started with half like my doctor said. Took the other half at 1am since first half obviously didn't work. Here I sit at 5:30am and my eyes still haven't closed. Only difference with me is that when I didn't take I sleep a couple of hours and feel fine. Taking Ambien I don't sleep at all but feel tired!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 27, 2011 5:36 AM
Review by Avrahom: User Rating:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: I have had difficulty going to sleep and was prescribed this medicine. It does help me sleep for several hours.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 24, 2011 1:32 PM
Review by shedeth: User Rating:

zolpidem for Insomnia: I have been using Zolpidem for about 6 mos for chronic nerve pain and anxiety. I take it before bedtime instead of another painkiller to help me relax before bed. You must be going to sleep at least 15-20 minutes after you take it because it will only initiate sleep, not meant to keep you asleep. I get at least 7 straight hours sleep without noticing my pain gnawing at me all night. It helps a lot!

May 22, 2011 5:58 AM
Review by Iam awake: User Rating:

Ambien (zolpidem): Works well if you go straight to bed. If you stay up past 30 minutes you are fighting it. Just let the feeling hit you and go to bed. I have taken two 10mg tabs in about 30 mins and apparently made constant calls to my wife at work. When she came home I asked her "What are you talking about?" I still have no memory of that incident. So now I only take 1 and try to go straight to bed.

May 11, 2011 3:02 AM
Review by ikandy2: User Rating:

Ambien CR (zolpidem) for Insomnia: I sleep drove while on Ambien. I had 2 packs of cigarettes when I went to bed and 4 packs when I woke up. This can be a very dangerous.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 10, 2011 2:26 AM
Review by Hungry woman: User Rating:

zolpidem for Insomnia: I took my Ambien, thought I went to sleep but instead talked on the phone to my boyfriend who told me I was acting crazy and making no sense. I told him I was going to cook and eat all the food in the fridge. which I actually did do with no knowledge of it, there weren't even any leftovers, however all the dishes were washed and put away, this behavior caused me to gain weight as well as have amnesia for the entire event.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 1, 2011 12:45 AM
Review by Huskey48:

Ambien CR (zolpidem) for Insomnia: I have been taken Ambien CR now for over 10 years, at first if I stayed up I would do things and not remember doing them. Then I made myself to go to bed right after taking one and it had put me right to sleep. Sleep to 7 to 8 hours per night. It is a good medicine but take it 10 mins before going to bed and then go right to bed don't stay up.

April 17, 2011 1:14 AM
Review by moi82: User Rating:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, but when it does ...it does.

April 15, 2011 1:15 AM
Review by dolll lady: User Rating:

zolpidem for Insomnia: I have used zolpidem for several years without problem. However I was very tired and also had a sinus infection that was very severe. I took the zolpidem to help me fall asleep and it worked as usual but after an hour or so, I got up (this was told to me because I have no memory of it) I got up went to the bathroom, fell, I missed the toilet, I played in it and painted the floor and walls with it. My husband and daughter in law cleaned me up and I resisted, but they got it done and I was put back in bed. I got up again and fell. They put me back to bed and the next morning I could not understand why I was in a different gown.

April 13, 2011 1:43 PM
Review by slaughterray: User Rating:

Edluar (zolpidem) for Insomnia: After my doctor prescribed Edluar 10MG due to my complaint of only getting 4-5 hours sleep because of the pain I have been experiencing. I now get a full 7-8 hours sleep. I awaken feeling refresh. I do not feel tired. I feel a lot better than before. I was having a very difficult time sleeping past 5 hours since November 2009.

April 13, 2011 4:46 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

zolpidem for Insomnia: I have been taking Zolpidem for night terror for 5 years and has made my life so much better then you could ever think. I believe that I have never had a side effect to my recollection. I tried Lunesta and it really missed my up emotions. My only bad thoughts about zolpidem would be long term use is life time use?

April 10, 2011 12:08 AM
Review by runky22: User Rating:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: I've been taking Ambien since January 2006 and about 4 weeks ago I began to have issues sleeping only been getting 2-3 hrs a night. I called my psychologist and family doctor about the situation. I was given Lunesta through my family doctor. Tried that for a couple days and couldn't still couldn't sleep. Then I thought it was my Wellbutrin so I went "cold turkey" on that for about a week until I almost had a break down. Then I started taking half of my Wellbutrin and feel a little better. My psychologist just gave me a prescription for the Ambien Cr and only have taken for 2 nights so far. I just want some sleep.. my grades are suffering and so is my job.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 5, 2011 10:33 PM
Review by shiftworker: User Rating:

zolpidem for Insomnia: I have been on Ambien for six years now. Really helps me with little side effects like metal taste in mouth. Other than that I get at least 7 hrs of sleep. Good luck to all those insomniacs.

March 31, 2011 4:24 PM

Ambien CR (zolpidem) for Insomnia: I have been on Ambien CR 12.5mg for a while and it does not seem to work for me. I take it and I do not even get tired but feel drunk. The first day I was on it I got in my brand new car and wrecked it. When I take it and do go right to sleep, I still wake up every hour after that so I am not even actually getting restful sleep. I don't know why this medicine seems to work so well for everyone else on here and not work for me.

March 29, 2011 2:27 PM

zolpidem for Insomnia: I have been taking Ambien for a while. I have occasionally eaten in my sleep. I had an episode last year whereby I took Ambien and I became very aggressive and had no memory of it the next morning. Make sure you are in a safe environment before taking it.

March 24, 2011 1:13 PM
Review by Lisavawa: User Rating:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: I find that if I take the Ambien and go directly to bed it works very well. If I take it and then delay going to bed by doing dishes or cleaning before bed I have unusual effects. After sleeping for a very short period of time I will get up, go to the kitchen and make waffles. This has happened a handful of times. I'm always surprised to have my family thanking me for taking the trouble for making waffles. Really no trouble since I don't remember any of it.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 22, 2011 3:51 AM
Review by paw0624: User Rating:

Ambien CR (zolpidem) for Insomnia: Ambein CR 12.5 is great. I took it for years until AARP Medicare prescription drug plan removed it from their list. I did not experience any known side effects. It is the only medicine for insomnia that has worked for me. Maybe soon the insurance company will realize that and stop causing me to lose sleep.

March 13, 2011 8:37 AM
Review by TammyLG: User Rating:

zolpidem for Insomnia: I have been taking Ambien CR 12.5 for years and it works great. The generic Zolpidem is like taking a sugar pill it does nothing.

March 9, 2011 8:23 AM
Review by hagupachu: User Rating:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: Best sleep medicine.

February 22, 2011 4:31 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Ambien CR (zolpidem) for Insomnia: So far I really like Zolpidem ER (generic form). I was having a lot of trouble falling asleep because my mind was always racing. My doctor prescribed 6.25mg at first and this did not really seem to help. He then suggested that I take two (to equal 12.5mg) and this did the trick. I try to make sure I'm done with dinner and any snacking by 7-8PM and I take this at 10PM, right as I"m getting into bed. This softly puts me to sleep within 20-30 minutes. I've read it should not disturb "sleep architecture". I gave an 8 because I still wake up about 3-4 am but I can fall back asleep.

February 18, 2011 10:44 AM
Review by midnight raider: User Rating:

zolpidem for Insomnia: I go to sleep and usually wake up in an hour or so hungry. Often I have to have a snack before I can go to sleep. Still, without it, I have difficulty in sleeping at all due to an accumulation of various pains.

February 4, 2011 6:38 PM