User Reviews for Reclast

Learn more about Reclast.

Prevention of Osteoporosis 3 reviews 64 medications

Osteoporosis 17 reviews 191 medications

6.7
Hypercalcemia of Malignancy 0 reviews 46 medications Not rated - Be the first
Osteolytic Bone Lesi...Multiple Myeloma 0 reviews 4 medications Not rated - Be the first
Osteolytic Bone Meta... of Solid Tumors 0 reviews 4 medications Not rated - Be the first
Paget's Disease 0 reviews 14 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Reclast reviews 20 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Reclast

For Osteoporosis: I am 52 years old with no other medical problems. After having a Reclast treatment I have had very few side effects. I took 1200mg a day of Calcium Citrate and Vitamin D for about two weeks before my treatment and drank lots of water the day of the treatment before and after my treatment. I was able to go back to work the day after my treatment with no pain.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 29, 2014 2:53 PM

Review by J B1:

For Osteoporosis: 2nd infusion 4 yrs apart. First time-hard chills during night Vit D level 40. This time low grade fever x2 days then outbreak of herpes simplex fever blisters of face. Vit D level 61.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 11, 2014 12:06 PM

Review by Phylimelt (taken for less than 1 month):

For Osteoporosis: I had my infusion on Friday. My doctor gave me Tylenol at that time and said take one twice a day for 3 days. On Sunday I woke up with some leg muscle pain. Took 2 Tylenol and an Aleve Later on in the morning. Felt fine all day and I resumed by gym workouts on Monday. This was a breeze.

March 17, 2014 10:42 AM

Review by PlantCrone:

For Osteoporosis: I had my first Reclast I.V. injection last winter, just prior to the holidays. I had about 5 days of severe flu symptoms and seriously considered not repeating the injection the next year. However my bone scan was so positive and even with several falls I have not broken anything. Prior to the Reclast I had, in 2 years, a fractured hip, wrist and ankle. Surgery on the hip showed a femur like Swiss cheese and the severe fall seriously impacted my life. This year I'm 70 and preparing for my second IV, seeing a dentist to make sure I don't have any serious issues that need to be dealt with. I also quit taking steroid spinal IVs for chronic this year thinking I could deal with the pain and perhaps not have further breaks. I endorse Reclast.

August 27, 2013 11:18 PM

Review by Willer:

For Osteoporosis: The first dose gave me muscle pain and weakness that left me in bed trying not to move in an attempt to minimize the pain. For two days every breath I took was accompanied by significant pain. Because even though I was laying as still as possible, I still needed to breathe I was assured that the pain is milder the second time around. They were right, the pain did not outweigh my will to move. Which was fortunate because I had nausea and vomiting the next day. My doctor was able to prescribe anti nausea meds, which helped significantly. I suggest anyone who takes this have someone who can help them out the next few days. Just in case.

August 10, 2013 8:34 PM

Review by jonnie12345:

For Osteoporosis: Had first injection two days ago. Have had mild flu like symptoms took ibuprofen and so far it has helped. Weird pains here and there but they come and go and are tolerable.

March 4, 2013 12:19 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Osteoporosis: Terrible side effects, had bone pain for 2 wks.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 22, 2012 6:41 AM

For Osteoporosis: No problem whatsoever and Bone Density Test has shown some improvement..so will continue.

August 10, 2012 11:58 AM

Review by Reclastmarge (taken for less than 1 month):

For Osteoporosis: I became very ill. Two days after injection, I ran a fever. A few days after that, I had vomiting and diarrhea and was exhausted. I also had joint pain.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 6, 2012 7:09 PM

Review by newcalann (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Prevention of Osteoporosis: I used Reclast for two years, and each year experienced sudden severe hair loss about 4 1/2 to 5 months after injection. My dermatologist and oncologist concluded Reclast was responsible.

July 12, 2012 4:21 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Osteoporosis: I have read many bad reviews on this treatment, so let me tell you my positive one. I am early 60s, very active, slightly built and failed my bone density scan. Did my research (very important) and found a fabulous young female rheumatologist. After viewing all of my prior dexa scans we tried one Fosamax (I had been on Evista for four years prior due to healed multiple ulcers). The Fosamax reaction was very bad but the gastric distress eased up finally. We decided on the Reclast infusion. The injection was pleasant, the people great. I went to work. Had a headache for three days, took medicines for the headache but carried on my regular business. This was one week ago. I feel great.

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 6, 2012 2:07 PM

For Osteoporosis: A very simple, painless procedure. Only upon the introduction to my system (which was my first experience) did I experience minor side effects, it's been 4 years now and I love it!

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 5, 2012 9:29 AM

For Osteoporosis: No side effects with my first infusion 2 yrs ago. However, I did get high blood pressure within 6 monthss of receiving infusion. Blood pressure was normal to low prior to infusion.

March 28, 2012 5:08 PM

Review by Shauqat:

For Osteoporosis: Should very careful if suffering from Osteonecrosis of Jaw, and avoid in pregnancy.

January 9, 2012 10:40 AM

Review by riverwitch:

For Prevention of Osteoporosis: After a year on Reclast, my bone scan results are: -3.7 to -2.5 so yay it's working for me!

October 24, 2011 2:50 PM

Review by NealC:

For Osteoporosis: I have had good results with Reclast, for osteoporosis. I've had 3 infusions, in three years. I am scheduled to have my 4th, this May. I have had no fractures during this time. I have had flu-like side-effects, that lasted 1-3 days, each time I've had my infusions. However, if you have them infuse the Reclast slower, over 30 minutes vs. 15 minutes, and you get well hydrated before, and stay hydrated well after, it will help. There is currently a warning letter out in Canada, sent by Novartis, regarding Reclast causing serious Kidney issues, a few leading to kidney failure, dialysis, and even death. Our FDA has not responded to this. Make sure you have your Kidney Doctor's blessing, before you take Reclast. I see mine next week.

99 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 13, 2011 3:50 PM

Review by Cindy D:

For Osteoporosis: Had 2 infusions in 2 years--no improvement.

June 1, 2010 9:33 PM

For Prevention of Osteoporosis: I had good results after one year on Reclast from 3.5 down to 2.3

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 26, 2009 10:24 PM

Review by wilnpat:

For Osteoporosis: I like the convenience of only having to take the once a year infusion. I have had no noticeable side effects.

135 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 19, 2009 1:52 PM

Review by leilaniman hotmail.com:

For Osteoporosis: I was given a 15 minute infusion of Zolendronic Acid for post Menapausel Osteoporosis which I had had since 1984, I was diognosed with Polymyositis and Dermatomyositis and was taking large doses of Prednisilone and Imuran. I started to have stress fractures in ribs and the Vertebrea and lost 5 inches in height. I was given all the Bisophosphates and had many episodes of reflux and had dreadful backpain, I was asked by a British consultant to try Zolendronic Acid which I have found wonderful

206 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 28, 2008 6:26 PM