User Reviews for Reclast

Learn more about Reclast.

Prevention of Osteoporosis 3 reviews 64 medications

Osteoporosis 20 reviews 186 medications

6.2
Hypercalcemia of Malignancy 0 reviews 46 medications Not rated - Be the first
Osteolytic Bone Lesi...Multiple Myeloma 0 reviews 4 medications Not rated - Be the first
Osteolytic Bone Meta... of Solid Tumors 0 reviews 4 medications Not rated - Be the first
Paget's Disease 1 reviews 14 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Reclast reviews 24 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Reclast

For Osteoporosis "My mother died within 30 days of her IV Reclast, a horrible, senseless death. She had no previous fractures, but two weeks after her IV sustained three spontaneous rib fractures while merely standing in her room. She was in pure agony, with pain wracking her entire body. Could no longer walk. The pain in her jaw made it impossible to eat or drink, and her electrolytes could never be stabilized in the hospital. She eventually went into V fib and died within minutes. Cause of death Reclast toxicity."

Elisia June 29, 2015

For Paget's Disease "Paget's disease has plagued my family. My mother was diagnosed when she was 33. She is now 58 and reclast has destroyed her teeth and caused necrosis of her jaw."

Minetti101 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 9, 2015

For Osteoporosis "I have osteoporosis at age 49. I had reclast on March 5, 2015. The side effects that I have experienced have been extreme. About 4 hours after the treatment I felt a crushing sensation from shoulders to hips, difficulty breathing. Movement made it worse. Went to ER, Drs. administered by IV, Benadryl and steroid. I have experienced bone pain throughout my body, at times not able to move without pain. That has past after 2 1/2 weeks. I have extreme tingling, itching, redness in my entire body. Doctor put me on prednisone and hydroxyzine. This has not helped me. I am unable to sleep due the itching. Has anyone else had these side effects? If so then what did you do to take care of it."

Sherrywag66 April 12, 2015

For Osteoporosis "Had my infusion yesterday. I drank a few glasses of water in the morning and took an ibuprofen during the treatment. I had expected the '3 days of flu like symptoms' and even scheduled sick time to be prepared. Zero side-effects, no aches or pains, nothing...but still taking the time off so I can have fun. My stats: 50, 100#, just finished 2-years of Forteo, I take 1200mg Calcium a day plus a RX Vitamin D each month."

FatChihuahua (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2014

For Osteoporosis "I am 52 years old with no other medical problems. After having a Reclast treatment I have had very few side effects. I took 1200mg a day of Calcium Citrate and Vitamin D for about two weeks before my treatment and drank lots of water the day of the treatment before and after my treatment. I was able to go back to work the day after my treatment with no pain."

Anonymous September 29, 2014

For Osteoporosis "2nd infusion 4 yrs apart. First time-hard chills during night Vit D level 40. This time low grade fever x2 days then outbreak of herpes simplex fever blisters of face. Vit D level 61."

J B1 August 11, 2014

For Osteoporosis "I had my infusion on Friday. My doctor gave me Tylenol at that time and said take one twice a day for 3 days. On Sunday I woke up with some leg muscle pain. Took 2 Tylenol and an Aleve Later on in the morning. Felt fine all day and I resumed by gym workouts on Monday. This was a breeze."

Phylimelt (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2014

For Osteoporosis "I had my first Reclast I.V. injection last winter, just prior to the holidays. I had about 5 days of severe flu symptoms and seriously considered not repeating the injection the next year. However my bone scan was so positive and even with several falls I have not broken anything. Prior to the Reclast I had, in 2 years, a fractured hip, wrist and ankle. Surgery on the hip showed a femur like Swiss cheese and the severe fall seriously impacted my life. This year I'm 70 and preparing for my second IV, seeing a dentist to make sure I don't have any serious issues that need to be dealt with. I also quit taking steroid spinal IVs for chronic this year thinking I could deal with the pain and perhaps not have further breaks. I endorse Reclast."

PlantCrone August 27, 2013

For Osteoporosis "The first dose gave me muscle pain and weakness that left me in bed trying not to move in an attempt to minimize the pain. For two days every breath I took was accompanied by significant pain. Because even though I was laying as still as possible, I still needed to breathe I was assured that the pain is milder the second time around. They were right, the pain did not outweigh my will to move. Which was fortunate because I had nausea and vomiting the next day. My doctor was able to prescribe anti nausea meds, which helped significantly. I suggest anyone who takes this have someone who can help them out the next few days. Just in case."

Willer August 10, 2013

For Osteoporosis "Had first injection two days ago. Have had mild flu like symptoms took ibuprofen and so far it has helped. Weird pains here and there but they come and go and are tolerable."

jonnie12345 March 4, 2013

For Osteoporosis "Terrible side effects, had bone pain for 2 wks."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 22, 2012

For Osteoporosis "No problem whatsoever and Bone Density Test has shown some improvement..so will continue."

Anonymous August 10, 2012

For Osteoporosis "I became very ill. Two days after injection, I ran a fever. A few days after that, I had vomiting and diarrhea and was exhausted. I also had joint pain."

Reclastmarge (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2012

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Prevention of Osteoporosis "I used Reclast for two years, and each year experienced sudden severe hair loss about 4 1/2 to 5 months after injection. My dermatologist and oncologist concluded Reclast was responsible."

newcalann (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 12, 2012

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "I have read many bad reviews on this treatment, so let me tell you my positive one. I am early 60s, very active, slightly built and failed my bone density scan. Did my research (very important) and found a fabulous young female rheumatologist. After viewing all of my prior dexa scans we tried one Fosamax (I had been on Evista for four years prior due to healed multiple ulcers). The Fosamax reaction was very bad but the gastric distress eased up finally. We decided on the Reclast infusion. The injection was pleasant, the people great. I went to work. Had a headache for three days, took medicines for the headache but carried on my regular business. This was one week ago. I feel great."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2012

107 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "A very simple, painless procedure. Only upon the introduction to my system (which was my first experience) did I experience minor side effects, it's been 4 years now and I love it!"

Anonymous April 5, 2012

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "No side effects with my first infusion 2 yrs ago. However, I did get high blood pressure within 6 monthss of receiving infusion. Blood pressure was normal to low prior to infusion."

Anonymous March 28, 2012

For Osteoporosis "Should very careful if suffering from Osteonecrosis of Jaw, and avoid in pregnancy."

Shauqat January 9, 2012

For Prevention of Osteoporosis "After a year on Reclast, my bone scan results are: -3.7 to -2.5 so yay it's working for me!"

riverwitch October 24, 2011

For Osteoporosis "I have had good results with Reclast, for osteoporosis. I've had 3 infusions, in three years. I am scheduled to have my 4th, this May. I have had no fractures during this time. I have had flu-like side-effects, that lasted 1-3 days, each time I've had my infusions. However, if you have them infuse the Reclast slower, over 30 minutes vs. 15 minutes, and you get well hydrated before, and stay hydrated well after, it will help. There is currently a warning letter out in Canada, sent by Novartis, regarding Reclast causing serious Kidney issues, a few leading to kidney failure, dialysis, and even death. Our FDA has not responded to this. Make sure you have your Kidney Doctor's blessing, before you take Reclast. I see mine next week."

NealC April 13, 2011

115 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "Had 2 infusions in 2 years--no improvement."

Cindy D June 1, 2010

For Prevention of Osteoporosis "I had good results after one year on Reclast from 3.5 down to 2.3"

Anonymous August 26, 2009

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "I like the convenience of only having to take the once a year infusion. I have had no noticeable side effects."

wilnpat January 19, 2009

146 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "I was given a 15 minute infusion of Zolendronic Acid for post Menapausel Osteoporosis which I had had since 1984, I was diognosed with Polymyositis and Dermatomyositis and was taking large doses of Prednisilone and Imuran. I started to have stress fractures in ribs and the Vertebrea and lost 5 inches in height. I was given all the Bisophosphates and had many episodes of reflux and had dreadful backpain, I was asked by a British consultant to try Zolendronic Acid which I have found wonderful"

leilaniman hotmail.com March 28, 2008

221 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate