User Reviews for Zaleplon

Also known as: Sonata

Learn more about Zaleplon.

Insomnia 47 reviews 110 medications

6.3
Summary of Zaleplon reviews 47 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Zaleplon

For Insomnia: "Lil groggy , but didnt sleep well,"

Barbiegirl/ Barbieworld (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2016

For Insomnia: "It is for the person who cannot turn off their racing thoughts at night long enough to fall asleep or the person once asleep stays asleep. You need to take it on an empty stomach or at least after merely a light non fatty meal for dinner. If you eat mcdonalds the night of or something like that forget about it, you can take five of them and still not fall asleep. So if prescribed it and falling asleep is your main issue or you use it only when you need sleep for a big event next day eat light that evening or just eat big lunch then take on empty or near empty stomach. Only has about a two hour life and zero half life so take your butt to bed once it kicks in"

thomas98 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 14, 2016

For Insomnia: "I was first prescribed it in a psych ward as a PRN. I take a cocktail of sedative drugs through the day and at night including: 90mg Phenobarbital, 15mg Zyprexa, 2mg Klonopin, and 200mg Vimpat all at night. I still have had major trouble sleeping. I got put on 10mg Sonata and the first night it didn't work. The second night I laid down and tried to sleep on my own, after about two hours of no sleep I took the sonata and within 15 minutes I was asleep and slept all through the night till I was woke up for breakfast at 8:00 am, oh and I laid down at 9:00 pm and took the sonata at about 11:00 pm. It works wonderfully for me but I think it has its own effects to each individual user and the meds they are on too. I love it"

jadedjus (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2016

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: "These drugs are not needed in anyone's life .. Eat right ..exercise daily ...and get in a routine of doing something productive during ur day.."

Bommkkkksjdnd March 26, 2016

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: "This is by far the worst pill prescribed for sleep! !! I felt anxious irritable. ..heart was racing headache and my blood pressure increased along with abdominal discomfort and muscle pain. And if I I do fall asleep it's for an hour or so and I'm up for another hour and find it very hard to fall back to sleep . Never again !! this pill is not for me!!!"

Very disappointing (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2016

For Insomnia: "What a waste of a drug. Took this and it did nothing for me. Barely relaxed me. Maybe for some reason I got a defective pill. Only took one night, don't think I will be trying it again."

sleepy116 January 29, 2016

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: "Similar to Ambien but not as effective. I also experience RLS when taking Zaleplon Mg."

MichiH (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 20, 2016

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: "Sonata is useless. Even when the dose is bumped up to 20 mgs. Skip this one and just go for the Ambien."

Sleeplessinthecommonwealth December 9, 2015

For Insomnia: "I was prescribed this drug for insomnia. I never felt it kick in, so as an experiment I stayed up waiting to feel it. I never did. When I took it before bed I found waking and functioning the next morning rougher than the time I hadn't been on the medication. I stopped this medication because I felt worse taking it."

an_ordinary_chap (taken for less than 1 month) November 18, 2015

For Insomnia: "This stuff does NOTHING for me whatsoever. Even after tripling the prescribed dose of 5 mg, I lie in bed staring at the ceiling, hour after hour. I wouldn't even rate it as a "one" except that I see no category for "zero." Useless."

TobiD November 14, 2015

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: "This knocked me out all day and didn't even help me sleep at night."

BatMegan (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 21, 2015

For Insomnia: "I've only ever had problems falling asleep, zaleplon really helps my mind stop think about work and other nonsense. I've used zaleplon only when I needed to get to sleep because something was going on the next day and I would begin to worry about not being able to sleep, and it really does help with this. It also helps with jet-lag. Other times, I would just drink a lot. I've recently cut WAY back on the amount of alcohol and am relying much more on zaleplon. As my body is adjusting to less alcohol, I'm sleeping better without it. I used to wake up as soon as the zonleplon wore off, 4 hours on the dot. Now that I'm drinking so much less, I'm getting 6 to 7 hours sleep before waking, and then I'm able to go back to sleep a get a total of 8+."

V SF (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 10, 2015

For Insomnia: "After being a great sleeper I found myself looking up at the ceiling for several hours. I do not like taking medication. I got prescribed zaleplon as it is mild. Whenever I am overtired or stressed I take 1 or 2. It works perfectly and no side affects. I am 80 young."

Tiques February 2, 2015

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: "My doctor recently informed me that I should only take Sonata when I wake up in the middle of the night. Just need to have a glass of water near my bed. I tried that last night and it did give me a few extra hours of sleep. When I was taking it before bed I generally would get up in the middle of the night anyway and feel groggy the next day. "

epublius (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 23, 2014

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: "Taking Sonata was like taking a placebo. No matter when I took it - 5 minutes before bedtime, 1 hour, 2 hours, I would lie awake for hours! I even tried doubling up with no change. Once I did fall asleep I would wake up 2 hours later, then 2 hours after that - never getting a restful nights sleep."

1Anonymous July 23, 2014

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: "I love Sonata, for the first time I can sleep. However, I think it works best if you wind yourself down and relax a bit first. Otherwise, I would find myself feeling the effects of the medication and still active and now impaired. So I learned early in once I stop what I am doing and just relax, watch T.V, read a book etc. Right to sleep and I stayed there. Not groggy at all the next day."

GlamGalTN (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 10, 2014

For Insomnia: "I absolutely had to share that after taking this medicine, I too cut my hair in the night. I'm over forty years old. Not being aware I had cut my hair, I woke up and when I hopped out of bed that morning, both feet landed in a pile of hair. While funny, this is not good at all. I understand this is the same class of drug that is used for sedation during surgery. Look up the risks involved to memory and comprehension. Long term, permanent side effects. I admit, this medication put me to sleep, but never through the entire night. Oh, yeah and then there was the time I woke up with a chocolate candy bar melted to the side of my face. Again, funny but I was really angry to have wasted a candy bar. Ok ok, yeah I ate the candy bar. Come on, I had to."

Bluewatersgal (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 2, 2014

For Insomnia: "I have chronic back pain that I take a pain medicine for. (Nucynta- and it's great!). I still had a problem with falling asleep so my pain doctor suggested I try this. It has changed my life. It is so amazing how it works. You really don't know it's working until you lie down and try to go to sleep. This pill doesn't give you the normal feelings of getting sleepy like the others. This is working your brain to shut down in such a cool way you hardly know it unless you stay up waiting for that feeling. I think if I didn't have the back pain I would probably sleep straight through the night but my pain meds run out after 5hrs so I have to take one again for that. No probs going back to sleep. I get a lot of memory loss on the night before though. May have bin the "

SleepingBeauty007 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2014

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: "Trouble falling asleep and staying asleep"

GypsyJoey April 16, 2014

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: "After years of not being able to fall asleep or stay asleep and after trying Lunesta and Ambien I was tired. Sonata works great for me and I don't wake up groggy or hung over. I feel great for the first time in my life. I have fibromyalgia/chronic fatigue syndrome and it is essential to get sleep. I feel refreshed and ready to go in the mornings.....love it. Thankful my doctor said to give it a try. Hope this helps."

freckleseckles (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 15, 2014

For Insomnia: "I don't usually need it to fall asleep, but I find I wake more refreshed. I was diagnosed with mild sleep apnea and CPAP did not improve my sleep. I have been experimenting with taking it or not, and I am fairly convinced it makes a positive difference. But, it is only approved for short term use, so I would like to know about experience with regular use."

drdbuck December 15, 2013

For Insomnia: "I currently take 10mg and turns out i cant sleep on it. So tonight i took 20mg and feel like i am slightly tripping balls man. i still cant fall asleep so i might as well go talk to the clothes in my closet."

Schloooom (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2013

For Insomnia: "I started taking zaleplon after finding that my previous sleeping pill (trazodone) made me sleepy well into the next day. Zaleplon has a much shorter half life than trazodone and it helps with falling asleep. The way my doctor described it was that it would ease my mind so I could fall asleep versus making me just drowsy. The first few weeks I fell asleep instantly. However, after being on zaleplon for awhile, I noticed that in the morning I had taken more pills (2 or 3) without remembering I had. I live alone, so I know I was the only one that could have taken them. I also did dishes and took trash out in my sleep. I now take a lower dose and haven't had the same issues since. Great sleeping pill but make sure you start on a low dose."

KaraDB July 13, 2013

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: "I don't have trouble falling asleep, but if I happen to wake up between the hours of 2:00 am and 4:00 am, for some reason I have a hard time falling back asleep. I give myself about 10 minutes, and if I am still awake I take one capsule. Seems like it works within 15 minutes and there is ZERO morning grogginess. It is a short acting medication so it really isn't designed to be taken right when you go to bed. Sometimes I will take a Sonata and then check my email while waiting for it to work----big mistake, as I write some very loopy, misspelled things which I have only the vaguest memory of doing. "

Moorestown Lady July 8, 2013

For Insomnia: "I used to take Zaleplon Sonata to help regulate sleep disturbances related to Bipolar Disorder. I took it 38 times over the course of 78 days and it was excellent in helping me fall asleep. The 39th time I took it, I experienced very frightening hallucinations and severe anxiety. The experience was made worse because I was concerned about maniac symptoms. I called my psychiatrist and he said to immediately stop taking it. "

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2013