Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Vortioxetine

Also known as: Brintellix

Learn more about Vortioxetine.

Vortioxetine review summary

6.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 137 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Vortioxetine to treat Depression

Review by SLB2:

Brintellix (vortioxetine): I have taken 5mg for two months. Although I am feeling better I have developed a shrill ringing in my ears. Is anyone else experiencing this?

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 17, 2015 9:47 PM

Review by midLifepanic (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Brintellix (vortioxetine): This medicine saved me! I have always been a very happy and successful person. Depression and anxiety were not a part of my life until I hit 43. So I went to doctors and they had me try a few other meds, Zoloft, etc.. I didn't see any positive affect from them, just the the problems....lack of sleep, night sweats, sexual problems, etc. Things were getting worse. Then, my doctor put me on this medication and everything changed. First I started getting headaches for a few days. That went away by the end of the first week. I started on 5mg and then went to 10mg after a week. By the end of week two, my panic attacks were GONE! I still "think" about my problems, but don't obsesses about them. This is a GOOD medicine!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 16, 2015 5:41 PM

Review by Mike3 (taken for less than 1 month):

Brintellix (vortioxetine): I like it, I am finally able to remember times before I started feeling depressed, also I am able to connect my emotions/feelings to those memories which is great. All other ssris/snris I have taken only clouded my head and sort of numbness was always present.

April 12, 2015 1:56 PM

Review by CaliGirl100 (taken for less than 1 month):

Brintellix (vortioxetine): Was on 5mg for 2 weeks and now 10mg for a week. Not noticing anything really. No side effects which is great, but not feeling like I was hoping either, still lack of motivation for everything. I know I need to give it more time, will continue...

April 7, 2015 12:16 PM

Review by deviation24 (taken for less than 1 month):

Brintellix (vortioxetine): I only took this medication for a few days, my heart started hurting...I ended up in emergency room my blood pressure had sky rocket and my heart rate was throught the roof. Laying down my heart rate is steady but the moment I stand it jumps to over 150bpm...this never happened until I took this medication. I have been on bed rest for over a week now and so far it doesn't seem to be getting any better.

April 3, 2015 9:47 AM

Review by Gibs:

Brintellix (vortioxetine): At 52 years old I have always experienced depression. I am now weaning off of Effexor along with 10 mg of Brintellix. I had a bit of itching and gas but no other side effects. I am really excited to see where this medicine takes me but have only been on it for 10 days. So far, loving it and finally feel like me.

April 1, 2015 8:21 AM

Review by CaliGirl100:

Brintellix (vortioxetine): So far it's been 8 days taking 5mg, I'm supposed to go up to 10mg next week. It takes me longer to get to sleep but once I fall asleep, I stay asleep. No other side effects at all, however I have these break through moments where I feel happiness for like 5 seconds, like a positive thought instead of a negative thought which is usually the norm. I think my brain is trying to adjust so I'm not sure what the full effects will be but it's giving me some hope it'll work.

March 24, 2015 4:55 PM

Review by 46f (taken for less than 1 month):

Brintellix (vortioxetine): Taking 10mg for almost a month. Feeling good. Was on Prozac 60mg after 10+ years. I do not see much mention of sexual side effects mentioned. But I notice what seems to be on this med. Did not have any problem on the Prozac.

March 23, 2015 9:51 PM

Review by David Olineck:

Brintellix (vortioxetine): I have been using this medication for over a month. I find the side effect of nausea to be very minimal and was gone it about 10 days. My mood is positive and stable. However, I find my focus and concentration to be markedly improved. This medication does what it claims to do. Much better than the others and lower side effects.

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 15, 2015 1:57 PM

Review by muse malade (taken for less than 1 month):

Brintellix (vortioxetine): Cymbalta worked for me for years and then, all of a sudden, just stopped working. This is day 8 of Brintellix. Suicidal ideation went down significantly but side effects are awful. I'm hungry all the time and thinking about food the minute I finish eating. Also, I haven't read this as a side effect before, but I believe I'm having some sort of allergic reaction as my limbs won't stop itching. I even took Benadryl for a couple of nights but without much relief. Is anyone else experiencing a similar side effect.

March 15, 2015 12:12 AM

Review by daftv4der (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Brintellix (vortioxetine): I didn't really notice any improvements, my mood was just as inconsistent and my anxiety just as prevalent, and I experienced many of the symptoms (notably the inability to sleep, and sometimes very strong nausea for an hour or two after taking the tablet, among others). I tried it twice but both times it had the same effect.

March 1, 2015 11:57 PM

Review by Swan2000 (taken for less than 1 month):

Brintellix (vortioxetine): I have been on Zoloft, Cymbalta, Effexor and they all stopped working at one point. My Dr then prescribed Brintellix. The only thing this medicine did for me was kept me hungry. I could be eating a meal and started to think about my next meal. I had a bad case of dry mouth, my eye sight started to deteriorate and I gained 12 pds in 5 months. I am now off Brintellix and on a different medicine.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 24, 2015 4:07 PM

Review by LoraSue:

Brintellix (vortioxetine): I am on 5mg and sensitive to these types of meds. The first week was bad with horrible nausea (even vomiting) and I was more irritable, but now on day 9, the nausea is gone and I haven't felt as moody, I am more relaxed. I should wait another week just to see how things might change. Otherwise, worth a try.

February 24, 2015 12:36 AM

Review by Kellewis:

Brintellix (vortioxetine): I started taking 10mg .. and have been on it for 3 months.. Other than the being sick to my stomach..was the only side effect I had. I then started taking it at night so that I could sleep through it and it worked.. The crying and no motivation, isolating myself.. and just letting the world go by, fits of anger and yelling stopped..( my son was happy with that),,, Sadly I lost my insurance and cannot afford to pay the 300 plus a month for this medicine. And have been off it for 2 weeks now.. I am right back at square one.. With crying, and all that goes along with it... Some days I feel like I just want to give up.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 21, 2015 4:07 PM

Review by morezwif (taken for less than 1 month):

Brintellix (vortioxetine): I've been on Brintellix for about a week. I didn't notice anything until yesterday when realized I felt happier, not manic... just normal happy. Less anxious and more sociable. I'm worried about the side effects, don't want it to backfire on me like Ability and Lamictal did. Constipated but that is normal for me.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 19, 2015 8:17 PM

Review by An Average New Yorker:

Brintellix (vortioxetine): I took 1/2 of a 5MG tablet - 2.5 MG of this sent me into the abyss. I was suicidal for most of the day just barely holding on. The only thing keeping me from calling family for help was knowing it was the medication and not really me. I just had to wait for it to leave my system.

February 12, 2015 7:38 PM

Review by LadyPeony:

Brintellix (vortioxetine): I have been taking Brintellix for 4 days, at night, with food, and I am having absolutely no side effects. I feel a little little bit lighter/brighter, even though I know these meds usually take a while to kick in. So far so good.

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 8, 2015 10:56 PM

Review by MissOtter:

Brintellix (vortioxetine): I've only been on Brintellix for 3 weeks and I am about to reach my "therapeutic dose" of 20mg as prescribed by my psychiatrist (started at 5mg and have been going up 5mg each week). I've experienced zero nausea which seems to be the biggest complaint people have. I was warned to take the pill with a full breakfast though so maybe that has helped? I've also not had a decrease in sexual desire nor ability to perform which is awesome. By the second day I felt almost intensely cheery and had great urges to do artistic activities. The only side effect I seem to have had is very vivid dreams. No nightmares though. Just high-def dreams about walking my dog or shopping.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 7, 2015 2:57 PM

Review by jame b. (taken for less than 1 month):

Brintellix (vortioxetine): I have been on Brintellix for about 3 weeks now. So far I've noticed increased energy, weight loss, nausea, headaches, loss of sleep, nightmares, and some aggression. I have finally found 1 that works and I'm having all these side effects. I started out on the 10mg and still currently taking the 10mg. Maybe I need to be on a lower dose. I also take Ambien 10mg for sleep.

97 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 8, 2015 9:23 AM

Review by Drum Weezer:

Brintellix (vortioxetine): I'm still in the process of acclimating to Brintellix while weaning off of Paxil. However, I must say that my anxiety and depression seems to be much better, and my hunger (caused by Paxil) has reduced. One of the major side effects of Brintellix is nausea. So, instead of starting on a 5 mg dosage. I cut the 5 mg in half and took that for three days since I am very sensitive to medications. Today is my first day on the 5 mg dosage and have not experienced any nausea. The only side effects that I have felt so far is a bit of heartburn/indigestion, mild sleepiness, and mild dizziness, which certainly hasn't kept me from doing my day-to-day routine. People should at least give this medicine a chance.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 2, 2015 6:55 PM

Review by stoppedhopelessness. (taken for less than 1 month):

Brintellix (vortioxetine): Day 4. I have already noticed changes. Pros: - no desire to cry - clear headed thought process - no mood swings/feel balanced(have not had any mood swings since day 2. I usually had them like 4x within an hr) - no angry outbursts or negative/hurtful comments towards people - decrease in paranoia - no longer feeling personally attacked by others Cons: - trouble sleeping - teensy bit jittery - itchy(not much) - definitely nauseous - trouble passing stool but not constipated - slight lightheadedness/ dizziness This is only day4 going on 5 so i am thinking my brain&body need time to adjust &balance out. So far i feel mentally, so much better. In control,i would say. Only odd thing i noticed was random laughing. But hey I'm not complaining!

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 29, 2014 6:10 AM

Review by j bro:

Brintellix (vortioxetine): It worked for about a month. 10 mg, then seemed all of a sudden stopped working.

December 16, 2014 8:28 PM

Review by Aprilk83:

Brintellix (vortioxetine): I've been taking 10mg for 4 days now (today will be day 5) and I'm wondering if I can make it a full week like my doctor wants me to. The side effects have been horrible for me. I've been walking around like a nauseous zombie since day 1. Then there's the dizziness and headache that goes along with it. The only benefit I've experienced so far is weight loss, but that's not at all why I started taking this medication. Instead of the anxiety and depression I would normally feel, I feel no emotions.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 16, 2014 7:05 PM

Review by Rozziemarie:

Brintellix (vortioxetine): Had headaches, constipation, high blood pressure, and night terrors, dizziness.

December 12, 2014 9:51 AM

Review by Tammy L (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Brintellix (vortioxetine): I have had great results from this medication for my depression and also my anxiety. I did not experience the "dumbing" down that I have felt with other antidepressants. My focus is good and I've not had memory problems. One side effect I've noticed is lack of motivation / procrastination. It may sound odd but being a full time college student, I've never put things off till the last minute like I have been doing since starting this medicine. Other side effects I've had are gas and bloating, diarrhea, nausea. These have lessened over the past 8 weeks. All in all I'm very pleased with the results. Insurance: I'm not sure how much our co-pay will be for this, as I've been using samples given to me by my physician.

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 23, 2014 10:51 AM