User Reviews for Vilazodone

Also known as: Viibryd

Learn more about Vilazodone.

Depression 378 reviews 79 medications

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder 3 reviews 13 medications

2.5
Summary of Vilazodone reviews 471 reviews 5.6

Reviews for Vilazodone

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I take Viibrryd for generalized anxiety disorder. I don't have side effects. It works well for me. I HAD TO WRITE AN APPEAL TO MY INSURANCE TO GET THEM TO PAY."

Jodi Girl May 24, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "I have been on 10mg of viibryd for about a month. I have a low drug tolerance and I couldn't get past the side effects of the other drugs I've tried. Viibryd had very minimal side effects that are now gone (vivid dreams and brain zaps). My anxiety has significantly lessened and I'm out of that depression fog. What a relief to be out of that negative state and constant worry! It just goes to show that differnt drugs work differently for everyone. Viibryd isn't well reviewed, but the ones that are highly scored didn't work for me at all. Don't give up or be afraid to find your perfect fit."

APski (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I would like my LEXAPRO over this medication any day now please!"

Ewa Beach Girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Viibryd has changed my life I was so lost I had actually forgotten how it felt to smile and laugh . My only issue is due several injuries I have suffered and the cost of my doctor visits and other medications that I am taking it has been quite a financial hardship I wish this medication was lower priced ."

Kprather09 April 23, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "My doctor weaned me off of Fetzima and onto this drug from hell. The loose bowels are very annoying (I had two feet of my colon removed 8 years ago so perhaps I am super-sensitive. I'll start taking Pepto Bismol or something, .see if that helps. I .have every side effect. I am mean, nasty, aggressive: you name it, I have it. The good side is I am sleeping much better than I have for 50 years, and I have a bit of energy which I love. But my depression is hideous. Because I have had some improvement, the doctor says stay the course; I'll feel better in three more weeks. We shall see"

brendogs (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "This drug probably kept me from killing myself, but missing a dose once after using it for almost two years and I was diagnosed with withdrawal. It hurt. Bad. Worse was getting was even my Psychiatrist called "brain zaps". They started out very infrequent and weak, but as time went on it was torture. They were around the clock and even woke me up every night several times each night. I almost want to leave my email if the drug company wanted to talk to me about it, but can only imagine the emails I would get from everywhere. Best wishes to all."

Paducah KY (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 20, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "It didn't work for me. At all. I had severe nausea for weeks, could barely attend meetings at work."

BRUSA April 7, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Started 20mg about 6 months ago with another AD, seems to take the edge off my depression better than anything else I've tried. I've been through the gauntlet was in 3 different hospitals and on a handful of different meds. I tried ECT twice and I think that made me worse...was approved for TMS (transcranial magnetic stimulation) did 45 treatments and still don't feel like my old self. I'm now on 40mg viibryd and 100mg pristiq and am relatively stable. I have to use the bathroom at least 5+ times a day the diarrhea side effect just won't go away. My doc doesn't want to try new meds anymore so I'm stuck on my current regimen till I find a new doc. I'd recommend Viibryd if you can deal with the side effects."

Nicstocks (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 31, 2016

For Anxiety: "I was given Viibryd for generalized anxiety disorder. It sure delivered....but at a cost. The first couple of weeks that I was on this drug I had vivid dreams. Some scary. When I forgot to take my pill one morning, I felt very foggy all day at work, and then my face got super itchy. I read that I shouldn't take it when I got home, but to wait until the next day, and take it the next morning, as usual. BAD IDEA!! I had horrible brain zaps! Like someone put a live wire on my head. When I finally fell asleep, I had the worst dream ever. This dream woke me up and I was terrified. I took the pill at midnight, ASAP, and it helped. Within an hour I was asleep. Not an experience I would ever want to go through again!!! So, I was on this drug for a few years, and while it really helped my social anxiety. Never got a nervous stomach ache while on this pill - and I even started with a direct sales business and was actually teaching small classes at people's homes. (That was unheard of for me! I was the shyest kid in class back in my childhood days). I was feeling super confident, but started having gastric issues and gained 30 lbs. I have always been very thin, so 30 lbs made me feel horrible about myself. The drug inflamed my stomach and made me a sugar fiend. Basically, I felt like a heroin addict - but with sugar/carbs. I hated myself because I couldn't stop eating dessert! The sugar made my depression worse, and super fatigued. I didn't realize that any of this was caused by the drug, so I saw numerous doctors, had ultrasounds, GIs, colonoscopies, etc., and spent a ton of $$ on those doctor/lab bills. I prayed and prayed, and saw that others had some similar reactions. I weaned off the pill, and lost 21 lbs so far. I feel pretty normal. But I am still taking Bupropion for depression. STAY AWAY FROM THIS DRUG!!!!"

Karekorn (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 28, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "I've been on this drug for 2 days and am already discontinuing use. I got the starter pack and have taken 10mgs each morning for 2 days. It makes me so dizzy and tingly that I can't even move. Very nauseous and drowsy, but I can't sleep because everything is spinning. Not for me."

Jess0177 March 26, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "I've been on Viibryd for a year now. It's completely changed my life. When I went to the doctor I knew it was time to get help. I still have a bad day now and then but who doesn't. No more crying, staying in bed for days and hating life. I know medication works differently for everyone but this is what worked for me. No matter what don't give up get help!"

3boys1mom March 20, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "My dr. had me on Wellbrutrin for several years without much improvement and I gained a ton of weight. She changed me to Viibryd about three years ago. It helps with most of my depression. It takes the edge off, except when my depression is really high. I have no noticed many side effects. I do not feel like a zombi while taking Viibryd. My dr sometimes tries to change my meds but we always go back to Viibryd. Still have suicidal thoughts but not as much and I can handle them for the most part. I have not gained weight with Viibryd. I hope to stay on Viibryd, unless my condition becomes worse. I am at the top mg (40 mg)."

Spike's Mom (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 17, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "I have been unable to take antidepressants due their side effects. I had pretty much given up trying to feel "normal". I saw a new Dr. And she gave me viibryd samples. I have little to no side effects except for occasional diarrhea. For the first time in a really long time, I feel good. I don't feel like a zombie, and I am able to get up and live. I do take the medication earlier in the day because it can cause me to keep me awake. 3pm seems to work out well. I haven't gained weight on it, but I tend to bloat more if I eat poorly. I just wish I didn't have to go broke to function well."

Anon1098653 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 27, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Suicidal early 20s-previous control found with counseling, Zoloft, Effexor, no other drugs giving much or lengthy control of disease. About 2 yrs ago began Viibryd-quickly brought up to 40 mg dose. Still have dry mouth and some diarrhea (so bad at first it actually turned into IBS for me) and continue with daily headaches and queasiness, though no weight gain as others reported. Last 5-6 months have noticed sharp increase in sudden unexpected crying with no ability to stop, and now more aggressive feelings and an increase in suicidal ideation which I have not had for many years. Very surprising and frightening after all this time (40 years since diagnosis). Will wean off this drug soon when/if I can find a Dr to address these issues"

VonnieB (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 22, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I began taking Viibryd at the suggestion of my doc to use in addition to bupropion. After having been prescribed different antidepressants, the one drug that seemed to work to mostly maintain my mood was Wellbutrin. Though it worked well, from time to time crippling depressive episodes would bleed through. I have been taking 10 mg Viibryd with 150 mg bupropion per day and that works very well for me. I haven't had a single episode that I couldn't deal with even having gone through a death in my family and financial upheaval."

lulama February 18, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I was prescribed this after a nervous breakdown while an inpatient at the hospital. I have zero side effects, well perhaps I'm a bit more "flighty". It does not numb me like other meds have done in the past. I feel like I'm living my life again and enjoying my loved ones. I'm on 20 mg I hope the doctor will increase to 30 because I feel near the finish line but not 100% there yet."

Kell4730 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2016

For Anxiety: "I am a man and I started Viibryd primarily to reduce the sexual side effects of other SSRI's. I have tried many different SSRI's over the years for generalized anxiety and until now Zoloft was the best choice for me. I tend to be sensitive to medications and am usually affected by side effects, but at the same time I usually respond well to lower dosages. I personally had severe side effects including vertigo, and watery diarrhea. All the side effects passed after a couple of weeks and increasing the dosage had little effect on me. Currently on 20mg and staying there. My libido has improved significantly and I am very happy with the results. Side effects were brutal, but worth working through them!"

dlatullip February 11, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have been taking Viibryd for three weeks now. I started on 10mg with food and instantly had severe diarrhea, dizziness, and just felt a little mentally absent. I went to bed that day, already feeling mental relief from lifelong MDD. My doctor had me reduce to 5mg for two weeks, which I did, and taking the pill with food and reducing the dosage helped tremendously. I am up to 10mg now and I feel absolutely amazing. The happiness that was mine as a child has returned. I am so glad to find this medication. I thought I was managing well enough with natural therapies and meds, but hit rock bottom this season with no unusually difficult things happening in my life. Science can be the miracle."

EllieAtkins February 9, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "This medication is nearly killing me. Everyday I feel like the ground is moving or I'll have that "drop" feeling like I'm on a roll at coaster. I later learned that vertigo was settling into my long list of problems I have wrong with me. So I started taking 10 mg for awhile until I got up to 20mg. Nothing was changing if anything vertigo got worse. Even through the night. I would try to lay down and sleep but would be suddenly jolted awake by a shocking feeling coming through my chest to my brain. This was easily subdued by Xanax (.5mg). Then my psychiatrist wanted to up my dosage. This is ultimately my down fall. I would start to shake and tremor and the vertigo gets worse. My head was pounding and my nose started bleeding. Now idk what to do."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "Started taking Viibryd at the recommendation of my doctor to replace the sertraline and buspirone I had been on before. First couple days on 10mg gave me nausea and dizziness, followed by a few days of incredible manic energy. I was getting things done at work like a maniac but when I got home I would be weak and dizzy and very sore. Woke up a week after starting with crushing anxiety, depression, dizziness, and nausea so bad I had to call into work, I couldn't hardly stand let alone drive myself. I was supposed to start the 20mg that day so I did hoping it would help but it just made the symptoms worse. I know side effects can be weird but I've never had to miss work because of them before."

Too many side effects (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I have been on vybrid a week and a half. I have had a horrible experience with all side effects. It's making me sleep 14 hours with nightmares the whole time. In the starting dose of 10 mg. It helped for only two days. By the fifth day I increased to 20 mg a day and things are not getting better. I"m still anxious around people. I get depression still. And all it did was make my literally SICK. I stopped it today as I cannot take the side effects. Seems pointless to keep taking something that is just making me feel sick and not myself. I called my doc. Am waiting on a call back. I am going to try Zoloft again. It has helped a few times in the past and a few times it didn't help. But I'm at the point I just cannot deal with vibrid anymore."

lKIMMIE13741956161626373 January 29, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "Since I started taking Viibryd I have been happy and have had energy to do things again. My Dr gave me some samples of the starter box that started out at 10 MG for the first week. Then increased to 20 MG on the second week. I've been on 20 mgs for two months and I feel better than I've felt in years. Before I started taking it I always felt down and out and always wanted to lay around on the couch. The only thing that I have bad to say about it is that on the first 4 or five days my stomach stayed upset and I felt very nauseated. But after about 5 days it passed and I started feeling great! If I could recommend this to everyone that is feeling depressed I would! It is a wonder drug to me!"

Once sad but now HAPPY January 26, 2016

For Anxiety: "Started this in May 2015 and side effects were life threatening. F, 5'6" and 117lbs. I take 75 mg adderall a day. I started to have severe anxiety attacks and the doctor gave me 2 packs of viibryd samples from the medicine room and put me on this devil drug. Background I have Addison's Disease which is pretty much just your body becoming drama queen and fight or fight responses are skewed and amplified. Normal BP WAS 80/40; 2 weeks in pulse was 150 BP 200/150. Diarrhea all day all night!!I developed Serotonin Dyndrome from my regular meds and this. I was in cardiac arrest and almost didn't come out. BP STILL HIGH normal is 145/100 now and it's caused so much more with anxiety so it sucks"

Jmj1100 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "Was on antidepressants/ADHD meds for about 10 years. GAD, mild depression, OCD and ADHD. I stopped taking all meds and been off for a couple years. I have always had some GAD and poor focus. With work and school my stress level went up, then the obsessive thoughts/GAD went up and mood went down. I didn't like other antidepressants due to insomnia and that numb/disconnected human feeling you get with them. I have been on Viibryd 10mg for one week and I was pleasantly surprised at not feeling the numb feeling. I do have mild gastrointestinal symptoms of bloating and gas. Stools a little loose but not diarrhea. I feel great in respect to mood and obsessive worry is way down. Will try 20mg, won't go past 20mg after reading reviews."

Tryin Viibryd (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Serious dizziness and vibrations throughout my whole body after 4 days on this medication. Will this stop?"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 2, 2016