User Reviews for Vilazodone

Also known as: Viibryd

Learn more about Vilazodone.

Anxiety 21 reviews 63 medications

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder 3 reviews 13 medications

2.5
Summary of Vilazodone reviews 452 reviews 5.7

Reviews for Vilazodone

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "This medication is nearly killing me. Everyday I feel like the ground is moving or I'll have that "drop" feeling like I'm on a roll at coaster. I later learned that vertigo was settling into my long list of problems I have wrong with me. So I started taking 10 mg for awhile until I got up to 20mg. Nothing was changing if anything vertigo got worse. Even through the night. I would try to lay down and sleep but would be suddenly jolted awake by a shocking feeling coming through my chest to my brain. This was easily subdued by Xanax (.5mg). Then my psychiatrist wanted to up my dosage. This is ultimately my down fall. I would start to shake and tremor and the vertigo gets worse. My head was pounding and my nose started bleeding. Now idk what to do."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "Started taking Viibryd at the recommendation of my doctor to replace the sertraline and buspirone I had been on before. First couple days on 10mg gave me nausea and dizziness, followed by a few days of incredible manic energy. I was getting things done at work like a maniac but when I got home I would be weak and dizzy and very sore. Woke up a week after starting with crushing anxiety, depression, dizziness, and nausea so bad I had to call into work, I couldn't hardly stand let alone drive myself. I was supposed to start the 20mg that day so I did hoping it would help but it just made the symptoms worse. I know side effects can be weird but I've never had to miss work because of them before."

Too many side effects (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I have been on vybrid a week and a half. I have had a horrible experience with all side effects. It's making me sleep 14 hours with nightmares the whole time. In the starting dose of 10 mg. It helped for only two days. By the fifth day I increased to 20 mg a day and things are not getting better. I"m still anxious around people. I get depression still. And all it did was make my literally SICK. I stopped it today as I cannot take the side effects. Seems pointless to keep taking something that is just making me feel sick and not myself. I called my doc. Am waiting on a call back. I am going to try Zoloft again. It has helped a few times in the past and a few times it didn't help. But I'm at the point I just cannot deal with vibrid anymore."

lKIMMIE13741956161626373 January 29, 2016

For Anxiety: "Started this in May 2015 and side effects were life threatening. F, 5'6" and 117lbs. I take 75 mg adderall a day. I started to have severe anxiety attacks and the doctor gave me 2 packs of viibryd samples from the medicine room and put me on this devil drug. Background I have Addison's Disease which is pretty much just your body becoming drama queen and fight or fight responses are skewed and amplified. Normal BP WAS 80/40; 2 weeks in pulse was 150 BP 200/150. Diarrhea all day all night!!I developed Serotonin Dyndrome from my regular meds and this. I was in cardiac arrest and almost didn't come out. BP STILL HIGH normal is 145/100 now and it's caused so much more with anxiety so it sucks"

Jmj1100 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "Was on antidepressants/ADHD meds for about 10 years. GAD, mild depression, OCD and ADHD. I stopped taking all meds and been off for a couple years. I have always had some GAD and poor focus. With work and school my stress level went up, then the obsessive thoughts/GAD went up and mood went down. I didn't like other antidepressants due to insomnia and that numb/disconnected human feeling you get with them. I have been on Viibryd 10mg for one week and I was pleasantly surprised at not feeling the numb feeling. I do have mild gastrointestinal symptoms of bloating and gas. Stools a little loose but not diarrhea. I feel great in respect to mood and obsessive worry is way down. Will try 20mg, won't go past 20mg after reading reviews."

Tryin Viibryd (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Serious dizziness and vibrations throughout my whole body after 4 days on this medication. Will this stop?"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 2, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Made me totally lose it and ended up in hospital for 3 weeks."

budro1 January 1, 2016

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "I started this drug about two weeks ago. I was having a sudden intense depression. I had been taking Wellbutrin 300 mg and Paxil 20 mg. My psych suggested raising me up to 40 mg on Paxil but I didn't like the sexual side effects. So he suggested switching to Viibryd. He gave me a starter pack to use transition. I haven't had any of the mentioned side effects until the last 3 nights. My sleep has been very poor. Hard to fall asleep and waking up during the night. Even with a small dose of Ativan on two of the nights. I am set to go up to 40 mg today but I might stay on 20 mg until I can talk with him on Monday. Overall my mood has been better (until this morning. Not sleeping gets me fearful of another depressive episode)."

Birdies (taken for less than 1 month) January 1, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I started on Viibryd after having a DNA test done where I found out other medications aren't effective for me due to the way my brain processes them. The first week was fine with no symptoms and no noticeable changes. When I went up to 20mg I had terrible crying spells, couldn't sleep at night, had muscle aches, insane migraines, was exhausted, irritable and my anxiety worsened. I lowered myself back down to 10mg and the symptoms lessened. My doctor told me to take the medication with dinner and a full meal. After reading other reviews, the symptoms may have been so bad since I wasn't taking the medication at the exact same time each day. On 10mg I can function but feel as if I'm not on any medication at all. I'll be switching meds asap"

ViibrydUser December 27, 2015

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "I was prescribed this medication to help with depression and anxiety brought on by several chronic medical conditions including Crohn's disease and Arthritis. Because of my sensitivity to meds, I was started on 5mg. I could not make it through the first week due to severe diarrhea (like taking a colonoscopy prep), severe nausea, bloating, chest pain, disrupted sleep, body aches and drowsiness. Side effects started on day one. I also had weird/ vivid dreams, but I didn't mind that. I usually try to push through in the beginning, but this was too much. I don't think it's a good choice for anyone who already has GI issues. I've tried other meds that caused mild diarrhea in the beginning that I could tolerate. This was a bad fit for me!"

Brynn22 (taken for less than 1 month) December 20, 2015

For Anxiety: "I have general anxiety and occasional bouts of high anxiety. I was taking .5 Xanax 1-2x day not everyday only when I had the bouts of high anxiety. I was on Viibryd 10mg for a week then to 20mg and that's where I've been for about a year. After about 2-3 weeks of starting the Viibryd I noticed I no longer needed the Xanax. I have noticed no change in sex drive however I have noticed I get extremely sleepy if I'm not actively doing something.. Over the past 2 months I have slowly reduced to 10mg hoping to reduce the daytime sleepiness but I have noticed I am getting my bouts of high anxiety again so will end up going back to 20mg."

Bruiser2 December 17, 2015

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "I have been taking this medicine for a three years now. I have tried every antidepressant out there I think. This is the only one that works for me. Along with Abilify and Trazadone this has been a miracle worker for me. I have no side effects. The Trazadone helps with sleep and no nightmares. I wouldn't be around if it wasn't for Viibryd."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 10, 2015

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "I did fine on this drug until I started the 40mg. It actually took me awhile to figure out that it was the Vybrid because I had been doing fine on the 10,20, and 30 mg doses. After starting the 40 mg, I began having horrible dreams where I could not remember a lot of the detail but I knew they were bad because I would wake up terrified and it would sometimes take me a few days to be my normal self again. It was recognizable by my family too. I would also have hallucinations right after I went to bed and I was unable to make them stop. I would also think I was screaming in bed when I wasn't. I am currently being weaned off of it. It was a very scary drug for me."

Marli December 10, 2015

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "I have been on Viibryd for 10 days. The first 5 or 6 days I had a ton of energy. My stomach was a little bloated but no other major side effects. About 3 days ago I started feeling very blah, having anxiety, very gassy and just not feeling right. I am only on 10mg so hopeful that raising me to 20 will solve these problems. After 5 years on Lexapro I wanted to try something that didn't cause weight gain and didn't have sexual side effects. I was still having panic attacks and lots of anxiety on the Lexapro so I was hoping this would help. Just want to feel normal again."

mrsclause December 3, 2015

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "I've had wonderful results on this medication. A few minor side effects that pale in comparison to my improved mood, renewed energy, mellowness and more. I was weaned off Paxil for rapid weight gain, and on Viibyrd I am losing weight and feeling much more confident and positive. I do have vivid dreams, but honestly, I think that's fun."

dp142119 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 1, 2015

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "I had no decrease in symptoms but had a feeling of electrical charges. I tried to stick it out but it was terrible."

Shelly1986 December 1, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder: "Worked really well for a few months. I felt amazing. But I have been getting really angry and having horrible nightmares that make my blood pressure skyrocket. I'm only on 20mg. It just seems odd that it took so long for these side effects to appear. I thought I had found my mirivle drug, but I guess not. For those of you who need help with the expense of the drug, go download a card from the drugs website. Free then $20 a month."

567dfg November 25, 2015

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "It works in my depression, I feel more positive and happy but I had gastrointestinal problems ,and slurred speech people think I am drinking,also sluggish.I received a package from my doctor.Don't know if this effects will go away but if not ,I won't continue."

Ain November 23, 2015

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "Only on day 4 and can't take the constant nausea and off feelings anymore. Vivid dreams, sweating, but the worst is definitely the gastro issues. Bloating, acid reflux, severe nausea. Tried taking it with food, tried taking anti-nausea pills and so many other things, but it wouldn't work."

Nauseaistoomuch November 23, 2015

For Anxiety: "I was prescribed Viibryd due to social anxiety issues (no depression symptoms) and nervous sweating. I began the starter pack w/10mg then leveled out at 40mg. I noticed anxiety issues began to lighten after the first week, but it seems like I was 2 months in on the 40 mg when I noticed this was really working. I find that I'm a lot more tolerable of people and stressful situations. It's been good for me. I did experience a few side effects; leg cramps, some insomnia, and these loud explosions ( in search of a better disciption) while falling asleep. I'm 45 and this my first experience of any type of anxiety med, and I should have been taking this years ago"

Rudy123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 20, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder: "Destroyed my sex life. No libido, delayed eyaculation, erectile dysfunction. The withdrawal was terrible, I did it very slowly... very little lowering doses."

Paul Walker (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 20, 2015

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "The only reason I gave it a 9 is because I can tell immediately if I miss a dose because it is as if my depression returns full fold as far as crying, irritability, anger and deep sadness. I use something else-Wellbutrin & Xanax bid for my anxiety. I have been on many anti-depressants and have dealt with PTSD and MDD since dx when 19. Probably had it prior but I was dx when I got to college because I was an A student who could not function. I tried this because my alternating Lexapro and Celexa (not at the same time) was no longer working and I am so happy that my NP found it. I had some tummy issues at first but they were gone after the first three weeks and I already have insomnia so that has not changed. I am the young Me again."

Leni88 November 16, 2015

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Depression: "I had terrible insomnia on vybrid. Awful. Whole nights spent wired. It made me so anxious that I felt like I was going to jump out of my skin. Brain zaps, headaches, etc. I tried for several weeks but the sysmptoms got worse, not better. Did not work for me at all."

katherinejane November 15, 2015

For Anxiety: "Alongside anxiety, I have painful sphincter of oddi dysfunction. After trying Bentyl with limited success, I decided to give this a try, since I also had some anxiety issues. My biliary pain disappeared from multiple attacks per week to none! While this may not currently be indicated for the purpose described above, this has some major promise in the management of IBS and biliary dyskenisia if visceral hypersensitivity is suspected. No anxiety, increased energy, concentration and motivation w/o losing libido (undoubtedly being due to its partial agonism of the 5HT1A receptor, downstream dopamine release in the prefrontal cortex and minor norpinepherine and dopanine reuptake inhibition in addition to SRI activity) This is a life changer!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2015

Viibryd (vilazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Noticed i am more anxious than b4 i started taking it. Luckily i havent had nightmares or g.i. issues so far but ive only started 1and a half week ago. from what I've seen from reviews it's all about the individual i guess."

shelly a wright November 3, 2015