Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Verapamil

Also known as: Calan, Calan SR, Covera-HS, Isoptin, Isoptin IV, Isoptin SR, Verelan, Verelan PM

Learn more about Verapamil.

Verapamil review summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 262 medications used in the treatment of High Blood Pressure.

Reviews for Verapamil to treat High Blood Pressure

Review by mch999 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Helps control my blood pressure with no noticeable side effects at the 240mg/day dosage.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 22, 2015 6:13 PM

Review by Uiuuuuuuut:

Been on 240mg once a day for about 4 years had good results. They changed from a solid to a time released capsule. Results are not good now. Not sure why. May have to change meds

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 5, 2014 9:36 PM

Review by loret:

Verapamil 80mg 2 times a day lowered my blood pressure significantly. The side effects are occasional constipation, itchy rashes, little shortness of breath and mild fatigue. Drinking at least 8 to 10 glasses of water a day helps. I like this better than atenolol which lowered my heartbeat and blood pressure to 100/49, and hydrochlorothiazide, which caused dehydration, tingling, rashes feeling very cold and fatigue.

May 20, 2013 4:08 AM

Review by gwendellan:

Verapamil ER 180 mg gave me tightness in chest, flu syndrome, cough, stomach pain, low grade fever, and a general feeling of being unwell. Also tiredness, headache and constipation. I took it for one week and discontinued due to these bad side effects. Unfortunately this medicine is not for me. Further, it did not lower my hypertension at all.

October 22, 2011 5:48 PM

Review by Ray64:

I took this medication for a week and although it did help with my blood pressure it made me very confused and light headed. I got so bad that I stopped taking the medicine and called my doctor for a different type of medication. Just wasn't for me I guess.

November 8, 2010 3:48 PM

Review by Bayridge Ron:

Verelan PM (verapamil): I have had excellent results with this medication and only minimum side effects ( occasional constipation. I am a long-time calcium channel blocker taker and so far it has been an excellent prescription.

December 30, 2008 9:51 AM

Review by Ric.:

Great pill. It really works well.

September 30, 2008 10:55 AM