User Reviews for Verapamil
Also known as: Calan, Calan SR, Covera-HS, Isoptin, Isoptin IV, Isoptin SR, Verelan, Verelan PM
The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care.
Learn more about Verapamil.
Reviews for Verapamil to treat High Blood Pressure
|Review by loret:||User Rating:|
verapamil: Verapamil 80mg 2 times a day lowered my blood pressure significantly. The side effects are occasional constipation, itchy rashes, little shortness of breath and mild fatigue. Drinking at least 8 to 10 glasses of water a day helps. I like this better than atenolol which lowered my heartbeat and blood pressure to 100/49, and hydrochlorothiazide, which caused dehydration, tingling, rashes feeling very cold and fatigue.
|May 20, 2013 4:08 AM|
|Review by gwendellan:||User Rating:|
verapamil: Verapamil ER 180 mg gave me tightness in chest, flu syndrome, cough, stomach pain, low grade fever, and a general feeling of being unwell. Also tiredness, headache and constipation. I took it for one week and discontinued due to these bad side effects. Unfortunately this medicine is not for me. Further, it did not lower my hypertension at all.
|October 22, 2011 5:48 PM|
|Review by Ray64:||User Rating:|
verapamil: I took this medication for a week and although it did help with my blood pressure it made me very confused and light headed. I got so bad that I stopped taking the medicine and called my doctor for a different type of medication. Just wasn't for me I guess.
|November 8, 2010 3:48 PM|
|Review by Bayridge Ron:||User Rating:|
Verelan PM (verapamil): I have had excellent results with this medication and only minimum side effects ( occasional constipation. I am a long-time calcium channel blocker taker and so far it has been an excellent prescription.
|December 30, 2008 9:51 AM|
|Review by Ric.:||User Rating:|
|September 30, 2008 10:55 AM|
Learn more about High Blood Pressure
Micromedex Care Notes:
Harvard Health Guide:
- Verapamil Consumer Overview
- verapamil MedFacts Consumer Leaflet
- verapamil controlled-release tablets MedFacts Consumer Leaflet
- verapamil immediate-release MedFacts Consumer Leaflet
- verapamil immediate-release tablets MedFacts Consumer Leaflet
- verapamil sustained-release capsules controlled onset MedFacts Consumer Leaflet
- verapamil sustained-release pellet-filled capsules MedFacts Consumer Leaflet
- verapamil sustained-release tablets (controlled onset) MedFacts Consumer Leaflet
- verapamil Concise Consumer Information
- verapamil Advanced Consumer
- verapamil Intravenous Advanced Consumer
- Verapamil Hydrochloride Monograph