User Reviews for Calan SR

Learn more about Calan SR.

Cluster Headaches 1 reviews 35 medications

Migraine Prevention 3 reviews 32 medications

Supraventricular Tachycardia 2 reviews 50 medications

Angina 0 reviews 124 medications

Arrhythmia 1 reviews 42 medications

Bipolar Disorder 0 reviews 48 medications Not rated - Be the first
High Blood Pressure 0 reviews 261 medications Not rated - Be the first
Idiopathic Hypertrop...baortic Stenosis 0 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nocturnal Leg Cramps 0 reviews 25 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Calan SR reviews 7 reviews 9.3

Reviews for Calan SR

Review by 2young2takeapill (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Arrhythmia: I'm on this medicine for heart arrhythmia. I'm 46, my heart does flip flops and super rapid beats per min. Blood pressure sometimes is 180/110. Then it drops to 96/67, that little roller coaster ride makes you ill. I started the Calan SR 180mg tab. It gives me wicked headache in left lobe & fatigue. It hasn't helped my heart from flip flopping or blood pressure from sky rocketing up then down like a yo-yo. However, it does calm my heart down once I have a spell and I take the meds. I generally fall asleep from fatigue. It could be that I haven't taken it long enough for it to start helping the high blood pressure or the irregular heart beat. Perhaps the second month will show improvement.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 28, 2013 4:01 PM

Review by MIss Margaret:

For Migraine Prevention: I was put on a low dosage in 2002 when I was 37. The benefits were immediate and amazing. I actually looked forward to activities and outings. Unfortunately, after a couple years, the migraines crept back, only less severe, and less frequent. My doctor doubled the dosage, and that helped quite a bit. Now I take 350mg ER, which is the largest amount the doctor will allow. Although my migraines have become quite mild, I feel that the Verapamil has mostly lost its efficacy, and I plan to ask my doctor about gradually stopping the medication. Still, the years of relief it gave me were terrific, and I never hesitate to recommend it.

August 15, 2013 2:17 PM

Review by wonder drug:

For Migraine Prevention: From 1965 through 1992 I suffered from what a doctor called Migraine Headaches. I endured the sporadic episodes until they became longer in duration and more often. The constant nausea was worse than the headache itself, causing me to go to bed until the event would suddenly subside. Went to a doctor again around 1992 and was prescribed Calan SR. I took it until the prescription ran out ... and did not have any headaches during that time ... but then I did not renew my prescription and stopped taking it all together. However, I have never had a migraine again nor any type of headache at all since around 1992 to this day 2010 - that is approximately 16 years without even a headache. I consider this a miracle.

December 20, 2010 9:45 PM

For Supraventricular Tachycardia: I have been taking CALAN SR 120 for over 10 years now. My episodes of SVT occur at most a couple of times a year and then for short duration. My pharmacy issued me a generic once because CALAN was not available and I had SVTs almost daily. I was very glad when CALAN became available again. I would not like to be without it.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 18, 2010 3:48 PM

Review by HansMeyer:

For Cluster Headaches: Calan SR worked miracles for me. It doesn't stop the headaches; over a short period of time the drug builds up in your system and then you can feel an attack coming on (the eye starting to droop and some nasal congestion), then, viola, the headache is aborted!

September 11, 2009 7:46 PM

For Migraine Prevention: Works very well for migraines and heart rhythm problems

May 11, 2009 10:20 AM

For Supraventricular Tachycardia: I used Verapamil for 5 years to treat supraventricular tachycardia (SVT). With each visit to the doctor, they increased my dosage. I started out taking 30mg once a day, and ended with 180mg once a day. For the most part, my symptoms were never controlled. The drug caused extreme fatigue and tiredness. I often had severe headaches and was constipated. I have been switched to Atenolol 50mg once a day now. Hopefully I won't have as many unwanted side effects.

February 26, 2009 2:42 PM