User Reviews for Valsartan

Also known as: Diovan

Learn more about Valsartan.

Left Ventricular Dysfunction 2 reviews 15 medications

9.5
High Blood Pressure 54 reviews 261 medications

6.8
Heart Failure 0 reviews 129 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Valsartan reviews 56 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Valsartan

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: It works just fine without any side effects. I've been on it for 4 years.

December 9, 2009 10:26 PM

Review by TURNKEY77:

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: I have taken this medication since it first hit the market and was really satisfied at first. Now many years later. Hair falling out. Diagnosed as Alopecia. Also muscle problems in chest cavity and extremities. I attribute this all to the medication and will ask it to be changed.

124 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 22, 2009 7:15 AM

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: Been taking this medicine for three months. Was on Exforge. I am pleased with the results and also it helps me to lose weight. Lost 10 lbs in one month without trying. Need to loose 30 more lbs going for the gold. Side effect: makes me feel week at times other than that it appears to be working hopefully. I will be off medication when I lose the weight.

November 20, 2009 8:14 AM

Review by darlene3131:

For High Blood Pressure: My doctor put me on 80mg of Valsartan (Diovan) today is going on day 3 of this medicine. I'm 31 yr old female. The only side effect I get from this medicine is a lightheaded and fuzzy feeling in my head..it's not to bad ..however it does make driving a car or exercise very limited..It has lowered my Blood Pressure 122/88 which is better than 150/80. I take the medicine at night so I can sleep through some of the effects but noticed I still have them when I wake up. Hopefully my body can adjust to this side effect.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 16, 2009 1:11 PM

Review by Good and Bad:

For High Blood Pressure: Been on Diovan for 9 years. Started with ringing in my ears and now hearing loss - had to get hearing aids. Also, in the last year had increases in Blood Pressure, followed by controlled 'normal' pressure readings. My blood sugar now is classified as Type II, so several of the problems with this medicine are my problems. Am going to ask my doctor to change. If you get ringing in your ears when taking this, don't delay, get off it!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 8, 2009 9:29 PM

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: I've taken Diovan for 5 years. It controlled my blood pressure for about 4 years and then my blood pressure started to rise. My only side effects that I am aware of is extremly cold feet and loss of sex drive. I have sinced switched to Metoprolol with no improvement and same side effects. Both of these drugs are expensive. I'm going to ask my doctor if I can be switched to Atenolol. According to description of this drug in Drugs.com, it seems to be the same, except you can get it from Walmart or Walgreen's for $4.

October 26, 2009 7:58 AM

Review by Voko:

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: The doctor put me on this medicine a few months ago and I have not had one headache since.

September 28, 2009 11:53 AM

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: After about six weeks of starting Diovan 80 mg my blood pressure began to go higher. My dosage was increased to 160 mg. My blood pressure would go up and down, reaching to over 200/100 several times. After a trip to the ER twice and the hospital once, I decided to take myself off Diovan and go back to my old medicine. Problem solved.

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 23, 2009 11:03 AM

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: After using Diovan for only a few days I developed shortness of breath and my blood pressure skyrocketed. I was also very lethargic. Within 2 days of stopping going back to my old blood pressure medication my pressure dropped significantly. This drug did NOT work for me for what it was prescribed for.

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 20, 2009 1:55 AM

Review by and another thing:

For High Blood Pressure: While this medication is working for my high blood pressure, it is not without side effects. The one I am experiencing is severe nasal congestion 24/7. I will be going back to my doctor to see what else is available.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 15, 2009 10:08 PM

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: I have been taking 80 mg of Diovan daily for about 10 years. My blood pressure remains under control and I have had no side effects at all.

August 6, 2009 3:20 PM

Review by 1waterboy2:

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: I have been taking this medication off an on for abut 10 years. My experience is that it lowers my blood pressure to around 120/60 from average 140/75. My problem is it causes me to have problems with my legs and I can't have good erections. I stop it for few days and my erection returns to normal. That's my biggest problem with it.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 25, 2009 10:17 AM

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: Diovan HCT 160/12.5 - took for over 8 years. Blood pressure was controlled...however, did not realize that daily headaches, hair thinning, up and down blood sugar, weight gain, muscle aches, etc. were side effects. Stopped taking and all symptoms started to go away.

141 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 22, 2009 10:07 AM

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: After taking it for 4 days it made me sick to my stomach and caused great muscle pain in my left leg.

July 21, 2009 12:05 PM

Review by miserable:

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: Taking Diovan for 160 mg for 3 months with no noticeable side effects, than had what the doctor refers to as an orthostatic syneopal episode. I passed out. Was out of work for 4 weeks. Doctor increased dose to 320 and nearly all of the side effects listed for this medication has presented itself. The worst being muscle weakness and cramping.

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 24, 2009 4:33 PM

Review by robynrn:

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: Diovan 80mg was prescribed to me. It did nothing for my blood pressure. I started on 160mg/12.5, this increased my BP from 140/90 to 160/107 and gave me serious side effects such as nausea, diarrhea, etc. My sister takes this medicine without any problems.

May 25, 2009 9:22 AM

Review by rkm123:

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: Diovan effectively controlled my high blood pressure for 2 years. Then suddenly I developed low potassium levels; fluctuating blood pressure, rapid pulse, ringing in the ears, nausea and deep tissue pain with chronic inflammation. The dose was dropped by 1/2. Sleep apnea began. It took three months- many-ER visits, two hospitalizations and cardiac monitoring to figure out what my blood pressure was actually doing. Eventually it took only 1/4 of the dose of the medication to "control" my pressure without causing side effects. The onset of these symptoms without doctors recognizing them created concern for me about this medication. I recommend regular monitoring of your own blood pressure.

108 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 11, 2009 11:45 PM

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: I started using Diovan four months ago, although it has lowered my pressure considerably, I'm experiencing itchy and tender scalp. My hair is extremely brittle and constantly breaking.

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 27, 2009 11:31 AM

Review by JaxJM:

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: I took Diovan for two months to reduce blood pressure. It appears to be working, with no apparent side effects, other than COST. It is not available as a generic and even with a good prescription benefit it was costing me $60/month.

March 22, 2009 8:52 AM

Review by Doo Dee:

For High Blood Pressure: It worked well for me. Blood pressure is great and NO side effects. I love this medicine.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 20, 2009 4:37 AM

Review by GreatMom:

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: I found that there are too many side effects with this medicine. The worst was numbing of my face, also I had nausea and vomiting which caused dehydration. I only took it for 2 weeks.

February 15, 2009 12:32 AM

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: Slow to work but eventually gets there.

February 3, 2009 9:56 PM

Review by DE DE:

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: I have taken Diovan for approximately 3 years with good success. I have had no noticeable side effects and it maintains my blood pressure around 125/82.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 21, 2009 12:56 PM

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: Caused dizziness and nausea.

December 8, 2008 2:14 PM

Diovan (valsartan) for High Blood Pressure: Diovan was prescribed by my doctor nearly 10 years ago. Turns out both my parents also take it. None of us have any side effects that we are aware of, and it controls the hypertension effectively. Never been on any other high blood pressure treatment.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 18, 2008 10:56 PM