User Reviews for Valtrex

Learn more about Valtrex.

Reviews for Valtrex to treat Herpes Simplex, Mucocutaneous/Immunocompromised Host

Review by NoRainbow:

I was infected with HSV 2 about two weeks ago in the genital area, pubic area to be exact. Only took 2 days before typical symptoms showed but I waited 4 days before going to the ER thinking the OB was folliculitis. I was prescribed Valtrex 1gm 2xs a day for ten days. After 2.5 days I noticed that the herpes stopped spreading and the pain was gone. After 5 days it was already healing/drying up. After 10 days it is almost completely healed/few scabs left. This drug is very effective but you have to take it on time every 12 hours or as instructed by your Dr. Side effects were fatigue, dry skin, dry eyes/ slight redness at times, mood swings, hives, and sleeplessness.

November 11, 2013 3:56 PM

Review by redheadartiste (taken for 5 to 10 years):

It's well worth it to ask your doctor to prescribe 1gm daily Valtrex for recurring cold sores. You can easily take from your daily prescribed to help immediately when you notice a cold sore start by then taking 1gm 3 times in 24 hours. The prescription for 3 pills costs the same as 30 days so I recommend to talk to your doctor.

March 31, 2013 3:49 PM

Review by lindawalker:

I am on a regimen program of Valtrex and I take 4 tablets on the onset of fever blister of the lips then 4 tablets 12 hours later. Then, My Doctor prescribed 1 Valtrex daily forever. It's well worth it. I have not had any break outs since my Doctor put me on this prevention program. I highly recommend Valtrex and am well satisfied with the results.

October 2, 2010 4:31 PM