User Reviews for Ulipristal

Also known as: ella

Learn more about Ulipristal.

Emergency Contraception 16 reviews 14 medications

8.8
Summary of Ulipristal reviews 16 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Ulipristal

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "more effective and much fewer unpleasant side-effects than the more common plan-b. However, only available with a prescription. free with my insurance!"

AAAAC May 6, 2016

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "I had unprotected sex and took Ella One on third day. I didn't get my period and fell pregnant. I had some implantation issues, Vasa Previa (baby blood vessels blocking cervix). I can't help but think, although no concrete evidence that Ella One caused this. I now have a beautiful healthy baby boy which was born by csection due to this. Would change him for the world but wanted to say Ella One didn't work for me."

Limelightlou April 22, 2016

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "Had unprotected intercouse on day 16 of my 28 day cycle. Took ella 2 days later. Experienced mild stomachache for about an hour after, a bit of dizziness but not much else. Period came 1 day late, with no other symptoms. Highly recommend it, had way less secondary effects than with levonelle which made my period 4 days+ late and gave me horrible cramps. Good luck and don't stress too much!"

AnnaRL April 4, 2016

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "I took the Ella pill maybe 17hrs after unprotected sex around mid Nov 2015 I had a slight stomach ache but that's it. two weeks later my period came on time (unlike the plan b which my period came 3 days early with that) but it was a normal 5 days period. Even in Dec2015 my period came on time but with minor cramps and I usually have painful cramps. Jan2016 my period came 6days late and last 9days a little heavier but still no cramps Feb2016 I didn't have a period all month finally came March 9th and I'm in the 13day in this cycle but not heavy at all, I guess it's catching up. But still better than plan b which completely messed up my cycle and cause me to have low iron from heavy bleeding and blood loss"

JayNT (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2016

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "Ella was really the only option for me (over weight and wouldn't have been able to get plan b soon enough and didn't have bc pills yet) and I did have unprotected before finally putting a condom on. I took it three days after and about two hours after I was dizzy like I have never been before. Thankfully it lasted for about 2-3 hours. My period came on time but there was some spotting (barely) before and the cramps, oh god were they terrible. I was curled up on the kitchen floor at one point trying to make toast (I usually have bad cramps, just made them about two times as bad as normal). My roommate had a similar experience with plan b making cramps worse. So from my experience, ella works. Got my period on time, just more intense cramps."

sweet dee February 20, 2016

For Emergency Contraception: "I took it 5 days after a condom mishap, during my ovulation week 1/21. period was only a couple days late (2 days). I did not experience any dizziness or nausea when I took this pill."

bbb9 February 12, 2016

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "Had unprotected sex on Dec 6 , took Ella with in 36 hours. Had slight dizziness the day I took it. Took it on a full stomach and made sure I ate a little something every two hours. Stayed hydrated. I also took dramine for the dizziness. Today day two I only have a slight belly ache. MUCH BETTER THEN PLAN B. Which tricks your body into thinking it is pregnant and got all pregnancy symptoms. I would say Ella worked for me !"

cal94 December 10, 2015

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "I had a miscarriage!! Don't ever take this drug! This is an abortion pill!"

Mayyraa August 21, 2015

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "Works like a charm. Made a mistake during peak fertile time, took ella 36 hours later. No cramping, mild nausea. Period started a week early. I weigh 220lbs so Plan B would not be an option. Recommended"

LoriMS July 30, 2015

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "My experience with Ella was a little intense. The night I took it my whole body ached, along with massive back and forth headaches with dizzyness and extremely tiredness and tummy aches. The next day my stomach and head hurt all day. And I was still extremely tired. These affects may not sound the greatest but it sure can be worth It. I started me period a week later."

PupGirl April 30, 2015

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "Took Ella 48 hours after sex, experienced no symptoms. Period came 4 days late."

J324 December 29, 2014

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "I took Ella 4 days after unprotected sex. A few days later I had brownish discharge. It only lasted one day. I had a few stomach cramps as well as pelvis cramps and I never had cramps before a period. However this also could have been due to how nervous I was that I could be pregnant. My expected period date came around and I missed it. By the 4th day I was paranoid and took a First Response pregnancy test. It said negative. On the 6th day I still did not have it and took another pregnancy test and it said negative. I then went to the gynecologist because I was super paranoid and stressed and she said I probably wasn't pregnant and that the pill thew off my cycle. The next day I got my period. Ella does work."

agscott July 25, 2014

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "Ella gets it done. The side effects are minimal overall."

Anonymous September 25, 2013

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "Had a slip up on Sept. 6, took Ella 12 hours later. My uterus felt sore for the day, it made me tired. I was expecting my period on Sept. 14, got it the 13th. It did its job for me."

Karma Think Twice (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2013

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "Ella worked with mild side effects. After being sexually active during my peak fertile time, I took Ella. I did not use any other method of birth control. I took anti-nausea pills (Meclizine, 50mg) along with Ella. Side effects were mild. A bit of nausea the night I took it, followed by some upset stomach and dizziness the following day. My period came and was normal, maybe a bit early. I would recommend Ella for anyone uncertain about their birth control method. Upon taking it, I would recommend staying in for the night and having healthy, light meals. "

beu March 27, 2012

ella (ulipristal) for Emergency Contraception: "Not expensive. Causes very few side effects. Just painful stomach ache."

Anonymous December 11, 2010