User Reviews for Tryptophan

Also known as: Aminomine, Tryptan

Learn more about Tryptophan.

Anxiety 0 reviews 60 medications

Insomnia 2 reviews 96 medications

ADHD 0 reviews 62 medications Not rated - Be the first
Depression 0 reviews 75 medications Not rated - Be the first
Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder 0 reviews 40 medications Not rated - Be the first
Smoking Cessation 0 reviews 19 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Tryptophan reviews 2 reviews 10.0

Reviews for Tryptophan

Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

tryptophan for Insomnia: I am a survivor of brain cancer and now have a memory deficit as a result. My Neurologist suggested I take 100mgs of L-Tryptophan daily to increase the production of serotonin. This he felt would assist with memory function. Long story short, 2 years later, I realize that I have benefited from the side effect of sleepiness. I take my 1000 mg before I go to bed and I sleep like a log.

February 20, 2012 9:58 PM

I suffered through a year of acute insomnia triggered by strange noises coming from my sinus, probably some kind of twisted blood vessel although my ENT could never say for sure and I didn't want a CT scan. My MD had me on Zopiclone which is OK for short term but just garbage as far as long term use: it interferes with REM sleep, develops resistance and is hell to come off of with rebound insomnia and mood shifts, mostly dark. My MD was reluctant but I talked him into letting me try tryptohan. Ahh, sleeeep! Quality sleep too. Natural sleep. No side effects except the occasional morning headache and groggies that would soon disappear. No other side effects. No buidling up resistance over long term use. To me its been a sanity saver.

June 18, 2011 1:38 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

tryptophan for Insomnia: L-Tryptophan has worked wonders for my insomnia, PMS, anxiety and depression. No side effects, although the bottle sayS take 3 capsules, I ONLY take 1 at night and wake up feeling great.

March 25, 2011 6:35 PM