User Reviews for Tryptophan

Also known as: Aminomine, Tryptan

Learn more about Tryptophan.

Anxiety 0 reviews 61 medications

Insomnia 2 reviews 102 medications

Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder 1 reviews 40 medications

ADHD 0 reviews 32 medications Not rated - Be the first
Depression 0 reviews 75 medications Not rated - Be the first
Smoking Cessation 0 reviews 19 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Tryptophan reviews 3 reviews 10.0

Reviews for Tryptophan

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "Nothing, and I mean nothing (and I have tried everything) has helped my PMDD like L-Tryptophan has. My symptoms are now negligible with just one 500mg tablet plus a vitamin B supplement, once or at most twice a day."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 28, 2015

For Insomnia: "I am a survivor of brain cancer and now have a memory deficit as a result. My Neurologist suggested I take 100mgs of L-Tryptophan daily to increase the production of serotonin. This he felt would assist with memory function. Long story short, 2 years later, I realize that I have benefited from the side effect of sleepiness. I take my 1000 mg before I go to bed and I sleep like a log."

Anonymous February 20, 2012

For : "I suffered through a year of acute insomnia triggered by strange noises coming from my sinus, probably some kind of twisted blood vessel although my ENT could never say for sure and I didn't want a CT scan. My MD had me on Zopiclone which is OK for short term but just garbage as far as long term use: it interferes with REM sleep, develops resistance and is hell to come off of with rebound insomnia and mood shifts, mostly dark. My MD was reluctant but I talked him into letting me try tryptohan. Ahh, sleeeep! Quality sleep too. Natural sleep. No side effects except the occasional morning headache and groggies that would soon disappear. No other side effects. No buidling up resistance over long term use. To me its been a sanity saver."

Anonymous June 18, 2011

For Insomnia: "L-Tryptophan has worked wonders for my insomnia, PMS, anxiety and depression. No side effects, although the bottle sayS take 3 capsules, I ONLY take 1 at night and wake up feeling great."

Anonymous March 25, 2011