User Reviews for Sanctura

Learn more about Sanctura.

Sanctura review summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 21 medications used in the treatment of Overactive Bladder.

Reviews for Sanctura to treat Overactive Bladder

Review by juniperjones:

It did help a lot. I used it for several months until I just couldn't stand the dry, grainy eyes. I finally stopped it due to the eye problem.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 23, 2014 1:14 AM

Review by Breanna Michelle:

I had tried other medications for Overactive Bladder and nothing worked until Sanctura. It took a little over a month to start working but now my bladder feels completely normal! So thankful!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 19, 2014 1:36 PM

Review by deaddolly (taken for less than 1 month):

After trying Vesicare, Enablex and Gelnique, I was giving up. My doctor suggested trying this one...Sanctura. I saw results the very next day. I can not only sleep through the night, I am no longer running to get to the toilet in the morning. I've only been on it 5 days. No side effects yet. But I also take stool softeners. No dry mouth...no sleepiness. I also have given up caffeine at the same time I began this pill. Not sure if that helped as well, but I am now very happy!

September 1, 2012 9:13 PM

Wonderful - taking it for 2 weeks now, the 2nd day I could tell a significant difference. THANK YOU.

June 30, 2011 2:13 PM

I have been taking Sanctura for several months. It is very effective. I do have bad results with constipation. I did not take the symptoms of constipation seriously and needed help from the ER at the hospital to get relief. It is something almost all medicine stresses as a possibility, but for me it was a serious problem. I watch it more carefully now.

August 16, 2010 12:30 PM

Review by karenfio:

It has been a tremendous improvement for me. Before the medication, I was unable to play in the yard with my children because of constant urges and frequent incontinence. Now (with the medication) I am training for my first 5K run. The urges are gone and I'm able to use the bathroom like a normal person. I don't have the fear of an accident like I did before. It's amazing!

April 18, 2010 8:47 PM

Did nothing for me.

August 31, 2009 5:16 PM

At times had terrible urgency, very problematic on travel and even daily life, meeting, traffic etc. Started with Vesicare, which worked quite well, but seemed to reach a plateau. I then started on Sanctura about 5-6 weeks ago. It seems to be even better for me than Vesicare. Very happy with it so far, even though I still not consider myself normal quite yet but any improvement is great. Compared to before the drugs, the improvement is fantastic, my best recommendations for this drug.

April 4, 2009 9:36 PM

I am only 39 years old, and having to go constantly after drinking water or pepsi. I feel like I can't go shopping or anywhere without having to worry about it. I tried 5 different pills and this was by far the best. The only side effect I have is a dry mouth, but it's not that bad. It comes and goes, and it's not so bothersome. This is the one I'm on now, and will stay on. The one thing I don't like, is that you have to take it one hour before breakfast. Sometimes it's hard for me to wait that long before I can eat - especially if I forget to take my pill, then have to wait even longer to eat.

November 26, 2008 3:34 PM

Review by lsrtx:

I started Sanctura 4 months ago, I have had urgency and incontinence for many years, and have just lived with it. I have tried all of the other medications to no avail, one or 2 days benefit only. I complained, with much embarrassment to my Urologist he gave me samples of Sanctura. I will tell you I have been accident free for 4 months, the second day I took the medicine I saw a drastic difference, I wasn't running to the bathroom every 15 minutes. Wonderful medicine. No side effects.

August 8, 2008 1:27 AM

Review by sweikel:

I started taking Sanctura a few months ago and I absolutly love it! I was urinating every 45 minutes. Since I've been taking it I can now go for 3 hours at a shot,,what a difference. The sleepiness of the pill went away after about a week of being on it. The dry mouth isn't bad. The pill has helped me wonderfully! I am so glad I take it.

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 7, 2007 8:28 PM