User Reviews for Sanctura

Learn more about Sanctura.

Sanctura Review Summary

7.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 21 medications used in the treatment of Overactive Bladder.

Reviews for Sanctura to treat Overactive Bladder

"I am taking Spasmex for two weeks which is same as Sanctura (Trospium Chloride), I am feeling much better. I can tolerate all side effects except the fatigue and weakness that I am having in my legs. I cannot walk for a distance as I have to find a seat to rest my legs for a while. My doctor asked to reduce the dose but that did not help as my bladder turned overactive again. Now I am back with the same prescribed dose and will wait and see whether the side effects will go or I may ask to my Dr. to change the medicine if I couldn't tolerate my leg and muscle issue."

Moe Tara (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2015

"This medicines side effect for me was really bad constipation. I was in and out the ER for constipation and not one doctor told me it could be this medicine. After getting off of it, it took me 9 long days to have a bowel movement but since getting off of it I am back to normal. This medicine never helped with my overactive bladder."

Kimberly fabiano October 13, 2014

"It did help a lot. I used it for several months until I just couldn't stand the dry, grainy eyes. I finally stopped it due to the eye problem."

juniperjones March 23, 2014

"I had tried other medications for Overactive Bladder and nothing worked until Sanctura. It took a little over a month to start working but now my bladder feels completely normal! So thankful!"

Breanna Michelle March 19, 2014

"After trying Vesicare, Enablex and Gelnique, I was giving up. My doctor suggested trying this one...Sanctura. I saw results the very next day. I can not only sleep through the night, I am no longer running to get to the toilet in the morning. I've only been on it 5 days. No side effects yet. But I also take stool softeners. No dry mouth...no sleepiness. I also have given up caffeine at the same time I began this pill. Not sure if that helped as well, but I am now very happy!"

deaddolly (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2012

"Wonderful - taking it for 2 weeks now, the 2nd day I could tell a significant difference. THANK YOU."

Anonymous June 30, 2011

"I have been taking Sanctura for several months. It is very effective. I do have bad results with constipation. I did not take the symptoms of constipation seriously and needed help from the ER at the hospital to get relief. It is something almost all medicine stresses as a possibility, but for me it was a serious problem. I watch it more carefully now."

Anonymous August 16, 2010

"It has been a tremendous improvement for me. Before the medication, I was unable to play in the yard with my children because of constant urges and frequent incontinence. Now (with the medication) I am training for my first 5K run. The urges are gone and I'm able to use the bathroom like a normal person. I don't have the fear of an accident like I did before. It's amazing!"

karenfio April 18, 2010

"Did nothing for me. "

Anonymous August 31, 2009

"At times had terrible urgency, very problematic on travel and even daily life, meeting, traffic etc. Started with Vesicare, which worked quite well, but seemed to reach a plateau. I then started on Sanctura about 5-6 weeks ago. It seems to be even better for me than Vesicare. Very happy with it so far, even though I still not consider myself normal quite yet but any improvement is great. Compared to before the drugs, the improvement is fantastic, my best recommendations for this drug."

Anonymous April 4, 2009

"I am only 39 years old, and having to go constantly after drinking water or pepsi. I feel like I can't go shopping or anywhere without having to worry about it. I tried 5 different pills and this was by far the best. The only side effect I have is a dry mouth, but it's not that bad. It comes and goes, and it's not so bothersome. This is the one I'm on now, and will stay on. The one thing I don't like, is that you have to take it one hour before breakfast. Sometimes it's hard for me to wait that long before I can eat - especially if I forget to take my pill, then have to wait even longer to eat."

Anonymous November 26, 2008

"I started Sanctura 4 months ago, I have had urgency and incontinence for many years, and have just lived with it. I have tried all of the other medications to no avail, one or 2 days benefit only. I complained, with much embarrassment to my Urologist he gave me samples of Sanctura. I will tell you I have been accident free for 4 months, the second day I took the medicine I saw a drastic difference, I wasn't running to the bathroom every 15 minutes. Wonderful medicine. No side effects."

lsrtx August 8, 2008

"I started taking Sanctura a few months ago and I absolutly love it! I was urinating every 45 minutes. Since I've been taking it I can now go for 3 hours at a shot,,what a difference. The sleepiness of the pill went away after about a week of being on it. The dry mouth isn't bad. The pill has helped me wonderfully! I am so glad I take it."

sweikel September 7, 2007

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Learn more about Overactive Bladder