User Reviews for Triamterene

Also known as: Dyrenium

Learn more about Triamterene.

Edema 5 reviews 52 medications

7.5
Ascites 0 reviews 11 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Triamterene reviews 5 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Triamterene

For Edema: "I believe it work and control my fluid, and keep swelling around ankle .I do have leg pain."

malon (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 26, 2015

Dyrenium (triamterene) for Edema: "I've been suffering from extreme edema since 2009. I've been on a different diuretics since then and have used in a combination Lasix & potassium and it has to help regulate the fluid retention. without the Dyrenium, my potassium levels drop to almost lethal level. Obviously this is an improvement! Side effects are not overtly noticeable due to the use of them with Lasix: Usual dry mouth, cramping of back & legs, weakness. I would rate it higher but it is very expensive."

racyred803 March 26, 2014

For Edema: "If you take triamterene and have leg pain consider it could be the medicine. My mother took it and had severe leg pain, shooting down from the hip. As she has arthritis doctors said it was arthritis and it got so bad she considered having hip replacement surgery. I saw that it got worse when she took the medicine. She asked the doctor to give her another medicine for the blood pressure and after a week the pain was gone completely - no need for surgery. The medicine helped the blood pressure but the pain in her leg was too much, as she could hardly walk. If you are taking the medicine and have leg pain shooting down the leg talk to your doctor about getting another medicine. "

empirelady May 11, 2010

For Edema: "Within the first 30 minutes this medicine starts working and rids the body of excess fluids. Can tell the days when I have forgotten to take as my ankles swell up and I feel bloated."

Anonymous July 26, 2008

For Edema: "This medication is really good. It lowers my blood pressure and prevents fluid retention. It has helped tremendously with those two areas. "

Vetta April 23, 2008