User Reviews for Desyrel

Learn more about Desyrel.

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome 0 reviews 3 medications

Major Depressive Disorder 2 reviews 44 medications

Summary of Desyrel reviews 21 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Desyrel

Review by legakris (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Major Depressive Disorder: I am currently on the trazodone, and while it is not as effective as the Seroquel in terms of a sleep aid, it works well when augmented with Zoloft for depression.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 29, 2014 7:46 PM

Review by Lalau (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Fibromyalgia: It has greatly helped with my ability to sleep.

May 14, 2014 6:57 PM

Review by quackers 2 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Major Depressive Disorder: This medication doesn't help depression.It also kept me up at night. I couldn't sleep all night. I went to the doctor to get a new anti-depressant.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 25, 2014 6:43 PM

Review by lovscrttrs (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Fibromyalgia: I have had insomnia related to my fibromyalgia for sometime. When my doctor suggested I try trazadone I was skeptical. Now I never want to be without it. It has done wonders for my sleep and the quality of my sleep. No grogginess or trouble waking up. I would recommend it for those that have trouble both getting to sleep and staying asleep.

February 19, 2014 1:24 AM

Review by veggiegirl77 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Fibromyalgia: This medicine helped me sleep. I felt tired most of the morning hours. I've tried varying doses. Now I'm trying to get off of it. I'm taking 5 HTP, which seems to help me. But it didn't do anything for my fibromyalgia.

August 30, 2013 12:41 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Sedation: I took it for insomnia. I'll give a two because it definitely knocked me out. I tried it for about a week or so and the side effects didn't go away. I was mindless - a zombie. I was interested in absolutely nothing. A friend would point out hot chicks walking by and the most I would give was a "meh". I did my school work, ate food, and sat around with friends - just sat there as everyone else had fun.

May 3, 2013 3:07 PM

Review by John909:

For Sedation: I really like trazodone. It helps me sleep and makes me feel more like getting up the next day instead of wanting to stay in bed. There have been a few times however that I took 100 mgs instead of 50 and it made me so faint/lightheaded that I had to lay down in the floor where I was at. I couldn't make it to the bed. 100 mgs doesn't always do that but there have been 3 or 4 times that it did.

April 3, 2013 4:35 AM

Review by nauseous nancy:

For Depression: Trazodone felt good at night, and I slept well, but I would be so nauseous the next day that all I could eat was crackers and drink 7up, and I got the poops.

February 9, 2013 4:48 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Fibromyalgia: Couldn't live without it. Keeps me somewhat mobile, otherwise I'd be unable to get around, and unable to sleep at night.

July 14, 2012 1:43 AM

Review by SickOfPillsGoGreen (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Anxiety: Definitely puts you to sleep. Lay down, then take it.

July 11, 2012 2:30 PM

Review by BrooklynNicole:

For Insomnia: I was taking regular Trazodone on and off for a couple of years, it stopped working so my doctor switched me to Desyrel. It's a good pill for the fact that it does make you tired, but I'd make sure you're gonna get 8 or more hours of sleep before you take it. I was prescribed 100mg pills, and I only took half of a pill whenever I took it, and I had the hardest time waking up the next day. Also, with the reg Trazodone and with Desyrel, it took a long time for it to kick in for me (2 hours), but that might be because I have a high tolerance to pills. If you're new to this medicine, take it on the weekend, or whenever you can sleep in, so you can see how it works.

February 7, 2012 2:13 PM

Review by hscolnik:

For Insomnia: Worked well a few times but I developed a quick tolerance to it plus it caused my sinuses to swell which made it difficult to breathe through my nose.

November 26, 2011 5:57 AM

Review by dragonflycat:

For Sedation: I have been on trazodone for about five years, ever since I was going through a nasty downward spiral due to my personal situation at the time and couldn't sleep for three days/nights in a row. The doctor who prescribed it for me was an "old-time" doc who wasn't into unnecessary medication (or any, most of the time) but saw there was a need that day with me. The fact that it was also an antidepressant was also a plus (but ultimately it wasn't effective enough on its own for that purpose). Taking trazodone at night (50mg) plus 1/2 a typical Ambien pill helps me sleep a good five or six hours straight--beats the way I used to sleep and thought was normal for most of my life; waking up every two or three hours.

October 24, 2011 8:20 PM

For Insomnia: Very effective for me.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 17, 2011 5:25 PM

Review by jmnhhgh:

For Insomnia: Great for insomnia.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 12, 2011 11:38 AM

For Insomnia: I reluctantly started taking this for insomnia. Because I put up a fuss about it, my MD started me on 25mg at bedtime (half of a 50mg tablet.) So far, so good. I go to sleep, I stay asleep. What a gift.

March 26, 2011 11:34 AM

For Fibromyalgia: Did nothing for my Fibromyalgia.

September 28, 2010 12:02 PM

Review by pyish:

For Fibromyalgia: I have taken this medicine for 15 years. My pain is up and down depending on life's circumstances. It helps me fall asleep but the quality of my sleep is still poor. I have tried several times to withdraw from it or to change medications. I have never been able to because I end up not sleeping at all.

September 25, 2010 2:41 AM

For Insomnia: It worked very well in making me stay asleep but it gave me such a stuffy nose I had trouble falling asleep but when I finally did fall asleep it was great. Needless to say I couldn't handle the stuffy nose so I stopped taking them.

September 17, 2010 10:01 PM

For Insomnia: I took my first dose last night, and I have felt like I have had a bad hang-over all day. Maybe I should take half the doage until I get use to this.

June 15, 2010 3:48 PM

For Fibromyalgia: Can't recommend more highly. Unless my anxiety is particularly high, this medication helps assure a wonderful night's sleep. I'm on 200 mg nightly, along with Ultracet.

April 12, 2010 12:55 AM

For Insomnia: I have taken trazadone for the last ten years for insomnia and depression associated with a 100% disabled PTSD diagnosis. I have found no reason to change my prescription other than to lower the dosage from 300mg to 150mg which I find adequate, to accomplish its intended use.

December 30, 2009 11:47 AM

For Insomnia: It worked for me! Had to keep increasing dosage about every other month. Wasn't putting me out like it was in the beginning. Started out at 75mg, now I'm at 200.

December 23, 2009 12:31 AM

Review by ChantalB:

For Fibromyalgia: I take this pill to have a good night sleep. It's been at least 5 years on it and I take 450mg.

December 10, 2009 1:02 PM

Review by Hardlign:

For Sedation: I am taking 200mg a night for sleep for a little over a year. No problems except when I miss a nightly dose, I feel hung over the next day. Recently, I have been waking with a headache. I am going to cut my dosage down by 25mg and see if that will help. My worry is to have an uncomfortable withdrawal period.

November 23, 2009 11:07 PM