Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Desyrel

Learn more about Desyrel.

Desyrel review summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 28 medications used in the treatment of Sedation.

Reviews for Desyrel to treat Sedation

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

I took it for insomnia. I'll give a two because it definitely knocked me out. I tried it for about a week or so and the side effects didn't go away. I was mindless - a zombie. I was interested in absolutely nothing. A friend would point out hot chicks walking by and the most I would give was a "meh". I did my school work, ate food, and sat around with friends - just sat there as everyone else had fun.

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 3, 2013 3:07 PM

Review by John909:

I really like trazodone. It helps me sleep and makes me feel more like getting up the next day instead of wanting to stay in bed. There have been a few times however that I took 100 mgs instead of 50 and it made me so faint/lightheaded that I had to lay down in the floor where I was at. I couldn't make it to the bed. 100 mgs doesn't always do that but there have been 3 or 4 times that it did.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 3, 2013 4:35 AM

Review by dragonflycat:

I have been on trazodone for about five years, ever since I was going through a nasty downward spiral due to my personal situation at the time and couldn't sleep for three days/nights in a row. The doctor who prescribed it for me was an "old-time" doc who wasn't into unnecessary medication (or any, most of the time) but saw there was a need that day with me. The fact that it was also an antidepressant was also a plus (but ultimately it wasn't effective enough on its own for that purpose). Taking trazodone at night (50mg) plus 1/2 a typical Ambien pill helps me sleep a good five or six hours straight--beats the way I used to sleep and thought was normal for most of my life; waking up every two or three hours.

October 24, 2011 8:20 PM

Review by Hardlign:

I am taking 200mg a night for sleep for a little over a year. No problems except when I miss a nightly dose, I feel hung over the next day. Recently, I have been waking with a headache. I am going to cut my dosage down by 25mg and see if that will help. My worry is to have an uncomfortable withdrawal period.

November 23, 2009 11:07 PM

Review by Meza E.:

I actually was taking this through high school because of depression and severe insomnia and it worked wonders. As I got older though, I stopped taking it and recently the sleep problems have started back up again. My doctor gave me 100 mg tabs of trazadone (the generic) and I had really bad headaches when I woke up in the mornings. I think it was because when I was in High School, I was taking between 25-50mg. Bought a pill splitter and I split the 100mg tablets into quarters and take 1-2 of them to equal the approximate dose of 25-50mg I was taking. So far so good and I haven't had the headaches so far...been doing this for a couple days so far.

August 17, 2009 11:48 PM

Review by adgsRPh:

I had been taking 30 mg of temazepam but after getting out of the hospital recently I have not been able to sleep. My psychiatrist added trazodone 100 mg tablets. This is a moderate dose and has helped tremendously. The only downside to use of trazodone as treatment for insomnia is the early morning hangover, especially during the first few days of therapy. It's not addictive, you WILL go to sleep, just take a little time.

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 8, 2009 12:57 AM

Review by Bobby boy:

I take a 50 mg Desyrel at night, about 10 min before I'm ready to go to sleep. I have been on it for 5 years, with no side effects. I used to not be able to stay asleep. Now, I sleep like a baby. I also take Zoloft in conjunction with Trazodone.

167 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 9, 2008 3:16 AM