User Reviews for Trazodone (Page 4)

Also known as: Desyrel, Desyrel Dividose, Oleptro

Learn more about Trazodone.

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome 5 reviews 2 medications

Headache 3 reviews 240 medications

4.7
Summary of Trazodone reviews 583 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Trazodone

For Insomnia: "Gave me flu like symptoms. Literally felt sick on it with muscle aches and fatigue along with burning eyes . Took around 3 quarters of 50mg pill. I took it only twice and can't stand its effect . I'm going to go back ambien ."

Trazdone userooo January 8, 2016

For Insomnia: "I take it around 10 pm and I don't sleep till around 4 pm"

Jockire January 4, 2016

For Sedation: "Started taking it to help me sleep when I was going through intense anxiety. For that purpose, it worked very well. However, there was a side effect of feeling generally panicky all the time. It became so bad over time that I could not leave my house--or even step outside the door. I had to quit cold turkey after a month because this was so debilitating. After four days of being off of it, I was able to walk around my neighborhood again. But 3 months later, I still have trouble driving far distances. This drug almost killed me. Also, while I was on it, I had incredible anxiety--like my skin was crawling. Again, this ceased within a day or two of stopping this medication. All in all, it was a horror experience for me."

Anonymous January 3, 2016

For Anxiety: "I began taking this around 3 months ago after the end of my marriage. I wasn't sleeping, had violent mood swings, really bad anxiety and bouts of tearfullness. I take 50mg at bedtime, it eases me into a gentle restful sleep with no groggy feeling in the morning. I'm a lot calmer and haven't killed anyone ;)"

Ruthywhiff December 19, 2015

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Insomnia: "After trying everything else, Trazodone has been a blessing for me to fall asleep and get a good nights sleep."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 15, 2015

For Depression: "I was put onto Trazadone (started on 50mg then 100mg after 2 weeks) after having 3 months of citralopram which was not working for me. The trazadone has 100% helped my sleeping as I was only sleeping 1-2 hours per night. As for my depression it seems to helped so far, I'm still having episodes lasting 2 days to a week however these are a lot less frequent. Trazadone has helped my anxiety however I do still suffer from bouts of anxiety at least once a week (again better than before the trazadone). Personally I think that trazadone is great for treating sleeping problems, anxiety and depression and hopefully I will see even better results the longer I take it for."

Deb96 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 15, 2015

For Anxiety: "My daughter (age 12) tried Lexipro for severe anxiety (school refusal etc.) The Lexipro made her hallucinate black blobs and become depressed in addition to anxious. The root of her problem was ADD/Dyspraxia and a Reading Disorder that led to numerous negative school experiences. After researching different medications, her PCP and I zoned in on Trazodone to help her sleep and relax. It changed my daughter's life. This med, in addition to a nurturing and small private school has made a huge difference. She's not only functional but she is happy--no more meltdowns--and she thrives socially and academically. (She is 100 lbs and takes 1.5 tablets each night.)"

HQ (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 15, 2015

For Anxiety: "I've been using this drug for about 4 months to help combat insomnia and anxiety, and it works, but not in the best way... For insomnia, this is the ONLY drug that manages to knock me out for about 8 or 9 hours straight, but when you wake up the next morning, prepare to feel groggy and disoriented for at least 5 hours the next day, which is way to long to feel this way, IMHO. For anxiety, you don't feel ANY anxiety while on this drug, but that's because this drug makes you so groggy and tired that you can't really think of anything while on this drug. My advice, take this drug ONLY occasionally, not every night like I did. I'm quitting this drug tonight."

ihatetrazadone4life (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2015

For Insomnia: "Alright guys! If you are thinking about starting the use of Trazodone for your insomnia, Go ahead and take it without a second thought. Definitely changed my life a 100 times better. I was having mild insomnia, but it then progressed to severe insomnia and I had to break the loop. Natural supplements don't do the trick when your body is used to sleeping so less. Take Trazodone and slowly wean off when your body starts sleeping better. And yeah, no side effects (1st week was bad headaches and grogginess but they go away). "

adilmd December 13, 2015

For Insomnia: "I am very sensitive to drugs. So I was put on 25 megs of Trazadone. It worked for about a week then I got very sensitive to it and it knocked me out. My eyes and nose hurt and I was very tired. So I had to go off it. I ended up in a crisis center until things settled down. This drug did not do good for me."

Fancy Feather (taken for less than 1 month) December 13, 2015

For Sedation: "Hate this medication i have been on ambien in the past but where I'm from Nebraska it is not considered a controlled substance but in Louisiana I guess it is. I slept great on ambien I've been put on 100 mg of trazadone it does nothing for me I think I slept a total of 3 hrs last nite. That and the fact I've come off pain pills for my back cuz my new "dr " doesnt believe in prescribing narcotics I'm constantly in pain and now that I moved here and spent over a week in hospital I've also been on dr release from work to find out I got terminated from my new job plus now I guess I have congenital heart failure and lung disease it definitely hasn't been a good experience here overall tho I love the area as do my kids, but if I don't find a job quickly who knows what will happen"

abbenco December 7, 2015

For Insomnia: "Over the course of my regular meds. I found Tranzadone to be less effective. 50 mg dose gave me strange and odd dreams. When my psychiatrist up the dosage to 150 mg. of Trazodone dreams got even Weirder and felt like my dream was more of a reality. Go Figure"

JAGUARELISE December 5, 2015

For Insomnia: "Been taking trazodone for about 5 years, but in the past two years have had severe cough about 10-20 minutes after taking 50mg. It works for sleep, but the cough is definitely a bad side effect. Not worth taking."

EVIDI December 4, 2015

For Insomnia: "I found out how to avoid the night mares that most sleeping pills cause. I take melatonin with 50 mg of trazadone and it allows me to sleep and wake up refreshed."

Anonymous December 4, 2015

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I have had bouts of severe and at times crippling anxiety for over 20 years. Though I mastered recognition of severe anxiety and can skip the ER realizing I cannot die from a panic attack, the effects would still bring me physically to my knees. I failed to respect the source of anxiety: depression. However, the SSRIs out today like Zoloft, etc, are bad on your brain and totally destroy your libido. You eventually are robbed of sleep and the problems spiral: blood pressure, obesity, apnea. Trazadone solves both problems for me, mental depression, physical insomnia. Side effects for me are: muscle spasms/weakness, balance problems, dry eyes, left side throbbing headache and some mania. Hopeful for the future."

Kevroy DC December 3, 2015

For Insomnia: "this is the first time in 2 years I can actually sleep. I need to take it one hour before and the only time I wake up during the night only to go to the bathroom but once I lay back down I'm off to sleep. normally I would be up all night tossing and turning"

soliander (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 30, 2015

For Depression: "My upper eyelids seem to swell from this. What is this from?"

Sarahdschultz November 28, 2015

For Insomnia: "I've been taking 100mg of Trazodone for four months now. At first it worked great in helping me sleep. Now I'm noticing that the side effects are worst than insomnia itself. I now have vertigo, migraines, fast pounding heartbeat, vision changes and no libido at all. It sucks"

Sleepyheaddd November 28, 2015

For Insomnia: "I have C-PTSD and have had terrible insomnia since I was 12 years old (I'm now 28), and Trazodone has been a true life saver for me. It's hard to cope with the PTSD-related flashbacks and anxiety in general, but everything was a million times worse when I could not sleep. I've been taking trazodone for about 3 years now and I am still amazed at what it feels like to actually sleep through the night and wake up feeling well rested and clearheaded. I'd been on dozens of other drugs and this is the only one that helped me to sleep and it makes me feel able to cope with the rest of my problems. It has been a miracle drug for me."

Eden87 November 24, 2015

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Sedation: "I've been taking trazadone for almost three years at different doses. I started out at 50mg, then100 and now take 150mgs. I%u2019ve taken some kind of sleeping pill on and off for 18 years but recently became dependent on them because of family deaths, relationship issues and post natal depression. Trazodone works for me but it gives me horrible nightmares so I have to wake up two to three times a night. I feel groggy the next day and my memory has declined. I also experience extreme anxiety. I don%u2019t know if trazodone is the cause. All in all, I would rather deal with the side effects than live with insomnia."

Kanyoni (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 24, 2015

For Insomnia: "I am on 150mg 2 times a day. It doesn't work for me. I can't sleep. Been taking it for almost a month."

Mitisie November 23, 2015

For Insomnia: "I've been taking trazodone 50 mg, as prescribed by my doctor for both depression and minor insomnia, for about three weeks now. She said it would affect my dream state.. that it would make my dreams nicer. It definitely has effected them, in that they've been totally crazy and all over the place! Not necessarily bad but there is a lot of action happening in my subconscious, sometimes I wake up in a cold sweat because it can be pretty stressful. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this with trazodone? I take it about an hour before bed. Very groggy in the morning if I get up before 10, hoping I'll get used to it? I'm a 24 yr old healthy female."

P. A. Weimer (taken for less than 1 month) November 23, 2015

Desyrel (trazodone) for Fibromyalgia: "This medication does not do anything for my fibromyalgia pain, it does lessen anxiety and treats insomnia. I was given six different sleep meds, none of the them worked. My sleep study showed 15 minutes as the longest period of of sleep that night. I went 6 days with only 2 hours on night 3. I thought I was going crazy. I can't explain how it feels to go that long without sleep. This medication was the one that finally knocked me out and kept me out. The problem is I sleep too long when I take it. The have fibromyalgia & multiple disc issues and bursitis in my hips. if I do not turn over frequently my back and hip pain increase radically. I slept like I was in a coma for 8 hours. I only take when sleep is more important than pain relief"

Kristy 1633 November 22, 2015

For Insomnia: "Absolutely horrible. Took one at 2 o'clock in the morning from my mother to help me sleep. It knocked me out but I remember 15 minutes after I took it I started to feel very odd in my eyes would not relax. I woke up in the morning with extremely red bloodshot eyes and a extremely horrible painful headache and I felt weak and dizzy. I have been laying in bed all day and my headache is still not gone and it is 10:39 PM. I do not recommend this medication."

Lindseylouwhoo November 19, 2015

For Insomnia: "Apart from a dry nose and a few nosebleeds, I feel great. Within ten minutes after taking it I'm out like a light, and stay out for at least 7 hours. I'd reccommend it to anyone, though of course, all meds work differently for different people."

Asbel (taken for less than 1 month) November 18, 2015