User Reviews for Trazodone

Also known as: Desyrel, Desyrel Dividose, Oleptro

Learn more about Trazodone.

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome 5 reviews 2 medications

Headache 2 reviews 205 medications

5.5
Summary of Trazodone reviews 453 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Trazodone

For Sedation: "works great for me to get to sleep, however I still can't sleep through the night"

johndcravens (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 30, 2015

For Insomnia: "I have been taking Trazodone for over 10 years, I started on 100mg and went down to 50 when I tried it and found that it worked just as well. I never used to sleep at night, with trazodone I consistently sleep through and have never had to increase the dose. I stopped taking it for a few months and was ok but went back on it when I started waking up in the middle of the night. I haven't noticed any side effects, my allergies do seem to be worse at night so maybe the trazodone affects them but when my allergies are not bad I don't have any sinus problems with trazodone, I also take zyrtec at night for allergies"

nickname not in use (taken for 10 years or more) August 26, 2015

For Insomnia: "Trazadone is without a doubt the BEST drug I've taken for sleeping issues. <10min from ingesting, I'm out....like a freakin light. Absolutely unconscious until my alarm goes off. I never feel groggy or Ambien-like. Its the perfect med with no drawbacks. Simple as that."

Anonymous August 25, 2015

For Insomnia: "I've been on Traodone since 2005 100mg at bedtime. I need to find something else! I was also on Lyrica, Trazodone causes me to sleepwalk and I apparently go in the kitchen every night and "graze"! I have gained 45lbs and I am so frustrated! I get maybe 3 hours sleep and by the time the weekend hits I so tired that I have no energy to do anything!"

darksdeebar (taken for 10 years or more) August 25, 2015

For Insomnia: "I have had problems with insomnia for years. After 8 years of taking Ambien, which worked great for several years, I built up a tolerance and asked my doctor about switching medications. He prescribed Trazodone, and after reading reviews, I had high hopes for the medication. Unfortunately, it did little to help my insomnia and left me with severe congestion and a headache. After 4 or so hours I would wake up with my mind racing and was unable to sleep. My doctor added klonopin. I feel asleep quickly but rarely got more than 4 or 5 hours of sleep a night. Very disappointed."

Love2sleep August 23, 2015

For Sedation: "After taking Ambien for a few years, it wasn't working at all. Trazodone has been very effective. I no longer dread trying to go to sleep. It may take a few days for it to work so don't give up on it. I can't believe the change it has been in my life. Cutting a 50mg in half. A cup of coffee in morning and no groggy feeling. It may be just from getting a decent night's sleep but I have more energy during the day! Last night I sleep through a terrible storm...I recommend giving it a few days to work, especially if switching from Ambien overnight. Only thing I'm not sure about is it says to take with food...who eats right before going to bed? I've tried to eat a few crackers with it, but most nights I forget."

stlsleeplest (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2015

For Anxiety: "Having battled anxiety and insomnia for years, and not wanting to take an addictive drug, trazodone has done wonders for me. I take 200 mg a half hour before bed and then light's out for 8 hours. I used to wake up groggy but that went away after three weeks. Best sleep aid I have ever had. Now, no more anxiety."

SleeplessinCT (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 21, 2015

For Insomnia: "100mg knocks me out. My problem is that it only lasts 4 hours. Not the kind sleep I was looking for."

yard4hill (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 20, 2015

For Insomnia: "Makes me feel like I have Hay Fever. Dry sinuses, dry eyes, and dry mouth. I have had chronic insomnia ever since I was 9. Tried Zolpidem but it only works for 3 hours, Lunesta only for about 1.5, Xanax (worked for a while but found myself becoming dependant), and this which not only doesn't help me sleep for jack but also makes my wakefulness even more unpleasant. Tried dosages from 50mg to 250mg. Gonna ask my doc about Zolpidem ER. This stuff sucks."

Otimmyrules August 18, 2015

For Insomnia: "100mg, 1st time, throat became extremely Y dry to the point that I could not contact my tonge to the roof of my throate to aid in swollowing. After several hours, bad symptoms subsided. Bad bad med"

Frisbeeone August 18, 2015

For Depression: "In the beginning, I felt no Difference. After two weeks Or 10 days, I felt the medication working, it help me relax , fall asleep, anxiety And anxious."

Starr0327 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 16, 2015

For Insomnia: "I have been taking Trazodone for a little over about 2 months now. I had been having trouble going to sleep at night and my doctor recommend Trazodone. I am 26 female, probably 98-100 lbs. My doctor put me on 150 MG. This medicine worked out great to begin with. But then one night I had a really bad episode. My blood pressure dropped dangerously low. I had went to the kitchen to get myself a drink to take back to bed with me. And I couldn't even make it back to the bedroom. I dropped my drink on the floor and became real weak , light headed dizzy and hot. I was so weak I had no control over my body. My legs wouldn't hold me up. I even blanked out a few times."

Liz_Mary August 15, 2015

For Insomnia: "I was prescribed trazodone 50 milligrams of a week ago and I have to say that this works wonders! I never wake up groggy and always sleep completely well. I used to be on xanax one milligram, but I definitely like trazodone better"

Need sleep2 August 13, 2015

For Insomnia: "I had really fast heart rate and it seemed to wake up my mind with lots of thoughts. Also sinus headache "

Caparker345 August 13, 2015

For Insomnia: "Lowers nightmares and promotes straight through sleep that is more deep sleep than what can be gathered with insomnia without medication. Highly recommend for sczophrenic patients in my experience due to trazodone does not promote hallucinations. I do not suffer from anxiety or feelings of fear when waking."

askmydragonfly (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 11, 2015

For Insomnia: "1. Ambien caused me to get up in the middle of the night and fix breakfast feasts without giving me any real sleep. 2. Now taking TRAZODONE 50 mg and sleeping like a baby rock."

lakhota August 5, 2015

For Insomnia: "I've suffered insomnia for the past 2 years, the doctor wanted to take me off Ativan, since I've been taking for a few months now. I could not get any sleep at all, when I did get to sleep, I would have nightmares. It did not work at all."

Ed-y August 4, 2015

For Sedation: "My head spins with overactive thoughts at bedtime causing insomnia. Ambien worked, but changed to Trazadone 100mg. I fell asleep quickly, but woke up feeling dizzy, as if hungover. The feeling lasted throughout the day. I didn't like the lingering feeling, so I halved the dose, 50 mgs. Same side affects, felt drowsy and dizzy in the morning. I will go back to using Benedryl, as it didn't give me the Zombie feeling like Trazadone. (Xanax worked for me, but I didn't want to get addicted to it, so I don't take it.)"

58&meh July 29, 2015

For Insomnia: "I read a lot of reviews for trazodone on this web site. It has very different results for different people. I thought I would give my experience. My dosage is 200mg. It works extremely well at least 97% of the time. I experience no side effects. On the very rare occasion that I don't sleep, it's usually because of some other external reason, such as pain from a broken hip and leg from an earlier accident. I consider it a great medication for sleep since most other sleep meds have a quite large chance of becoming addictive. I hope this helps."

cubic_inch (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 27, 2015

For Insomnia: "Trazodone 50mg tablets has been wonderful to help my insomnia. I had been prescribed Ambien: It caused me to sleep walk. Trazodone gives me 7-8 hours sleep without any problems. I do not used it every night only when I have very difficult times sleeping. It works wonders for me."

Happygirlnow July 26, 2015

For Insomnia: "My doctor prescribed me 50 mg of this medication. It worked for the first 3 days, now it doesn't work at all. I contacted my doctor and she said my body has to get use to it. What does that suppose to mean. Do any one have any suggestions on what I should do?"

Synovia Bias July 26, 2015

For Insomnia: "They are real good for sleep. All I need is 1/4-1/2 of pill or I can't wake up."

Mamamilz (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 23, 2015

For Sedation: "I just started this medication a few months ago to get off klonopin. It gives me insomnia as soon as I pop one. When I finally get sleep it's bad dreams I don't feel rested when I wake up. I've never felt shittier."

Yo sup (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 22, 2015

For Insomnia: "I am a 57 year old woman. Had been on Ambien for years. Finally got to the point where I was waking up several times and eating all through the night. Have fought weight issues my entire life so could not deal with the ongoing weight gain, not to mention being perpetually exhausted. I then tried Temazepam which worked for a few weeks but then I started waking up during the night. My doctor recently prescribed Trazodone 50 mg. The first three nights were horrible. It took me forever to go to sleep and I woke up every few hours, tossing and turning. The past three nights I have slept better than I have in years. 7 to 8 hours a night!! No groginess in the morning. Feel rested and happy. I'm in heaven!!"

Sleepless in KY (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2015

For Sedation: "Had similar experiences as many have commented on - Primary reason for use was horrid insomnia lasting over 3> months (If I snuck in two hours a night it was a blessing.) Tried all the usual stuff and some older tricks my Dr. had.... Nothing. Biggest problem was I would doze off and have beyond horrible flash-backs from 5 combat tours and a chopper crash. Shrink says my mental status is not an issue, fit and sound. Just something that's gonna be trial and error. Lunesta was the worst as the flashbacks were nightly and freaked my girlfriend out to the point the relationship failed. Have NO idea why this works for several friends (civilian) and I think it's a placebo. Switched exercise hours, diet. Just did not work for me.."

Fried Marine (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 12, 2015