Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Trazodone

Also known as: Desyrel, Desyrel Dividose, Oleptro

Learn more about Trazodone.

Headache 1 reviews 234 medications

Major Depressive Disorder 0 reviews 44 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Trazodone reviews 308 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Trazodone

Review by Gutter Ball James: User Rating:

trazodone for Insomnia: Have been taking trazodone for about 12 yrs. now because I tend to wake up worrying in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep. It's not a knock-out medicine, so will not put you immediately to sleep, but I sleep through the night (at 200 mgs.) without any problems. This medicine has changed my life and I would not want to be without it. The dosage has been titrated up and down several times, depending on anxiety, depression, etc.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 17, 2014 4:32 PM
Review by pappyjerry: User Rating:

trazodone for Insomnia: I was very hopeful when I read about trazodone. Don't know how long to keep trying, but after three nights, I've had no relief. Started at 50mg, then 75 and finally last night, 100mgs. May have to back to estazolam, but it's only good for occasional use.

March 29, 2014 7:02 PM
Review by Tattooboy (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

trazodone for Insomnia: I have a lot of health problems (Physical, not mental). Trying to sleep some nights is an absolute nightmare. I've taken Ambien, would sleep an hour or two and then wake. I've done the other stronger Benzodiazepines (Temazepam). If you take those more than 3 or 4 nights in a row your body is addicted and you need them to sleep and your body won't let you take a nap because it wants another pill. After I weened myself off those I had a friend who told me about Trazodone. I asked my doctor and he said sure. This is the best sleep I have ever had and I never wake up groggy. IT IS THE BEST!

March 25, 2014 1:40 AM
Review by Anxiety girl: User Rating:

trazodone for Insomnia: I had a concussion as a result of a fall. I was diagnosed with Post Concussion Syndrome. I could not sleep at all. Tried everything over the counter, then prescriptions including Ambien. Nothing worked. I went to the Dr. several times and told them I needed something to make me sleep or was going to lose my mind. Trazadone 100 mg per night and I sleep like a baby. It is a miracle!

March 21, 2014 6:50 PM
Review by Gomattgo (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

trazodone for Depression: Before taking Trazodone I could not fall asleep at night, I began resorting to drinking just to fall asleep at night and that alone has it's fair share of negative consequences. Literally the first night I took a 50mg Trazodone I was able to fall asleep and stay asleep. I've been on the medication for nearly a month now and I can happily say that I can't remember the last time I've felt this great! I don't feel the need to drink whatsoever. I fall asleep within 30 minutes of taking the tablet, I stay asleep, and I wake up well rested with a much more positive outlook on life! I can't wait to see what the future holds. I strongly recommend this medication for anyone suffering from depression, anxiety, and/or sleep deprivation.

March 17, 2014 1:02 PM
Review by Big dee 800: User Rating:

trazodone for Anxiety: I just like to add that trazodone turn my life completely to happy after going through so much stress and anxiety and sleepless nights this medicine gets a 10.

March 12, 2014 9:24 PM
Review by Kathy M.: User Rating:

trazodone for Insomnia: I would feel so sleepy and go bed only to find myself still trying to fall asleep hours later. I tried everything you could buy but nothing worked. I was keeping my husband up most nights getting up and down and he finally said you have to do something. I went to my doctor and he put me on trazodone and since the very first night of taking I have had no trouble at all. I call it my miracle sleep aid and would highly recommend. It don't make you feel dopey or wake groggy. I give a 10

March 12, 2014 12:26 PM
Review by livy (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

trazodone for Anxiety: I am a tricky person for the Doctor's to treat. Lots of things they thought would be of help, were complete opposite for me..I often get the worst side effects on the list! Im 35, have battled chronic depression & anxiety since early teens..serious back & neck troubles started almost 15 yrs ago..which has progressively gotten worse, & diagnosis of fibromyalgia, & cps,& cfs. Sleeping, has always created some major anxiety for me since I was very young. I've been taking trazodone for 15 yrs, and it still works just the same, without having to increase the dose. So I get the 100 mg pills, & score them into 4's. One works to get me 7 hrs. You have to be in bed, ready to go to sleep, then take it, & give it 20-30 min. I PROMISE SLEEP.

March 10, 2014 2:05 PM
Review by ladygoodie: User Rating:

trazodone for Insomnia: I have been taking trazodone for 3 weeks.I have been confused and can't comprehend. I don't like the fact that you have to take this medicine with food because I don't eat after 7:00 pm.And still not sleeping through the night.

February 28, 2014 5:38 AM
Review by lovscrttrs (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Desyrel (trazodone) for Fibromyalgia: I have had insomnia related to my fibromyalgia for sometime. When my doctor suggested I try trazadone I was skeptical. Now I never want to be without it. It has done wonders for my sleep and the quality of my sleep. No grogginess or trouble waking up. I would recommend it for those that have trouble both getting to sleep and staying asleep.

February 19, 2014 1:24 AM
Review by I can finally sleep! (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

trazodone for Sedation: My mind is going 1,000 mph all the time - especially when I try to sleep. My doctor prescribed 50 mg pills and told me to split the tablet in half and take at night before I go to bed. WOW! What a great relief! I CAN SLEEP without the side effects of Ambien!(I took Ambien for a short time and never remembered the things I did!). I recommend this to anyone who wants to get a good nights sleep and not feel drowsy when you wake up. Instead of only getting a couple of hours of sleep a night, I can usually get 6-7 now!

February 17, 2014 12:43 PM
Review by JoAnn123 (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

trazodone for Insomnia: I have been taking Trazodone off and on, more on since 1995. My dose has always been 1 or 2 @ 150mgs. I would never change. I have DDD, DJD, arthritis, muscle spasms, chronic pain, COPD, asthma, CFS, and nerve damage. What can I say. My mind never turns of. When I tried to get help, I was told it could not be done. I was on a muscle relaxer and my insurance wanted me to try something else, so now I wake-up in the middle of the night. I am also on Oxycontin 40mgs for pain, trazodone has been a life saver. I just wish I could find away to stop pain. Just don't know what will happen.

February 12, 2014 3:57 AM
Review by Sandy Madagasgar: User Rating:

trazodone for Depression: I started this medication when I was experiencing flashbacks to trauma and I would wake up in a sweat, screaming or sleepwalking. I take many other medications to help with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, depression and bipolar. It worked wonderfully well for 7 years. I stopped taking this when I got a new doctor as she wanted to lower my dose of medications. I have now been consistently having nightmares and am hitting, kicking and punching my husband at night. He wakes me to this. I feel terrible about this because my husband has been a wonderful support for the last 20 years. I want to go back on trazodone. Its the only thing that will work for me.

January 5, 2014 2:40 PM
Review by Transparent911 (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

trazodone for Insomnia: I started taking Trazodone 50mg since more than a year now. My doctor told me to only take it if I think I wont be able to sleep after a long stressful day. Sometimes I only take half of the pill which tends to work to fall asleep faster but I regularly wake up during the night and can't fall asleep anymore. I do not notice any side effects while taking them.

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 21, 2013 8:00 PM
Review by D$: User Rating:

trazodone for Insomnia: I've started having anxiety attacks about half a year ago, and have been depressed since high school, which had kept me up most nights, worrying about my heart rate. 25mg of trazodone makes me very sleepy and puts an end to racing thoughts, and has also made my uncomfortable dreams subside. I do experience some dizziness and heavy eyelids, but other than that this medicine helps a lot. Went from sleeping around 4 hours to more than 8 again. Although I cannot imagine anyone taking 300 mg of this and being okay the next day.

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 21, 2013 4:04 PM
Review by IamBrisk (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

trazodone for Insomnia: My doctor told me he takes 50mg to help me sleep while his mind relaxes after a stressful day so I have been on the same dosage for almost a month now. It really works for me. I have bladder problems and been dealing with being very anxious about some other issues as well. I have less trouble falling asleep and my mind pays less attention to the call of the bathroom. At one time I was getting up 5 or more times and now I get up about 2 times a night. I am getting more deep sleep and feeling more rested when I get up.

120 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 14, 2013 11:32 AM
Review by Teacherguy35 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

trazodone for Insomnia: I've had insomnia for years now and I finally asked my psych. for something to help me get some sleep. She gave me trazodone. I remember taking it in the way past to treat depression and I took upwards of 400 mg. Now I tried 300mg the first night and I could barely stand the next day. I tried 150mg the next night and I still felt drowzy the next day. So I said forget it. Then last night I cut the 150 Tri scored tablet into about 10mg. I slept like a rock and woke up without feeling drowzy. I feel alive and rested. I make a bunch of these small trazodones for myself and will take it until I get used to it. I give this medicine an A .

107 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 11, 2013 11:13 AM
Review by extremely tired (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

trazodone for Anxiety: I've been on trazodone for three weeks. I also take Klonopin 2 milligrams and 1 x 100 mg of trazodone. It does help with sleep no doubt. I'm a sufferer for over 16 years so this definitely works. It stops the thinking, the worrying, and eventually it knocks you out. The problem I have is that I feel so lethargic. I'm tired after sleeping seven plus hours after consumption. My eyes are red and hard to open. I want to sleep and this does the trick. However, I hate feeling tired all day. I gave it an eight because in terms of sleep and anxiety it does the job. But the side effect of feeling tired all day is unbearable.

December 9, 2013 12:58 AM
Review by Mr B. (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

trazodone for Insomnia: I used everything and including everything that end with -done. I had a shift work job for 20 years and I left it then still couldn't sleep after getting a day shift only job. Nothing worked and everything left me "Loopy" for 4 hours after I woke up. Believe it or not, Tylenol PM worked best for me!

December 8, 2013 8:01 PM
Review by DChris (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

trazodone for Anxiety: I have been prescribed trazodone for generalized anxiety disorder with insomnia. I started with 50 mg only at bedtime about for a week and now at 100 mg in a single dose at bedtime. It helped me a lot with the anxiety (it calmed me down) and also it improved considerably my sleep at night. Although the sedating activity is immediate, the anxyolytic activity takes some time to show effect and requires increasing dose. I have noticed no major side effects, except from orthostatic hypotension and some headaches mainly at the beginning of the treatment. It works well as a sleep aid, but care must be taken when you increase the dose (should be done gradually increasing the dose by 25 mg). The dose of 100 mg at bedtime works fine for me. I will continue on this dose and see how things go on.

December 7, 2013 7:08 AM
Review by BC chic..: User Rating:

trazodone for Depression: I was a basket case, I cried every day for no reason. A commercial would set me off, my emotions we're out of control and I knew it but I couldn't stop it. I couldn't sleep either. My doctor then put me on trazodone, within three days I was starting to feel like my old safe again. I was on it for years. I tried to get off but the same thing happened again, so I went back on trazodone. For me, it works. I hate taking pills but sometimes you have to.

December 5, 2013 1:35 PM
Review by T Alger: User Rating:

trazodone for Depression: After many, many years of taking Zoloft for depression, It got to a point where it was not as helpful as it once was. I visited my doctor who put me on trazodone as a booster to the Zoloft that I was still taking. In 2 weeks I noticed the difference. I no longer feel depressed and feel more like my old self again. The only side effect I have had is a little blurred vision...I'll take that any day over depression.

December 4, 2013 2:09 PM
Review by Nozzzzzzs: User Rating:

trazodone for Insomnia: Have been fighting insomnia for years. Previously on Lunesta then Ambien because of insurance approval. Ambien was no longer working after a year and I came to the conclusion it was due to dependency and I wanted to quit. My doc suggested trazodone as it is non habit forming. Tried 50mg and it knocked me out through the night and most of the next day. Horrible hangover and dizzy feeling. I layed off for a few days then cut the pill in half to 25mg and was not at all effective. Next night took 3/4 of the tab and again knocked me out and zonked most of the next day. Think I'm giving on this.

December 3, 2013 4:58 PM
Review by relieeeeeved: User Rating:

trazodone for Anxiety: I had previously tried Cipralex, Wellbutrin, Effexor, Abilify, lamotrigine, mirtazapine, and benzodiazepines for my persistent anxiety. I heard that trazodone was a "weak" antidepressant, but its anxiolytic properties work magic for me. Unlike the other medications I tried I have hardly experienced any side effects except for some grogginess in the mornings. While its sedating effects aren't strong for me (I take Seroquel/clonazepam if required to fall asleep during stressful periods), my anxiety during the day and night has subsided considerably.

December 2, 2013 10:41 PM
Review by angels11: User Rating:

trazodone for Depression: I had a near on full nervous breakdown, I had been months without sleep and suffered depression. What I do find is that if you are woken half way through the night then there is no going back to sleep. Having stayed away from home recently and forgetting to take tablets with me, I ended up staying awake all night long. Cannot sleep without taking trazodone.

November 21, 2013 6:02 AM