User Reviews for Trazodone

Also known as: Desyrel, Desyrel Dividose, Oleptro

Learn more about Trazodone.

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome 5 reviews 3 medications

5.2
Summary of Trazodone reviews 374 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Trazodone

Review by Maxbyron:

For Insomnia: Have used for 12 years for sleep. Take 400mg before bed, sometimes 500mg. I fall asleep within 15 minutes and sleep all through the night.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 27, 2015 3:38 PM

Review by FDNY (taken for 10 years or more):

For Insomnia: Excellent

February 25, 2015 10:06 PM

Review by johnwithanxiety (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Oleptro (trazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: I like it. I took original Trazodone and it made me way too drowsy but as this is slow release I take it in the morning and feel calm all day. I'm actually using it for Panic and obsessive compulsive disorder and depression.

February 24, 2015 3:49 PM

Review by Tammy Texas (taken for less than 1 month):

For Insomnia: I started out on a 100 mg.. Best sleep. Wake happy. Ready to go. I love it. Perfect for me.

February 21, 2015 8:50 PM

Review by the Warrior (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Sedation: Got pescribed this while in the hospital for mental health and substance abuse issues. Non habit forming, which is great, but I feel wicked groggy and out of it in the morning. I break the pill in half so I'm not as out of it when I wake up. The doctors advised me of prolonged erections in the morning. They were right.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 16, 2015 1:04 PM

Review by katy texas (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Insomnia: I had no side effects, or grogginess when using this 100 mg tablet.

February 13, 2015 9:49 AM

Review by safeforce:

For Depression: i have suffered with anxiety and insomina for 15 years..trazadone with mirtazapine has changed my life for the better..i give it a 10 outa 10..

February 2, 2015 7:13 PM

Review by Tool1691 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Sedation: I went to rehab for Xanax detox and they prescribe me trazadone 100mg to take before bedtime. Due to the side effect of coming off benzos and not being able to sleep this medication does me so much wonders. I take it and within 15 min I'm ready to fall asleep and wake up refreshed. I understand some other people have different opinions but it really did help me and I'm thankful for my psychiatrist prescribing it to me.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 30, 2015 2:24 AM

Review by Fearlessnomore (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety: My MD recommended I start taking 25mg at night to help with my sleep/anxiety issues. The past six months I've been battling anxiety and depression intermittently. The past 4 days have been the best since the attacks started. I really can't say enough. No side effects for me at all.

January 22, 2015 8:51 PM

Review by K1965:

For Insomnia: This is a true story. I started taking Trazodone 50 mg eight months ago when I was so stressed out because my son was addicted to Ambien I passed out at work. He was crazy on the Ambien and I was crazy worrying about him! The doctor prescribed Trazodone and I've been taking it every night since then. I don't know what I would do without it! In one nights I still wake up several times, but overall I sleep 100% better. I would love to be off of it but for this time in my life, it's been a lifesaver.

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 17, 2015 12:39 AM

Review by Marleigh87:

For Insomnia: I've been on trazodone for almost a year. I have trouble sleeping. They started me off at 50 mg...my body got used to it so they upped my dosage to 100 mg. I noticed that I felt awful in the morning. Felt like the room was spinning, I didn't want to get out of the bed and not to mention being irritable. For some reason I'm at 150mg now. I just split them down the middle but I noticed my dreams are really weird now.

January 12, 2015 7:21 AM

Review by kb78 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Insomnia: I took 100 milligram trazodone for the first time last night. It did help me sleep but I woke up with a terrible headache and around lunchtime I felt foggy and almost hungover.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 10, 2015 10:14 AM

Review by Bwcoolk:

For Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome: I took trazodone for over a year with no problems. Best sleep aid I ever had. All of the sudden it started giving me priapism. Ended up in the hospital for 16 hours and it wasn't pleasant (300 mg). I scaled back all of the way to 25 mg and ended up in the hospital for 5 hours. Now that I'm off of it, my sleeping is terrible. I have a hard time waking up. I miss trazodone. I can't find anything else like it.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 5, 2015 6:22 AM

For Insomnia: I was diagnosed with insomnia after I underwent extensive chemotherapy and was put on every other sleep aid known (Ambien, Lunesta, Edular, Intermezzo, etc.). After having a horrible side effect from Ambien which sent me to the hospital for numerous days, I was given Trazodone 25mg a night to take. I have the best results from it. When I need it, it responds great with no problems the following morning.

January 2, 2015 11:52 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Insomnia: I've been on Trazodone for more than four years. Started for insomnia during my PhD program. I'm a woman, 5-10, 170, and work out five days/week). I need between 100-150 mg to get this medicine to work, but I have never had the hangover the next morning. Most sleep aids knock me out for days - that's never been an issue with Trazodone - I would not have finished my PhD or survived my first year as a full-time professor without it.

January 1, 2015 8:30 PM

Review by Want off Ambien Trying Trazodone (taken for less than 1 month):

For Insomnia: I have been taking 10 mg of Ambien for about 4 months and I want to get off of it so my doctor recommended that I try trazodone instead. I tried 200 mg of trazodone without the Ambien and I had a horrible night. It took over 3 hours to fall asleep and when I did finally get to sleep, I had horrible nightmares. Since then, I have been taking 5 mg of Ambien along with 100 mg of trazodone and it has been all right. I go right to sleep, I sleep all night, and I only have a few vivid dreams. I want to wean myself off Ambien completely so it will just take some time.

December 30, 2014 1:17 PM

Review by PaddyC (taken for less than 1 month):

For Insomnia: I tried trazodone for the first time last night. I was prescribed to take up to 75 mg before bedtime. I took 50 mg at 9 pm and wasn't feeling tired or less anxious by 10 pm, so then I took another 25 mg. Around 11:30 pm I finally started nodding off and slept soundly until 7 am. I have tried over the counter sleeping medications and Ativan twice. I would say this medication is better than over the counter stuff and is like a milder version of Ativan. It didn't put me to sleep right away, but when it finally kicked it, it worked very well. Hope this review helps!

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 29, 2014 10:21 AM

Review by MisterDinMaryland:

For Anxiety: I have had an issue for many years where I could not shut my brain off when I went to sleep. My doctors had tried Xanax, Valium, sleeping pills (over counter and prescription) and though some worked initially they did not completely work for me. I was talking to a Psychiatrist friend of mine and they suggested that I try Trazodone. After researching it and seeing that it was an anti-depressant I was extremely skeptical and concerned about side effects. I started with 50mg at night and the first night I took it was the best nights sleep I had in a long time. I am now on 100mg at night and always have great nights sleep. The only side effect I have is vivid dreams.

December 17, 2014 9:56 AM

Review by StephanieAlice (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Insomnia: I was put on 100mg, which was far too much for me. I would be tired and in a fog the next day even after a very restful night's sleep. My doctor told me to split the pills in half and I still got the sleep I needed without the severe drowsiness the next day. Now, I don't have to take it every single night to sleep.

106 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 7, 2014 5:45 PM

Review by Megooooh:

For Anxiety: I was put on this pill 100mg for anxiety and sleep issues. After two days of taking the pills I started to have angry and violent thoughts and feelings. My sleep didn't get any better either. I stopped taking after those two days.

December 1, 2014 1:04 AM

Review by Maria_75:

For Depression: I am going to start this medication tonight and by reading these reviews I am so hopeful. Thank you to everyone who has posted the good and the bad!

November 25, 2014 2:37 PM

Review by Ophelia9 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety: I was prescribed Trazodone for anxiety, insomnia, and depression. It worked very well after the first week of the nausea and strange feelings that come with a new medicine. It helped me sleep, I was less depressed and found it easier to find things to look forward to. HOWEVER. If you are prone to side effects in psych meds, be careful. In less than two months my hair thinned to about half of what it was before. I have since quit and am taking supplements to help regrow my hair, and bathing in my own tears.

November 24, 2014 2:43 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Insomnia: I have had major insomnia for years now and nothing ever got me to sleep. Last year I was admitted into the hospital and they put me on Trazodone and it works wonders on me. I can take it at 9pm and not fall asleep until 11pm but that's because I keep myself busy and it still puts me to sleep. However when I don't take it I don't sleep, so I definitely recommend it.

157 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 17, 2014 4:23 AM

Review by Soldier67:

For Insomnia: I have had insomnia for a while now and was prescribed Trazodone 50mg about 8 months ago. This stuff knocks me out within 2 hours. Unfortunately, it is doing nothing for my anxiety and depression.

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 9, 2014 8:56 PM

Review by faeriemama (taken for less than 1 month):

For Sedation: I was prescribed trazodone 50mg while I was inpatient at the hospital. That was pretty much the best sleep aid I've ever taken apart from Nyquil, which I only take while I need cold relief too (and by the way, I've taken Benadryl for myself as a sleep aid. It's the exact same active ingredient as the stuff Nyquil makes and markets as a sleep aid. (Source: being obsessive over checking medicine labels). However! Do not ever tell your doctor what to prescribe you. Worked well for me for insomnia (co-morbids are anxiety and depression, post traumatic stress disorder.

November 4, 2014 11:49 PM