User Reviews for Trazodone

Also known as: Desyrel, Desyrel Dividose, Oleptro

Learn more about Trazodone.

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome 5 reviews 2 medications

Headache 3 reviews 241 medications

4.7
Summary of Trazodone reviews 573 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Trazodone

For Anxiety: "Great for getting to sleep and really cool dreams, however too many side effects. I didn't realize it because I was on a couple other drugs for anxiety, so I didn't know which one caused problems. After getting off it I stopped having constant a hot feeling or sweating at night, bowel problems, I thought I had some disease because I had diarrhea all day. I also felt apathy/depression. When weaning off it I felt dizzy and very confused. Had hypotension. Had trouble speaking."

Mamaluvschocolate (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2016

For Insomnia: "I began taking Trazadone to help with insomnia about two months ago. The first time I took 25mg (cut the 50mg pill in half) and it worked getting me to sleep, but left me groggy the next day. The next time I tried 12.5mg by cutting the 25mg section in half and that amount helps me get to sleep and leaves me feeling normal in the morning. I was suffering from a bad bout of 2 months of insomnia. Trazadone saved me!"

Helloandgoodbye April 27, 2016

For Headache: "I've been on this for 2 weeks after Paxil for 3 years, the crushing headache is intense. I will give it 1 more week to see if I adjust"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2016

For Insomnia: "My Dr. prescribed this for me very recently in place of Lunesta which Kaiser does not carry. Lunesta works wonders for me, knocks me on my butt without any weird feelings or tiredness or drowsiness the following day. This Trazodone does absolutely nothing for me, zero, nada, zippo! I would have much rather spent the $10 on a bottle of cheap vodka to knock my butt out. Luckily, I do still have my muscle relaxers that I can always count on to do the trick, I just never know how long......or how short, I have before I get knocked out."

Afish2000 April 25, 2016

For Insomnia: "It's tough to give an accurate rating for this drug because my 1st experience is really all I have to go on. I was prescribed this as a doctor recommendation over Ambien (which I love & will return to). My reaction to this drug was bad. I am prone to Panic in reaction to body sensations & trazodone was loaded with them. About 25 min after taking 50mg I began to feel dizzy, off balance, & had a drugged feeling. I became very edgy & worried, got a strange taste in my upper gums, my nasal passages closed up, & I experienced a spinning sensation. I personally did not react well & went to bed with a racing heart. Ironically I fell asleep & slept pretty well. Woke up once & the room was spinning. Felt very hung over the next day. Not pleasant"

Wes79 April 22, 2016

For Insomnia: "Been on 100mg of Trazadone for about 2 months. Been using it to deal with sleeplessness and more directly inconsiderate roommates who aren't very conscious when it comes to being quiet overnight. This is also in response to Wellutrin which I was on for 4 months prior for depression, which I'm sure also didn't help with sleep as it's common for contributing to insomnia. Trazadone worked well for a couple months but I now find myself getting up to urinate 2-3 times a night without having to urinate much at all after the fact, and hard to get to sleep as the temporary wake up is followed by an inability to calm down the mind. Will talk to Dr about possibly increasing dose, worked great for 2 months there, but we'll have to see..."

Captain Redface (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 20, 2016

For Sedation: "I can only get a few hrs of sleep w/o it but I get a good nite sleep when I'm taking regularly"

libra2684 (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 19, 2016

For Anxiety: "It have been effective w/all the symptoms that's associated w/anxiety"

libra2684 (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 19, 2016

For Insomnia: "this has saved me. its been a miracle. I started having horrible sleep problems about a year ago. I'm in med school. I almost failed out of school because of the insomnia. I've tried 4 meds for sleep. trazodone is the only one that works. very cheap, few side effects, I take 100 mg usually. I've been taking it for 6 months, works just as good as the day I started. no morning groginess. I still cant believe such a small cheap pill could transform my life so much. I will take this as long as I need."

medschoolstudent April 18, 2016

For Sedation: "For the longest time I have always little sleep. After being prescribed Sertraline and trazodone to help me sleep. I have noticed a big improvement in my sleeping habits. I get 9 hours of sleep and I actually stay asleep. The downside for me is that I feel tired and groggy throughout the day. Hopefully I will find a new way to not feel this way in which I will share. I take 100mg before I go to sleep"

Florencia3773 April 16, 2016

For Insomnia: "75 Mg a day and this med is much easier on you the next day then other big money designer drugs. Give your system a chance to get used to it and don't forget to get some fiber too.."

Shaky Jake (taken for 10 years or more) April 14, 2016

For Insomnia: "Trazodone is my miracle drug! I take it & within 30 minutes I feel the need to go to sleep. I have very few side effects. Mostly, grogginess in the morning. I also have to go to bed right after I take it or I get dizzy and my heart races. Those side effects done happen if I go to bed before the med sets in! I highly recommend this to anyone who had sleep issues."

Medicinereviewchick April 13, 2016

For Insomnia: "Was on Clonazepan and 5-10 mgs of ambian not great but was living. Doc switched me to trazodone. Horrible!!! Now taking 15-20 mgs of ambian to sleep not suppose to be taking any. Life sucks right now."

Deno 77 (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2016

For Insomnia: "I was on ambien for the longest time, but it gave me wicked side-effects with night time blackouts. I would fall asleep on my couch and would wind up texting people and surfing the internet, then would wake up the next morning in my bed with no clue on how I got there. Dr. switched me to trazadone 50mg. At first I felt like they didn't do much compared to ambien, but after giving it a few months, it really helped keep me asleep. Dr. bumped my rx up to 100mg but now it gives me crazy dreams and I wake up 2-3 times a night. I might bump it down to 75mg and see if that helps out on the level of crazy dreams and night time waking. The night waking might also be because my husband is a light sleeper and wakes up in middle of night to pee."

SleepyMomma April 8, 2016

For Insomnia: "I've been taking trazodone for several years now, due to menopausal sleeplessness. It works really well for me. I take it and within the hour , I'm ready to sleep. I stay asleep most nights. I take cellexa for depression. I feel great!!! I highly recommend both drugs."

Lels April 7, 2016

For Insomnia: "I was prescribed Prozac for clinical depression, the unfortunate side effect of Prozac is insomnia. So I was prescribe Trazodone. The awesome: I fall asleep within 20 min of taking it. 25mg = 4 hrs sleep, 50mg = 8 hrs sleep. If I have a potty break in the middle of the night I can fall back to sleep in short order. The not-awesome: I feel like I'm slightly drunk/high/off the next day. I mean I guess that's awesome if you don't have a job that requires critical thinking in a B2B environment, but since I do, I can't continue to take it & function at the level I need to at work."

SleepySocks (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2016

For Insomnia: "I started taking this medicine for about 3 weeks now. It works like a charm when it comes to falling asleep, but the next day i feel like a snail and i also have severe confusion. I sometimes feel high too. If anyone has insomnia like me, try something else"

rainbowdash82 (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2016

For Sedation: "I have taken 100mg for at least 10 yrs for sleep. It works great for me, a slight groggy feeling in the morning, but well worth it to have a full night sleep. I fall asleep soon after taking it. I have at times sleep walk. I will find out in the morning when I find stuff moved around, dusting supplies in the washer machine, and tools from the garage in the kitchen. But I have slept walked since I was a little girl. And it seems to only happen when I am worried about something. This drug has been around for a long time and the benefit out ways side affects for me."

Anonymous April 5, 2016

For Insomnia: "I have insomnia, it's horrible. My story begins with my PCP prescribing me Prozac to help with intestinal issues, because I was desperate I tried it, I was on it for 3 weeks. Stopped because of insomnia. Then I was prescribed Ativan, it out me out, but was very addicting. I had rebound insomnia. Then after about 14 days I hardly any sleep l tried the doctor one more time. I asked him about Trazadone. He told me that was a good medication for insomnia. He put me on 25 mgs, but stated I may have to figure out what dosage is best for me. I am currently taking 100 mgs, which is on the low range of what is prescribed, 400 mgs being at the high end for insomnia. I have the dry mouth and nasel congestion. I can live with that, I sleep now, yeah..."

Rach418 (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2016

For Insomnia: "Trazodone has been a miracle sleep medicine for me. I've been taking it for 2 years and am sleeping better than I have in 30 years. I usually take 50mg, occasionally 100mg depending on what's going on that day, about 1 hour before bedtime. I don't feel any morning side effects as some folks have mentioned, but I don't wake up to an alarm clock so maybe that helps."

55 yr old Male (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 1, 2016

For Insomnia: "My doctor gave me this for insomnia, 50 mg at bedtime. She said it was like ambien only it wasn't addictive. It definitely does not work for me and is not like ambien!!"

Genie63 March 27, 2016

For Insomnia: "over the years I've had to advise the psychiatrists I've worked with to PLEASE advise the patients to take it with a slight SNACK - take it with food. It wasn't working for me until 25 years ago a doctor told me food/snack - its been working for me for 25 years."

master sergeant March 26, 2016

For Insomnia: "My doc prescribed this pill to me for insomnia and at the time i was started out with depression. She thought this pill would kill two birds with one stone. All it did was make me feel very drowsy and groggy the next morning. Did not cure my insomnia nor depression. Not to mention everytime I took it I would get very bad nasal congestion and pressure. I didn't like this med."

Lcowan7 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 25, 2016

For Insomnia: "I was prescribed trazadone after my doxepin stopped being effective. It didn't help much. I finally fell asleep but couldn't function the next day. I've tried ambien but I sleep drove very unsafe! I'm still looking for the right med for me."

Dawnsquest March 23, 2016

For Insomnia: "Knocked me out quickly but made the morning after impossible. Much Too strong for me."

Wj Chapman March 22, 2016