User Reviews for Trazodone

Also known as: Desyrel, Desyrel Dividose, Oleptro

Learn more about Trazodone.

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome 5 reviews 2 medications

Headache 2 reviews 238 medications

5.5
Summary of Trazodone reviews 416 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Trazodone

For Insomnia: "Before my doctor suggested trying trazadone 50mg a night I was awake every hour on the hour every night. Now I take it right before bed and I sleep the whole night without a problem. I've been on it for about 3 years and don't have any complaints. It was a miracle for me"

Alexs1991 May 24, 2015

For Insomnia: "I had horrible insomnia until I started trazadone. I sleep like a baby. It has been a life saver. I can now wake up and function well at work."

happygal46 May 22, 2015

For Insomnia: "I am happy to finally find a sleep aid along with mood stabilizer all in one. I take 1mg Xanax 2x a day for anxiety. I was on ambien 10mg for sleep and it didnt work it took 20mg just to put me to sleep. My psychiatric put me on Trazadone 200-300mg at night and it works wonders. I wake up refreshed and in a better mood all in all. Im not depressed and my mood has improved drastically due to it."

Queen Cee (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2015

For Insomnia: "This one hasn't made me go to sleep at all. I am awake till 4 or 5 am then I fall to sleep."

Ed54 May 21, 2015

For Insomnia: "Trazodone was great for about 2 weeks. Slept like a "normal" person, when using 50mg at bedtime. After 2 weeks, it seemed I was getting less and less sleep, and I switched to Seroquel. Because Seroquel leaves me tired the next day, I occasionally try Trazadone from time to time. If it does help, it's often only for 3-4 hours at a time. This is at 50mg. I haven't tried 100 for awhile. Other than not working 100% much of the time, it causes me to have an incredibly bad dry-mouth. I would suggest to anyone taking this medication to bring a bottle of water with them to bed."

JustWant2Sleep (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2015

For Sedation: "I have been taking Trazodone now for over 8 years. I originally started at 50 mgs. then went up to 100 and 150. I now take 200 only because I feel I need the added boost after all these years. It works wonderfully, I sleep restfully and feel refreshed in the morning. I sometimes wake in the middle of the night but the medication puts me back to sleep right away. Nightmares is something that you sometimes experience with Trazodone. I take this medication because I once went for an entire month without sleep and I couldn't cope well. The doctor in emergency who recommended this drug saved my life. I slept like a baby the first time I took the medication and never looked back since. I'll probably be on it forever."

Sometimes Sleepless May 12, 2015

For Insomnia: "I can honestly say this medication has saved my life. For years I had been taking diphenhydramine (benadryl) and had no sleep-wake cycle and never felt completely awake. About 8 months ago I tried out Ambien and Lunesta but my doctor wouldn't let me take them for any longer than a couple weeks. Then Trazodone was recommended, and while the first night was absolutely terrible (nausea, insomnia, overslept), and I am never going back. I can take it long term, it's cheap, it makes me feel genuinely tired and not drugged tired, and I finally have a sleep-wake cycle again. It is also very calming, which helps sleep come a lot faster. I can now get up in the morning and not hate my life. Bless this drug. I don't know where I'd be without it."

orangetoday2313 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 8, 2015

For Anxiety: "Zero help with anxiety but seemed to help with hallucinations which at least was something"

ihatesupercenters (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 8, 2015

For Sedation: "This is first time a have had a generic for this med, usually I get Pliva. Not pleased with generic, prefer Pliva"

brewtongranny May 2, 2015

For Insomnia: "This medicine didn't work. It caused heart palpitations!"

gaga john April 30, 2015

For Insomnia: "I have been taking 50 mg of Trazodone for several years for insomnia. I originally took Ambien, which I liked very much, but the insurance I had then stopped paying for it, so I changed. I travel quite a bit and don't sleep in my own bed frequently, which is the reason I needed a sleep aid. Trazodone has been just excellent. I pop one pill at bedtime and get a good 7-8 hours sleep with no side effects at all. I'm not depressed and didn't take it for depression, only for sleep. It must be a generic or at least a very cheap drug, because it has never cost me much. I have no side effects, although since I'm 72 years old, I do get up slowly, bend over slowly, etc. or I will get dizzy. However, this is not Trazodone's fault, it's me!"

Bignanamary (taken for 10 years or more) April 29, 2015

For Insomnia: "I am a long haul trucker. I am not allowed to take most sleep aids. Looked into trazodone, found that its legal for me. I find that it works wonders! I sleep around 7 hrs wake up refreshed and ready for the day. I've suffered with insomnia for years so I have to say trazodone is a life saver."

truckerbob April 24, 2015

For Insomnia: "I was prescribed this a year ago after experiencing sudden insomnia. The insomnia never went away and aggravated my Bipolar II and literally put me into psychosis due to lack of sleep. At first I was given Lorazepam but decided I didn't want to stay on it forever due to dependency issues. After beginning Trazodone, I noticed an AMAZING transformation immediately. I slept like a baby. I had to up my dose from 50mg (starting dosage) to 100mg, to 150mg, to 200mg. Anything after 150mg was way too sedating for me and the hangover was pretty awful. I am back to 100mg, where I have been for just about a year now and I couldn't be happier. This medication changed my life."

C_Frailty (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 23, 2015

For Insomnia: "So last night I tried taking it. Kinda hesitant on taking it but I tried 50 mg and let me tell you, the past two weeks I've never feel asleep so fast and stayed asleep all night. I've tried everything from OTC sleep aids to natural remedies, and nothing worked as well as this. No side effects either! Gave me a good nights rest and finally after two weeks I feel like myself again.. We shall see how it works for my anxeity though."

Timmylee (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2015

For Insomnia: "I have taken Trazodone since I was 16 (I'm 25 now). I started out at 50 mg but found that 100 mg was the best for me. I honestly don't know what I would do without it. I fall asleep anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour after taking it (depending on how awake or tired I am). The only downside for me is that I literally cannot sleep a wink without taking it. I know part of it is physiological, but I have also developed a dependence over the years. I'd like to be able to sleep on my own eventually but it just works too well!"

KayRenee (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 22, 2015

For Anxiety: "I take it for sleep 100/200 mg at nite this is the only way I can go to sleep I get 4 hrs of great sleep than I start waking up but the sleep is good if I wake up to early I take 50mg more"

#1 babygirl April 19, 2015

For Insomnia: "I have been taking it few years now, i take it every night or I can't shut my brain down. I love it i sleep all night and I don't have any problems feeling droggy in the morning I swear by it. I have tried over the counter and natural and nothing worked until trazodone."

Debde April 19, 2015

For Insomnia: "I have taken tranzadone off and on for 13 years. Having a lot of stress in my life I couldnt fall asleep. It puts me to sleep in a half hour and I sleep through the night. I have been able to not take it and have no problems coming off. I have Generalized Anxiety and when it acts up tranzadone helps with the sleep issues. I honestly don't know what I would have done without it. It is also very inexpensive."

Sleeperguy April 19, 2015

For Insomnia: "I've had periods of insomnia for most of my life, they worsen when I am anxious/depressed. I started to take this about four months ago and I have been very happy with the results. I take it at night, about 1.5 hours before I want to sleep, sometimes two hours depending on how much coffee I have had during the day or how anxious I am feeling. This medication does not 'zonk' me out like most sleeping pills (it is not a sleeping pill), but my doctor thought it would work well for me without the side effects. I really never have any side effects unless I take the med too late, and then I find it a bit hard to get out of bed). I think it helps with my anxiety too, maybe that is because I am sleeping better. I take cipralex during too."

cas66 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 16, 2015

For Depression: "I take 50mg Trazodone before bed. It helps me get a full night's sleep and eases my depression during the day. I don't think I'd benefit from taking it first thing in the morning because it's a very sedating drug. I also find Trazodone to be an affective long-term pain killer. Trazodone doesn't belong to any of the common classes of anti-depressant so it doesn't kill my libido like SSRIs and SNRIs tend to do."

Uncle Scooby (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 15, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I take it for sleep quality. Its not because it makes me tired, but trazodone, (always taken in conjunction with paroxetine) makes me feel rested when I wake up. Before I started taking trazodone, I used to feel tired, lethargic, and a bit queezy no matter how long I slept."

pattiekat (taken for 10 years or more) April 13, 2015

For Insomnia: "It only took a few minutes to feel the effects after taking 2 50mg tablets. I slept very well that night with no side effects."

Smugs April 13, 2015

For Insomnia: "This was the first drug I was ever prescribed for insomnia and it worked great for 1 week and then I couldn't get more than 2 hours of sleep out of it...the side effects were pretty undesirable, as well, compared to other hypnotics that I have tried over the past year."

SayNoToTraz (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2015

For Insomnia: "My doctor prescribed this yesterday because I have had horrible insomnia. My girlfriend warned me that she had taken it years ago and it made her feel like a zombie the next day, on top of horrible nightmares. Unfortunately I had the exact same experience last night. I took the medicine at 8:30pm in hopes of being asleep by 9, 9:30 at the latest as I am up at 5am for work. Well, 12am rolls around and I am still wide awake in bed, but crazy dizzy and out of it. It did absolutely nothing to help with my mind racing. I finally fell asleep between 1am or 2am and had horrid nightmares to the point that I would wake up in a sweat, go back to sleep and have the same nightmare all over again. This morning I feel dizzy and have no focus"

klauren313 April 9, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder: "Ok. First off... Just an observation. Apparently, mental illness must occur more frequently with those of higher intelligence. Now. To review. Been on 100 mg for a week. Feeling like I'm on cocaine. Must fire/block the same receptors. A difficulty? I think not. Was on Prozac for 15 yrs off and on. Messed with my libido so badly, I truly believe it was a real factor in the breakdown of my marriage. So far, so good. I love this medicine."

foolhardysage (taken for less than 1 month) April 1, 2015