Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Trazodone

Also known as: Desyrel, Desyrel Dividose, Oleptro

Learn more about Trazodone.

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome 5 reviews 2 medications

5.5
Summary of Trazodone reviews 397 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Trazodone

Review by truckerbob:

For Insomnia: I am a long haul trucker. I am not allowed to take most sleep aids. Looked into trazodone, found that its legal for me. I find that it works wonders! I sleep around 7 hrs wake up refreshed and ready for the day. I've suffered with insomnia for years so I have to say trazodone is a life saver.

April 24, 2015 7:21 AM

Review by #1 babygirl:

For Anxiety: I take it for sleep 100/200 mg at nite this is the only way I can go to sleep I get 4 hrs of great sleep than I start waking up but the sleep is good if I wake up to early I take 50mg more

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 19, 2015 10:01 PM

Review by Debde:

For Insomnia: I have been taking it few years now, i take it every night or I can't shut my brain down. I love it i sleep all night and I don't have any problems feeling droggy in the morning I swear by it. I have tried over the counter and natural and nothing worked until trazodone.

April 19, 2015 7:17 PM

Review by Sleeperguy:

For Insomnia: I have taken tranzadone off and on for 13 years. Having a lot of stress in my life I couldnt fall asleep. It puts me to sleep in a half hour and I sleep through the night. I have been able to not take it and have no problems coming off. I have Generalized Anxiety and when it acts up tranzadone helps with the sleep issues. I honestly don't know what I would have done without it. It is also very inexpensive.

April 19, 2015 7:07 PM

Review by cas66 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Insomnia: I've had periods of insomnia for most of my life, they worsen when I am anxious/depressed. I started to take this about four months ago and I have been very happy with the results. I take it at night, about 1.5 hours before I want to sleep, sometimes two hours depending on how much coffee I have had during the day or how anxious I am feeling. This medication does not 'zonk' me out like most sleeping pills (it is not a sleeping pill), but my doctor thought it would work well for me without the side effects. I really never have any side effects unless I take the med too late, and then I find it a bit hard to get out of bed). I think it helps with my anxiety too, maybe that is because I am sleeping better. I take cipralex during too.

April 16, 2015 12:02 AM

Review by Uncle Scooby (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Depression: I take 50mg Trazodone before bed. It helps me get a full night's sleep and eases my depression during the day. I don't think I'd benefit from taking it first thing in the morning because it's a very sedating drug. I also find Trazodone to be an affective long-term pain killer. Trazodone doesn't belong to any of the common classes of anti-depressant so it doesn't kill my libido like SSRIs and SNRIs tend to do.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 15, 2015 6:37 AM

Review by pattiekat (taken for 10 years or more):

For Major Depressive Disorder: I take it for sleep quality. Its not because it makes me tired, but trazodone, (always taken in conjunction with paroxetine) makes me feel rested when I wake up. Before I started taking trazodone, I used to feel tired, lethargic, and a bit queezy no matter how long I slept.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 13, 2015 7:12 PM

Review by Smugs:

For Insomnia: It only took a few minutes to feel the effects after taking 2 50mg tablets. I slept very well that night with no side effects.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 13, 2015 12:37 AM

Review by SayNoToTraz (taken for less than 1 month):

For Insomnia: This was the first drug I was ever prescribed for insomnia and it worked great for 1 week and then I couldn't get more than 2 hours of sleep out of it...the side effects were pretty undesirable, as well, compared to other hypnotics that I have tried over the past year.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 12, 2015 8:54 PM

Review by klauren313:

For Insomnia: My doctor prescribed this yesterday because I have had horrible insomnia. My girlfriend warned me that she had taken it years ago and it made her feel like a zombie the next day, on top of horrible nightmares. Unfortunately I had the exact same experience last night. I took the medicine at 8:30pm in hopes of being asleep by 9, 9:30 at the latest as I am up at 5am for work. Well, 12am rolls around and I am still wide awake in bed, but crazy dizzy and out of it. It did absolutely nothing to help with my mind racing. I finally fell asleep between 1am or 2am and had horrid nightmares to the point that I would wake up in a sweat, go back to sleep and have the same nightmare all over again. This morning I feel dizzy and have no focus

April 9, 2015 10:19 AM

Review by foolhardysage (taken for less than 1 month):

For Major Depressive Disorder: Ok. First off... Just an observation. Apparently, mental illness must occur more frequently with those of higher intelligence. Now. To review. Been on 100 mg for a week. Feeling like I'm on cocaine. Must fire/block the same receptors. A difficulty? I think not. Was on Prozac for 15 yrs off and on. Messed with my libido so badly, I truly believe it was a real factor in the breakdown of my marriage. So far, so good. I love this medicine.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 1, 2015 6:08 PM

Review by droctagonapus:

For Insomnia: Helps me fall asleep within 30 minutes of taking it. It helps me stay asleep, too. When I wake up, however, I always get a sort of "sleep hangover." By that I mean I still feel sleepy and dizzy for a few hours after waking up. Overall, pretty good sleeping pill.

March 25, 2015 1:13 PM

Review by insomnia-guy:

For Insomnia: This is a relatively gentle sleep aid. Only time I ever had problems with it is when I accidentally put it in with my morning medications!

March 23, 2015 3:42 PM

Review by VIcki51:

For Insomnia: I have taken trazodone for about 15 years. I was started on a 50 milligram dose. During a stressful job change; I spoke with my doctor and went up to 100 milligrams. However I felt the 50 milligrams work better for me.

March 22, 2015 12:09 PM

Review by Neighbors:

March 22, 2015 12:05 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Insomnia: I have taken other medications that either leave me restless and awake all night or give me such severe hallucinations I feel like I need to commit myself. Trazodone has really helped. I get a good 6 hours of sleep. No problem with the groggy headaches after my first month on it. Dosage 100mg

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 17, 2015 9:07 PM

Review by lovinnah (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Insomnia: I have been taking trazodone for over six years at 300 mg at night. I am still not sleeping. It used to help me so much but now I have insomnia and go night after night with no sleep. I am going to increase it to 450 tonight and see if it does any good but I honestly feel like I have built up an immunity to it.

March 11, 2015 10:37 PM

Review by CateAB (taken for 10 years or more):

For Insomnia: I've been using Trazodone at 50 mg for anxiety related insomnia. I would try to sleep but I could not get my brain to shut off. It took effect within a week and I have been taking it for 20 years. My doctor is finally taking me off of it. Before Trazadone, sleep was hard to achieve. While I was on it, I got my 6 - 8 hours of sleep and woke up refreshed and ready for my coffee (only one a day).

March 11, 2015 3:28 PM

Review by HollyNoSleep:

For Insomnia: I tried melatonin. Over the counter sleep aides. Natural remedies. Staying up 24hrs. Nothing. Doctor put me on Ambien. Two weeks later at a checkup he upped dosage. A week later wasn't working at that dose. Tried Trazodone. Works like a champ. We did up my dose once but I'd often only take half. Only downside is remembering no food. Works on empty stomach. And I don't move so whatever position I drift off in, that is how I stay. Stiff in the morning.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 6, 2015 10:43 PM

Review by Dave... (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Insomnia: Worked straight away. I took 100mg just before bed. I became most sedated from 30 minutes to one and a half hours after taking it. So, this is the best window to be in bed and ready to fall asleep. After that you still feel sedated but less so. Solid 8 hours sleep every night without waking. I had some dizziness for the first couple of weeks but this faded (not completely, but mostly). It does not matter if you are sleeping, but sometimes I can feel a little dizzy during the day.

March 5, 2015 12:20 PM

Review by Maxbyron:

For Insomnia: Have used for 12 years for sleep. Take 400mg before bed, sometimes 500mg. I fall asleep within 15 minutes and sleep all through the night.

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 27, 2015 3:38 PM

Review by FDNY (taken for 10 years or more):

For Insomnia: Excellent

February 25, 2015 10:06 PM

Review by johnwithanxiety (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Oleptro (trazodone) for Major Depressive Disorder: I like it. I took original Trazodone and it made me way too drowsy but as this is slow release I take it in the morning and feel calm all day. I'm actually using it for Panic and obsessive compulsive disorder and depression.

February 24, 2015 3:49 PM

Review by JDC88 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Sedation: I started taking Trazodone, about 3-4 yrs ago, to help me get to sleep and therefore stay asleep. I started with 50mg, but am now on 100mgs. It has been a blessing, and the fact that it is a non-narcotic is important too as I have addiction and depression problems. I Take it right before bed, read for about 15-20min and I am zonked out.

February 23, 2015 11:43 AM

Review by Tammy Texas (taken for less than 1 month):

For Insomnia: I started out on a 100 mg.. Best sleep. Wake happy. Ready to go. I love it. Perfect for me.

102 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 21, 2015 8:50 PM