User Reviews for Tranexamic acid

Also known as: Cyklokapron, Lysteda

Learn more about Tranexamic acid.

Bleeding Disorder 3 reviews 9 medications

8.3
Melasma 1 reviews 1 medications

Summary of Tranexamic acid reviews 68 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Tranexamic acid

For Menstrual Disorders: "I was prescribed this medicine because of heavy bleeding due to uterine fibroids. I HATE it! It made me feel crap!! I wanted to sleep all day (though I couldn't of course) made me weak and achy. It does slow down the bleeding but it wasn't worth it with the awful side effects."

JudiDodd April 17, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders: "I have been diagnosed with fibroids. I have been bleeding for about 6 weeks now. My previous doctor had me on a hormone called megstrol. I worked for the first month and then stopped. my bleeding is out of control. I am no my 3 day of the lysteda. I could tell a difference right away. the bleeding slowed to the point of almost stopping. I started to become a little heavy today before I took my first dose. I hope that this helps with the bleeding and stops it."

Angie burton April 17, 2016

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menorrhagia: "As a practitioner I have found Lysteda to be quite effective in the short term but many insurances do not cover it. In women who do not desire future childbearing and have a normal uterine shape (no huge fibroids) I have found office cryo (freezing) ablation to be as effective as hospital based electrosurgical or Heated fluid (hydrothermal). It takes about 20-30 minutes with simply a local anesthetic cervical injection and preprocedure Ibuprofen, Valium (5 mgs) and Percocet (one at home, one on arrival). The average patient pain assessment is 2-3/10 and 80% of women have no flow to what everyone else considers normal. Please ask your own practitioner about it.. It's called HerOption and I have no financial interest in the company"

skdoc1 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 14, 2016

For Menorrhagia: "I started my period at 8 years old and it's always been a nightmare. I would have such heavy periods that I didn't go to school for the first three days. I eventually had to become homeschooled due to period. I had cramps that sent me to the hospital and could never hold anything down. I've been to so many doctors who just put me on birth control which made me gain weight and feel very nauseous. It worked, it stopped my period but of course that's not healthy. Ten years later I still have the same symptoms however, a doctor gave me the holy grail combination. She told me to mix ibuprofen and tranexamic acid together for the first days. This combination, is amazing.Only take at the first sight of bleeding it can push it back."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 12, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders: "I have 20 large fibroids that have come back after two my surgeries. I have just started taking these tablets and what a huge difference it has made to my life. I can now leave the house and no more flooding. I can sleep though the night without getting up multiple times to change. No more large clots. If you bleed to death every month, get these tablets!"

Sezzie (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2016

Cyklokapron (tranexamic acid) for Bleeding Disorder: "I was recommended this tablet a week ago and all its done is made the bleeding worse, going back to doc tomorrow ..... I fear something is terribly wrong .... Wish I had the positive experiences being shared."

Nix25 March 22, 2016

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menorrhagia: "I had to write a review to sing the highest praises for this medication! I am 48 years old and have PCOS. My current menstrual cycle started 14 days ago....as a normal cycle then increasingly became heavier and heavier. Just like the other women have posted, I was soaking tampons and pads within two hours with no end in sight. I just finished my third dose and I had my last sanitary napkin on for almost four hours before I needed to change it and it still was not full!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can face the world again and I am starting to feel like myself!!!!!! I am scheduled for an ultrasound but I will deal with those results when the time comes....for now, I am thankful for Lysteda!"

Jakqua March 15, 2016

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menorrhagia: "My periods were extreme bleeding/large and numerous blood clots to the point of anemia from fibroids that would affect whether I would leave the house. I was using tampons and sometimes layering 2 pads next to each other and it still was not enough. I hate taking medications, but felt I was to the point that I needed to try something. I took Lysteda (2pills/3xs a day)for my first time, it was amazing. Only used a tampon and light pad. Other periods after, bleeding was cut in 1/2. Side affect: occasional headache. Lets me manage periods while I prepare for uterine artery embolization."

39 year old mom (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 7, 2016

Cyklokapron (tranexamic acid) for Bleeding Disorder: "I am 49yrs young and was prescribed this med. for long lasting, extremely heavy, clotting periods, at my wits end the Dr prescribed 2 tab (TDS) 3x daily, its has been 24hours now, what an improvement!! I noticed improvement overnight I went from using super pads every 2 hours to a panty liner today, no side effects (as yet).. what a relief, I wont use it all the time but its good to have hand when need."

wolfberry March 4, 2016

For Menorrhagia: "This medication was found to be the reason why I had a stroke! They cleared me for all other reasons and all the doctors confirmed it was this medication. Please proceed with caution."

Lorri T (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 3, 2016

For Menorrhagia: "I am 49 and have been dealing with heavy periods most of my life (soaking through a super every 1-2 hours, sometimes less). Month 1, day 1 - I only took 1 pill because the directions on my bottle were wrong. It seemed to take an accumulation of several doses for it to work for me, but I did only take it 2 days and I only bled for 2 days and it was rather light! :) This month, it is day 2, and we'll see what happens, but day 1, I had to changed my clothes 6 times!! :( I realized I only took 2 doses & not 3 though. Dose requirement seems to vary a lot from person to person."

Sybrash (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 15, 2016

For Melasma: "*WARNING* I Decided to try this medication for treating pigmentation. Unfortunately I have haven't been on the course long enough to see the improvement. But have experienced side effects, of extreme tiredness, foggy-ness, light headedness, depression along with a swollen lip and hyper sensitivity of my thyroid etc.... and its only been 10 days of use. I am putting this out there that people need to be extra cautious with this drug. For me personally I don't think its worth the effect it brings onto your body, Along with other horror stories I have read In the reviews, I won't be taking this drug lightly. "

Curiosity Cat January 31, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders: "Please be sure not to always trust advice given by a general pract. I begun taking the medication as I suffered heavy periods. I have now no periods . I have now severe health problem as my ovaries are effected from the medication . Also causing slowing and muscular problems speech and trouble thinking . Also tiredness most times not wanting to wake up. I am thankfully a mother but I did not think this could effect my chance in the future for more children. It completely stopped my periods and ruined my hormone levels. My count is so bad the effects are scary. Cyst have been a major cause of stomach pain and depression ."

what to do now . (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 18, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders: "My periods were getting worse. To the point I was flooding a super tampon in less than an hour and it was like a tap with clots the size of 50p. I have taken once month last month. 3 days two tabs 3 times p/d. This month I have to take them but now I am 8 days late on my period. I already have fertility problems and had my left tube taken out 3years ago for the best interest of my health. I am 32 and had two long term relationships. I've never used contraception with my 2 partners and have never conceived. I am awaiting further diagnosis from my gynaecologist. Just wondering has anyone else's cycle stopped completely taking these tablets?"

Lottery (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2016

For Menorrhagia: "I've been on this medication for about a year, and it has saved my life, and kept me from needing an ablation. Before taking it, I could barely leave the house for 24 hours each month. Now I take 1 pill every 8 hours for a day and a half...and I can function again. I can work, and I can go out and see friends. The only side effect that I have is mild dry mouth. The pills start working in about 40 minutes, and I can see a difference right away. They started working the very first month I took them, and have worked every month since. Thank God for this medicine. It's been a total game changer."

RC43 January 8, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders: "Have used it before and it works great for my heavy menstrual bleeding"

Juicycdm December 11, 2015

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menstrual Disorders: "I am very pleased with Lysteda. My OBGYN prescribed this med for my heavy periods I've been suffering with since I had a tubal ligation in 2007. I have just completed my first cycle and I pleased to say I FINALLY HAVE A LIGHT TO REGULAR FLOW PERIOD. THANK YOU FOR THIS MED..LIFE SAVER!"

Chanelley (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders: "Bleeding heavy after having coil fitted, stopped bleading straight away after taking first 2 tablets but second day taking tablets got severe itching on neck and chest bit scared to take anymore now"

legs42 November 28, 2015

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menstrual Disorders: "Works very well for heavy bleeding during menstrual cycle."

LenaBolden November 16, 2015

For Menorrhagia: "I can't say enough about this drug. I've been on it three months now. Before taking this my periods were so bad that the first couple nights of my period, I'd wake up and, despite having the heaviest duty pads, the sheets would be soaked. I would change pads at least every hour or two during the first couple days. Now I take two pills a day, one at night and one in the morning and I am using very light pads with no accidents. The downside is that I do feel a bit of nausea and have slight headaches while taking these pills. Also, I do seem to spot for about a week after my period would usually end. The bleeding was just so awful though that I am willing to live with these side effects. It really works and it works fast."

SuzieQWho November 15, 2015

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menorrhagia: "I've suffered with heavy periods for the past couple of years. I wanted to make sure that I considered all options before choosing surgery. This medication is great, but has some side effects. For me, I have headaches and diarrhea while on this medication and a few days after my cycle has ended. I also found that my cycle last longer when I take this medication. At this point, I've opted to contend with 2 days of heavy bleeding and with a cycle that last 4-5 days, as opposed to taking the medication with extended periods, headaches and diarrhea; that could last 8-9 days. The plus/pro of the medication is that my periods are lighter when I am taking the medication, however it stays on much longer."

Sabrina0826 November 4, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders: "Went to see my doctors about my extremely heavy periods, and was given pill after pill after pill but nothing seemed to help slow the bleeding down. I have now been on Tranexamic Acid for over 3 months and have experienced a few side effects. Some being more painful aches to joint and muscle pain. I have 2 periods a months and Dr's do not seem to care about the fact it gets so bad it is ruining my clothes, bed sheets and furniture. But theses tablets have made my normal coloured period into a funny black/grey 5 days! With huge blood clots and it seems to be getting worst. I am coming off the pills after this period and thinking of the coil."

GirlyProblems (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 18, 2015

For Menorrhagia: "I took the medicine for two cycles. The first time only for two days and the second only 3 doses.. Not a fan of medication so I was trying to take as little as possible.. It took away the extreme heavy bleeding so I was happy with it . I was hospitalized last week due to a bad pain in my side what I thought was appendicitis and after a cat scan and a few days in the hospital I was diagnosed with ischemic colitis which they believe was caused from this drug..so I of course would never take it again. Wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience."

Danamustard October 14, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders: "My doctor just prescribed this medication for me to use until my surgery. I am to take two 650mg tablets up to 3 times daily as needed. It is to be taken only during my menstrual cycle and not to exceed 5 days. I am always nervous and reluctant to take new medications. Yesterday I took my first dose when I was experiencing an extremely heavy menstrual flow and was getting very faint. I did not expect it to work so quickly! I saw a reduction of blood flow very quickly. I have taken only two more doses and I am still pleasantly surprised. I have noticed absolutely no side affects. "

KarK September 23, 2015

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menstrual Disorders: "First day on this med and I didn't expect it to work as fast as it did. Usually on my first day of my period I bleed so much. But even after taking the first two pills I saw the difference in blood flow. My last two pills for the day still I saw a significant decrease in blood flow. I didn't have any side affects at all my first day and time using this and hope that continues. So far this is the best medication for me and I'm happy."

kiki109 September 8, 2015