User Reviews for Tranexamic acid

Also known as: Cyklokapron, Lysteda

Learn more about Tranexamic acid.

Bleeding Disorder 1 reviews 8 medications

8.6
Hemophilia A 0 reviews 42 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Tranexamic acid reviews 41 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Tranexamic acid

For Bleeding Disorder: "I must say that after 1 year of extremely heavy periods, I honestly didn't think that taking these pills would help. I was using about 70 pads per cycle. Today is my 2nd day and the bleeding has slowed down by at least 75%. I don't usually comment, but I figured I should just in case someone is looking for some relief. I feel so much better already. Hope and pray it continues.."

gina618 June 5, 2015

Cyklokapron (tranexamic acid) for Factor IX Deficiency: "I suffer Acquired Angioedema. Ir's excellent to diminish angioedema episodes, rated at 250 mg.-daily. No side effects."

Chez, MD (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 12, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders: "Tranexamic-Acid helped stop my irregular menstrual bleeding better than anything else did. In the past the Doctor put me on the pill and then some other medicines, but none of them worked as good as Tranexamic-Acid did at stopping it and controlling it."

all good (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2015

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menorrhagia: "I have horrible periods. Horrible meaning changing a super plus tampon every one to two hours with clots 7-10 days long. This includes during the night as well. Messing up clothes and sheets on my bed. My doctor recommended Lysteda before an endometrial ablation. Two pills three times a day for five days. Started on my third day. My first week, what a joke. Reduced my period maybe 30-40? If that. Gave me headaches and caused dizziness. Thanks for nothing. Ill be having a biopsy to have an ablation instead."

Elle Bhee (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2015

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menorrhagia: "I'm 31. I've been having extremely heavy periods for about 4 years, ever since I had my Implanon removed. I have been literally going through 50 super plus tampons in a single day. I cant work when its like that. I started Lysteda two cycles ago and although its helped lower the bleeding tremendously, they have also discovered I'm no longer ovulating. Although the medicine has worked wonders, I have gone ahead and opted for the hysterectomy as the dr says its the only thing that will fix it. So, this is my last extremely painful cycle to deal with! I definitely reccomend the medication for anyone with heavy bleeding that interferes with their life the way it has mine."

naalexanderfree1983 March 18, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders: "I am 49 and have been experiencing extremely heavy and extended bleeding for several months. I do have fibroids but the bleeding has become increasingly worse each month. My doctor suggested I look into ablation a few years ago but I wasn't ready for that yet. As the periods began to get intolerable and after another recent ultrasound she suggested Tranexamic Acid to see if that helped. I began 3 months ago taking 3 pills at a time 3 times a day for 5 days on the first day. It made a difference immediately. No heavy bleeding or clotting and it ended in 5 days. This month, I am 14 days late. Not sure why. I have the symptoms but so far nothing. Not sure if it will return, hope not, but so far I have been happy with the results."

MandyMae (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 9, 2014

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menstrual Disorders: "Lysteda is amazing. I have menorrhagia caused by adenomyosis. I have dealt with disablingly heavy periods for nearly 10 years. I usually take two days off from work and wear diapers for the first two days of my period, waking up several times throughout the night to change. I also experience debilitating cramps and became severely anemic from the heavy bleeding. This is my first month on Lysteda. I just completed my third day of treatment, and this is the first normal period I have had in years - no diapers and no cramping whatsoever! My flow was so light that I only had to change my pad a few times on the heaviest day, and had no need for tampons. I highly recommend Lysteda."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2014

For Menorrhagia: "My mom and I are symptomatic carriers of hemophilia B and both have heavy periods. My mom has fibroids while I don't. Tranexamic acid has been a miracle. It stopped flooding, gushing, and anemia. We're normal women again! We have found that you can cut the dose in half and it still works. We also wait to start taking it until we're about a day into our periods to make sure we don't run out before the actual end of the period. Do not delay taking the pills on time after you begin taking them each cycle or you may gush! I'm on medicaid and had to appeal to get them to cover the cost, but they did because I can't take birth control."

cstella33 August 26, 2014

For Menorrhagia: "I have been on tranexamic acid for 4 cycles now. I was having very heavy "flooding" periods. My heaviest day I would have to stay home from work. It was overwhelming how often I would have to change a super plus tampon. My uterus is full of fibroids. My sister had the same condition and had a hysterectomy. That was before this was FDA approved. I feel so fortunate. This medicine is great. My bleeding has decreased enormously. I can sleep through the night. I don't have "flooding". I don't have to double up with super tampon plus night time pad. It is fantastic. My period longer by about 2 days, but really light bleeding. "

Dolores Church (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2014

For Menstrual Disorders: "I love this medication. I bleed super heavy during my cycle. A pad and tampon will last for an hour at most. My doctor wants to do ablation surgery, but I wanted to try the medicine first. It really reduced the bleeding, but my periods went from 9 days to 13. However, they are light days so I'm happy. For the first 4 months I got a headache with each dose, but now that has gone away."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 28, 2014

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menorrhagia: "After bleeding for almost 8 weeks half the time very heavy with many clots and the other half lighter/less clots Lysteda has helped me. I am 52 and have had two endometrial biopsies and sonohistograms. Results:thick uterine lining, and a small fibroid. After being told the only treatment was a D&C I wanted to try medication as a first line of treatment keeping surgery as the last resort. I was told to take 2 tablets three times a day. By the second dose my flow was much lighter. I am also very anemic now cause I waited too long to pursue the medication. Ladies, try it, don't wait till you're terribly anemic like me. I also have IBS and was afraid of taking it but so far so good."

Missy61 January 18, 2014

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menstrual Disorders: "I am 45 years old and have been suffering disabling heavy periods for about 6 years now. My doctor suggested ablation for my heavy periods but I wanted to try non-surgical remedies first. This medicine is AMAZING. I take 2 pills 3 times a day for 3 days (total of 18 pills). I start on the 2nd day of my period which is the heaviest. My period dries up and is over within 4 days. I have headaches on or off this medicine during my period so I cannot say for sure whether that is a side effect. I have my life back each month."

GirliegirlWA (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2013

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menstrual Disorders: "I can sleep through the night. No more getting up twice to just let it all out and clean up the mess. No more running to the bathroom every two hours because I'm leaking through. I love this."

nagmom2012 (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2013

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menorrhagia: "I tried this medicine for the first time during my last cycle. It worked immediately and drastically reduced my extremely heavy flow. However, I had headaches the first few days. This is not a usual experience. Also, I am usually EXTREMELY REGULAR. As of today, my cycle is 14 days late. I am not complaining and hope it never returns. "

changed1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 8, 2013

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Cyklokapron (tranexamic acid) for Menorrhagia: "I take Cyclokapron 500 mg 2 tabs 3 times a day for 4 days along with 2 tablets of Naproxen twice a day famotidine one tablet twice a day. I am 47 yrs old and am suffering since 2 yrs. Fibroids (stable size) but excessive bleeding requiring changes in double pads every 3 hrs! The tablets are wonderful and am very happy. Reduction in blood flow by 70%. No side effects. Have tried it for 1 cycle and plan to continue."

star 2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 2, 2013

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menorrhagia: "I am a 49 year old female that has been suffering for 2 years with painful, heavy periods due to fibroids. First 2 days always had to double up with tampon and pad both; My gyn dr. prescribed me Lysteda also known as Tranexamic Acid. Dosage is 2 tablets, 3x a day, for 5 days. It started working immediately, cutting the blood flow by 50-80%. I no longer had to double up protection and I can now sleep through the night. I still had some cramping on the 2nd day, but OTC pain relief helped that. Side effects: 1 hr after taking the pills, light headed/slightly dizzy; minor headaches (nothing unmanageable). I found the pills to be too large to swallow, so had to cut them in half or thirds. Overall I love this medication, it has given me my life back."

CactusFlower in AZ (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 1, 2013

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Menorrhagia: "So I have been on tranexamic for 4 days. I get dizzy and headaches and the bleeding has slowed but hasn't stopped. I'm on 4000mg a day."

mucky (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2013

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menorrhagia: "I've been taking Lysteda for over a year and I absolutely love it! I have fibroids and I bleed very heavily (soak a super plus tampon in an hour). With Lysteda my periods are so much better! I take 4 pills per day (morning and night) for two days and the bleeding is decreased by about 60% to 70%. I do get headaches after taking it but it's worth it."

Kande35 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 13, 2013

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menorrhagia: "I took Lysteda 2 pills 3x a day for 5 days and my period was much lighter. Extremely lighter. But then I got another period for another 5 days after no flow for 4 days and now I am having a third period this month. They are all lighter and more manageable but who wants to bleed for 15 days of the month. I am planning to try it again next month to see if my body just needed to get use to it but this month wasn't what I was expecting."

68rpm January 27, 2013

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menorrhagia: "I am on day 3 of my cycle and of taking Lysteda. I take 2 pills 3x's a day. This is my first months use and I can say without doubt I will take Lysteda as long as my doctor will allow! I am usually homebound the first 3 days of my period as I have to have access to a bathroom every 15 minutes. Not to mention the horrendous pain from cramps. Lysteda started working within a half hour of taking first dose. My flow was reduced by at least 60%. A couple of ibuprofen for light cramps and life was business as usual. I was able to go out and not worry about excessive bleeding. After more than 30 years of being imprisoned by my cycle I finally can live life again! I am so happy I just want to shout it from the top of the world! "

dpie44 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 1, 2013

126 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menorrhagia: "I have been taking Lysteda for 2 months now and it is a God send for me. I am so tired of long drawnout periods which consist of heavy flows and clotting that makes it so uncomfortable in my daily routines. The first month I had my period for a month and Lysteda finally gave me a break. The next month was heavy but as soon as I started taking Lysteda I saw improvement and was happy with results and no side effects so far. Keeping my fingers crossed on that one."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 27, 2012

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menorrhagia: "I have polycystic ovarian syndrome and heavy menstrual bleeding. The doctor prescribed Lysteda 650MG tablets. My doctor stated he only wants me to take 1 tablet by mouth once daily. He prescribed me 6 pills with 2 refills. I took one yesterday. 12/11/2012 around 3:00. All I have been doing since is spotting. I am in WOW mode because I could not believe how fast it worked. The side effect I got from it is a headache. I am not experiencing any clotting. I also take vitamins. Since I have PCOS so my periods are irregular. They started being irregular when I was 20. I have always had regular periods until I turned 20. They diagnosed me on May 11th 2012 a day before my wedding anniversary and been battling since then."

BrittBrat (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2012

For Menorrhagia: "I've been taking this medicine for about 4/5 years now and I must say, experiencing horrific periods since 11. This medicine has helped me a lot, I'm now 16 and with the help with medicine I can now socialize better knowing that I don't have to worry about leaking. However, I have had previous scares of blood clots and I'm wondering if I'm at any risk whiles taking the dosage which I have been prescribed? Although my doctor knows of these scares so I'm guessing that it must be safe."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 31, 2012

For Menstrual Disorders: "I started taking this medicine Monday and by Tuesday the bleeding had stopped. I'd got very worried because my period had come 10 days early and was very heavy. The side effects I've got are headaches and diarrhea but a small price to pay to be period free for a while."

T. K (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2012

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menorrhagia: "I have been using Lysteda for almost a year now. It really helps for my heavy period and horrible cramps. I don't take it for my entire period, only for the first few days when it's heaviest and most painful. Taking this medication has caused a few problems for me though. I used to have very regular periods and they usually lasted about 5 days. My periods are VERY irregular now, and they are a bit longer (about 8 days)."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 30, 2012