User Reviews for Tranexamic acid

Also known as: Cyklokapron, Lysteda

Learn more about Tranexamic acid.

Bleeding Disorder 1 reviews 8 medications

8.6
Melasma 1 reviews 1 medications

Summary of Tranexamic acid reviews 57 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Tranexamic acid

For Melasma: "*WARNING* I Decided to try this medication for treating pigmentation. Unfortunately I have haven't been on the course long enough to see the improvement. But have experienced side effects, of extreme tiredness, foggy-ness, light headedness, depression along with a swollen lip and hyper sensitivity of my thyroid etc.... and its only been 10 days of use. I am putting this out there that people need to be extra cautious with this drug. For me personally I don't think its worth the effect it brings onto your body, Along with other horror stories I have read In the reviews, I won't be taking this drug lightly. "

Curiosity Cat January 31, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders: "Please be sure not to always trust advice given by a general pract. I begun taking the medication as I suffered heavy periods. I have now no periods . I have now severe health problem as my ovaries are effected from the medication . Also causing slowing and muscular problems speech and trouble thinking . Also tiredness most times not wanting to wake up. I am thankfully a mother but I did not think this could effect my chance in the future for more children. It completely stopped my periods and ruined my hormone levels. My count is so bad the effects are scary. Cyst have been a major cause of stomach pain and depression ."

what to do now . (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 18, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders: "My periods were getting worse. To the point I was flooding a super tampon in less than an hour and it was like a tap with clots the size of 50p. I have taken once month last month. 3 days two tabs 3 times p/d. This month I have to take them but now I am 8 days late on my period. I already have fertility problems and had my left tube taken out 3years ago for the best interest of my health. I am 32 and had two long term relationships. I've never used contraception with my 2 partners and have never conceived. I am awaiting further diagnosis from my gynaecologist. Just wondering has anyone else's cycle stopped completely taking these tablets?"

Lottery (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2016

For Menorrhagia: "I've been on this medication for about a year, and it has saved my life, and kept me from needing an ablation. Before taking it, I could barely leave the house for 24 hours each month. Now I take 1 pill every 8 hours for a day and a half...and I can function again. I can work, and I can go out and see friends. The only side effect that I have is mild dry mouth. The pills start working in about 40 minutes, and I can see a difference right away. They started working the very first month I took them, and have worked every month since. Thank God for this medicine. It's been a total game changer."

RC43 January 8, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders: "Have used it before and it works great for my heavy menstrual bleeding"

Juicycdm December 11, 2015

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menstrual Disorders: "I am very pleased with Lysteda. My OBGYN prescribed this med for my heavy periods I've been suffering with since I had a tubal ligation in 2007. I have just completed my first cycle and I pleased to say I FINALLY HAVE A LIGHT TO REGULAR FLOW PERIOD. THANK YOU FOR THIS MED..LIFE SAVER!"

Chanelley (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders: "Bleeding heavy after having coil fitted, stopped bleading straight away after taking first 2 tablets but second day taking tablets got severe itching on neck and chest bit scared to take anymore now"

legs42 November 28, 2015

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menstrual Disorders: "Works very well for heavy bleeding during menstrual cycle."

LenaBolden November 16, 2015

For Menorrhagia: "I can't say enough about this drug. I've been on it three months now. Before taking this my periods were so bad that the first couple nights of my period, I'd wake up and, despite having the heaviest duty pads, the sheets would be soaked. I would change pads at least every hour or two during the first couple days. Now I take two pills a day, one at night and one in the morning and I am using very light pads with no accidents. The downside is that I do feel a bit of nausea and have slight headaches while taking these pills. Also, I do seem to spot for about a week after my period would usually end. The bleeding was just so awful though that I am willing to live with these side effects. It really works and it works fast."

SuzieQWho November 15, 2015

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menorrhagia: "I've suffered with heavy periods for the past couple of years. I wanted to make sure that I considered all options before choosing surgery. This medication is great, but has some side effects. For me, I have headaches and diarrhea while on this medication and a few days after my cycle has ended. I also found that my cycle last longer when I take this medication. At this point, I've opted to contend with 2 days of heavy bleeding and with a cycle that last 4-5 days, as opposed to taking the medication with extended periods, headaches and diarrhea; that could last 8-9 days. The plus/pro of the medication is that my periods are lighter when I am taking the medication, however it stays on much longer."

Sabrina0826 November 4, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders: "Went to see my doctors about my extremely heavy periods, and was given pill after pill after pill but nothing seemed to help slow the bleeding down. I have now been on Tranexamic Acid for over 3 months and have experienced a few side effects. Some being more painful aches to joint and muscle pain. I have 2 periods a months and Dr's do not seem to care about the fact it gets so bad it is ruining my clothes, bed sheets and furniture. But theses tablets have made my normal coloured period into a funny black/grey 5 days! With huge blood clots and it seems to be getting worst. I am coming off the pills after this period and thinking of the coil."

GirlyProblems (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 18, 2015

For Menorrhagia: "I took the medicine for two cycles. The first time only for two days and the second only 3 doses.. Not a fan of medication so I was trying to take as little as possible.. It took away the extreme heavy bleeding so I was happy with it . I was hospitalized last week due to a bad pain in my side what I thought was appendicitis and after a cat scan and a few days in the hospital I was diagnosed with ischemic colitis which they believe was caused from this drug..so I of course would never take it again. Wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience."

Danamustard October 14, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders: "My doctor just prescribed this medication for me to use until my surgery. I am to take two 650mg tablets up to 3 times daily as needed. It is to be taken only during my menstrual cycle and not to exceed 5 days. I am always nervous and reluctant to take new medications. Yesterday I took my first dose when I was experiencing an extremely heavy menstrual flow and was getting very faint. I did not expect it to work so quickly! I saw a reduction of blood flow very quickly. I have taken only two more doses and I am still pleasantly surprised. I have noticed absolutely no side affects. "

KarK September 23, 2015

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menstrual Disorders: "First day on this med and I didn't expect it to work as fast as it did. Usually on my first day of my period I bleed so much. But even after taking the first two pills I saw the difference in blood flow. My last two pills for the day still I saw a significant decrease in blood flow. I didn't have any side affects at all my first day and time using this and hope that continues. So far this is the best medication for me and I'm happy."

kiki109 September 8, 2015

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menorrhagia: "2 days taking 2-650mg tablets 3x/day and NO changes! Still extremely heavy bleeding and clots :("

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders: "I used to have super heavy periods, where even standing up would be an issue (now have bloodstains all around the house from leaking) and I would leak through super plus tampon and super night pad together after just an hour, now my period is 'normal' I wouldn't call it light cause it's still not light I think but it's just normal like other people's periods and I think it is FAB! and I would recommend this to any fellow lady with crazy mental periods because I've not leaked since! wooooo ((however cramps have slightly worsened))"

Lucylucylucyluuuu August 7, 2015

For Bleeding Disorder: "I must say that after 1 year of extremely heavy periods, I honestly didn't think that taking these pills would help. I was using about 70 pads per cycle. Today is my 2nd day and the bleeding has slowed down by at least 75%. I don't usually comment, but I figured I should just in case someone is looking for some relief. I feel so much better already. Hope and pray it continues.."

gina618 June 5, 2015

Cyklokapron (tranexamic acid) for Factor IX Deficiency: "I suffer Acquired Angioedema. Ir's excellent to diminish angioedema episodes, rated at 250 mg.-daily. No side effects."

Chez, MD (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 12, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders: "Tranexamic-Acid helped stop my irregular menstrual bleeding better than anything else did. In the past the Doctor put me on the pill and then some other medicines, but none of them worked as good as Tranexamic-Acid did at stopping it and controlling it."

all good (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2015

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menorrhagia: "I have horrible periods. Horrible meaning changing a super plus tampon every one to two hours with clots 7-10 days long. This includes during the night as well. Messing up clothes and sheets on my bed. My doctor recommended Lysteda before an endometrial ablation. Two pills three times a day for five days. Started on my third day. My first week, what a joke. Reduced my period maybe 30-40? If that. Gave me headaches and caused dizziness. Thanks for nothing. Ill be having a biopsy to have an ablation instead."

Elle Bhee (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2015

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menorrhagia: "I'm 31. I've been having extremely heavy periods for about 4 years, ever since I had my Implanon removed. I have been literally going through 50 super plus tampons in a single day. I cant work when its like that. I started Lysteda two cycles ago and although its helped lower the bleeding tremendously, they have also discovered I'm no longer ovulating. Although the medicine has worked wonders, I have gone ahead and opted for the hysterectomy as the dr says its the only thing that will fix it. So, this is my last extremely painful cycle to deal with! I definitely reccomend the medication for anyone with heavy bleeding that interferes with their life the way it has mine."

naalexanderfree1983 March 18, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders: "I am 49 and have been experiencing extremely heavy and extended bleeding for several months. I do have fibroids but the bleeding has become increasingly worse each month. My doctor suggested I look into ablation a few years ago but I wasn't ready for that yet. As the periods began to get intolerable and after another recent ultrasound she suggested Tranexamic Acid to see if that helped. I began 3 months ago taking 3 pills at a time 3 times a day for 5 days on the first day. It made a difference immediately. No heavy bleeding or clotting and it ended in 5 days. This month, I am 14 days late. Not sure why. I have the symptoms but so far nothing. Not sure if it will return, hope not, but so far I have been happy with the results."

MandyMae (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 9, 2014

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menstrual Disorders: "Lysteda is amazing. I have menorrhagia caused by adenomyosis. I have dealt with disablingly heavy periods for nearly 10 years. I usually take two days off from work and wear diapers for the first two days of my period, waking up several times throughout the night to change. I also experience debilitating cramps and became severely anemic from the heavy bleeding. This is my first month on Lysteda. I just completed my third day of treatment, and this is the first normal period I have had in years - no diapers and no cramping whatsoever! My flow was so light that I only had to change my pad a few times on the heaviest day, and had no need for tampons. I highly recommend Lysteda."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2014

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Menorrhagia: "My mom and I are symptomatic carriers of hemophilia B and both have heavy periods. My mom has fibroids while I don't. Tranexamic acid has been a miracle. It stopped flooding, gushing, and anemia. We're normal women again! We have found that you can cut the dose in half and it still works. We also wait to start taking it until we're about a day into our periods to make sure we don't run out before the actual end of the period. Do not delay taking the pills on time after you begin taking them each cycle or you may gush! I'm on medicaid and had to appeal to get them to cover the cost, but they did because I can't take birth control."

cstella33 August 26, 2014

For Menorrhagia: "I have been on tranexamic acid for 4 cycles now. I was having very heavy "flooding" periods. My heaviest day I would have to stay home from work. It was overwhelming how often I would have to change a super plus tampon. My uterus is full of fibroids. My sister had the same condition and had a hysterectomy. That was before this was FDA approved. I feel so fortunate. This medicine is great. My bleeding has decreased enormously. I can sleep through the night. I don't have "flooding". I don't have to double up with super tampon plus night time pad. It is fantastic. My period longer by about 2 days, but really light bleeding. "

Dolores Church (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2014