User Reviews for Topiramate

Also known as: Qudexy XR, Topamax, Topamax Sprinkle, Topiragen, Trokendi XR

Learn more about Topiramate.

Topiramate review summary

6.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 29 medications used in the treatment of Fibromyalgia.

Reviews for Topiramate to treat Fibromyalgia

Review by barbiedee (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Topamax (topiramate): Took away 95% of my pain

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 13, 2014 11:48 AM
Review by angziety (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Topamax (topiramate): I was on Topamax for almost a month, but I had to stop because of the painfully tingly feet. It didn't do much for my pain overall either. I was also taking it to curb my appetite and for PMDD, but my appetite was the same or worse and it did nothing for the PMDD (might have actually made it worse!). We tried this because Geodon worked well for my PMDD but suddenly stopped working after 4 years (and gave me tardive dyskinesia).

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 12, 2013 12:43 AM
Review by Holycats7 (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Topamax (topiramate): Helps with sleep and weight loss

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 31, 2013 12:38 PM
Review by tinkerbell420 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Topamax (topiramate): I was put on Topamax 2 months ago after a serious car accident that left me in a flare up of my fibromyalgia. I have not reacted well to medications in the past and have had serious reactions which lead to serious consequences to the other meds I was on. Topamax has been the only medication that I have been able to tolerate well. It does take a while for it to start working though and I have had a few side effects but none that I'm not willing to put up with and 2 of them have gone away since I have started the Topamax.

April 27, 2013 1:45 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Topamax (topiramate): WEIGHT LOSS GREAT but hair loss is not worth it

May 20, 2012 2:37 PM
Review by efloyd105: User Rating:

Topamax (topiramate): Had cognitive thought and short term memory loss issues.

December 16, 2011 10:36 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Topamax (topiramate): This medication made me very anxious and caused panic attacks.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 15, 2011 9:06 PM
Review by gallardond: User Rating:

Topamax (topiramate): I didn't like Topamax. I became very paranoid, anxious and since I have been off of it I still have mild side effects from it. Not a good experience. Glad it works for some.

August 10, 2011 3:44 PM
Review by ponygal1963: User Rating:

Topamax (topiramate): This has been a wonder drug for me when combined with Cymbalta. I have suffered for years and had been on narcotic pain killers. The pain had finally gotten so bad that even those weren't working. I work in Pre-K and didn't want to give up my job to become a disabled person living at home on pain killers. I found an awesome Doctor who understood that I didn't want to live on those types of medications. After only two visits she tapered me off of the medicines I was on and started me on Topamax along with Cymbalta. That is all I take. No more pain! Life is wonderful again.

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 28, 2010 1:59 PM
Review by mommarae: User Rating:

Topamax (topiramate): It's a wonder drug - my daughter takes it and lost so much weight. Her headache's are gone, she feels like a million bucks.

December 21, 2009 7:12 PM
Review by W.Wikoff: User Rating:

topiramate: I used Lyrica for six months and gained ten pounds a month. I have been off of the Lyrica since April and have only lost 15 pounds. Recently started 100 mg of Topamax at bedtime and this is the answer! It actually will encourage the body to shed weight and have lost six pounds. Pain has gone from an intolerable 7 or 8 on the pain scale to about a 3. This is what I have been praying for.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate