User Reviews for Topiramate

Also known as: Qudexy XR, Topamax, Topamax Sprinkle, Topiragen, Trokendi XR

Learn more about Topiramate.

Reviews for Topiramate to treat Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy

"I started taking Topiramate several years ago for pain/neuropathy, as I read these posts I found out it could also be helping my obesity, fibromyalgia, Crohns and my smoking. I stopped taking it about two months ago because I was having kidney stone problems and thinking this medicine could be the reason why. In the two months I have gained 25lbs, I'm in so much pain I can't wrap my head around it, and my smoking is got in out of control. I had no idea this medicine could or was helping all my other issues so I'm going back on it to see if I loose the weigh, control my pain, stop smoking, Although kidney stones can be the most excruciating pain ever! I'd rather have that pain once a year than suffer every day in my other pain."

Unreal414 February 26, 2015

Topamax (topiramate): "I was diagnosed with trauma induced neuropathy in my left heel following an injury that became infected, developed cellulitis and an ulcer. It took 2 months of intensive treatment for my foot to heal but about 3 weeks after I returned to work, I started experiencing sharp, electrical type pain in my heel. It was excruciating. My doctor prescribed Neurontin at first but I was not able to tolerate it. I was switched to Topamax and within a day, I had full relief and since then, I have been pain free. Yes, I am a juvenile diabetic but I had never had problems with my feet until this happened. The neuropathy is confined to my left heel only. Topamax is the best. The side effects are minimal but even if they weren't, it's worth it to be pain free."

Anonymous August 14, 2010

Topamax (topiramate): "Topamax has helped my diabetic nerve damage more than any other drug that my doctor has prescribed for me, and it does not have all the other nasty side effects, including the weight gain. I get enough of that from the insulin. I love taking the Topamax. I'm on a low dose (25 mg) but it sure has helped me."

gkbiddle November 11, 2009

Topamax (topiramate): "After having developed neuropathy post surgery I was suffering daily. I had tried Neurontin with little relief and was prescribed Topamax initially at 25mg. Over the last 6 years I've been titrated up to 300 mg and can tell you that this drug has helped tremendously. Initially I had common side effects, difficulty finding words, I lost weight about 20 pounds, and found that I had some tingling in my hands and feet. These issues generally resolved in time or I have just grown accustomed to them. For anyone who initially has issues with the side effects try and stick with the medicine for a little bit unless totally intolerable, it gets better."

Anonymous August 1, 2009

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I was recently prescribed topiramate 25 MG tablet for neuropathy caused by type 2 diabetes. I can not find any other place on here where this drug was prescribed for neuropathy, but so far it appears to be helping."

Anonymous June 19, 2009