User Reviews for Detrol LA

Learn more about Detrol LA.

Detrol LA Review Summary

6.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 21 medications used in the treatment of Overactive Bladder.

Reviews for Detrol LA to treat Overactive Bladder

"62 year old male with overactive bladder symptoms for 15 years. Seems to be caused by nerve damage in lumbar vertebra. Was going to bathroom every twenty minutes. Taking Detrol LA for nine years allows me to extend that to, usually, three or four hours between bathroom visits. Down to once at night, used to go several times at night. It does have side effects, like dry mouth, sluggish thinking, and a few others, but the trade-off would be to spend my life hovering around a bathroom."

itzme (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 21, 2013

"Took it for 2 weeks and my condition got worse. Not worth the side effects--dry eyes, mouth and skin, lethargic and sleepy. Had to go 5-6 times a night and sometimes 10 times before lunch."

Not good March 11, 2012

"The side effects were intolerable and it was not effective in minimizing bladder spasms with resulting leakage/incontinence."

Anonymous January 20, 2012

"Miracle medicine - where was it 8 years ago?"

Teafor2 August 9, 2011

"52 year old female with years of frequency, especially nighttime. Have been taking Detrol LA for 1.5 years at bedtime. Worked very well until recently when I started having to get up at night again. Doctor is prescribing Synvasc but I'm not crazy about the idea of having to take it an hour before I can eat."

Anonymous June 11, 2010

"53 yr female, started using Detrol LA 4 mg approximately 2.5 yrs ago. Also tried Enablex and Vesicare. Insurance company dropped Enablex and now is dropping Detrol. Main side-effects are constipation, headache, dry mouth. Headache goes away after a few days. Have gradually decreased dosage to 1/2 capsule daily, then 1/2 capsule 2-3x per week. This has relieved side-effects and am still pain-free. Hoping to get off medication entirely eventually."

candacia December 3, 2009

"I started taking Vesicare for my Overactive Bladder but it's has stopped being as effective as it was for the past several years. My doctor gave me a sample of Detrol LA 5 days ago and I've had side effects. I have had a terrible head-ache, fatigue, and just felt awful. Finally figured out that it correlated to when I started on the Detrol LA. I've called and asked to switch to another medicine. I can't function this way."

susan61 November 2, 2009

"Took Flomax by itself. It worked a little but made me dizzy. Added Detrol LA and everything worked a lot better but still got dizzy. Stopped Flomax for about 10 days and only took Detrol LA. Urgency slipped a little but was still good. Dizziness went away. Started Flomax again. Slight improvement but dizziness re-started. Detrol LA seems to be the best of the two."

bdwebe September 14, 2009

"Seemed to help at first but now it doesnt seem to work as well. I've been on it 3-4 months now. It's very expensive. I'm with United HC and its $60 a month."

Anonymous September 9, 2009

"I could make it to the bathroom door, but could not even get into the bathroom when there was a small leakage of urine. That happened twice and while at my doctor's office for a routine visit I consulted with him. He sent me home with a seven day sample of Detrol LA 4mg capsules. I tried them 14 more days with my pharmacist. For me (a female age 84) this medication has been excellent. There may be side effects but they are easy to deal with compared to any of the other overactive bladder medications that I have studied about."

Morg May 13, 2009