Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Tindamax

Learn more about Tindamax.

Tindamax review summary

5.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 22 medications used in the treatment of Bacterial Vaginitis.

Reviews for Tindamax to treat Bacterial Vaginitis

Review by Chi chi c:

Battled bacterial vaginitis for years before I found out about Tindamax. It worked wonders my first round of it 4 pills 2 days. I got it again a year later and this time ...side effects kicked in big time. My fingers were sore, severe muscle aches, red inflamed spots on my chest, fever and headaches. It lasted 1 whole day but the bacterial vaginitis was gone and haven't had it since but it gave me a yeast infection.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 18, 2013 3:34 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

My insurance covered some but good thing Tindamax gives a discount card for prescription. I have suffered with bacterial vaginitis off and on for 4 years. Finally got a prescription for Tindamax and it was the only thing that cleared it up for a few weeks. When my period came the bacterial vaginitis came back! On round 2 of Tindamax now. Hopefully it gets rid of it for good. 4 pills 2 days. I get a really nasty metallic taste and nausea but the few weeks I was without bacterial vaginitis it was definitely worth it!

November 20, 2012 7:22 PM

Didn't help and left me tired and with a metallic taste.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 2, 2012 12:13 PM

Review by Cynt:

I've only had to deal with a mild metallic taste for the two days of treatment. It seems to leave the first day after treatment. Tindamax works quickly to get rid of the bacterial vaginitis, which I deal with on a more than regular basis to the point that I can now diagnose myself -- I just call the doctor and he calls in the prescription. I like that I only need to take it for two days and then I'm done and the bacterial vaginitis is gone...once again.

July 19, 2011 2:00 PM

The nausea alone is what made me give this medication a 1. Not only are you over-the-top nauseous, but the tired feeling and nasty metallic taste is overwhelming! I will most definitely be calling my doctor tomorrow for the gel.

July 6, 2011 9:43 PM

Experienced severe headaches, vaginal discharge, nausea and a metallic taste. I only took it for 2 days.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 2, 2011 10:33 PM

This medicine makes me have a metallic taste in my mouth. I also have vaginal irritation.

March 11, 2011 2:10 PM

I'm on the tinidazole right now. It has caused me severe nausea and severe headaches that I can't even treat with Tylenol 3. My head hurts all day.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 8, 2011 11:34 AM

I was treated with 4 pills once per day for 2 days. I was nervous about the side effects but they were very mild. The only side effects I noticed was a slight discoloration of my urine and a mild metallic taste in my mouth. I always was pretty tired all day. It wasn't anything keeping me from my day to day, but I found it easy to over sleep. All in all, it cleared up the vaginosis quickly. Also, be careful because this medicine may give you a yeast infection, but nothing a little prevention can't handle (I used cranberry pills, ate yogurt daily and increased my water intake).

February 23, 2011 10:50 PM

Metallic taste in your mouth throughout entire course of therapy!

November 19, 2009 2:07 PM

Review by freshee61:

I used it about 2 months ago for bacterial vaginitis and it went away but came back now. Bacterial vaginitis is horrible. This is the only thing that cures it.

September 11, 2009 4:57 PM

This was the best medication that I have used for a vaginal infection. It works quickly to clear up the pain. I would definitely use it again.

June 19, 2009 6:45 PM