User Reviews for Westhroid

Learn more about Westhroid.

Underactive Thyroid 1 reviews 30 medications

Thyroid Cancer 0 reviews 15 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Westhroid reviews 3 reviews 9.7

Reviews for Westhroid

Review by softee33:

For Underactive Thyroid: I have never had a thyroid. After trying several different medicines such as Armour & Synthroid, I was happy to get Westhroid. However, at week 4 my hair is still rough, including my facial hair (I am female, 55), energy level is low and lots of joint/muscle pain still! The adjustment phase takes SO MUCH TIME & patience but I am hopeful. Anyone without a thyroid needs all 4 thyroid hormones; T1-T4 calcitonin. Synthetics only have T4, period. I will come back in 2 weeks with an update.

January 2, 2012 1:17 PM

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: I've been on a combination of Westhroid and Nature-throid due to the shortages for a couple months now. Gradually been upping the dose and FINALLY today after yesterdays increase my abdominal bloating is down! I've been afraid to "up" my dose in fear of not getting enough supply. But the bloating was so bad- none of my clothes fit -and I looked 8 months pregnant that and other non abating symptoms forced me to up one more grain and voila! Now, the other fear is will my doctor "freak" out? last labs showed low end free T's and a very suppressed TSH- which as we know makes dr's go nutty. But it does appear Westhroid is a bit easier to get.

March 12, 2010 5:13 PM

Review by graydlett:

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: My thyroid was removed in 1990. Nothing worked well for me except Armour. Then suddenly this past year Armour was impossible to find. They're reformulating and left all of us hanging. I found out about Westhroid researching on the Internet. I've been on Westhroid for 3 months and it was only a week before I was back to normal. It is the perfect alternative to Armour while Forest Labs leaves the people relying on their product, in a lurch.

October 12, 2008 11:14 AM