User Reviews for Nature-Throid

Learn more about Nature-Throid.

Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal 3 reviews 24 medications

Thyroid Cancer 3 reviews 16 medications

Underactive Thyroid 5 reviews 30 medications

8.7
Hashimoto's disease 12 reviews 22 medications

7.8
Summary of Nature-Throid reviews 23 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Nature-Throid

For Hashimoto's disease "Losing weight slowly, full head of hair grown back, eyebrows back, sleeping much better, and skin conditions calming down."

Fordy May 12, 2016

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal "I had 1/2 of my thyroid removed. The synthroid and levothroid left a taste of aluminum in my mouth. I was nauseous and fatigued. I asked my dr. for armour, but my insurance didn't cover that so he prescribed nature-throid. I love it. I thought it didn't work at first. I thought that you could eat with it, but come to find out, you have to take it 30 min before or 2 hrs. after you eat. I take it on an empty stomach with a full glass of water and have no problems at all. Very good medicine. 65 mg for me. My insurance just sent a notice they won't cover it any more, but I will protest it or pay out of pocket. I cannot do the synthroid or Levathroid....never."

mystlgrl (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 16, 2016

For Hashimoto's disease "I took one 16.5 NP pill and three hrs later I had the worst diahrea and vomited ever. I had been on Armour 30 mcg for a month with stomach pains and diahrea and it was getting worse every day so switched to NP. Now I'm on Levothrroxine 30 mcg and feeling better. I'm researching Tirosint and Cyptomel as the have minimal ingredients ie no gluten which is a big no no for us Hashimlto gals. Good luck to all of finding a good doctor and the right medication for you."

Stellie March 31, 2016

For Hashimoto's disease "Took Naturethroid successfully for 3 years, 32mcg/day. Developed Hashimotos with a small thyroid nodule. Increased dosage by 16.25 mg 2x/ week. Dr did not do a follow-up check on serum T3 levels. Toxicity after only 6 months - weak, lung tightness - faint, developed food allergies very quickly. Scary experience which has lingering effects 1 month later. Switched Tirosint which has no fillers &T4 only. Working ok so far."

×xx January 20, 2016

For Thyroid Cancer "Started on Levo/Synthroid after surgery a year ago. Had lots of leg pains and just didn't feel good. Then tried Armour - better but still didn't feel right and still had leg pains. Now I am on Nature's Thyroid - feel much better and no leg pains. I have increased to 2 grains started at 1 and 1/4. Feel more like my old self. I was starting to get really depressed thinking this was my life now always feeling subpar. I even regretted surgery and remnant ablation . I hope this continues but for anyone who has absolutely no thyroid I recommend you take something that more mirrors your body's natural thyroid. Your thyroid does so much more for your body than you realize. A synthetic T4 only product is not going to cut it in the long run for us."

KA7894766 October 29, 2015

For Hashimoto's disease "No side effects. Was clenching teeth on Synthroid. Very pleased with Nature-throid. $21 without insurance. Happy"

Brenda N (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 1, 2015

For Underactive Thyroid "Was on synthroid for a year and noticed zero improvement. Got off it for a few years then started again and developed angina like chest pain out of nowhere when exercising. I felt tired and miserable as always. Begged my doc to Rx naturethyroid. After being on it 3 months I realize how much better I feel. No more waking up feeling like crap, no more muscle aches, no more fatigue. Headaches have improved drastically. More energy to work out. No puffy creased eyes when I wake up in the morning. Appetite is good again and I can eat what I want again while maintaining my weight just fine. I am 5,8" and 135 lbs and only exercise twice a week but am able to eat 2000 calories a day, sometimes more, and have gained no weight. Just like old times!"

Rrrrrraquelie September 26, 2015

For Hashimoto's disease "Ditto all the positives written by other reviewers. I don't understand why it was nearly impossible to get the clinic to prescribe.... I was so miserable on synthroid which I struggled with for 8 mo...with worries of health issues growing. I quit. And for the next six years at every doctor appt. I flat out refused synthroid. I think one of the 20 plus fillers was the issue. Doing my own research I begin requesting Nature Thyroid. Was told the clinic only prescribed synthroid. 16 months ago I won! And have been happy since on NT. UNBELIEVABLE then when I moved and my new doc in different state suggested I change. No way. I'm very happy with Nature Thyroid and think the medical profession is 75 years behind the times."

Sa gun (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 28, 2015

For Hashimoto's disease "After being on Synthroid for years, I went to a wellness clinic and was put on Nature-Throid. I cannot believe the difference it made in my life. I finally have my life back! The head fog is gone, my energy level is back and the depression has subsided also. The only thing Synthroid did for me is change the numbers on my thyroid blood test, nothing else. I would NEVER take Synthroid again."

Farmer T. (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 10, 2015

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Thyroid Cancer "take 4.5 grains a day. So much better than levothyroxine."

ZoeRochelle April 11, 2015

For Hashimoto's disease "My experience with Nature Throid has been very positive from the very first dose. Increased energy was immediately noticed. After 6 months of continuous use, I began to lose weight. The shoulder and neck pain associated with my thyroid disorder decreased tremendously. NatureThroid alone is not enough. I must take vitamin and mineral supplements to further lessen my symptoms as well as avoid certain foods and drinks."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 11, 2015

97 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Thyroid Cancer "NatureThroid seriously changed my life! I did so terrible on Synthroid; I was gaining weight despite the fact that I was working out and eating well, loosing my hair, major brain fog and headaches with aura and joint pain. I feel awesome on NatureThroid and am loosing weight even."

Lisette M. February 2, 2015

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Hashimoto's disease "I was on Synthroid or levothyroxine for over 20 years. Never ever worked. I lost my business because I was so exhausted and brain fogged. I finally switched to Nature-Throid. What a wonderful difference. Back in business and feeling great."

DeeCee2112 (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 22, 2014

125 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Underactive Thyroid "This medicine has changed my life. After 3 courses of Levaquin for MRSA after surgery last summer I thought that the extreme fatigue, muscle pain, mental fog and joint pain that I've had were just part of aging, I'm 61, or side effects of the antibiotic. My TSH levels were in normal range, but my Naturopath saw that the free T-3 and T-4 were very low. We started Nature-Throid in late July and by August,I was starting to feel human again. It's GREAT."

lotusone2000 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 22, 2013

160 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal "After decades on Levothyroxine I was starting to feel really unwell: tiredness, memory lapses, hot flashes, inability to cope with hot weather, sleeping badly, verbal diarrhea, impulsive behavior, mental fog and constant pressure which made me want to jump out of my skin. Got very isolated and depressed, lost all creativity and felt I was barely existing. The changeover was very smooth and problem free. Two days after I started my eyesight seemed to improve drastically, as though a dirty filter had been removed. On day 5 I felt totally at peace. Mentally, physically and emotionally it was like going from monochrome to full spectrum HD. Lots of energy, no hot flashes or mental fog, sleeping well. I've got my life back!"

undine July 15, 2013

201 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Hashimoto's disease "I have been taking Nature-throid for more than a year now and find it simply outstanding. I have had no allergic reaction, that I am aware of, as I had with Armour brand and synthetic thyroid (a rash). My blood test results have been quite stable. I have been able to stay on the same dose, 32.5MG, and now enjoy the peace of mind of simply taking the pill (which I crush with my teeth and allow to dissolve sublingually) and get on with my life. I should note that over the past several years I have made significant changes such as eliminating dairy, egg, and gluten from my diet, which I feel has greatly complemented any pharmaceutical benefit. An outstanding medication, Nature-throid has helped me restore vitality to my life."

danaleann January 4, 2012

155 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Hashimoto's disease "I have tried Synthroid 150mcg, felt sick and muscle pain for 4-5 years until I tried Nature-Throid. I am living a totally different life since Nature-Throid."

JO hs Lee May 30, 2011

128 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Underactive Thyroid "The nice thing about this medication is that it cuts well where Armour is much harder to cut (crumbles) in order to get optimal levels. Sometimes we need to add a bit extra."

Anonymous April 28, 2011

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Underactive Thyroid "I had several side effects from Synthroid that I thought I just had to try and live with in order to treat my hypothyroidism. After starting Nature-Throid, the side effects were gone and I noticed an improvement with all of my symptoms. Today, I feel the best I have felt in 20 years. The difference is truly amazing to me. I didn't think I had any other options until Nature-Throid was suggested, I am so thankful for this medicine."

Anonymous September 27, 2010

149 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Hashimoto's disease "Started taking Nature-Throid and haven't had any changes. Added Cytomel and are hoping this does something."

lorevale1988 August 23, 2010

For Hashimoto's disease "I was on Synthroid and Cytomel for many years but my symptoms were never alleviated until I started Nature-Throid. I'm most pleased that my depression and foggy headiness were gone shortly after starting it. I continue to see improvements in my energy levels and weight loss."

Jameyrenee June 1, 2010

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal "Great med if you can get it. The back order crapola struck right at the beginning of my treatment with it. I noticed right away relief in symptoms with it. I now take a combo of Westhroid and Nature-throid. Synthroid, Levoxyl gave me hell with side effects! Cytomel gave me vertigo, the naturals are GREAT!(Hashi's/hypo) worked up to 4 grains now."

Anonymous March 12, 2010

For Underactive Thyroid "I can't take Synthroid and am allergic to the fillers in Armour. Nature Throid is hypoallergenic and has both T3 and T4 so it works really well for me."

fromthemomma January 2, 2010

176 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate