User Reviews for Armour Thyroid

Learn more about Armour Thyroid.

Armour Thyroid Rating Summary

8.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 45 medications used in the treatment of Underactive Thyroid.

Reviews for Armour Thyroid to treat Underactive Thyroid

"Had taken Armour Thyroid for 20 years but starting 2 years ago I experienced brain fog, aches and pains which was thought to be fibromyalgia, no energy, severe headaches, insomnia and hard to get out of bed and always tired. I have taken many tests, scans and seen many Doctors during that time and couldn't find an answer to my complaints. I felt like I was loosing my mind and in desperation began searching the Internet and came across information about Armour. I understand Forest Labs bought Armour in 2014 and Actavis bought them in 2015 - lo and behold!!! I saw complaints which were identical to mine and quit taking them on Sec. 22, 2015. I felt better within 2 days and am angry that I lost 2 years of my life."

Anonymous January 31, 2016

"Doctors will always try to put you on synthroid which is poison that has the worst side effects and once I started on Armor I could see the dark cloud leave. I still notice that I can only use a half of batch before I need to buy more because it went bad and I am still trying to get the perfect dose but I feel so much better with armor than the synthroid that doctors suggest. I only wish I could buy armor in Colombia SA because now I must go to the states every month to pick it up."

johnny H (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 8, 2016

"I was just diagnosed with underachieving thyroid. My labs have been low for quite some time. Trying to heal my leaky gut in hopes of getting my thyroid issues better. Well after working on it for 6 months with a Functional Medicine NP it wasn't better so I just started armour 30mg. Today is day 1 for me. Hoping many of the symptoms I suffer will get better. I really don't want to be on this. The symptoms I have are early am waking, low sex drive and anorgasmia, cold but sweating, fatigue, muscle loss, muscle weakness, dry skin, thinning hair."

trl1 (taken for less than 1 month) December 20, 2015

"I started taking armour in November 2015. The first couple of days I felt more tired. But after 4-5 days, I wasn't tired throughout the day. I lost 6 lbs in that month. But then when I started my refill, all the weight came right back on. Is it possible for a whole batch to be bad?? Or did my body regulate to that dose?"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 9, 2015

"I was on Levo meds and I felt like I was over loaded with hormones. I would have outburst of anger and sadness. Gained 10lbs in 6monthes, insomnia etc. These behaviors were abnormal for me. I switched to Armour meds and in one month I lost 3lbs , sleep well and have not had any mood swings."

Anonymous November 12, 2015

"I have been using this product for 30 days! LOVE It!! First time in over a year that I don't have to take a nap at some point in the day. I have also naturally lost a few lbs! Which is great too since I've gained 50in the past 5 yrs with no initial root cause. Find a Dr that looks at everything! Your vitamin levels minerals and serotonin levels on top of thyroid. I take the med in the am with water that had Lugols iodine drops in it. I'll keep you updated on future effects."

Krist10 (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2015

"I've been on thyroid medication 49 years, I spent my first 38 on Synthroid and various t4 formulas, I could not stand the up and down of Synthroid, it never was steady. Every time I went to the Dr. It was adjusted, it could not regulate me and most Dr's. Just played with raising and lowering the mg levels. Finally a person I new told me I should see her Dr. I did, and that was the beginning of a beautiful relationship with Armour Thyroid. I've never felt better, my bad symptoms went away, and I feel almost human. It holds me steady for longer periods. sometimes the patient knows best, regardless of what the blood tests say. Armour contains unknown ingredients that can't be isolated into a synthetic pill form, Armour is natural, and best."

Mamad1 September 19, 2015

"I've been on Synthyroid or Levothyroid for over 50 years. I asked my endo for Armour because I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. I've been on Armour for 3 months now and can't believe how much better I feel. Have not had any side effects."

Thepan007 September 2, 2015

"There is a level of inconsistency in its quality and in its potency. I have tried taking it in different ways. Starting with swallowing it (cause immediate bloating). Tried it sublingually and finally crushing it. Again, I have found some difference in the way it crushes. Some are crumbly (more potent) and some are sticky (same batch). One whole box was totally useless. I didnt realise this immediately. Side effects kept increasing with each dose and I kept feeling tired, nauseated, and lacked energy. This effect wore out 4-5 hrs after taking the pill and felt almost back to normal. I opened a new batch and things improved withi 2 days..less side effects and more energy levels. Other side effect is sweet taste. I will try a different brand"

No-nickname-is-accepted-all-in July 13, 2015

"In February 2014, Forest Laboratories, the makers of Armour Thyroid, was bought by the drug company Actavis for $25 million. I recently finished a batch that I had on hand since May of 2014 and was doing quite well with no side effects. As soon as I started a new batch that I purchases in October of 2014, I noticed the difference within a few days: I started itching, being warm and lacking sleep. Before I was sleeping very well regularly while now I'm having a lot of trouble. I think that I will be looking for some other alternative after I see my doctor, preferably Nathroid, and Westhroid. Why would Actavis change the composition of a good product and make it worst? After being a 'happy' individual with Armour for several years, it's time to move on."

Beppe June 3, 2015

"Dr put me on Armor Thyroid after taking me off Levothyroxine and Armor has done absolutely nothing in the way of making me feel better. I was taken off Levothyroxine because I felt as though I had bugs crawling on me so Dr took me off if it thinking I my be having a reaction to the medication. Since then, talking to my personal trainer who recommended that I see a his Dr who specializes in thyroid & hormones. I visited new Dr today they drew 5 vials of blood which they will test all levels of my thyroid, hormone level as well as any and all complete blood work including cholesterol. I'm awaiting an appt next week for results. Levothyroxine gave me great energy but lots of itching. Armor is out for me....no results in feeling better."

Sanzum June 3, 2015

"I was on synthroid, levothyroxine and then finally armour thyroid. synthroid and levothyroxine I was on both for 6 months to 1 year. No change in my thyroid and it also made me a bit crazy, I would have anger out bursts for no reason. Once I went on armour thyroid within the first 3 months my levels were getting better, we bumped my dosage up to 120 and my levels are now perfect. I feel so much better on armour thyroid than I ever did on the other 2."

mrsD92 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 4, 2015

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I changed from Levothroxine to Armour in the last two weeks. I feel so much better in this short amount of time. I'm not so bloated and something just didn't feel right with the Levothyroxine. I have only been taking it two weeks, but the way I feel is good. I take 30 of Armour."

thyroidy (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2015

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Four years ago, I began taking birth control. After a year of trying to find the "right" pill, I was experiencing extreme fatigue, mood swings, depression, constipation, skin/hair problems, weight gain, and inability to lose weight. I stopped the pill and still continued to experience these symptoms. I spent the next few years trying to lose weight and trying to convince my doctor to treat my thyroid. She wouldn't because my TSH level was normal. Two months ago, I found a doctor who prescribes Armour based on symptoms. In one month of taking 25mg of Armour daily, I have regained my health and my life. Fight for your health and ask for Armour. If it doesn't work for you, it's worth searching for a medication that does to feel healthy again."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2015

102 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have been on Armour Thyroid for about a year with only a little bit of good results and then about a month ago I realized I should not be eating or drinking especially coffee within the first hour of taking it. I waited a whole hour after taking it to drink my coffee and I have finally started losing the 10 pounds that would not come off and I realized I was doing a whole lot more during the day and wanting to than before. I also noticed much less migraines. I vote yes! I would rate it a 10 if I could drink it with coffee."

buttheadface March 11, 2015

138 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"For the last 6 years I have been diagnosed with hypothyroid 5.28. I was taking levothyroxine. The first time taking it, I felt like my insides where burning and one night I was in the bathroom and passed out not even know I did until I woke up on the floor. I went to the ER and stopped taking it. Then 4 years later another Dr. put me back on levothyroxine but a lower dose and after a week I felt like I was gaging and couldn't breath and my levels where 6.50. I went to an Urgent care and the Dr. put me on 30mg of Armour and my levels where 5.20. I was put on 90mg Armour and my levels are 2.12 after 1 month. I have emotions now, as before I was numb. My sex drive, well WooHoo. Energy level comes and goes. No weight loss yet."

WooHoo (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 11, 2015

"I was on synthetic thyroid medicine and I was still miserable. I strongly recommend having your doctor switch you over to armour thyroid. It is amazing. I have energy, my hair isn't breaking off, I lose weight when I exercise. I absolutely love it."

Satellite41 January 15, 2015

174 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"After 25 years of waiting to feel better on Levothyroxine I finally found someone to prescribe Armour last fall. For the first time in years I feel warm. We just had the worst winter in years and I didn't have to turn the thermostat up once. My bowels are more regular than before. I felt more energy right from the start. More doctors should use this medication. "

Nurse Barb (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 8, 2014

232 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"So far so good. After total thyroid removal, had difficulty on just levothyroxine T4. Slept all day, irritated etc. the usual. Enough was enough, emailed my endocrinologist and he tried a different route. Its been a week and I already lost 6 of the 8 lbs I gained over a 7 week period. I have more energy and symptoms are gone. Continued exercise with high protein/ fiber shakes and never felt better. Hopefully it gives us sufferers what we are looking for and need!"

tina p. April 24, 2014

129 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Over 12 years of battling with hypothyroidism with all it s crazy symptoms, stop school to tired and forgetful, went through a divorce too depressed and lots of weight gain. I thought it was me and dr made me feel I am using my thyroid as excuse since the lab work is normal. I don't want to jinks it but I took my first Armour Thyroid yesterday after requesting it, AND why it a miracle. I felt so alive. So said to think back on my life and what could have been if doctor just really listen to their patient. It took a facebook group to open my eyes."

loony April 24, 2014

249 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Armour reduced water retention and joint/tendon fatigue. However, it made me ravenous and raised my free T3 to uncomfortable levels. I also couldn't exercise. Back to Synthroid in the morning and 15 mg Armour in the afternoon... Better."

T4/T3 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 19, 2014

"I have been on Armour since October '13. I was diagnosed hypothyroid. I have steadily gained weight ever since I started. 20lbs. It has not helped with my cold hands or feet, dry skin, or fatigue. My hair has stopped falling out so bad but that is about the only thing good I can say about this. Also, Im not sure if its related but I've had serious worsening of lower back pain since starting this. "

lrward March 7, 2014

"It took years before I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, and placed on Synthroid, I started to feel better but many major issues remained. I got more energy back, but never lost weight. My memory got better, but I wasn't clear-headed. I continued to feel major anxiety and had emotional ups and downs. When I found a doctor who suggested I try Armour, within 2 weeks of taking it my life seemed to return. I am a strong supporter of Armour."

alarones (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 8, 2014

224 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I had been experiencing undiagnosed hypothyroidism symptoms for long time without really knowing what was going on: extreme fatigue, brain fogginess,mood swings, cold. I had been having my thyroid tested for years due to my mother having had a tumor and removal of hers and yet the dr's all kept telling me the levels were fine. I went to an Integrative Dr and he prescribed for me. I've gradually worked up to taking 45 mg a day. 60mg was too much, headache, very painful and hardened breasts, really bad PMS type symptoms and the bloating! My biggest issue is also the puffiness and inability to lose weight! Protein shakes, cardio exercise and strength training and nothing helps. It's so frustrating!"

NYAL February 3, 2014

"When my hypothyroidism went low enough to treat 15 years ago, I was given Levoxyl, adjusted up to 150 mcg. Fibromyalgia of 23 years worsened. In last 4 years, I developed severe fatigue crashes, heat and exercise intolerance, anxiety, depression, water retention, leg and back muscle weakness/wasting/pain. Tests normal. I exhausted best rheumatologist and neurologist in town, two normal muscle biopsies. Thyroid levels top of normal. Doctors kept me there, prescribing prednisone and five other medicines for fatigue and pain. Sudden breathing problems occurred. Hyperthyroidism exhausted my adrenals. New doctor put me on Armour, lower at 75 mg two weeks ago. I feel fantastic - more strength, less pain/weakness!"

MalibuMary January 26, 2014

144 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 Next