User Reviews for Armour Thyroid

Learn more about Armour Thyroid.

Armour Thyroid Review Summary

8.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 13 medications used in the treatment of Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal.

Reviews for Armour Thyroid to treat Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal

"My energy is back to where it use to be. I feel normal"

Dona M January 6, 2015

"I've been on Armour thyroid for 4 months or so and I've lost no weight and I'm tired all the time, also gained weight. Having hot flashes and night sweats and I've been feeling dizzy. My TSH is low along with my T3 and T4. It's time to switch medicines once again. I've been on 2 other medicines and nothing is helping me I'm so frustrated. I need some help, anyone know of a better medicine out there? "

Barb w October 11, 2013

"Armour thyroid gave back my happy life."

kaloka (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2013

"I was diagnosed with Grave's Disease and had my thyroid radiated so it no longer functions. I was started on Synthroid and I felt horrible. I was eventually prescribed all the other thyroid medicines but nothing worked well. I felt awful, I couldn't remember anything, I was exhausted and irritable all the time. Finally a Dr. prescribed me Armour and I feel almost normal again. It can be very hard to get as Dr.'s have to have a special license to prescribe it but I've been persistent and will accept no other thyroid replacement medication. "

Debra369 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 6, 2013

"I started taking Synthroid 200mrgs From 2002- Oct 2012. Because i had thyroid cancer. had both of my thyroids removed. A friend told me to try armour thyroid, and you will fill alot better. I took her advice and she gave mw the name of the Dr who will perscride armour thyroid. I been taking 90mrgs of Amour thyroid and i fill great, I can tell the difference after i took the first pill. My energy level is very high. I dont need a nap during the day."

Chill c (taken for less than 1 month) October 13, 2012

"I had Graves disease 20 years ago and my thyroid was burned out with irradiated iodide. I was put on Synthroid daily and gained almost 80 pounds over the years. I had all the bad headaches, fatigue, water retention, brain fog etc. Finally I started working for a functional medicine doctor who specializes in bioidentical hormone treatment. I signed up and we switched me over to Armour. I have only been taking it for about a week and I am already starting to feel better. I will report back in another week to say how I am feeling. "

csoljak (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2012

"I have been on some form of thyroid for 20 years. First I was on Armour then Synthroid. But what changed all that was my thyroid cancer diagnosis 6 months ago. They kept me on Synthroid, and never told me there was a difference. It seems to me that you need T4 and T3, which armour provides. I felt so achy after my surgery. Everyday my body hurt and I was do tired and absent minded. Also I have had weight gain. Went to a different doctor last week and have switched to Armour. We shall see. The main difference I feel so far is less body aches. That is wonderful to me!"

dnamel (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2012

"Was diagnosed as hypothyroid and started immediately on Armour. Actually gained weight on it, despite strict diet and exercise. Always felt very bloated in abdomen while taking it and still felt tired. During the time I was on it, they reformulated it and I felt even worse. Switched over to a combination of Levoxyl and Cytomel. Felt more energetic and even lost a bit of the weight. Armour may work well for some but it just didn't do anything for me."

Former Armour User November 3, 2009

"I was diagnosed with Papillary Carcinoma in early 2006. My thyroid was removed and tested positive. I was put on Synthroid and Cytomel for one week, then dropped the latter. I slowly went downhill physically and mentally. I gained a lot of weight, and I could not concentrate for any length of time. I could not return to work. An angel gave me the name of a doctor who would prescribe Armour Thyroid. Within a week I began to feel better. Soon I felt better than I had in a long time. I returned to work and have stayed healthy ever since. Armour Thyroid is the only way to go for me."

revzoom May 8, 2009

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"After having my thyroid burned out 2 years ago I was on a non natural brand for my thyroid. I have not been feeling myself since these 2 years, always having no energy, not able to lose weight, not able to think clearly. I recently switched to Armour thyroid and I feel much better."

Anonymous April 18, 2009

"For 11 years I was on another thyroid medicine and just kept feeling tired and depressed. I started doing some research and 6 years ago found a physician that prescribed alternative thyroid medication... Armour Thyroid. It has totally changed my life. I have energy, no longer depressed and lost some weight. With Armour the most important thing is taking it the same time everyday. Energy level stays up and I seem to get the most from the medication."

Golfnut January 10, 2009

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Learn more about Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal