User Reviews for Thyroid desiccated

Also known as: Armour Thyroid, Bio-Throid, Nature-Throid, NP Thyroid, Thyroid Porcine, Westhroid

Learn more about Thyroid desiccated.

TSH Suppression 1 reviews 24 medications

Depression 0 reviews 75 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Thyroid desiccated reviews 100 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Thyroid desiccated

Review by Qpips (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Underactive Thyroid: Been on Thyroid S since December. Getting back to my old self...

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 10, 2015 4:39 AM

Review by Lisette M.:

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Thyroid Cancer: NatureThroid seriously changed my life! I did so terrible on Synthroid; I was gaining weight despite the fact that I was working out and eating well, loosing my hair, major brain fog and headaches with aura and joint pain. I feel awesome on NatureThroid and am loosing weight even.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 2, 2015 12:55 PM

Review by Satellite41:

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: I was on synthetic thyroid medicine and I was still miserable. I strongly recommend having your doctor switch you over to armour thyroid. It is amazing. I have energy, my hair isn't breaking off, I lose weight when I exercise. I absolutely love it.

January 15, 2015 12:43 PM

Review by Dona M:

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: My energy is back to where it use to be. I feel normal

January 6, 2015 6:43 AM

Review by ITALIUNGURL:

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: I have been on Armour for 13 years minimal symptoms.. Steady TSH and optimal F T3.

December 14, 2014 12:38 PM

Review by Roksanaroxy (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism at age 14 although I had a high TSH (in the normal range) since I was born. I was treated with Synthroid and levothyroxine for the past 7 years and I never really thought about how it was affecting me. Within these 7 years I gained and lost and gained again 75 lbs which was due to the depression that Synthroid was causing. I recently began feeling so bad and decided to stop Synthroid and asked my doctor for Armour...one month later and I am as happy and optimistic as I used to be before Synthroid. I have also lost 12 lbs within a month (with proper diet and nutrition of course). I have had no side effects on this medication and I am 100% happy I decided to switch.

December 8, 2014 12:31 PM

Review by euma:

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: Armour has given me energy again and without any side effects. Synthoid never made me better. It hurt my bones and gave me a big face.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 19, 2014 2:23 PM

Review by DeeCee2112 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: I was on Synthroid or levothyroxine for over 20 years. Never ever worked. I lost my business because I was so exhausted and brain fogged. I finally switched to Nature-Throid. What a wonderful difference. Back in business and feeling great.

August 22, 2014 4:50 PM

Review by me2buc12:

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for TSH Suppression: It works well for TSH supression

August 19, 2014 9:08 PM

Review by rc71 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: Within a week of taking Armour Thyroid my periods returned (they were gone 2 yrs on T4 only), my energy levels returned (I could barely walk or do any housework on T4 only), I can think clearly now (was in a state of confusion on T4) depression is gone completely (I was in a depressive state on T4 only and refused antidepressants because I knew it was not depression because of my life). I am out of the bedroom and functioning again.

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 19, 2014 1:39 PM

Review by Deen12:

For Underactive Thyroid: It took 15 years after Chemotherapy treatments to be properly diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I finally found a GP who also practices holistic medicine and she ran a series of tests that were much more detailed than what regular GPs offer. Although my TSH levels were not too high, I was very symptomatic with severe bloating by the end of the day, puffy face, lethargy, mood swings, bouts of laryngitis, nightly snoring and about a 5 kg weight gain. These symptoms had been persistent for years to varying degrees. Within 2 weeks of being administered Natural Dessicated Hormone Therapy there was a big improvement in all symptoms and 1 year later they have completely disappeared. I feel 15 years younger.

August 4, 2014 6:34 PM

Review by LAMF (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: I have had Thryoiditis/ Hashimotos and Raynauds Syndrome for 20 yrs. TSH was as HIGH as 200 but never went below 65 in 14 yrs. I've had 13 heart procedures and 16 stents. A Pacemaker in 2010 due to a Heart rate of 42 but no attention given to a TSH that was 165. Now we are checking for PHEOCHROMOCYTOMA .. Also my GP has replaced SYNTHROID with ARMOUR. Synthroid has NO IODINE OR T3 needed for the body. Side effects are terrible for a week but my body is ALIVE thanks to ARMOUR.

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 28, 2014 2:21 PM

Review by Nurse Barb (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: After 25 years of waiting to feel better on Levothyroxine I finally found someone to prescribe Armour last fall. For the first time in years I feel warm. We just had the worst winter in years and I didn't have to turn the thermostat up once. My bowels are more regular than before. I felt more energy right from the start. More doctors should use this medication.

133 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 8, 2014 11:28 AM

Review by I need help! (taken for less than 1 month):

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Thyroid Cancer: I had 3 types of Thyroid cancer 22 years ago so had a thyroidectomy/isthmusectomy and have 1 parathyroid left. I was put on Synthroid for 22 years, then became toxic to it. New Endocrinologist put me on Tirosint, it was great at first, all bad symptoms of Synthroid disappeared then started having negative side effect of always sleeping and felt numb emotionally. Switched to Armour Thyroid and even worse, I'm not sleepy any more BUT now I'm "always" nauseated, can't eat, shaking, thirsty all the time, gastric upset, stomach ache, muscle fatigue like I've never experienced, palpitations back but not as bad as when on the Synthroid medicine, S.O.B on exertion. I was put on 90 of Armour Thyroid now 75 (one 60 and one 15).

May 4, 2014 1:04 PM

Review by tina p.:

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: So far so good. After total thyroid removal, had difficulty on just levothyroxine T4. Slept all day, irritated etc. the usual. Enough was enough, emailed my endocrinologist and he tried a different route. Its been a week and I already lost 6 of the 8 lbs I gained over a 7 week period. I have more energy and symptoms are gone. Continued exercise with high protein/ fiber shakes and never felt better. Hopefully it gives us sufferers what we are looking for and need!

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 24, 2014 11:19 PM

Review by loony:

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: Over 12 years of battling with hypothyroidism with all it s crazy symptoms, stop school to tired and forgetful, went through a divorce too depressed and lots of weight gain. I thought it was me and dr made me feel I am using my thyroid as excuse since the lab work is normal. I don't want to jinks it but I took my first Armour Thyroid yesterday after requesting it, AND why it a miracle. I felt so alive. So said to think back on my life and what could have been if doctor just really listen to their patient. It took a facebook group to open my eyes.

136 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 24, 2014 2:34 PM

Review by T4/T3 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: Armour reduced water retention and joint/tendon fatigue. However, it made me ravenous and raised my free T3 to uncomfortable levels. I also couldn't exercise. Back to Synthroid in the morning and 15 mg Armour in the afternoon... Better.

March 19, 2014 12:04 AM

Review by Sashas New Mom:

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: For years I felt terrible most days. Tired, sleeping by 7pm. No energy, gained weight, was puffy/bloated all the time. I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's Disease 9 months ago. My doctor prescribed levothyroxine. I still didn't feel like myself. Still no energy, breaking out in sweats (especially at night), always felt bloated. No relief from my symptoms. The worst symptom of all was forgetfulness and brain fog. After reading a page (Hypothyroid Mom) on facebook, I saw how many people had success with Armour Thyroid. She put me on 30mg twice daily. Now I am hyperthyroid. Hoping to get this under control soon. I feel 100 times better on Armour. And I've lost a little bit of weight!

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 18, 2014 1:26 PM

Review by lrward:

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: I have been on Armour since October '13. I was diagnosed hypothyroid. I have steadily gained weight ever since I started. 20lbs. It has not helped with my cold hands or feet, dry skin, or fatigue. My hair has stopped falling out so bad but that is about the only thing good I can say about this. Also, Im not sure if its related but I've had serious worsening of lower back pain since starting this.

March 7, 2014 9:30 AM

Review by alarones (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: It took years before I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, and placed on Synthroid, I started to feel better but many major issues remained. I got more energy back, but never lost weight. My memory got better, but I wasn't clear-headed. I continued to feel major anxiety and had emotional ups and downs. When I found a doctor who suggested I try Armour, within 2 weeks of taking it my life seemed to return. I am a strong supporter of Armour.

146 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 8, 2014 12:58 PM

Review by NYAL:

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: I had been experiencing undiagnosed hypothyroidism symptoms for long time without really knowing what was going on: extreme fatigue, brain fogginess,mood swings, cold. I had been having my thyroid tested for years due to my mother having had a tumor and removal of hers and yet the dr's all kept telling me the levels were fine. I went to an Integrative Dr and he prescribed for me. I've gradually worked up to taking 45 mg a day. 60mg was too much, headache, very painful and hardened breasts, really bad PMS type symptoms and the bloating! My biggest issue is also the puffiness and inability to lose weight! Protein shakes, cardio exercise and strength training and nothing helps. It's so frustrating!

February 3, 2014 10:51 AM

Review by MalibuMary:

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: When my hypothyroidism went low enough to treat 15 years ago, I was given Levoxyl, adjusted up to 150 mcg. Fibromyalgia of 23 years worsened. In last 4 years, I developed severe fatigue crashes, heat and exercise intolerance, anxiety, depression, water retention, leg and back muscle weakness/wasting/pain. Tests normal. I exhausted best rheumatologist and neurologist in town, two normal muscle biopsies. Thyroid levels top of normal. Doctors kept me there, prescribing prednisone and five other medicines for fatigue and pain. Sudden breathing problems occurred. Hyperthyroidism exhausted my adrenals. New doctor put me on Armour, lower at 75 mg two weeks ago. I feel fantastic - more strength, less pain/weakness!

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 26, 2014 11:31 PM

Review by florns (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: I started off in Oct 2013 on 15 mg of Armour for hypothyroid symptoms. I slowly increased it up to 180 mg by December as per doctor's instructions. I felt a little better, but still bouts of severe fatigue. Suddenly, I woke up last week very energized and started buzzing around cleaning. I felt like I had 3 cups of coffee. Racing heart and anxiety in my chest. I found myself having to find a quiet place to sit and meditate just to try and lower my heart rate. Two days later I went for blood tests. TSH 0.009, Free T3 4.1, and Free T4 1.41. Iron levels and adrenals are fine. Now I am hyperthyroid I guess. I am down to 60mg of Armour. Hopefully I will be able to find a happy balance.

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 1, 2014 9:28 AM

Review by alarones (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: I tried several synthetic medicines for hypothyroid to no avail, then a doctor recommended Armour. It has proved to be the best thing - getting me close to my 'normal' self with little to no side effects.

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 27, 2013 1:22 PM

Review by klenk:

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: I have been on Armour for 4 days and I have already noticed a difference. I could actually take off my wedding ring. I sleep really well for about 7 hours. Not waking up constantly. My swelling has gone down significantly. My joints do not ache. Not getting as winded. I am taking 60mg. I have noticed that I am really tired at night. I like the suggestion of taking it at night as well. I'll have to check with my doctor and get his opinion.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 19, 2013 2:15 PM