User Reviews for Thyroid desiccated

Also known as: Armour Thyroid, Bio-Throid, Nature-Throid, NP Thyroid, Thyroid Porcine, Westhroid

Learn more about Thyroid desiccated.

TSH Suppression 1 reviews 24 medications

Thyroid Cancer 4 reviews 16 medications

Depression 0 reviews 75 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Thyroid desiccated reviews 117 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Thyroid desiccated

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "Ditto all the positives written by other reviewers. I don't understand why it was nearly impossible to get the clinic to prescribe.... I was so miserable on synthroid which I struggled with for 8 mo...with worries of health issues growing. I quit. And for the next six years at every doctor appt. I flat out refused synthroid. I think one of the 20 plus fillers was the issue. Doing my own research I begin requesting Nature Thyroid. Was told the clinic only prescribed synthroid. 16 months ago I won! And have been happy since on NT. UNBELIEVABLE then when I moved and my new doc in different state suggested I change. No way. I'm very happy with Nature Thyroid and think the medical profession is 75 years behind the times."

Sa gun (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 28, 2015

For Underactive Thyroid: "Since starting on desiccated thyroid (about 6 months ago) I have more energy than I have had in years. Now I can hike and bike in the same week whereas before I would feel completely exhausted after an activity and need days to recover. Ten years ago when I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism my lifestyle changed completely from active to sedentary, my sex life ended and I became a shew. I pray that I am at the end of that nightmare, thanks to a simple change in medication."

RJay56 June 11, 2015

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "In February 2014, Forest Laboratories, the makers of Armour Thyroid, was bought by the drug company Actavis for $25 million. I recently finished a batch that I had on hand since May of 2014 and was doing quite well with no side effects. As soon as I started a new batch that I purchases in October of 2014, I noticed the difference within a few days: I started itching, being warm and lacking sleep. Before I was sleeping very well regularly while now I'm having a lot of trouble. I think that I will be looking for some other alternative after I see my doctor, preferably Nathroid, and Westhroid. Why would Actavis change the composition of a good product and make it worst? After being a 'happy' individual with Armour for several years, it's time to move on."

Beppe June 3, 2015

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "Dr put me on Armor Thyroid after taking me off Levothyroxine and Armor has done absolutely nothing in the way of making me feel better. I was taken off Levothyroxine because I felt as though I had bugs crawling on me so Dr took me off if it thinking I my be having a reaction to the medication. Since then, talking to my personal trainer who recommended that I see a his Dr who specializes in thyroid & hormones. I visited new Dr today they drew 5 vials of blood which they will test all levels of my thyroid, hormone level as well as any and all complete blood work including cholesterol. I'm awaiting an appt next week for results. Levothyroxine gave me great energy but lots of itching. Armor is out for me....no results in feeling better."

Sanzum June 3, 2015

For Underactive Thyroid: "When I was not on any thyroid medication and when I was on Synthroid, I felt lethargic, mentally slow, uninterested in life, appathetic, at times depressed, I had no energy for doing anything, nor did I have a desire to do anything - especially interacting with people (this felt overwhelming), I also had unwanted weight gain. When I finally switched to NDT, within a few days of raising my dosage to current level (4 grains), I noticed a huge difference in my personality, I started to enjoy listening to the radio in the car again and singing like mad (I hadn't even noticed that I had stopped doing that before), and I started to care more about friendships, going places, being part of activities, I stopped feeling depressed and I lost weight!"

Vickie Seeley May 29, 2015

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "After being on Synthroid for years, I went to a wellness clinic and was put on Nature-Throid. I cannot believe the difference it made in my life. I finally have my life back! The head fog is gone, my energy level is back and the depression has subsided also. The only thing Synthroid did for me is change the numbers on my thyroid blood test, nothing else. I would NEVER take Synthroid again."

Farmer T. (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 10, 2015

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "I was on synthroid, levothyroxine and then finally armour thyroid. synthroid and levothyroxine I was on both for 6 months to 1 year. No change in my thyroid and it also made me a bit crazy, I would have anger out bursts for no reason. Once I went on armour thyroid within the first 3 months my levels were getting better, we bumped my dosage up to 120 and my levels are now perfect. I feel so much better on armour thyroid than I ever did on the other 2."

mrsD92 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 4, 2015

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "I changed from Levothroxine to Armour in the last two weeks. I feel so much better in this short amount of time. I'm not so bloated and something just didn't feel right with the Levothyroxine. I have only been taking it two weeks, but the way I feel is good. I take 30 of Armour."

thyroidy (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2015

Westhroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "I have been on Westhroid for two weeks versus Synthroid off and on for four years. I was diagnosed with Hashimotos this month. Westhroid had me feeling like myself within a week. Synthroid had me miserable, nauseous, constant headaches. Westhroid is for me. I am glad I went the biologic way and I am taking my health back."

Cherokee C April 15, 2015

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Thyroid Cancer: "take 4.5 grains a day. So much better than levothyroxine."

ZoeRochelle April 11, 2015

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "My experience with Nature Throid has been very positive from the very first dose. Increased energy was immediately noticed. After 6 months of continuous use, I began to lose weight. The shoulder and neck pain associated with my thyroid disorder decreased tremendously. NatureThroid alone is not enough. I must take vitamin and mineral supplements to further lessen my symptoms as well as avoid certain foods and drinks."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 11, 2015

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for : "Some leg cramps ,increased heart rate. All thyroid problems resolved."

Anonymous April 4, 2015

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "Four years ago, I began taking birth control. After a year of trying to find the "right" pill, I was experiencing extreme fatigue, mood swings, depression, constipation, skin/hair problems, weight gain, and inability to lose weight. I stopped the pill and still continued to experience these symptoms. I spent the next few years trying to lose weight and trying to convince my doctor to treat my thyroid. She wouldn't because my TSH level was normal. Two months ago, I found a doctor who prescribes Armour based on symptoms. In one month of taking 25mg of Armour daily, I have regained my health and my life. Fight for your health and ask for Armour. If it doesn't work for you, it's worth searching for a medication that does to feel healthy again."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2015

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "I have been on Armour Thyroid for about a year with only a little bit of good results and then about a month ago I realized I should not be eating or drinking especially coffee within the first hour of taking it. I waited a whole hour after taking it to drink my coffee and I have finally started losing the 10 pounds that would not come off and I realized I was doing a whole lot more during the day and wanting to than before. I also noticed much less migraines. I vote yes! I would rate it a 10 if I could drink it with coffee."

buttheadface March 11, 2015

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "For the last 6 years I have been diagnosed with hypothyroid 5.28. I was taking levothyroxine. The first time taking it, I felt like my insides where burning and one night I was in the bathroom and passed out not even know I did until I woke up on the floor. I went to the ER and stopped taking it. Then 4 years later another Dr. put me back on levothyroxine but a lower dose and after a week I felt like I was gaging and couldn't breath and my levels where 6.50. I went to an Urgent care and the Dr. put me on 30mg of Armour and my levels where 5.20. I was put on 90mg Armour and my levels are 2.12 after 1 month. I have emotions now, as before I was numb. My sex drive, well WooHoo. Energy level comes and goes. No weight loss yet."

WooHoo (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 11, 2015

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "Like many others I received diagnosis after getting so bad that I could barely walk, couldn't get out of a chair without rolling over to the arm and pulling/pushing myself out. Was prescribed synthetic and got a bit better but my hair started falling out and got headaches. I started the research & insisted on the Armour. Huge difference., esp mental performance. I make my living doing analyses on high risk complex things. It was so wonderful to get my brain back. I had some help from a naturopathic Dr who suggest that I add supplements to address any adrenals damage (adrenal rebuilders). Final step has been traditional Chinese Medicine and I am now almost off the Armour, too. Western med will tell you thyroid is a lifelong path. Maybe."

AnonLady February 15, 2015

Westhroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "I've suffered for many years with low thyroid and had my med./dosage changed many times but still felt no better. About 7 weeks ago I began taking Westhroid Pure. Within the first week I noticed a difference! Now when I wash my hair, about half the amount of hair falls out and it seems like some new hair is beginning to grow! I also have more energy and better mood. I also started on pregnenolone during this time, so know that must also be part of the mood change. I'm very glad to be off the synthetic medications. "

God'sgirl February 10, 2015

For Underactive Thyroid: "Been on Thyroid S since December. Getting back to my old self..."

Qpips (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 10, 2015

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's at 11 yrs old and was on Synthroid since until last year (I was 28). After I was off all medication for about 6 months and my blood test came back at a dangerous level, my doctor immediately got me back on a lower dosage of Synthroid, but I had one of the worst side effects from it - so she quickly switched me to Armour and gradually upped the dose from 30mg until I got to 120mg and my blood levels were back to normal. I've never felt better! I started to lose the weight I gained during my non-medicated time and I have energy I thought I never had. At this point, I refuse to go back to Synthroid. I wish I knew of this before now, everyone around me can see the difference in my moods, a lot happier!"

DCOVA (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 5, 2015

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Thyroid Cancer: "NatureThroid seriously changed my life! I did so terrible on Synthroid; I was gaining weight despite the fact that I was working out and eating well, loosing my hair, major brain fog and headaches with aura and joint pain. I feel awesome on NatureThroid and am loosing weight even."

Lisette M. February 2, 2015

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "I was on synthetic thyroid medicine and I was still miserable. I strongly recommend having your doctor switch you over to armour thyroid. It is amazing. I have energy, my hair isn't breaking off, I lose weight when I exercise. I absolutely love it."

Satellite41 January 15, 2015

123 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: "My energy is back to where it use to be. I feel normal"

Dona M January 6, 2015

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "I have been on Armour for 13 years minimal symptoms.. Steady TSH and optimal F T3."

ITALIUNGURL December 14, 2014

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism at age 14 although I had a high TSH (in the normal range) since I was born. I was treated with Synthroid and levothyroxine for the past 7 years and I never really thought about how it was affecting me. Within these 7 years I gained and lost and gained again 75 lbs which was due to the depression that Synthroid was causing. I recently began feeling so bad and decided to stop Synthroid and asked my doctor for Armour...one month later and I am as happy and optimistic as I used to be before Synthroid. I have also lost 12 lbs within a month (with proper diet and nutrition of course). I have had no side effects on this medication and I am 100% happy I decided to switch."

Roksanaroxy (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 8, 2014

114 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "Armour has given me energy again and without any side effects. Synthoid never made me better. It hurt my bones and gave me a big face."

euma November 19, 2014

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 Next