User Reviews for Thyroid desiccated

Also known as: Armour Thyroid, Bio-Throid, Nature-Throid, NP Thyroid, Thyroid Porcine, Westhroid

Learn more about Thyroid desiccated.

TSH Suppression 1 reviews 24 medications

Thyroid Cancer 4 reviews 16 medications

Depression 0 reviews 75 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Thyroid desiccated reviews 112 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Thyroid desiccated

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "After being on Synthroid for years, I went to a wellness clinic and was put on Nature-Throid. I cannot believe the difference it made in my life. I finally have my life back! The head fog is gone, my energy level is back and the depression has subsided also. The only thing Synthroid did for me is change the numbers on my thyroid blood test, nothing else. I would NEVER take Synthroid again."

Farmer T. (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 10, 2015

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "I was on synthroid, levothyroxine and then finally armour thyroid. synthroid and levothyroxine I was on both for 6 months to 1 year. No change in my thyroid and it also made me a bit crazy, I would have anger out bursts for no reason. Once I went on armour thyroid within the first 3 months my levels were getting better, we bumped my dosage up to 120 and my levels are now perfect. I feel so much better on armour thyroid than I ever did on the other 2."

mrsD92 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 4, 2015

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "I changed from Levothroxine to Armour in the last two weeks. I feel so much better in this short amount of time. I'm not so bloated and something just didn't feel right with the Levothyroxine. I have only been taking it two weeks, but the way I feel is good. I take 30 of Armour."

thyroidy (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2015

Westhroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "I have been on Westhroid for two weeks versus Synthroid off and on for four years. I was diagnosed with Hashimotos this month. Westhroid had me feeling like myself within a week. Synthroid had me miserable, nauseous, constant headaches. Westhroid is for me. I am glad I went the biologic way and I am taking my health back."

Cherokee C April 15, 2015

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Thyroid Cancer: "take 4.5 grains a day. So much better than levothyroxine."

ZoeRochelle April 11, 2015

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "My experience with Nature Throid has been very positive from the very first dose. Increased energy was immediately noticed. After 6 months of continuous use, I began to lose weight. The shoulder and neck pain associated with my thyroid disorder decreased tremendously. NatureThroid alone is not enough. I must take vitamin and mineral supplements to further lessen my symptoms as well as avoid certain foods and drinks."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 11, 2015

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for : "Some leg cramps ,increased heart rate. All thyroid problems resolved."

Anonymous April 4, 2015

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "Four years ago, I began taking birth control. After a year of trying to find the "right" pill, I was experiencing extreme fatigue, mood swings, depression, constipation, skin/hair problems, weight gain, and inability to lose weight. I stopped the pill and still continued to experience these symptoms. I spent the next few years trying to lose weight and trying to convince my doctor to treat my thyroid. She wouldn't because my TSH level was normal. Two months ago, I found a doctor who prescribes Armour based on symptoms. In one month of taking 25mg of Armour daily, I have regained my health and my life. Fight for your health and ask for Armour. If it doesn't work for you, it's worth searching for a medication that does to feel healthy again."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2015

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "I have been on Armour Thyroid for about a year with only a little bit of good results and then about a month ago I realized I should not be eating or drinking especially coffee within the first hour of taking it. I waited a whole hour after taking it to drink my coffee and I have finally started losing the 10 pounds that would not come off and I realized I was doing a whole lot more during the day and wanting to than before. I also noticed much less migraines. I vote yes! I would rate it a 10 if I could drink it with coffee."

buttheadface March 11, 2015

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "For the last 6 years I have been diagnosed with hypothyroid 5.28. I was taking levothyroxine. The first time taking it, I felt like my insides where burning and one night I was in the bathroom and passed out not even know I did until I woke up on the floor. I went to the ER and stopped taking it. Then 4 years later another Dr. put me back on levothyroxine but a lower dose and after a week I felt like I was gaging and couldn't breath and my levels where 6.50. I went to an Urgent care and the Dr. put me on 30mg of Armour and my levels where 5.20. I was put on 90mg Armour and my levels are 2.12 after 1 month. I have emotions now, as before I was numb. My sex drive, well WooHoo. Energy level comes and goes. No weight loss yet."

WooHoo (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 11, 2015

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "Like many others I received diagnosis after getting so bad that I could barely walk, couldn't get out of a chair without rolling over to the arm and pulling/pushing myself out. Was prescribed synthetic and got a bit better but my hair started falling out and got headaches. I started the research & insisted on the Armour. Huge difference., esp mental performance. I make my living doing analyses on high risk complex things. It was so wonderful to get my brain back. I had some help from a naturopathic Dr who suggest that I add supplements to address any adrenals damage (adrenal rebuilders). Final step has been traditional Chinese Medicine and I am now almost off the Armour, too. Western med will tell you thyroid is a lifelong path. Maybe."

AnonLady February 15, 2015

Westhroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "I've suffered for many years with low thyroid and had my med./dosage changed many times but still felt no better. About 7 weeks ago I began taking Westhroid Pure. Within the first week I noticed a difference! Now when I wash my hair, about half the amount of hair falls out and it seems like some new hair is beginning to grow! I also have more energy and better mood. I also started on pregnenolone during this time, so know that must also be part of the mood change. I'm very glad to be off the synthetic medications. "

God'sgirl February 10, 2015

For Underactive Thyroid: "Been on Thyroid S since December. Getting back to my old self..."

Qpips (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 10, 2015

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's at 11 yrs old and was on Synthroid since until last year (I was 28). After I was off all medication for about 6 months and my blood test came back at a dangerous level, my doctor immediately got me back on a lower dosage of Synthroid, but I had one of the worst side effects from it - so she quickly switched me to Armour and gradually upped the dose from 30mg until I got to 120mg and my blood levels were back to normal. I've never felt better! I started to lose the weight I gained during my non-medicated time and I have energy I thought I never had. At this point, I refuse to go back to Synthroid. I wish I knew of this before now, everyone around me can see the difference in my moods, a lot happier!"

DCOVA (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 5, 2015

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Thyroid Cancer: "NatureThroid seriously changed my life! I did so terrible on Synthroid; I was gaining weight despite the fact that I was working out and eating well, loosing my hair, major brain fog and headaches with aura and joint pain. I feel awesome on NatureThroid and am loosing weight even."

Lisette M. February 2, 2015

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: "I was on synthetic thyroid medicine and I was still miserable. I strongly recommend having your doctor switch you over to armour thyroid. It is amazing. I have energy, my hair isn't breaking off, I lose weight when I exercise. I absolutely love it."

Satellite41 January 15, 2015

112 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: "My energy is back to where it use to be. I feel normal"

Dona M January 6, 2015

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "I have been on Armour for 13 years minimal symptoms.. Steady TSH and optimal F T3."

ITALIUNGURL December 14, 2014

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism at age 14 although I had a high TSH (in the normal range) since I was born. I was treated with Synthroid and levothyroxine for the past 7 years and I never really thought about how it was affecting me. Within these 7 years I gained and lost and gained again 75 lbs which was due to the depression that Synthroid was causing. I recently began feeling so bad and decided to stop Synthroid and asked my doctor for Armour...one month later and I am as happy and optimistic as I used to be before Synthroid. I have also lost 12 lbs within a month (with proper diet and nutrition of course). I have had no side effects on this medication and I am 100% happy I decided to switch."

Roksanaroxy (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 8, 2014

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "Armour has given me energy again and without any side effects. Synthoid never made me better. It hurt my bones and gave me a big face."

euma November 19, 2014

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "I was on Synthroid or levothyroxine for over 20 years. Never ever worked. I lost my business because I was so exhausted and brain fogged. I finally switched to Nature-Throid. What a wonderful difference. Back in business and feeling great."

DeeCee2112 (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 22, 2014

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for TSH Suppression: "It works well for TSH supression"

me2buc12 August 19, 2014

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "Within a week of taking Armour Thyroid my periods returned (they were gone 2 yrs on T4 only), my energy levels returned (I could barely walk or do any housework on T4 only), I can think clearly now (was in a state of confusion on T4) depression is gone completely (I was in a depressive state on T4 only and refused antidepressants because I knew it was not depression because of my life). I am out of the bedroom and functioning again. "

rc71 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 19, 2014

120 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Underactive Thyroid: "It took 15 years after Chemotherapy treatments to be properly diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I finally found a GP who also practices holistic medicine and she ran a series of tests that were much more detailed than what regular GPs offer. Although my TSH levels were not too high, I was very symptomatic with severe bloating by the end of the day, puffy face, lethargy, mood swings, bouts of laryngitis, nightly snoring and about a 5 kg weight gain. These symptoms had been persistent for years to varying degrees. Within 2 weeks of being administered Natural Dessicated Hormone Therapy there was a big improvement in all symptoms and 1 year later they have completely disappeared. I feel 15 years younger."

Deen12 August 4, 2014

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: "I have had Thryoiditis/ Hashimotos and Raynauds Syndrome for 20 yrs. TSH was as HIGH as 200 but never went below 65 in 14 yrs. I've had 13 heart procedures and 16 stents. A Pacemaker in 2010 due to a Heart rate of 42 but no attention given to a TSH that was 165. Now we are checking for PHEOCHROMOCYTOMA .. Also my GP has replaced SYNTHROID with ARMOUR. Synthroid has NO IODINE OR T3 needed for the body. Side effects are terrible for a week but my body is ALIVE thanks to ARMOUR. "

LAMF (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2014

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 Next