User Reviews for Fortesta

Learn more about Fortesta.

Hypogonadism, Male 16 reviews 63 medications

7.4
Summary of Fortesta reviews 16 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Fortesta

Review by Middle aged male RN (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Hypogonadism, Male: I knew I was having low T and had it checked; won't bore you with the details but it was extremely low. About four hours after applying Androgel I felt a surge of well being, almost giddy! Over a few days it levelled out and my previous moodiness, tiredness was much improved. Worked great for a year, then insurance stopped covering Androgel. I switched to Fortesta. At four months I just felt like it wasn't doing enough, and asked the doctor to increase my dose. He did, then at one year my testosterone level was only 150! For some strange reason, I just don't absorb Fortesta. I don't want to deal with the smell of Testim and, so I'm starting shots soon. Can tell when I'm low!

May 13, 2014 3:55 PM

Review by Cheerokeecheif (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Hypogonadism, Male: I felt drained went to doc and they tested me for testosterone. Was at 132. Been taking Fortesta 75 days now. Had lab results show today at 90. Dropped 42 for whatever reason. Still feel like crap. Have an appointment next Monday to see what doc thinks. I am doing 4 pumps of Fortesta a day since start, feel worse now than ever.

December 10, 2013 6:54 PM

Review by Stay Active Man! (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Hypogonadism, Male: Started taking Fortesta at 59 yrs. Low energy levels and the tests revealed a problem with T levels. Do have more energy. Do sometimes experience a shaky feeling during the day. Have reduced the amount to try to reduce the shaky part. Still a positive experience. I think you have to decide what levels to take based on your experience and not necessarily by the lab results. Glad to have this as an option. Some seem to think the higher the better, but I think the side effects of that mentality could be dangerous. I'm going to take the least amount that gives the desired results. And... increased libido is nice, but that wasn't the reason for the medication!

November 7, 2013 11:00 PM

Review by nalts (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Hypogonadism, Male: Worked well and fast, easy to use, no stank, quick dry and GREAT price with discount card.

October 1, 2013 10:20 AM

Review by Raybo1945 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Hypogonadism, Male: I am a 67 year old male who has suffered from low testosterone for many years. I have been using Fortesta for 2 months, and have seen a remarkable increase in my sex drive, and sense of well being. My penis has increased in size when soft to double it's previous size. Fortesta is great.

September 2, 2013 5:28 PM

Review by yutyut03 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Hypogonadism, Male: I am 25 years old married and since my daughter was born 2 years ago I've slowly been feeling less like myself. Most recently I've been irritable, low sex drive with Erectile Dysfunction and more emotional about things that used to not bother me. So I went to my doctor and low and behold was diagnosed with low testosterone. He prescribed me Fortesta. To be honest I was pretty skeptical. I figured it would take a week or 2 to feel anything. But I was really surprised at how quick I felt a difference. Granted I'm only on day two but I can definitely feel a difference in my mood and my gym time was more fulfilling than usual. I haven't tested it out in the bedroom yet but my sex drive has also been better than usual. I'm really looking forward to the weeks to come.

August 7, 2013 11:12 PM

Review by woodworker52:

For Hypogonadism, Male: I m a 52 yo male. Have had bouts with ED for a while. 2 years ago my Dr put me on Androgel as my T Cell was around 130. This year my health plan stopped paying for Androgel and switched me to Fortesta. Initially I had very bad mood swings, but calmer now. I am on 6 pumps. My strength is up, so is my cardio. Fortesta does take longer to absorb than Androgel. So far my T Cells are up to 238.

August 7, 2013 12:25 PM

Review by Anchorage213:

For Hypogonadism, Male: Fortesta was my 1st try with a hormonal treatment. My Doc rocks and had a discount card. Was following the directions as my Testosterone levels were not in the normal range of 400-900 mg/dcl. Anyway, after the same depression, insomnia, overall and weakness symptoms some described here, my mega blood work revealed that I was at 109 on the Tes-scale. Only warning I would put forth is to watch the dosage. I experienced some "fits of irritability" and then slight back pimples, etc. So I adjusted the dosage to half and lasted twice as long. Worked out well as I am of smaller stature at 5'-6" and 142lbs. Too much testosterone. Works well and dries quickly.

July 8, 2013 11:01 PM

Review by Jbfrenchy:

For Hypogonadism, Male: I am 25 years old and just started Fortesta about 4 days ago, my testosterone level came out to a 39 on my blood work which is extremely low and rare for my age! So far my mood has definitely changed for the better but that's about it.

May 18, 2013 3:15 PM

Review by Dale R.:

For Hypogonadism, Male: I am 56 and was initially tested at 246. Symptoms were low energy, continuous minor ailments, grumpiness, occasional inability to concentrate, and a low sex drive. I was put on 1% Androgel and felt better almost immediately. It was easy to apply and absorbed quickly. At refill time my insurance company denied Androgel and switched me to Fortesta. After starting Fortesta (4 pumps) the brain fog has not returned, but I don't always feel as sharp as when I was on Androgel. My energy level is okay but not great. And it's not as easy to apply, it goes on the thigh and does not absorb quickly. My 60-day lab work had me at 244, actually lower than before treatment, so now I am at 8 pumps. We'll see how it goes.

May 5, 2013 11:14 AM

Review by lex54 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Hypogonadism, Male: I had to switch from Androgel to Fortesta because my body wasn't absorbing the Androgel. My insurance wouldn't pay for any of it but Fortesta has a special patient program so you can afford it. You get the 1st month free and rest 25.00 once you sign up. It took a while for the pharmacist to do the override but it was worth it. So far after 7 days I feel it working and it's easy to apply. I hate getting injections, how I know its working because before I was suffering from premature ejaculation and it was very discouraging now I'm able to last longer, so yes its worth it.

June 25, 2012 4:21 PM

Review by Harley Fatboy (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Hypogonadism, Male: I switched from Testim to Fortesta a year ago since Testim was causing high blood pressure. I am 43, my T levels were below 200, I had no libido and fatigue. I am now using 8 pumps per day, my PSA's have been great, my pressure is great, my muscle mass is growing, my T levels are above 700 and I am a sexual God according to my wife of 22 years. The sexual drive, performance, stamina and "size" have jumped by leaps and bounds. I'm VERY happy with Fortesta. I should note that the original dose of 4 pumps did nothing for me so my DR bumped it up and maintained it at 8.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 14, 2012 7:35 PM

Review by Venomous76:

For Hypogonadism, Male: I been taking Fortesta for a week, I can say my mood has been better but still feel drained. I hope that this really works for me due to the fact I lost my wife and kids over me not being me.

April 25, 2012 10:49 PM

Review by majorlee:

For Hypogonadism, Male: I am a 54 year old male and experienced erectile dysfunction for many years. T levels were about 80 although I work out regularly and carry a fair amount of muscle. Dr put me on Testim for about a year and my levels went up to about 400 but the gel smells terrible, takes a long time to dry and is sticky when dry. Dr then recommended I try Fortesta. It comes in a pressurized pump that is easy to apply on your thighs. It dries within seconds and has no smell at all! Within a few days, I started to feel stronger during weight training and experienced more vivid dreams. After 6 weeks, T levels were almost 800! I had also tried the T implant, called Testopel, but I like Fortesta better. I do shower before bed to avoid transmitting to wife.

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 29, 2012 5:44 PM

For Hypogonadism, Male: I am a 54 yr old male with history of anxiety, depression and other mood disorders from about age 38. T-Levels were always on the low side of normal, but had recently dropped significantly. Symptoms became worse. Started an exercise program and could not lose any weight and recovery was slow. Started taking Fortesta June 5, 2011. I had no site reactions or any other adverse reactions. I did notice an immediate increase in resistance training performance, cardio performance and recovery. Weight loss accelerated even though appetite increased. Mood has changed positively, although not as significantly as physical changes have. Medicine is very expensive which is definitely a downside especially if this turns out to be a life long regimen.

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 4, 2011 5:02 PM

Review by austin2408:

For Hypogonadism, Male: I am 30 yrs old and had a T-test done because I have had the following problems; I had gotten more cranky than normal, had been on medicines for depression for about 3 yrs with not much success, was tired or worn out, hot flashes or something similar to them, low sex drive. Anyways got my results back and my level was only 84. I could not believe that at only 30 I was having to deal with this. Been taking this for a week and can already tell a big difference. It smells like hand sanitizer and goes away quick, easy to use but expensive. I will update as I progress.

July 13, 2011 6:29 PM