User Reviews for Androderm

Learn more about Androderm.

Androderm review summary

8.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 35 medications used in the treatment of Hypogonadism, Male.

Reviews for Androderm to treat Hypogonadism, Male

Review by Impfac (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Works fine but shots are easier

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 27, 2014 2:22 PM

Review by Buthead50 (taken for less than 1 month):

I'm 50, I quit drinking 3 years ago, and have been on meds for high blood pressure, and high Cholesterol. I had shoulder surgery in January, and the pain has been terrible. I have been taking pain meds. I have had no desire, or no ability to perform sexually over the past couple years. My doctor tested and my T was only 100. Extremely low. He started me on the patch, and after 3 days, I haven't noticed much change, I'm hoping it kicks in, and I get the results I am looking for. My insurance does cover all but $30, so that's a plus. Hoping for the best.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 9, 2014 3:48 PM

Review by Brooklyguywithhope (taken for 2 to 5 years):

I am 54 and been using patches 2 years, Testosterone is back from 190 to 400 on average; energy is back plus good marital functioning, if you know what I mean. I notice sometimes they do not stick well if water gets under it and do not place it on a body part with lots of motion. The longer you use it the better the result. My facial hair has filled out much more. Just make sure your MD does a CBC to make sure you do not have too much red blood cell production.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 16, 2014 1:25 PM

Review by Shawn1997 (taken for less than 1 month):

I just picked up my prescription and am looking forward to positive results. I've been on anti-depressants for about 5 years. I recently read an article that many older (I'm 48) men suffering from depression actually have low testosterone instead. So I had my bloodwork done and all my levels are normal, except testosterone, which is only 143... extremely low. Like many of you, cost is an issue. Without insurance it's $440 month. With insurance it's $97 month which is still too much for me. BUT I went to the Androderm website and got one of their savings cards. All you do is print it out and give it to the pharmacy. Now my cost is half price... only $42.

February 14, 2014 3:31 PM

Review by Joepeterson:

I'm 30 years old. I've been dealing with low Testosterone for over 3 years. I've found a doctor that has finally put me on this medication I been on it for four hours and cannot believe how I feel already. I have erectile dysfunction issues for the last year and it is working like it is brand-new again and it's only been four hours. So far amazing start.

September 19, 2013 11:41 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Use alcohol pads to clean the area, and the patch will stick to it 24 hrs.

June 1, 2013 1:39 PM

Review by patrickguy69:

I am an older guy (over 65). Last evening was my first experience with Androderm 2 mg patch. I was not expecting much in the way of results. About an hour and half after dosing my penis became fully erect and hard without any physical stimulis. This has not happened in years. This morning I woke with morning wood. More like a willow than a oak but I will take that. The patch did not come off in the pool doing water exercises for over an hour. Total Testosterone 381 Free Testosterone 55 So far I have been very happy with product

March 13, 2013 6:41 PM

Androderm HAD given me back a reasonable level of energy, upped my mood and allowed me to function sexually again. Unfortunately, with the changes to the product my insurance company no longer has it on its formulary as a Preferred medicine and the cost is about $1500.00 a year (co-pay's). I am looking for an alternative that still allows me the benefits of a patch, without the outrageous price. Good product but I can't afford it!

January 6, 2012 8:12 PM

Review by kmaverikaz:

I have been using the Androderm 2.5 patch for 45 days. My testosterone level has been 241 for the past several years. The first 30 days I had zero side effects. I have noticed in the past two weeks I am developing rashes, raised red "bumps", itching and swelling in the areas where I used the patch. This condition is actually considered a serious side effect that requires immediate medical attention. I have developed one particular area on my thigh that has become enlarged with intense itching. If it does not improve with 24-48 hours I will report the Emergency Room at my local VA. I will request my doctor to switch me to the gel which reviews indicate a distinct odor but that would be much less intrusive than these current side effects.

December 25, 2011 1:34 AM

Review by tanguy87:

I'm 24 and suffer from anorexia and I'm in treatment now and my doctor put me on Androderm. It changed my life I went to other doctors and they just prescribed erectile dysfunction medication. When I got into treatment I found out my level was at 201 and was supposed to be between 800 and 900. I got my appetite back, less fatigue, and all around feel awesome!

December 14, 2011 1:58 AM

Review by WaltH:

My only problem with this medicine is that it costs $4000 a year or $333.43 month.

March 21, 2011 3:50 AM

My doctor started me off on 5mg patches. The patches created itchy, red "polka dots" on my body. The red areas were about one and one-half inches in diameter. They frequently itched and sometimes the red area would become irritated and swollen. The worst part is that it took at least two weeks for the spots to disappear. I stopped using the patches after one month. I asked my doctor for AndroGEL. The gel does not give me any irritation at all. The gel comes in small pre-measured packets. After applying, you must then wash your hands. With the patches, I didn't need to disrobe to apply them. With the gel, you pretty much need to remove your shirt (or pants) so that you can rub the gel into your skin.

February 10, 2011 2:58 AM

Review by Lookin':

I chase all the women daily like I was 18 again.

October 4, 2010 6:33 PM

Using the androderm patches has helped raise my levels and fell better. However, the patches do not stick, and I must use strips of tape to hold them on.

September 30, 2009 10:40 AM

Changed my life too. I lost weight and feel so much better. My case was not severe but just enough to make me feel bad. I was not more than 15 lbs more than I should have been. Lost all of that easily plus I am able to work stronger and more efficiently (physically). I am so glad my doctor figured this out.

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 4, 2009 8:29 AM

Changed my life - only side effect is trouble sleeping

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 25, 2008 4:05 PM