User Reviews for Testosterone (Page 8)

Also known as: Andro LA 200, Andro-Cyp 100, Andro-Cyp 200, Androderm, AndroGel, AndroGel 1.25 g Packets, AndroGel 2.5 g Packets, Aveed, Axiron, Bio-T-Gel, Delatest, Delatestryl, Depandro 100, Depo-Testosterone, Depotest, ...show all 36 brand names

Learn more about Testosterone.

Hypogonadism, Male 338 reviews 63 medications

7.6
Gender Dysphoria 2 reviews 0 medications

Summary of Testosterone reviews 340 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Testosterone

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "For about 8 months or so I had started to feel completely different than I had ever felt in life. Now at 53 years old, I don't expect to feel like 20 but I sure didn't want to feel dead either. No interest in things, no libido at all, depressed, moody and didn't care. I had no energy...none! My first thought was it was thyroid related since I suffer from Hypothyroidism and just thought the meds needed to be changed. My doctor and I discussed it, took the various blood tests etc. The thyroid was fine but my testosterone levels had fallen almost 200 points since the previous test about a year ago. So, my doc put me on a one month trial of Axiron and what a difference. Numbers up 100 no more complaints!"

bcwells11 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2012

For Hypogonadism, Male: "Truth. It's safe. Great. Works. Self injections are easy and painless. Doctors office will teach you. Simply put I feel incredible. 45 304 testosterone going up to 800. Changed my life. Go to a urologist. A good one. They know. Good luck."

Thetruth (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 9, 2012

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I used Axiron at first and noticed an improvement but nothing explosive. I think the absorption was decreased as you put in your armpits and then have to put deodorant. T levels did not really go up. Switched to Testim and I have really noticed a huge difference. More energy, improved muscular definition (which was decreasing before treatment even though I am always active), sharper, much improved sex drive and mood swings are gone. Have not yet done a T level test with Testim, but I expect higher levels. I recommend that you really apply the gel on both shoulders (half tube on each) and rub it into the skin. This sure helps alleviate the stickiness to your shirts. The smell can be bothersome but what is the alternative? Low T?"

happycowboy July 28, 2012

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I had some weird side effects while on this medication. I experienced gout in one ankle then I had a tooth abscess then I had a sinus infection and then tooth pain. Not sure if these things were actually side effects of Axiron or just a coincidence. I felt incredible in between the side effects though and slept better and had more energy. Not sure if I will continue taking it."

Anonymous July 25, 2012

Fortesta (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I had to switch from Androgel to Fortesta because my body wasn't absorbing the Androgel. My insurance wouldn't pay for any of it but Fortesta has a special patient program so you can afford it. You get the 1st month free and rest 25.00 once you sign up. It took a while for the pharmacist to do the override but it was worth it. So far after 7 days I feel it working and it's easy to apply. I hate getting injections, how I know its working because before I was suffering from premature ejaculation and it was very discouraging now I'm able to last longer, so yes its worth it. "

lex54 (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2012

For Hypogonadism, Male: "I am 58 years old and my T level was 78. I have enlarged breasts, no energy, increased belly fat, and low libido. After my first shot I feel like I was 25 again, and my libido is STRONG. I had to ask my doctor to check my T levels at first and he was shocked! I believe mine was caused by opioid use for nerve pain. Also, have your doctor check your estrogen levels at the same time."

Glad Man (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 21, 2012

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I am a 50 year old male and pre-Axiron, testosterone tested out at 323 in the morning. I was feeling tired, sluggish, no sex drive and falling asleep in the early evening. I started using 60 mg a day of Axiron. I noticed a huge increase in energy and increased libido during the first two days. Day three I could feel the effects of Axiron tapering off and I returned to feeling tired and sluggish. After one month of using Axiron, a morning test of my testosterone tested out at 257. Axiron dosage was just increased to 90 mg a day. I am not sure why Axiron would work initially and then stop working. I will give the 90 mg a day of Axiron a try for another month and have my testosterone re-tested."

AnonymousinTexas (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2012

Testopel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I am the wife of a husband who was put on testosterone therapy of various forms through the years. I can honestly say it is ruining our marriage. My husband is 50 years old and we have one young son. My husband's personality is different. His sex drive is abnormal and embarrassing at times. I have strong fears that my son was exposed to the gel that he was initially prescribed. The doctor who prescribed it did not do enough to warn my husband of the huge risk of my son being exposed. "

Clipper235 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 8, 2012

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "This was my first testosterone supplement. My testosterone level was 249. My doctor prescribed Axiron - 1 pump under each arm (60mg) daily. In about six weeks, my testosterone level rose to 766. My method of application was to wash under each arm with a soapy washcloth to remove any anti-perspirant, dry well, apply at bedtime. Then I would shower and apply anti-perspirant as normal each morning. Although the supplied instructions stated differently, I was told by my doctor that the anti-perspirant would block the absorption of the Axiron, so I made sure that it was all removed prior to application."

Anonymous May 24, 2012

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I have been on it for 5 days, 2 squirts each arm. On day 3 I started feeling nausea. Day 4 I only did 1 squirt each arm and still felt the same. Day 5 I did not take any. Will try again tomorrow. My levels were 167 and I am 38 years old. I was tired all the time, gained weight, bad mood, not very happy doing things I used to enjoy. I really want this to work because I want to feel normal again. Still trying to get used to the application, works better if you use a hair dryer, dries a lot faster."

Viper63 (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2012

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "My husband had a really low sex drive..like headed for divorce court low.. He seemed here but not "here", sleeping after dinner, not interested in doing much.. so 6 days on the medicine and he is more alert and the sex, well let me just say, he seemed more fueled by the need, it was awesome. Now the smell.. I have no idea what people are complaining about, it must depend on your body, like some people can't eat garlic or smelling, it smells like he is wearing new deodorant, like when I sit close, I can't even smell him all the time. As far as me, we put his T-shirts in a tub with a lid do I don't touch and our animals won't come in contact. He uses disposable gloves and then washes his hands! This stuff may have saved our marriage!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2012

For Hypogonadism, Male: "I am 53 years old, started having depression issues and my wife told me I had the same symptoms she had before she went on hormone therapy. Had my testosterone checked and sure enough it was in the low range. I was about 280 which is the low end of normal but for someone my age too low. Doctor suggested injections to build it up in my system. First week I felt a difference within an hour after the shot. I felt like myself again and realized I hadn't felt this way IN YEARS. By the 4th day I started coming down, was told to get in the gym and work out which I suppose released more of the testosterone and felt better again. But by the 7th day started crashing. Just had my 2nd shot and feel great again."

fiboman (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2012

Fortesta (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I switched from Testim to Fortesta a year ago since Testim was causing high blood pressure. I am 43, my T levels were below 200, I had no libido and fatigue. I am now using 8 pumps per day, my PSA's have been great, my pressure is great, my muscle mass is growing, my T levels are above 700 and I am a sexual God according to my wife of 22 years. The sexual drive, performance, stamina and "size" have jumped by leaps and bounds. I'm VERY happy with Fortesta. I should note that the original dose of 4 pumps did nothing for me so my DR bumped it up and maintained it at 8."

Harley Fatboy (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 14, 2012

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Started out with mild gas, then went to intestinal pain, bloating and diarrhea."

Anonymous May 14, 2012

For Hypogonadism, Male: "48 year old obese male. I think I been suffering with low testosterone my whole life. I first tested last month with a Score of 78. I took my first shot 300mg and I felt great for about 9 days. It has reversed leg and foot pain and gave me energy like never before. I just took my second shot today and I am looking forward to a new life Thanks."

Hopeful Chef (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2012

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I recently turned 51 yrs old and have been on Androgen for 2.5 months. Started at two pumps/day and T level went from 280 to 190. Increased dosage to 3 pumps for one month and level went up to 201. I am now applying 4 pumps/day and other than a slight increase in mood, see no results yet. I shower at night and have recently started to shower in the morning before applying the gel. Not sure if this will help. After reading so many positive results, I have to admit I am disappointed. "

Anonymous May 3, 2012

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "It's only been a week, and so far I feel nothing except irritated underarms, I'm assuming due to the alcohol content. I asked my doctor to check testosterone level during my latest physical due to aging, gaining weight, lack of sex drive and basically feeling blah. They were indeed low so she put me onto this."

sluggish before my time (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2012

Fortesta (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I been taking Fortesta for a week, I can say my mood has been better but still feel drained. I hope that this really works for me due to the fact I lost my wife and kids over me not being me."

Venomous76 April 25, 2012

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I'm 56 had little energy, slept a lot and gained a good deal of weight. I have felt really good since I started Axiron. The change was immediate and dramatic. I look forward to taking it. My levels were very low and after two weeks of using Axiron the test showed the level was higher and the doctor was pleased. I feel a libido again and I have a lot more energy. My appetite is way down too, not sure that's an effect. When I use the applicator I hold it in one place against the skin for a few seconds before I move it around, then I slowly move it while pushing it in and out a little. Don't let it come off the skin and it now runs down my body rarely. Hopefully it keeps working. I like it a lot."

Anonymous April 20, 2012

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I had been using Androgel 5G dose but, began using Testim 5G dose in January due to changes in insurance coverage. I have found that the Testim has maintained my testosterone levels at the same levels as the Androgel. However, the tubes versus foil packets, are much harder to use and get all of the gel out. Hard to squeeze the tube when your hands are slippery. The biggest objection I have with Testim is the smell. The unique strong musky scent is overpowering. I don't understand why this product would need to be scented. I will change to another, product for myself the smell is so objectionable."

annonomous April 15, 2012

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I'm a 40 year old male who after about 5 yrs of slowly progressing into a grumpy, fat, couch potato, went and got checked for low T. Results showed it low at 250, with a free T level of 10, so the Dr put me on Axiron at 60 mg per day. Axiron is the only prescription I have tried, and I have been on it for three months. Got the three month results today and learned that my T levels (while taking Axiron) have DROPPED to 130 with a free T level of 3. I never saw the benefits that most of you have. This is the only place I saw mentioned that others have also had a decline in T while taking Axiron. I be it is a lot more common than we know."

Anonymous April 9, 2012

For Hypogonadism, Male: "Just recently got put on testosterone. I just did my first injection 3 days ago, feel pretty good so far. I have been a body builder most of my life. I'm only 20 by the way and my test levels were 266 after blood work from what I've read this is extremely low for my age."

dww41 April 2, 2012

For Hypogonadism, Male: "For 20 years I have treated my hypogonadism with daily, very small injections of testosterone cypionate administered subcutaneously. Blood levels have been excellent and consistent. Dosage is easily fine-tuned if blood levels are too high or to low."

Stickup April 2, 2012

For Hypogonadism, Male: "I have complained to Doctor for 14 yrs about low sex drive and erectile dysfunction. Every year doctor would test my Total T level and give me samples of the erectile dysfunction drug of the month and a script for 6 pills with or without refill. In that time I was treated for anxiety and insomnia. I also had surgery on my left shoulder for pain from unknown cause (no rotator cuff issue). Starting to have pain in right shoulder. I was in a very bad relationship and stayed cause I didn't think I could do any better. I was told to get Free T tested, I went to dr and asked what was my free T level last year, he had never tested it! It was low! I started to take testosterone cypionate and within 3 weeks I was off anxiety and insomnia medicine and right should pain is gone!"

Anonymous March 26, 2012

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "49 yo. Hypertension and diabetes. No sex drive for the past year or so. Primary care doctor said no to T treatment because her test results said normal. I went to urologist who started me on the 1% tubes. 15 days in and already noticed sex drive changes. Concerned about blood pressure though. Seems higher but cardio doctor just changed medicine. I want to stick with it and see what comes up next. Smell and stickiness no problem."

Phoenix II March 23, 2012