User Reviews for Testosterone

Also known as: Andro LA 200, Andro-Cyp 100, Andro-Cyp 200, Androderm, AndroGel, AndroGel 1.25 g Packets, AndroGel 2.5 g Packets, Aveed, Axiron, Bio-T-Gel, Delatest, Delatestryl, Depandro 100, Depo-Testosterone, Depotest, ...show all 35 brand names

Learn more about Testosterone.

Delayed Puberty, Male 0 reviews 32 medications

Klinefelter Syndrome 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Postpartum Breast Pain 0 reviews 29 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Testosterone reviews 297 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Testosterone

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: Suspected for months if not a couple of years low levels of testosterone (I am 46). Anyway, was tested a couple of times and levels were slightly below minimum. Got started on 12/30/11 with Testim. I am pretty self conscious of the scent. Anyway, I found myself wanting intimacy for the first time in months and we were both home! This took place a few hours after my first application. Could it be placebo effect? Anyway, managed to feel good the remainder of the day and into the evening. Had a big meal and found myself polishing off a dish that previously I would have not finished previously (interesting). I woke up two times after falling asleep to empty my bladder which is a rare event but noted side effect. So far so good!

December 31, 2011 1:07 PM

Review by aileron:

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I am 59 yrs. old. The last 8 or so years I have had no energy and NO sex drive. Dr. checked my test level and it was 16 (yes, 16). Doctor said he had never seen anybody that low. Started using the 5 gram tube. Noticed a difference the next day. After 1 month I feel great and my sex drive is way up, my beard is growing faster, etc. I don't want to ever look back!

December 30, 2011 11:29 PM

For Hypogonadism, Male: It has returned my quality of life. My "apathy" and malaise were so profound I couldn't live even a very simple life style. All I did was sleep.

December 29, 2011 9:34 AM

Review by kmaverikaz:

Androderm (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I have been using the Androderm 2.5 patch for 45 days. My testosterone level has been 241 for the past several years. The first 30 days I had zero side effects. I have noticed in the past two weeks I am developing rashes, raised red "bumps", itching and swelling in the areas where I used the patch. This condition is actually considered a serious side effect that requires immediate medical attention. I have developed one particular area on my thigh that has become enlarged with intense itching. If it does not improve with 24-48 hours I will report the Emergency Room at my local VA. I will request my doctor to switch me to the gel which reviews indicate a distinct odor but that would be much less intrusive than these current side effects.

December 25, 2011 1:34 AM

Review by TooYoungToFeelLikeThis:

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: Axiron seems to be working well for me. I am 35 and this is my first hormone replacement used so I do not know about how the others might work for me. I am awaiting my first blood test results after 7 weeks of usage, but I feel honestly like a normal man again. I don't know how else to put it. My initial levels were at 140 prior to starting therapy with zero sex drive that was impacting my marriage, fatigue and loss of interest in normal 'fun' things. Within 3-5 days of starting Axiron my libido returned to teen-age levels, I have ample energy and interest in my normal hobbies again. The application is a little to get used to, but once I got it, I have no issues. Otherwise it would have gotten a '10' from me. Thank you!

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 21, 2011 8:41 PM

Review by gentleharry:

Testim (testosterone) for : Hi there folks. I just wanted to add the comment that I have found this thread very informative. My doctor telephoned me a few days ago and mentioned I had a low testosterone reading on a recent blood test( excuse spelling). My chemist didn't have this medicine in stock and has ordered it for me to collect and use from Monday next week. The comments from my GP was a total surprise and it was good therefore to come across a community with this thread to give me some insight as to "what was what" about this medication. After Monday 19th December I will add here how I'm getting on with it.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 17, 2011 12:34 PM

Review by tanguy87:

Androderm (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I'm 24 and suffer from anorexia and I'm in treatment now and my doctor put me on Androderm. It changed my life I went to other doctors and they just prescribed erectile dysfunction medication. When I got into treatment I found out my level was at 201 and was supposed to be between 800 and 900. I got my appetite back, less fatigue, and all around feel awesome!

December 14, 2011 1:58 AM

Review by BadManlol:

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: 38 yo male, Low T, 290 at start, put on Androgel for 4 months, levels went lower even though I felt better and lost about 10lbs and put on a bit of muscle, went to Urologist for it going lower, he didn't like the absorption of Androgel so put me on Testim. Been on Testim for 3 days now, smell is strong and lingers all day for me, not bad but not good, 4 people made comments my first day on it, 2 good 2 bad. Still a hit to my ego, wife doesn't mind the smell, my kids said it is weird but okay, one female coworker said she liked it, lol. They all thought it was a new deodorant. Not sticky if you rub it in real good. I put it on last night before bed, no smell today after morning shower. Hope it still helps me this way though.

December 9, 2011 2:05 PM

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: Started 5 g tube once per day 6 weeks ago. 38 yo male. Initial T was 234 and on retest 312 ng/dl. Free T was mildly low as well. Feeling great now. Energy and libido are up. Strength at gym is improving. Morning wood is back! Focus, concentration are improving. I don't feel so cloudy and down. Tested this week and T was 629! I am very happy. Testim is a bit sticky but rub it in well and put a bit of baby powder on shoulders. Get tested if you have symptoms, and get your mojo back men.

December 1, 2011 12:12 AM

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I find the smell of this medicine intolerable. If I wanted to wear a fragrance it certainly wouldn't be this. I expected little or no odor but instead found that this stuff can't be washed off completely and the smell can now be found all over my house and continuously is wafting up from my skin and overwhelming my sense of smell. Based on my experience I could now identify any male that is wearing this as it is like waving a banner that says "guess what fragrance I have on today?". I was on Androgel for 4 years and now my healthcare provider has only this 1 option for a testosterone gel. I really can't speak of its effectiveness yet but I will probably find another method to dispense the testosterone!

November 15, 2011 11:58 PM

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I have been on Axiron for about 3 months. The first month I only did one pump and noticed a big difference in energy and clarity. My T levels were at 395. However, the effects began to wear off and the doctor asked me to go to 2 pumps instead. That helped for a while but I believe the fatigue is coming back. I don't want to use a lot of this. I need to get my levels checked again, but after a month and a half they had actually dropped quite a bit. I was also on steroid for a nasal issue which I am sure didn't help.

November 7, 2011 6:46 PM

Review by AlphaMale2170:

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: Been on Testim for 2.5 months. Huge improvement in mood, and physical stature. Started working out again. I feel great! Strong and sexy. Wife likes it too! My libido has increased and the reaction from other females is incredible. I lost 25 lbs prior to starting and am now seeing my abs again. The energy is awesome as I motivate a group for business part time. Love the smell. Application is a daily chore but worth it.

October 29, 2011 11:57 AM

Review by Jrod666:

For Hypogonadism, Male: Age 33, and stronger than ever I still suffered no sex drive and easily agitated. Now after 1st month and 2 doses of 200mg later, I feel even better and my wife finally got her man back. It has already made our tension dissolve. Even my trainer workout partner said no way I have low T. But tested at 267. Get tested, well worth it.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 24, 2011 9:10 PM

Review by kevtheis:

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I'm a 27 year old male who uses Fentanyl for chronic pain, and as a result, my testosterone dropped to 178. Aside from the obvious sexual dysfunctions from having low testosterone, I was constantly BURNING UP hot all the time, even with the AC down to 64 degrees! These hot flashes stopped within a week of me starting treatment, and my sexual functions improved dramatically. After a month my testosterone was 544, better, but still not where I'd like it, so I'm going to ask for the 7.5mg dose. I also have type 1 diabetes with insulin resistance, and the Androgel definitely helped the insulin resistance. This medicine looks and smells just like hand sanitizer and is very easy to use. The fumes can be pretty strong, but I got used to it.

October 20, 2011 12:56 AM

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I've been on Testim for 3 days. I have no idea if it will increase my T levels or not but the smell is almost too much for me to even care. I think it smells like an old folks home. My kids don't want to be around me because I smell funny.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 16, 2011 9:28 PM

Review by Rexiy:

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: Talk about an increase in hardness.

October 14, 2011 2:15 PM

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I've done Androgel and a clinical trial for Fortigel, both of which were applied to the upper thigh. The feeling of these treatments was different to me than that of Axiron. Axiron seems to fill me with more energy and I can literally feel it work as my body surges with more energy. Libido is improved, but not as noticeably as the Fortigel, but still good. I like the Axiron better than the others, it gives me a nice, well rounded energetic feeling.

October 5, 2011 1:46 PM

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I am a 65 year old male who was feeling fatigued with little or no libido. My doctor tested my testosterone level and found it to be 200 and after explaining all the possible side effects ask me if Androgel 1% was something I would like to try. The best decision I ever made was saying yes. After 3 months and no side effects my energy level has returned to all aspects of my life and all my test results are normal.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 30, 2011 2:13 PM

Review by dadof2:

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I was on a gel before and I'm going back. My doctor thought this one would be easier for me to apply, but the application process is a mess. Plus it takes longer for me to apply and sometimes gets on my hands anyway, so whats the point? My levels aren't any better than they were before. Plus I had to pay $25 for the script.

September 29, 2011 3:18 PM

Review by ChicagoRay:

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I have MS and the lowest testosterone levels my Doctor has ever seen, and frankly the first two months I've seen libido increase, mood elevation, even hair growing back where it was receding on my scalp line but nothing super drastic, so don't run out and get it for baldness or nothing like that. As for applying it, I've found leaning backwards like an desk office lounger like I have in my den slowly under each arm with shirt off and a fan going which I happen to have in the corner of that den, one of those 4 foot vertical Lasko's, and it dries almost immediately. I'm hoping improvements continue since I have many problems associated with MS, crippled on my left leg and foot-drop. Any improvements are welcomed with wide open arms!

September 26, 2011 11:56 PM

Review by Squiddly:

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I felt the effects of Axiron in the first three days. Changes are pretty quick and satisfying! The application isn't too messy if you go slow, and it dries very quickly, especially if you put it on before getting dressed all the way. It smells a little like hand sanitizer, and it has a texture like it too. Overall, it's fantastic! I am, unfortunately, part of that group of 3% of guys who experienced vomiting. It was encouraged by a night of mild drinking. After symptoms abated, I continued with Axiron, and have had no problems since. I love it!

September 20, 2011 7:28 PM

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: Worked for a little while and had seen improvements in energy and a little in sex drive. But, if you are trying to get your significant other pregnant get your semen analyzed before and during treatment. My levels were non existent on Androgel! Once we switched Docs and treatment my semen levels went back to normal. Hope this helps

September 18, 2011 1:35 PM

Review by nhrafan:

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I am 44 years old and I suffer from low testosterone levels due to removal of an underscended testicle in 2009. I began with injectable testosterone in November 2010, but my doctor has switched me to Androgel which I apply to shoulders and stomach area as instructed. I have noticed a very positive change in my energy and also I do not have anymore hot flashes, mood swings, or tears like I had been experiencing due to levels dropping between scheduled injections. Androgel is one of the best medicines on the market and I would highly recommend that any men suffering from the effects of low testosterone talk to their doctor. If it works for you, it is well worth trying. You won't believe how your energy and stamina will increase.

September 16, 2011 11:51 PM

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I have been using Axiron (60 mg daily) for two months now. Before I started my testosterone level was around 430, which is a little low for a 40 year old male (has been as low as 190). I was doing the injections, but the constant ups and downs were terrible. Needless to say I was optimistic when told about Axiron, but it's proven to be short lived. I had my testosterone level checked again last week and it dropped to 217! I suspected something was wrong when fatigue started setting back in. Anyway, I went back to my doctor today and he increased the dose to 120 mg daily. Will have my level checked again in 10 weeks, Hope it starts working.

September 12, 2011 5:19 PM

Review by Sunset in July:

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: I rated this a 8 - short of a 10 because of the cost. The renewed vigor and energy is enough to score a 10. To remedy the sticky feel; after application and the Testim is dry, apply corn starch (unscented baby powder) to a wash cloth and dust your shoulders. The Testim scent is noticeable, but hardly unbearable and is often complemented on.

September 7, 2011 9:34 AM