User Reviews for Terbinafine

Also known as: Lamisil, Terbinex

Learn more about Terbinafine.

Tinea Capitis 2 reviews 14 medications

Tinea Corporis 2 reviews 116 medications

5.7
Summary of Terbinafine reviews 177 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Terbinafine

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I have been taking this drug for about 2.5 months. I had toenail fungus on my toes, it actually hurt me to walk. The fungus started on one toenail and low and behold spread to 7 of my toenails, so don't think that it won't spread cause it does. I did a liver test before taking to make sure my liver was fine. I was scared to take because of the side effects I've heard, however I really haven't had any. When I first started taking I had a little diarrhea and minor loss of appetite, but like I've stated, I'm now 2.5 months into taking it and no problems. My toes all appear to be clearing up nicely, I have about 1.5 months left of treatment and I suspect that they will all be fine when I've completed my medication cycle."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I used the product for the prescribed 90 days and it worked!! Cleared up this problem I had for 7 years!! It works!!"

Rocksinger May 28, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Fingernail: "I took this medication for 90 days and experienced some side effects. The main one was fatigue and slight brain fog. To mitigate this effect I would take it before bed. I also had a dull ache the would come and go near my liver, but my liver test came back fine. Another effect was that it made me slightly more agitated and anxious. I experienced no taste loss as others have experienced though. It seems like new nails are growing in nicely, but it remains to be seen if all of the infected nail will grow out. Best of luck to anyone who gives it a shot."

Ryanman44 May 15, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Ive been on terbinafine for about 4 weeks now. Its a miracle worker. All 10 of my toes are infected and have been for about 10 years, finally worked up the courage to take it after reading all these bad reviews and being sketchy about it, I decided to give it a try. Within 4 weeks both of my big toenails are halfway cleared up and 2 others are on their way as well! Moving along fairly quickly. I didnt have any side effects really besides a change in my urine/BM smell but thats to be expected. Its the best thing ive done. Looking forward to this summer and showing off my FEET finally! Dont let the other reviews scare you off everyone takes differently. Good luck! -female, 24"

Oosally (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2016

For Tinea Cruris: "Jock itch Taking terbinafine from 21 days no improvements yet"

Singh hamilton May 1, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I have been on this medication for over 8 months now to clear up my toenail infection on both feet. Initially I was prescribed the lacquer form, but this was putting a greasy like film on the toe nail and I had to put it on twice a day, not helpful if you work in a office and have shoes and socks on all day. I have a blood test ever month to check my liver, so far all is good. At first taken the medication gave me slight headaches they pasted within a week, this is the only side effect I have had with this medication. My nails were thick and yellow and they were not growing the way they should have done, started noticing change first month, at this stage of the treatment, my nails have changed to theright colour and thinned. Recommend this."

on way to clearance (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 30, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "5 weeks now and minor rash covering 70% of body. No results to report to date. It's a wait and see. Will visit dr. Taking 1 / 250 mg / day for 45 days. ."

PHILBEE (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 24, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "My Mom took this. Make sure you have your liver checked often while on this med. I mean every week. My Dad is sitting here telling me how she suffered while on this med. She did not know how much she need to have her liver checked while taking it."

Louise Mandrell April 18, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Starting my 10th week tomorrow. Out of 9 nails 3 halfway cleared up, 4 with some results, and 2 with barely noticeable results. 0 side affects as of the 2nd month. My doctor doesn't wanna prescribe me another 3 months, he says it's bad for the liver. I will be taking opinions from a few doctors to get the best results. With this pill there's nothing for you to do then wait for it to clear up. Just clean your feet at least once a day/shower and you'll be good to go. NYC."

Brooklyn NY (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 16, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "25 yr old female; I've been on it for about 1.5 months now and I haven't had any side effects (that I'm aware of). As of the past few weeks I've noticed uninfected nail growing out - yay! The nail is growing slower than the others, so it could take a while."

Kristin /25 April 14, 2016

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Best advice:1.Get prescription pills & continue until side effects are unbearable,that product will clear it up best & fastest,Then switch to prescription polish. 2.Go buy electric nail file w attachments, keep thinnest & short as possible. 3.Change socks morning/night. 4.Don't share nail tools! 5. Sally's has professional liquid cleaner, blue stuff lasts year! 6.Clean infected toes PM before changing socks. 7.i switched from pills to medicated polish because of headaches & after 7 months my toe nail is clear & growing at a similar rate to others. I've read & tried all the tricks. If u follow these instructions DAILY it WILL clear up but your looking at a year. Add Epsom Salt 2 minute soak, 2-3x wk, plug bath sink,put foot in."

Best advice I wish I was told! (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 9, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "i regret taking this. Have been signed off work for almost two weeks. My side affects are Numbness and parasthaesia down one side of my body.. My leg felt like it was seizing up. I'm still getting problems with my muscles in my knee I have no energy to go out the house. It is poison!!!!!! I can't wait to feel normal again."

Leen7 (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "If this can help one person get the courage to get on this medication, then it is worth it. I suffered from this for over 5 year. It killed my self esteem & gave me anxiety. I was scared to take medicine because of all the side effects I read about online. When I first started medication (September) I had a slight metal taste in my mouth and general dizziness at times. The taste went away after a few weeks. I didn't drink any alcohol for the 3 month, and I stayed fairly active at the gym. (no alcohol was hard, but I was scared to risk liver damage) it is now April, and my nails are normal. It is so amazing to not have to worry about such a gross problem. Don't be scared of reviews online. Everyone is different."

Pink1234 April 8, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "After a month of taking this for a toenail infection I got a very bad rash over my entire body. It spread so quickly and became painful so I went to the ER where they confirmed it was a reaction to terbinafine. I went to a dermatologist who gave me a shot and put me on prednisone for 30 days and gave me some corticosteroid cream. After three weeks and merciless skin peeling my skin is almost back to normal. I was not able to take it long enough to help my toenails. I cannot recommend this medicine."

Courierman (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 4, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Started nov, it's now the end of March. 37y F 135lbs Suffered on one foot only almost 20 yrs. In the first month I'd get itchy spells but wasn't worried as this is a sign of Candida die off. I have IBD so maybe I had stomach upset as a side effect but it was nothing out of the ordinary for me so didn't notice. I didn't see any difference at first and was worried I'd be one of the unlucky ones with no change. After two months I noticed they hadn't itched in a while and they weren't getting thick. Though I saw no other difference I kept on taking them regularly since my liver tests were all ok. Dr checked them at 3mo and decided to keep me on another 3. Just in the last couple of weeks I noticed that half my big toe looked NORMAL! So happy!"

Hell'sBelle (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 30, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I was prescribed 3 months worth of the pills but it only 50% cleared up so they prescribed another 3 months, and now it is 80% clear. I have one week left on the medication and then I will just pray that the remaining 20% that is infected grows out. The doctor said you could stop taking the med when it was 90% clear - so 80% - 90% meh hopefully it will all be good. Fingers crossed. In terms of side effects. I usually always get the most typical side effects with any drug. So I had insomnia which I mitigated by taking this in the morning. A stuffy nose. And some issues with my mood."

Hercules21 March 26, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I've been taking turbinafin for almost three months. I have very bad fungus in all toes for around ten years now. I am now seeing lessening of the yellowed nails but still a long way to go. I've had no side effects at all. Would recommend it to anyone wishing to once again wear sandals and clear toenails."

My yellow nails March 20, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I'm on it for the 5th week and I already see results on 2 out of the 9 infected nails. Side affects as of now is fowl smelling yellow pee. NYC."

Brooklyn NY (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 14, 2016

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I had toe nail fungus on one nail. Took lamisil one month. Was supposed to take 3 months but i had a GI bleed and went to hospial 3 days. Got colonscope & sent home. 6 days later back to hospital, got c-diff infection, in hospial 5 days. Home in bed sick as dog 3 weeks. Got thrush on tongue. Lost tastebuds and everything including water taste nasty! Have lost 25 pounds because cant eat. Weak, tired and miss eatting food. I didnt know about the side affects or i wouldn't have taken this drug. I now believe it was responsible for all my medical problems. It is going to take a long time to get over the c-diff. My quality of life has gone down. I am 58 yr. old female who has had bad drug reactions all my life. Rather have toenail fungus. "

Vikkib58 March 3, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I've had fungus on 9 toe nails for around 12 year. Started Terbinafine 3 weeks ago and so far no results with minor left eye pain and minor mood swings. There's a doctor in my neighborhood that does laser with only taking cash :/ A family member did it and it worked much faster then just pills and much safer. I'll keep you guys posted. NYC"

Brooklyn NY February 27, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "The most horrific side effects one could ever possibly imagine , constipation , insomnia , total energy loss , muscle wastage aching joints. yuk yuk Think i should sue the manufacturer"

antiterbinafine (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2016

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Fingernail: "Not worth the risk! The fungus is definitely clearing up, but I've lost my taste so I'm losing weight (the wrong way) because everything I eat or drink is nasty tasting. I get hungry, but eat a few bites and it tastes like mush. I lose my appetite and stop eating. My skin is itchy, and I have a thick, coated tongue that's sensitive and achy with a constant feeling of something stuck in the back of my throat. Now I read that my taste buds may not ever wake up again! That's going to seriously lower my quality of life! If I'd known these side effects before taking Lamisil, I wouldn't have taken the risk! Using a topical twice a day of tea tree oil, Vick's Vapo Rub, or FungiNail for the rest of my life would be worth it to have my taste back!"

BabycakesLori (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 14, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "After 6 weeks of taking Terbinafine I've developed a foul taste in my mouth which I can't get rid of. Everything tastes horrible, I've lost weight and am feeling depressed. It's been 11 days since I stopped taking the pills. I've read it should go away after 2-5 weeks, but in rare cases it is permanent. I'm so hoping taste returns to normal soon, I'm going on holiday in a week and it will be ruined if this continues - as will my life be if it's permanent! My toenail wasn't even that bad, I wish I'd never taken this."

Sas55 February 10, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Fingernail: "Fungus on my right pinky finger got really bad. I tried Nystatin and tea tree oil which did not work at all. I went to my doctor and he prescribed me Terbinafine (Lamasil) and I had to take the pills for 42 days which were really gross. I finished it off and my nail grew half way in, only for my infection to come back a week later. The medication worked but the infection came back within 7 days. Upset I have to deal with the painful mess all over again."

Masiejfixown (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 10, 2016

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Took this drug a few years ago and it worked great. I had fungus in 3 of my toenails initially (and had it for a few years before trying this). They all cleared up after use of lamisil for 12 weeks. I had no side effects. But, within about a year, fungus developed again on my big toe (unless it never cured?). I'm taking lamisil again but I'm only 4 weeks in and I've gotten terrible headaches and pretty bad itching. I'm not sure if I will be able to go through a second round of the stuff at my 6 week checkin. I still think I'd recommend it because it did get rid of fungus on two toe nails but I'm not sure if the side effects would be too off putting for some."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2016