User Reviews for Terbinafine

Also known as: Lamisil

Learn more about Terbinafine.

Tinea Capitis 2 reviews 13 medications

5.7
Summary of Terbinafine reviews 85 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Terbinafine

Review by fungusbegone:

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: I have taken Lamisil for 7 weeks. I have had loss of taste and am a little more tired. The loss of taste concerns me. I have read some people got it back and some have been off it for months and have not. Even water tastes bad. Nails look better so I am going to stick it out and pray. It's kind of nice not wanting to eat sweets.....but I miss a glass of wine tasting good.....hopefully it will resolve.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 1, 2014 8:36 PM

Review by Ringworm man:

For Tinea Corporis: I had 8 different ring worm patches on me and no matter how many times a day I showered and changed all my bedding, towels and cloths and washed them in bleach I still could not stop them! 5 days on terbinafine they stopped growing and died. The pain in my stomach and constipation was bad and I had to stop half way though the treatment.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 8, 2014 8:09 AM

Review by Sarahh T (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: Got my first toenail fungus when I was 9 years old due to public swimming pool, it started off as athletes foot and later developed to toenail fungus. Throughout the years they spread to all 5 toes on one foot. Tried every topical treatment and past 2 years I did 5 laser toenail treatments and nothing worked! I was tired of not being able to wear open toe shoes and being a 27 year old female living in California this was tough! I was very concerned with all the side effects, but I never got any serious reactions. I felt like I lost some of my appetite and had some discomfort in my stomach the first month. I am now one week away from finishing my 3 month dose and I honestly can't believe it, my nails are practically all clear! Totally worth it.

July 20, 2014 12:23 AM

Review by nhgardengirl (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: I have been taking the tablet for about 6 weeks and I immediately noticed side effects. I rapidly lost weight after my appetite became nearly non-existent; I would eat 2 bites of food and then want to throw the rest away at every meal because I had no desire to eat anything. I also have a horrible taste in my mouth, which the doctor suggested I could help by taking it with milk; I haven't tried this as I don't drink milk. I have a liver test next week so we'll see if there are any negative results there. I haven't noticed any improvement on my toenail, but I also keep it covered with nailpolish 99% of the time.

June 11, 2014 12:36 PM

Review by poision for me (taken for less than 1 month):

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: Ended up in ER after only 5 days of taking it. Nystagmus, nausea, dizziness, light sensitivity pain low blood pressure dehydration rapid heartbeat and low sodium. Still not better 5 days after.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 6, 2014 4:51 PM

Review by Happy camper (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: Embarrassed to go barefoot and what not, all ten toes infected with this brown tint. Fed up I decided to do something about it. I heard of Lamisil and did some research on the medicine, was concern about side effect and live damage so I went for the laser treatment on all ten toes. After 5 months no change, toenails look the same, disappointed went back to my Dr and he said Lamisil works best for this infection, so after much thought and tired of my condition I decided to go with the Lamisil, still concerned about side effects and what not. Dr. ordered 1st liver test and came back good so here I go!. Almost 3 months on medicine and I couldn't be happier! Brown tint is almost gone and new nail is growing out & No side effects.

May 21, 2014 12:25 AM

Review by SILKYSMOOTH (taken for less than 1 month):

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: I contacted athletes foot terribly in 1982 while in military basic training. I literally tried every cream on the market with only temporary relief. I went to a podiatrist in 1997 and she prescribed lamisil pills one a day for 12 days. The itching and burning was gone in 3 days but went ahead and finished the remaining doses. This is 5-17-2014 and i've been athlete foot free ever since. This is truly a miracle medicine.

May 17, 2014 11:08 AM

Review by 777Steve (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: I'd suffered from toe nail fungus for over ten years. I'd tried every possible topical treatment but nothing worked. All ten of my nails were infected. I also had VERY dry rough skin on my feet. Doctors just told me this was dry skin and couldn't be treated. I researched Lamisil for my nail fungus but the side effects scared me. Eventually my feet were affecting my life so I decided I had to try it. It's AMAZING! I literally saw results within 2 weeks. In the past I'd trim and file my nails to remove the fungus and after that they'd look slightly better but within days the fungus would reappear. Not any more! And my rough dry skin stopped too. 7 weeks in and they're looking great, smooth skin and no side effects.

May 3, 2014 11:31 PM

Review by Mark6564:

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: 8 more days to go, so I figure if any bad side effects were going to happen, I would have had them by now. I noticed big toenail started clearing after 10 days on the product. Now, it is over a quarter inch clear from bottom up; the doctor said to give it 9 months from the start of treatment for the nail completely grows out clear. Two other infected nails showing marked improvement. Only the little toenail does not appear to be coming in normal. No side effects to note.

April 21, 2014 11:47 AM

Review by MFK777:

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: Just finished my 1st month of Lamisil and have had some side effects but I'm going to try and continue to take it. I'm so ready to be able to wear any shoes I like. I've dealt with this fungus long enough and really want this gone. I already can see a big difference.

March 11, 2014 12:02 AM

Review by Vio (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: I was on this medication for 5 months straight with no results. No bad side effects, but it caused very fast weight loss. I lost about 15 lbs without trying so I discontinued treatment in fear of losing too much weight. It slowed the yellowing of my big toenail, but did not help eliminate it. Will have to see the doctor for other treatment.

March 3, 2014 7:20 PM

Review by Nickname already in use (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: Dead tornail started falling off after 4 weeks.

February 24, 2014 10:01 PM

Review by sezza (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: Yes, brilliant been taking for 3 months. Wish I had done earlier, after years of misery and embarrassment during the summer months can wear my sandals with pride this year. Only drawback is my nail has a slight grey look and gave me bad wind very loud too.

February 20, 2014 5:31 PM

Review by toothangel:

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: I have been on this medicine exaCTLY A MONTH. My right foot, which was affected is having smooth skin no itching the nail is getting harder and better. I love the fact when foot touches the sheets is not snaggling and is not itching. However I have nausea, upset stomach some headaches, tired and my skin on face is very sensitive slightest scratch it swells ups and red. I have a rash on my upper hard palate that just came on yesterday. I want to finish the course I will have to see. I wish there was a single shot that would take care of this. Why is there such a tedious fungus that has to be eradicated in this fashion?

February 12, 2014 6:13 PM

Review by Nail and Toenails (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Onychomycosis, Fingernail: I have had, what I think is, a minor case of nail fungus since 2010. I saw a doctor and was given Lamisil pulse therapy with no luck. Later, the biopsy I requested came back clear. One dermatologist said it was a zinc issue after running tests. Still no change in nails after zinc tablets. Another dermatologist said my toes were fine (even though they looked so chalky) but gave me a cream for my pinky fingernail that had white discoloration at the top and a red color from the middle to top of the nail. No improvement. I finally just saw a podiatrist who didn't do a biopsy but assured me it's fungus. One month & I think there's clear nail growth taking over. I've been thirsty and a little itchy on my legs, but that's the only complaint so far

February 5, 2014 11:13 PM

Review by Pretty feet:

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: Took daily for 3 months. Worked like a charm! Tips 1) Hang a calendar in bathroom as a reminder to take pill. 2) Buy a multipack of cheap nail files. File the top nail surface as low as you can get it. Repeat often with new file 3) Keep them trimmed as short as you can. Clean clippers with alcohol between uses. 4) Use a secondary treatment for nail surface. I tried a liquid that you brush on, cream, or use coconut oil/tea tree mixture 2x day. 5) Soak feet 2x month in vinegar/listerine to remove dead skin & kill fungus. Using this method, my nails have no sign of fungus 1 year later. No more pain or itch. I continue the coconut/tea tree daily and soaks 2x month.

February 2, 2014 1:37 PM

Review by Mac_SE (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: Ok, so bad fungal infection on one toe for years which then developed across four, badly! Have just finished three months of tablets today and apart from a mild dizziness for the first two days it's been fine, apart from a noticeable odour in any gas and stools which has been constant throughout the medication period. In terms of the nails, my two big toes were the worst. But I can see healthy growth at the bottom of the nail beginning to come through, so am really hopeful it has worked. Remember, for the medicine to work it has to be ever-present in your bloodstream so try not to miss taking it.

January 10, 2014 2:53 PM

Review by Uros Lazarevic:

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Fingernail: I've been suffering from onychomycosis on my fingernails for good 4 years. Sadly, in first 3 years, we tried alternative medications, creams etc. which didn't help. Finally, I went to another doctor and she prescribed me Lamisil after running blood tests. My nails have massively improved since early this year. My fingernail which was 90% covered in dead tissue is now only at about 20%, and it actually makes me feel better about myself because it's got so better I don't have to hide my fingers anymore. Before using Lamisil, I've been using Loceryl for about a few months and even now, whilst using Lamisil, I use Loceryl from time to time. Side effect: loss of appetite in last few weeks. Food isn't as appealing to me anymore.

November 16, 2013 3:59 PM

Review by Gtdriver80:

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: I'm currently taking this for toe nail fungus, bare in mind my case is relatively minor compared to many I've seen. I had hoped to see some kind of results after a month because mine is just a small area on both big toes only, and read it may take a couple months to see a noticeable difference in major cases. It's been 2 months and NOTHING has improved and the small spot area's haven't budged. Not one tiny bit at all! I have SLE to which makes it riskier to take. I've got one more month left and seriously doubting it will clear me up by then. Luckily I've had no side affects that other's are claiming, just makes my lupus cause more feverish spells.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 7, 2013 10:14 PM

Review by lahwz (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: This is the second medication I've been on for ny toenail the first was when I was 20 for 6 months it started with a Z ( ithink) and it worked I'm now 24 and my toe nail fungus came back?!! Idk why? So I started taking lamisil just over 3 months ago (got the no tastebuds and felt lethargic) but after all that NOTHInG so far the only thing that worked on me was the side effects, maybe there's been a slight improvement but I'm just not sure as the difference is miniscule. So I'm hoping it takes a bit longer to kick in cos no waaaay am I taking more medication for this! so has anyone else had to wait longer than 3 months for results?

November 6, 2013 3:06 PM

Review by Geneve:

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: I noticed when I was 18 and having my son that my big toe on my left foot had a fungus on it. It is the only toe that has anything wrong with it. I started taking the medication when I was 21 but after reading the side effects I opted to stop taking it. Three months ago I went to the doctor and she noticed the fungus and prescribed me the Lamisil! I am so very happy that I stuck with it because the nail is growing in clear and when I cut my nails its like powder. I can not believe that I didn't continue with it when I was younger and I can not wait to see my toe normal again. The only side effects that I had were there was a bad taste in my mouth and food tasted very gross and bland not matter how much "doctoring" I did. Very Happy!

November 3, 2013 7:45 PM

Review by JessA80 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: I can't say the vast amount of side effects experienced by a lot people stopped me from trying this. I wasn't aware of it, then again, it was not something I brought up with my doctor. I had really bad toe nail fungus on all toes since I was 18. I am 33 now and figured I'd give it a go. First week I had a real bad headache that would not go away, even when I took Advil. After the first week I craved sugar like a maniac and gained 25lbs for it.That's about it. My doctor would not prescribe me the next doses until she received my liver panel. I didn't have any serious side affects and if I did, it wouldn't matter after I saw my clean nails in so long.They are slow to grow back once off the meds.Sorry it didn't work for some.

October 17, 2013 2:49 PM

Review by Carollyn22 (taken for less than 1 month):

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: I took Lamisil for 4 weeks. I am a Registered Nurse and I didn't realize that the medication could affect my taste. This is definitely the worst side effect that I have ever experienced with any medication. The change in taste almost happened overnight. All of a sudden everything tasted like motor oil. I have been off the medication for 7 days and I am unable to eat. I pray that I regain my sense of taste.

October 12, 2013 10:06 PM

Review by scoob67:

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: I wish I would have tried this many years ago! After many topical medications, this is the only thing that has worked. On month 3 of taking it and my nails are looking great. Had mild dizziness for the first week, but no side effects since. Would highly recommend giving this a try!

September 17, 2013 6:18 AM

Review by lyndarich:

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: Took this medication for eight weeks, had horrible side effects, loss of taste smell and metal taste. Headaches and stomach upset.

July 24, 2013 5:18 PM