User Reviews for Terbinafine

Also known as: Lamisil

Learn more about Terbinafine.

Tinea Capitis 2 reviews 13 medications

Tinea Cruris 0 reviews 109 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Terbinafine reviews 76 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Terbinafine

Review by MFK777: User Rating:

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: Just finished my 1st month of Lamisil and have had some side effects but I'm going to try and continue to take it. I'm so ready to be able to wear any shoes I like. I've dealt with this fungus long enough and really want this gone. I already can see a big difference.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 11, 2014 12:02 AM
Review by Vio (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: I was on this medication for 5 months straight with no results. No bad side effects, but it caused very fast weight loss. I lost about 15 lbs without trying so I discontinued treatment in fear of losing too much weight. It slowed the yellowing of my big toenail, but did not help eliminate it. Will have to see the doctor for other treatment.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 3, 2014 7:20 PM
Review by Nickname already in use (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: Dead tornail started falling off after 4 weeks.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 24, 2014 10:01 PM
Review by sezza (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

terbinafine for Onychomycosis, Toenail: Yes, brilliant been taking for 3 months. Wish I had done earlier, after years of misery and embarrassment during the summer months can wear my sandals with pride this year. Only drawback is my nail has a slight grey look and gave me bad wind very loud too.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 20, 2014 5:31 PM
Review by toothangel: User Rating:

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: I have been on this medicine exaCTLY A MONTH. My right foot, which was affected is having smooth skin no itching the nail is getting harder and better. I love the fact when foot touches the sheets is not snaggling and is not itching. However I have nausea, upset stomach some headaches, tired and my skin on face is very sensitive slightest scratch it swells ups and red. I have a rash on my upper hard palate that just came on yesterday. I want to finish the course I will have to see. I wish there was a single shot that would take care of this. Why is there such a tedious fungus that has to be eradicated in this fashion?

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 12, 2014 6:13 PM
Review by Nail and Toenails (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

terbinafine for Onychomycosis, Fingernail: I have had, what I think is, a minor case of nail fungus since 2010. I saw a doctor and was given Lamisil pulse therapy with no luck. Later, the biopsy I requested came back clear. One dermatologist said it was a zinc issue after running tests. Still no change in nails after zinc tablets. Another dermatologist said my toes were fine (even though they looked so chalky) but gave me a cream for my pinky fingernail that had white discoloration at the top and a red color from the middle to top of the nail. No improvement. I finally just saw a podiatrist who didn't do a biopsy but assured me it's fungus. One month & I think there's clear nail growth taking over. I've been thirsty and a little itchy on my legs, but that's the only complaint so far

February 5, 2014 11:13 PM
Review by Pretty feet: User Rating:

terbinafine for Onychomycosis, Toenail: Took daily for 3 months. Worked like a charm! Tips 1) Hang a calendar in bathroom as a reminder to take pill. 2) Buy a multipack of cheap nail files. File the top nail surface as low as you can get it. Repeat often with new file 3) Keep them trimmed as short as you can. Clean clippers with alcohol between uses. 4) Use a secondary treatment for nail surface. I tried a liquid that you brush on, cream, or use coconut oil/tea tree mixture 2x day. 5) Soak feet 2x month in vinegar/listerine to remove dead skin & kill fungus. Using this method, my nails have no sign of fungus 1 year later. No more pain or itch. I continue the coconut/tea tree daily and soaks 2x month.

February 2, 2014 1:37 PM
Review by Mac_SE (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

terbinafine for Onychomycosis, Toenail: Ok, so bad fungal infection on one toe for years which then developed across four, badly! Have just finished three months of tablets today and apart from a mild dizziness for the first two days it's been fine, apart from a noticeable odour in any gas and stools which has been constant throughout the medication period. In terms of the nails, my two big toes were the worst. But I can see healthy growth at the bottom of the nail beginning to come through, so am really hopeful it has worked. Remember, for the medicine to work it has to be ever-present in your bloodstream so try not to miss taking it.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 10, 2014 2:53 PM
Review by Uros Lazarevic: User Rating:

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Fingernail: I've been suffering from onychomycosis on my fingernails for good 4 years. Sadly, in first 3 years, we tried alternative medications, creams etc. which didn't help. Finally, I went to another doctor and she prescribed me Lamisil after running blood tests. My nails have massively improved since early this year. My fingernail which was 90% covered in dead tissue is now only at about 20%, and it actually makes me feel better about myself because it's got so better I don't have to hide my fingers anymore. Before using Lamisil, I've been using Loceryl for about a few months and even now, whilst using Lamisil, I use Loceryl from time to time. Side effect: loss of appetite in last few weeks. Food isn't as appealing to me anymore.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 16, 2013 3:59 PM
Review by Gtdriver80: User Rating:

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: I'm currently taking this for toe nail fungus, bare in mind my case is relatively minor compared to many I've seen. I had hoped to see some kind of results after a month because mine is just a small area on both big toes only, and read it may take a couple months to see a noticeable difference in major cases. It's been 2 months and NOTHING has improved and the small spot area's haven't budged. Not one tiny bit at all! I have SLE to which makes it riskier to take. I've got one more month left and seriously doubting it will clear me up by then. Luckily I've had no side affects that other's are claiming, just makes my lupus cause more feverish spells.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 7, 2013 10:14 PM
Review by lahwz (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

terbinafine for Onychomycosis, Toenail: This is the second medication I've been on for ny toenail the first was when I was 20 for 6 months it started with a Z ( ithink) and it worked I'm now 24 and my toe nail fungus came back?!! Idk why? So I started taking lamisil just over 3 months ago (got the no tastebuds and felt lethargic) but after all that NOTHInG so far the only thing that worked on me was the side effects, maybe there's been a slight improvement but I'm just not sure as the difference is miniscule. So I'm hoping it takes a bit longer to kick in cos no waaaay am I taking more medication for this! so has anyone else had to wait longer than 3 months for results?

November 6, 2013 3:06 PM
Review by Geneve: User Rating:

terbinafine for Onychomycosis, Toenail: I noticed when I was 18 and having my son that my big toe on my left foot had a fungus on it. It is the only toe that has anything wrong with it. I started taking the medication when I was 21 but after reading the side effects I opted to stop taking it. Three months ago I went to the doctor and she noticed the fungus and prescribed me the Lamisil! I am so very happy that I stuck with it because the nail is growing in clear and when I cut my nails its like powder. I can not believe that I didn't continue with it when I was younger and I can not wait to see my toe normal again. The only side effects that I had were there was a bad taste in my mouth and food tasted very gross and bland not matter how much "doctoring" I did. Very Happy!

November 3, 2013 7:45 PM
Review by JessA80 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

terbinafine for Onychomycosis, Toenail: I can't say the vast amount of side effects experienced by a lot people stopped me from trying this. I wasn't aware of it, then again, it was not something I brought up with my doctor. I had really bad toe nail fungus on all toes since I was 18. I am 33 now and figured I'd give it a go. First week I had a real bad headache that would not go away, even when I took Advil. After the first week I craved sugar like a maniac and gained 25lbs for it.That's about it. My doctor would not prescribe me the next doses until she received my liver panel. I didn't have any serious side affects and if I did, it wouldn't matter after I saw my clean nails in so long.They are slow to grow back once off the meds.Sorry it didn't work for some.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 17, 2013 2:49 PM
Review by Carollyn22 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: I took Lamisil for 4 weeks. I am a Registered Nurse and I didn't realize that the medication could affect my taste. This is definitely the worst side effect that I have ever experienced with any medication. The change in taste almost happened overnight. All of a sudden everything tasted like motor oil. I have been off the medication for 7 days and I am unable to eat. I pray that I regain my sense of taste.

October 12, 2013 10:06 PM
Review by scoob67: User Rating:

terbinafine for Onychomycosis, Toenail: I wish I would have tried this many years ago! After many topical medications, this is the only thing that has worked. On month 3 of taking it and my nails are looking great. Had mild dizziness for the first week, but no side effects since. Would highly recommend giving this a try!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 17, 2013 6:18 AM
Review by lyndarich: User Rating:

terbinafine for Onychomycosis, Toenail: Took this medication for eight weeks, had horrible side effects, loss of taste smell and metal taste. Headaches and stomach upset.

July 24, 2013 5:18 PM
Review by Jay62: User Rating:

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: This pill works wonders. It's been a couple of weeks and I can definitely see significant improvement in the overall health of my nails! I would recommend this given that liver functions are normal before taking this.

July 20, 2013 7:29 AM
Review by flyingRyan: User Rating:

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: I have dealt with athletes foot for at least 18 years. I dealt with the itching, scaling, thick skin, odor, and yes thick, brownish, ingrown toenails. I have tried everything under the sun to get rid of it. I even tried the home remedies like soaking your feet in Apple cider vinegar or using Vicks vapor rub on the nails. If I accomplished anything with any of these "remedies", it was pretty much just to keep the fungus at bay. No better, no worse. So I finally decided to do something about it and try Lamisl tablets. Started in Oct/2012 and finished in Dec/2012. Its now June/2013 and my nails look 10 times better. The thick, brownish color is gone. No ingrown nails. I can wear sandals now!!

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 17, 2013 1:20 PM
Review by Gustvosfitness:

terbinafine for Onychomycosis, Toenail: Been On terbinafine For 30 Days And The Results Are Impressive. I'm 37 Years Old and have had toe nail infection since I was 16. Never wanted to take this for fear of liver damage. I check my liver every 30 Days, so far I'm in perfect health and can see a new nail growing. The Big Toes Are In Very Bad Condition But I See Progress. Its Only Been 30 Days But I Started To See Results Within 2 Weeks. After 21 Years Of Hiding My Toes I'm Very Happy To See Them Looking Better.

June 15, 2013 8:53 AM
Review by CWURL (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

terbinafine for Onychomycosis, Toenail: I had a toenail fungus and started taking this medication. I've been on it for almost 3 months. Some of the nail on the big toe came off, which I think is good. My blood work has been fine and I've had no bad side effects. So it works.

April 25, 2013 1:27 PM
Review by Boozilla (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: I have struggled with athletes foot and toe nail fungus since I was a young child. I am 40 years old now and I started a 90 day treatment of Lamisil tablets. My experience was life changing. I didn't have ANY bad side effects. I had GOOD effects of clearing up that nightmare that I suffered from for most of my life. I never wore sandals or walked around barefoot because I was embarrassed. Now my feet look normal. I started seeing results and feeling better within a month. The itching and burning went away. The second month I could see my nails changing color from black to clear. I started taking my pills at the end of October 2012 and finished in the middle of January 2013, it is April now, and my nails are completely clear.

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 24, 2013 10:51 AM
Review by ksntex: User Rating:

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: I've been on Terbinafine for almost a month. I haven't noticed any results yet, but haven't really looked because I didn't think it worked that fast. I've recently developed queasiness at times and lethargy. Which could be from a variety of sources. Not sure. I have not experienced any side effects other than those. I'm hoping I lose my taste for foods. I'm hoping it causes weight loss. My luck, I'll be one that doesn't suffer that. I have no doubt this will work, which is why I gave it the highest score already. I'll report back in a few months.

April 7, 2013 7:31 PM
Review by sandal shopping: User Rating:

terbinafine for Onychomycosis, Toenail: I've had toenail fungus for as long as I can remember. I've never worn sandals, embarrassed to show my feet around my own family. Also very bad ringworm, so no bathing suites or swimming either. I've been taking terbinafine for about 3 months and my toenails are starting to grow out healthy at the base, it's going to take a while longer I guess, hopefully in time for summer! The ringworm disappeared within a few weeks! No side effects to speak of. And my blood work is all good.

February 23, 2013 1:42 AM
Review by Tul (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

terbinafine for Tinea Pedis: I used this on a tinea problem on my eleven year old. Initially it was extremely itchy, and I thought he was just being wimpy (shame on me as a parent), as he later developed a strong case of hives on the legs, which was exacerbated by swimming at a swimming pool. A strong red rash and hives resulted, before settling. He took an antihistamine tablet, with no further problems since.

February 16, 2013 5:58 AM
Review by 28 year old male, active, vegeterian (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

terbinafine for Onychomycosis, Toenail: I have been taking it for 3 weeks without no side effects. Here are some things I did to minimize the side effects: Super hydrated, drank 3-4 liters of herbal tea throughout day. I normally drink a lot of water. It's an excellent way to flush your liver and kidneys. Good luck!

January 4, 2013 1:19 AM