User Reviews for Terbinafine

Also known as: Lamisil

Learn more about Terbinafine.

Tinea Capitis 2 reviews 13 medications

Tinea Corporis 2 reviews 115 medications

5.7
Summary of Terbinafine reviews 108 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Terbinafine

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "In late November I began taking Lamisil as prescribed by my podiatrist. There were few if any side effects --- at least none clearly noticeable by me. Slowly the nails on the three infected toenails began to grow out healthy. The new nail was not thick or yellowish, and was firmly connected to the nail bed. My prescription lasted for three month at which time the infection had grown out by approximately 70%. My podiatrist said there was no need to extend the prescription beyond three months unless the fungus came back. It is now early May and I can say that I have no symptoms of toenail fungus whatsoever. I have had the fungus for at least 10 years on my two big toes, and well over 15 years on a pinkie toe. My nails are completely healthy."

Post Up (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2015

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I never had toe nail fungus until one day it infected both toe nails and some other nails on both of my feet. I went many years suffering with shame and fear that people would look at my nail and make fun of me. One day a friend suggested that I try Lamisil tablets and topical cream at the same time. I did and after about a month and a half of use all my nails turned pink and cleared up except the toe nail on my left foot. I am continuing to use the topical cream on it and it is clearing at a slower rate but I think it will clear up with time. I wish I could remember the name of my good friend. It's a shame I have lost track of him."

Happy Trucker (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2015

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I have been on the generic of lamisil (terbinafine) for 3 months and have about a week left. My toenails (4 severely affected, the rest just with a slight yellow tint) appear to be growing in clear. I declined this medication for years because I had read about possible bad side effects. I have had zero side effects with this medication and am kicking myself for putting up with years of embarrassment. I would definitely recommend it. The only bummer was not being able to drink for 3 months, but it appears to be worth it!"

L.Lisie April 6, 2015

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Got athlete's foot in a college shower back in 1992. It spread to my toenails shortly after, and I tried everything to get rid of it or hide it. It only affected my left foot, but my big toe was horrible. It was three times thicker than normal and really nasty. My best way of covering it up was duct tape claiming I banged it on something. I have taken Lamisil for a little over 30 days and the nails are all clearing up and the big toe looks amazing. I have dealt with this issue for over 20 years and am thrilled that it will no longer be an embarrassment. I would have given it a '10', but a bout of insomnia mixed with some really strange dreams took a point away."

THEE Chap (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 31, 2015

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I am on my third month of taking Lamisil. I had no side effects for the first two months and now I have frequent diarrhea (every day). I just don't understand why I am now getting the side effects. I am always thirsty, feel dehydrated and have a bad taste in my mouth most of the time. Slight headaches here and there. Did anyone else have side effects that came after two months? Luckily this should be my last refill of this medication. I haven't noticed any positive changes in my middle infected toenail, but a friend who took the medication advised me that it could take six months or longer for a new nail to grow in. Staying positive."

Shasha683 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 23, 2015

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I have had this infection of the toenails for about 12 years. Ugh! so embarrassed to ask the doctor I have gone through the misery of not ever wearing sandals or open toed high heels. I work in an office environment and would love to wear sandals with some of my outfits. I recently went to the dr and I finally told her that I have toenail fungus and she easily wrote me a prescription for Lamisil. I started taking it about a week now and have not seen any changes but I will definately give it time and check in and give my review again in the next few weeks!"

Just Beginning Treatment (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2015

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I have been battling toenail fungus for the past 2 years and I really tried everything I could in order to not take any medicines but I looked at my toe and the nail was starting to rise so I decided to ask my doctor for a prescription. I've only been taking it for a week and a half and this is what I've experienced. After about 2 days of taking it I started experiencing nausea, gas and bloating but I tried switching my dose to the evening before bed and I feel so much better. I guess it all happens in my sleep now. So far my toe looks good but I will post my results once I've been on it longer."

NenaM March 17, 2015

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I am a 35 year old male living in Canada and have had severe toenail fungus for the past 8 years. I tried every over the counter treatment possible and nothing worked. At that point I decided to see my doctor and he decided to try me on a few of the topical ointments and none of those made any difference. I saw in an add that Laser treatment could help so I went for 12 Laser treatments and the Laser Tech pretty much guaranteed me that in a few months I was see results and it did absolutely nothing at ALL. As a last resort I went back to my doctor and decided to try Lamisil oral or Terbinafine and its been 2 months on it and you can physically see the brand new nails (Not infected) growing out. I wish I could post pictures. Best Medicine Ever!"

VancouverPaul March 17, 2015

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I used Lamisil for 3 months and it cleared up my big toe perfectly...........Now my other foot has it on its big toe so Yes You betcha I am going on another 3 month dose. It really works."

Sweetdee33 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2015

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Taking the generic brand of Lamisil All 10 toes infected with toenail fungus more than 8yrs . Some extremely thick others discolored and some even cracked 1st month discoloration was the first thing to Clear up also any athletes foot cleared up immediately 2nd month The thickness in nails has started to disappear 3rd month have noticed the bottom half of the nails have come in clear on a few of the nails Note dr. recommended after showering to clean out the bottom of the toenails then let them dry fully then file them down slightly this has really improved the look of my toenails My insurance covered the cost of the generic brand which is less than five dollars a month"

Venus 48 March 7, 2015

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Update from last year when I started treatment in February. Little toes on both feet clear , the bigger toes on both feet 70% clear and let my say I'm very satisfied with the results so far , from a worst condition to a moderate one is big for me, thank you so much for restoring a quality of life back to me."

Happy camper (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 23, 2015

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "YES, YES, YES it worked!!!! I'm happy to report that after only 19-days on terbinafine HCl 250 mg tablets, I woke up this morning to a clear 'pinky' toenail - yay, yay, yay!!! The best part of it all is that I have not experienced any side effects. I'm due for a liver panel test on 2/23/15 and will ask my doctor if can stop taking this med or stay on it for the 90-day treatment."

solytierra (taken for less than 1 month) February 16, 2015

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I started taking the generic of Lamisil several weeks ago for the awful fungus on all of my toes. I had previously taken this drug years ago with no side effects, however this time after two weeks I had stomach cramps and everything tasted weird. I continued to take it minimal symptoms until I had two pills left. I started having stomach pain again and a terrible backache. I went to the doctor and had blood tested again and kidney and liver tested o.k. I was diagnosed with a UTI and told to discontinue the terbinafine. I took an antibiotic (ciprofloxacn) but didn't feel any better. Now taking Amoxicillin, however my back still aches constantly. I am a 65 year old female."

Fungusamungus (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2015

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I've been on terbinafine for 3 months. I had toe nail fungus for about 5 years before it started to get worse and I finally realized what it was. After 3 months, the fungus is basically non-existent. I still have a little bit (my toenail was extremely thick and impossible to cut without scissors) I got another prescription for a month and I can see it gone completely by then. I have not experienced any of the side effects that were listed. I would recommend this!"

JoDacee January 31, 2015

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I have had toenail fungus on both big toenails and one little toenail for 20 years and have tried all sorts of topical treatments. I also tried two laser treatments. Topical and laser treatments worked a little but didn't knock out the fungus. Just finishing my third month on Terbinafine and it has worked very well. New nail growth looks fabulous and appears to be healthy. I probably need to stay on medication for another three months until diseased nails grow out completely and are trimmed off. No noticeable side affects except a little upset tummy...especially the first two weeks. I am very pleased. Sixty yo male."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 14, 2015

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I have had this condition for YEARS. With no progress using any other meds. LAMISIL cleared it up COMPLETELY in 2 months. The doctor warned that it could take up to 6 months to a year to see any results but thankfully it was way less time then predicted."

jennoriah January 11, 2015

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I've and toenail fungus for almost 15 years. I tried all the OTC and home remedies. I finally tried terbinafine daily for almost 3 months. I had an upset stomach and a metallic taste in my mouth but got used to it and it appeared to go away. To my surprise my big toe nail became very shiny and clear but I still was skeptical. Almost two months went by and I noticed my smaller nails were pink. I couldn't believe it. I was so used to these ugly things that I guess I never really looked at them. The two smallest nails I'm still not sure if they'll come in so I didn't give the rating a 10. I'm going to go a few more months to make sure. We'll see but I have hope."

skoby (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2014

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I have had toenail fungus for over 10 yrs. I have tried every over the counter medication and expensive drops. I had used Vinegar and Listerine, Vicks vapor rub and even two doses of the pin point laser, without any dramatic changes. I was getting so fed up. The laser doc, decided to give me a 3 month dosage of terbinafine. I am on my last week, and my toe nails have DRAMATICALLY gotten better. I just stare at them all of the time because I can't believe it. In another two or three weeks they will be perfect. I have not had any side effects from the medication, although I will be having a liver check in a couple of weeks."

Fungas December 29, 2014

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "After 6 years of toenail fungus creams, toenail removal, laser treatments, spraying (soaking) inside my shoes with Lysol spray disinfectant after wearing, alternating shoes daily--same pair every third day, soaking feet in regular Lysol (this really helped with flare-ups), nothing would keep this fungus at bay. Then I tried terbinafine: after 3 weeks my knee and leg quit aching, my nasal sinuses dried up (no more disgusting green stuff to cough up), all other bodily aches and pains cleared up as well (I'm 68.). Oh, sure, there were some slight tummy problems, with diarrhea and loss of appetite, but only temporarily. Have been off meds now for several weeks; toenail looks better, but pain in knee/leg has returned. Love this stuff!"

Diane I (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 17, 2014

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I am so glad that my foot doctor prescribed this medication to me. For years I tried over-the-counter medications and creams and liquids...to no avail. I have had slight side effects such as headaches, tiredness and smelly gas. But overall, I am very happy. I am almost done with my second bottle and I glad to say that my big toes are almost all clear. If only my little toes will hurry and catch up with the big toes."

healthygirl2014 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2014

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I started in July, it's been 3 months. I have had the foot issue for years, so I suspect it will take some time to heal. I do see proper coloring showing up at the bottom of the nail, so I am hopeful. The new clear part looks good. It's too bad that it is probably going to take a year for the entire nail to show up correctly. I have had no side effects, and if I had a loss of appetite or taste, I would be incredibly happy that the medicine would solve two problems at once. Cost-wise, I think that the entire bottle will last the full time."

Punkie44 November 8, 2014

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I have had an infection on all 10 toenails since I was in my early teens - either through poor hygiene or communal swimming area. I am now 38 and in the last 5 or so years I became fed up with hiding my feet, so began to use topical treatments to little avail. I then went for laser treatment and wasted a lot of money. As a last resort I went to the doctor, he prescribed me Terbinafine and within a couple of weeks i noticed clean and clear nails growing from the bed. Almost 6 months in and my nails are practically clear of the infection. If only I had started taking this years ago rather than wasting money on on the counter treatments. Am now looking forward to my next holiday where I will finally be able to wear whatever footwear I want."

myceliom October 14, 2014

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "%u0130 have lived with this problem for more then 2 years, nothing worked except Lamisil. Keeping there and using regularly will get the result. My toe is clean and flawless like before. Didn't have any side effects."

Ozzz October 7, 2014

Lamisil (terbinafine) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I have taken Lamisil for 7 weeks. I have had loss of taste and am a little more tired. The loss of taste concerns me. I have read some people got it back and some have been off it for months and have not. Even water tastes bad. Nails look better so I am going to stick it out and pray. It's kind of nice not wanting to eat sweets.....but I miss a glass of wine tasting good.....hopefully it will resolve."

fungusbegone September 1, 2014

For Tinea Corporis: "I had 8 different ring worm patches on me and no matter how many times a day I showered and changed all my bedding, towels and cloths and washed them in bleach I still could not stop them! 5 days on terbinafine they stopped growing and died. The pain in my stomach and constipation was bad and I had to stop half way though the treatment. "

Ringworm man August 8, 2014