Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Temazepam

Also known as: Restoril

Learn more about Temazepam.

Temazepam review summary

7.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 77 medications used in the treatment of Insomnia.

Reviews for Temazepam to treat Insomnia

Review by Schrag (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Temazepam helps me fall asleep, but it doesn't help me stay asleep beyond three or four hours. So, I set my alarm for 3 AM every night and take a second Temazepam pill. So I take 15mg before bed and then another 15mg at 3 AM and I sleep till six or seven and that works.

February 19, 2015 9:27 PM

Review by apileoftile:

I have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, as well as a high level of Anxiety coupled with Sleep Apnea and severe snoring if I did fall asleep. Finally, a daily dosage of Xanax ER in the morning, 30mg of Temazepam at night with 20mg of Diazepam and the option of up to 4mg of Lunesta has kept me asleep. Crazy Dreams when I remember them, I talk a lot while asleep, but wake up feeling like at least I had slept. I do wonder though what all this is doing to me physically, and how long it will last.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 1, 2015 7:30 PM

Review by JessieKinz:

I'm a 20 year old male and recently tore a muscle in my pelvic area, which radiated pain to my groin area as well. The pain worsened at night and caused me real bad restlessness and insomnia. Along with pain medication, Restoril (temazepam) was really a lifesaver. It does double duty by relaxing my muscle spasms AND relaxes my mind so I can sleep with my pain. It's gentle enough to take in the evening (you don't have to take it right when you get into bed, like Ambien). Causes no side effects for me, either. I wake up refreshed.

January 8, 2015 4:03 PM

Review by Kitty1859 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

This is the only thing that helps me fall asleep and STAY asleep, and I have tried everything. I started out at 15 mg, but then cut back to 7.5 which worked fine. I highly recommend this one.

December 21, 2014 8:05 PM

Review by jeffreydbrown (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Restoril (temazepam): I have suffered from complex insomnia (trouble falling asleep as well as trouble staying asleep), secondary to severe major depressive disorder, for many years. I have lost count of the sleep meds that worked for a while until I developed a tolerance. I have walked a tightrope between meds that don't help at all and those that make me sleep all day. My current solution is a combination of temazepam to help me fall asleep and Seroquel to help me stay asleep. It's the result of a lot of trial and error, and it is regulating my sleep better than anything I have ever experienced. Now if can just avoid building up a tolerance...

December 20, 2014 10:31 AM

Review by b2g1947 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Restoril (temazepam): Been on numerous sleeping aids for years. After a while they don't always work. At present I'm on 30mg-Temazepam. It takes 2 hrs. for it to work on me. After 2 1/2 hrs and still haven't fallen asleep I have to take some over the counter medicine with it. Been on Ambien and Lunesta prior. Don't know what else to do.

December 15, 2014 8:32 PM

Review by Clc 46:

Restoril (temazepam): It helps you fall asleep. But does not help you stay asleep. I wake up at 3:00 every morning. It is very frustrating. I am on 15 mg.

December 15, 2014 3:20 AM

Review by ronil1623sue:

Restoril (temazepam): Been not sleeping for over 10 months now. Usually over the years just a week at a time. This time up 3-4 times a night. About 4 hours of sleep. Started Restoril last night. Slept straight through. Yeay

November 23, 2014 6:55 PM

Review by GrandmaLucy (taken for less than 1 month):

1St night amazing, after trying so many others that haven't worked at all. I mean I stayed awake right through them. 30mg of temazepam and I was passed out within 30 minutes and slept hard for almost 6 hours, that's NEVER happened before. I'm so excited. No hangover. Feel clear, rested and hopeful tonight will work the same.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 3, 2014 6:51 AM

Review by HBA24:

I took temazapam last night for the first time, only (15mg). It didn't make me very sleepy, so it took about and hour before I could fall asleep, but I was unable to wake up this morning when my alarm went off! I slept from 11 pm to 2pm the next day! Very odd.

September 29, 2014 3:30 PM

Review by Tropical2:

I have been taking 10 mg per night for 29 years. It relaxes me so I can sleep for 4-5 hrs tops.

September 26, 2014 5:52 AM

Review by ladyx:

Doesn't put me to sleep 15-30mg, requesting alternative

August 23, 2014 4:37 AM

Review by Sleep deprived:

Restoril (temazepam): I took 15mg when 1st prescribed the medication, it did nothing. The 2nd night I tried 30mg, it worked, but the 3rd night I tried 30....still up, I took another 15mg. Hope to feel sleepy soon.

August 11, 2014 12:52 AM

Review by Ben_Reu (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Restoril (temazepam): False awakening dreams, night mares, vivid dreams, reduced effectiveness over time.

June 10, 2014 1:16 AM

Review by 1216Looney7058:

Usually allows a half hour to an hours worth of sleep......that is the 30mg.

May 30, 2014 6:10 AM

Review by gaygay16915 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have been taking this medication for 30 days as a trial to replace what I had been taking. It takes a good 10 hours before I feel sleepy. I now take it at 4pm and go to bed around 3 am. Once it works, I sleep great with it. I am considering taking it earlier in the day. Kind of crazy isn't it ?

May 27, 2014 9:06 PM

Review by Dc23 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Out of no where I started developing insomnia. After 2 days straight of no sleep I went to the doctors and prescribed me zopiclone. Worked the first 3 to 4 days then wore off so he prescribed me temazepam which helped me get to sleep and stay asleep. Took it for around a week then ran out. Didn't want to go back and get more as I knew I would develop a tolerance for the medicine and become addicted. It was then back to nights of no sleep.

May 16, 2014 6:24 PM

Review by lovegretel:

I love this medicine. Besides using it for sleep, I also use it for fibromyalgia. 15mg in the morning.

April 29, 2014 9:39 PM

Review by QuailMama:

Temazepam works fantastic for insomnia. I am not really sure why I developed insomnia; It just happened. If you don't mind using a prescription medicine, it's the best for insomnia. No side effects to report, and no next-day drowsiness. I use the lowest dose- 7.5mg, with melatonin, because melatonin is a powerful antioxidant, and I sleep great, feeling refreshed in the morning. I thank God for both temazepam and melatonin.

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 28, 2014 3:01 AM

Review by fn:

Restoril (temazepam): This is the best sleeping pill I've ever tried. 30 years now, and still no tolerance issues. I wake up refreshed, no hangover, unlike all the other sleeping pills, as temazepam is very mild, yet it keeps you asleep. I take 15 or 30 mg, depending how I feel. I have tried Halcion and Dalmane, which weren't very effective. I also tried Ambien in the mid 90s and had horrible sleepwalking episodes. This has never happened with Restoril.

138 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 21, 2014 9:38 AM

Review by slumber 52:

By 3rd night of use, it became ineffective. My system built up tolerance quickly. Fourth night I took 40 mgs and only 4 hours of sleep. Dr. just prescribed a months worth. Now I must find an alternative while I ween myself off temazepam. Not easy since I wasn't getting any sleep at all before I started.

December 28, 2013 8:15 AM

Review by slumber 52 (taken for less than 1 month):

Restoril (temazepam): For months been having severe insomnia. Waking 3 or 4 times during the night, never getting more than 4 hours of sleep. Twice in the span of a week and a half no sleep at all. Always feeling tired but not drowsy. I was given prescription for 10.-15mg of Restoril by an ER doctor. Took half a dose one afternoon and slept for 3 hours. Took the other half that early evening and knocked out after 20 minutes and slept for 6 hours. No side effects. Feeling better.

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 25, 2013 11:03 AM

Review by hunterboy:

I have been taking Temazapam for approximately 20 years with great results. The key is to take it sparingly, and no more than one time per week. I usually take it approximately one time every 10-14 days, and it works wonderfully. I normally go to sleep within 10 minutes and sleep 6-8 hours uninterrupted and wake totally clear headed and no grogginess.

December 12, 2013 10:54 AM

Review by sleepless Krista (taken for less than 1 month):

Worked for the first couple weeks. Now I am up to 60mg just to get to sleep. Its been two hrs and no sleep. Its slowly not working anymore. Been on it for a month.

December 9, 2013 4:59 AM