User Reviews for Temazepam

Also known as: Restoril

Learn more about Temazepam.

Temazepam Rating Summary

7.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 83 medications used in the treatment of Insomnia.

Reviews for Temazepam to treat Insomnia

"I've had problems falling asleep and staying asleep for the past couple of years. I could not sleep more than 2 hrs without waking, assuming I fell asleep at all. The first couple of nights on Restoril were disappointing. I stuck with it, though, and am now sleeping much better through the night. The only thing is that this medication has no immediate effect on me. I take it 2-3 hours before bedtime, but do sleep much better through the night. I do wake up groggy though."

Boogie man February 5, 2016

Restoril (temazepam): "Tried ambien, Ativan ...then dr prescribed restoril. Scared at first to take it. On it over a year now, works just fine. Helps me sleep through hot flashes, Graves Disease symptoms, husbands snoring even. I take with 5 mg melatonin on EMPTY stomach, at least 2 hours after any food or it doesn't work. It's been such a relief for me to get my sleep."

Gravester February 4, 2016

"Like others, I just simply stopped sleeping. Bang, outta the blue insomnia hit me. No traumatic emotional experiences no depression. My mind WILL NOT shut off. But, Dr still insisted I try antidepressants. I tried several with no help. Then on to the sleeping pills, Trazadone was a nightmare, Ambien, Lunesta, Xanax, no help whatsoever. Then finally, finally, I found a new "OLD" school Dr who actually listened to me. He prescribed Temazepam at 15mg. That didn't work but 30mgs did. I fall asleep quickly, however, I only get 5-6 hours of sleep. And, I'm extremely groggy, all day.... So I've just seen the commercial about Belsorma that I'm going to ask about."

Nana Shell February 1, 2016

"over the years I tried quite a few sleep medications with no results at all. We moved to a new state and found a new doctor, I'm now on 30mg temazepam and I sleep like a baby for at least 8 hrs a night. I was put on 7.5, 10mg and 15 mg. 30mg works for me."

nomoreripvanwinkle (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 29, 2016

Restoril (temazepam): "I have been on temazepam for years due to chronic insomnia and it does not give me a good night's sleep. I've tried Ambien, Benadryl, and melatonin, which don't work at all. I am getting frustrated with the temazepam because I don't sleep a full night and wake up after sleeping 2 hours, then doze off for another 1 1/2 or 2 hours at a time before I finally just get up. The doctor upped my temazepam dose to 30 mg a night, but it did nothing different, so I am just taking 15 mg. She is not very interested in looking at other options, but I am going to discuss these other medications with her. I am SO tired! I also am going to take a "sleep" class, which should be interesting."

Mimi23kids January 27, 2016

"It worked the first few nights. After that it ceased to be helpful at all."

Judi Blueye January 25, 2016

"Can't find a med to stop my brain from thinking when I go to bed. Tried temazepam first and it didn't work for 3 hours. Xanax and lorazepam were the same. But if I stop a sleep aid I will be up until 6 or 7 am with no sleep and I feel anxious"

grammamatt January 11, 2016

Restoril (temazepam): "I feel like I've been on very sleeping aid option to treat insomnia. With no success of anything I've tried my doctor prescribed Restoril. FINALLY something worked! I get a full 8 hours of sleep. My doctor also prescribed me Paxil on top of my regular Abilify for depression and anxiety, because I started to have anxiety before going to bed out of fear of not being able to sleep. So the drug combo has worked a miracle for me. I build up tolerances to medication very quickly, so now we'll see how long I last on Restoril. But I'm praying that it continues to work for me. I highly recommend Restoril."

JayDale1611 (taken for less than 1 month) December 17, 2015

"I was on 5 mg but was perscribed the 10 mg tablets for 3 years & it worked great & I would fall asleep fast & stay asleep for 7 to 8 hours!! I was forced to switch Drs after moving & my quack of a new dr I have now thinks my insomnia that I was diagnosed with 3 years ago is all in my head so instead of renewing my prescription she pulled me off it I've gone through 3 different depression meds that didn't help, tried belsomra that didn't work so she put me on this & worked great for 1 week then nothing back to up for 24 to 48 hours no sleep & if I'm lucky & get sleep it's only maybe 4 hours cause I don't stay asleep!! Looking for a new dr now that will listen to me & spend more then 5 minutes to talk to me!!"

angeljennings80 December 14, 2015

"I was on it for years but with remeron it helped for a while but my body I guess got used to it so it stopped working. I could never take it alone or I would never fall asleep. Lately I just want to be able to take naps before I take my new sleep meds and still have a script for it so I tried taking it on its own again and it's a complete waste I don't even get tired. I don't know if it's my tolerance or what but it's horrible and my sleep is horrible I've tried everything. Ugh someday something will work!!"

Andrea2135 December 11, 2015

"I've taken ambien multiple times with no effect so my doctor prescribed me temazepam 7.5mg. They don't work period. I've even doubled and tripled the dose and still nothing. I wish I could find something to help me sleep at night."

Rva1291 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 19, 2015

Restoril (temazepam): "only gives me 4-6 hrs. of sleep per night. Was hoping for 7-8. Take 15 mg. with 10 mg. Melatonin and .25 mg. Xanax at bedtime"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 18, 2015

"I was prescribed this for Insomnia and Anxiety which for both in my experience it is a wonder drug. However this drug long term is not the answer, you need find something else that works for you, luckily I did in Trazadone. Temazepam make no mistake is a wonderful short term fix, seemed like it was a lifesaver at the time, which is why I rated it an 8. To anyone at the point of despair, go see a doc try and get this drug to give you the lift to help you push on."

Gloopy2015 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 9, 2015

"Love this stuff. Can get a full at least 8 hrs sleep & feel refreshed & rested in the morning. Not walk the floor & eat everything in the house like with Ambien. That stuff scared me. Thanks Doc."

Tishypoo 2012 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 5, 2015

"This year I began having multiple GI issues causing me to lose 50lbs within 8 weeks, all not by choice. Under a lot of stress, I was already on Xanax for anxiety and ended up taking that to sleep every night. My doc kept me on Xanax for anxiety but Temazepam 30 and Trazodone 100 for sleep. Worked well for a month then started to be less effective. Now on Temazepam 30 with Remeron 50 and it is still working, but without the Temazepam I'm sure nothing would actually make me sleep. I even sometimes need to take two 30mg doses... I've even done the Temazepam with Trazodone and Remeron and slept like a baby. Temazepam is definitely winning factor but still have to take multiple meds to sleep. Can't sleep without it!"

LoveToSleep November 5, 2015

"Does a great job at making me fall asleep but i can never stay sleep for more than 2 or 3 hours! I dont get it"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 28, 2015

"works good"

JJ2222 October 22, 2015

"Temazepam 30 mg works great, 5 hours of good sleep. Don't waste your money on Belsomra 20mg. It don't work at all."

VOTE TRUMP (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 21, 2015

"I took 7 temazepam 30 milligrams and I still can't sleep."

insomniac 87 October 20, 2015

"I was given 30 mg of Restoril and I actually slept walk and nearly totalled my car by sleep driving . Thank God no one was hurt. Later, I tried it again and fell asleep at work. If you hide your keys and make sure someone is around to watch you, then it's a great drug. Hope that helps."

Mrs. Sleepy (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 24, 2015

"It never lost potency been on it a long time It works everytime pefer this restoril to xanax"

DUDe best and affordable... August 24, 2015

"The only thing that ever worked for me and for up to 5 years at a time!"

Thenepkp (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 2, 2015

"Great pill. Much better than Xanax or any other benzoyl for that matter . Not prescribed very often here in US but if you are lucky enough to get it prescribed then enjoy the rest and the peace and serenity beforehand"

Sleepy John (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 30, 2015

"I get on off bouts of severe insomnia this has been my lifesaver 10mg is enough for me to allow me a solid eight hours sleep... I can function better the next day after a proper restful nights sleep"

kelliesleepfinally July 24, 2015

Restoril (temazepam): "Temazapam is the only med that treats my insomnia. I have tried every non benzo on the market, and have been in numerous sleep studies. I sometimes go 3-4 days with the average sleep of those days being 1-2 hours total. I was prescribed 40mg temazapam and can get a solid 8 hours of sleep. I cycle it seven days at a time to reset my sleep cycles as needed."

I hate math July 15, 2015