User Reviews for Temazepam

Also known as: Restoril

Learn more about Temazepam.

Insomnia 127 reviews 100 medications

7.1
Summary of Temazepam reviews 127 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Temazepam

Review by ronil1623sue:

Restoril (temazepam) for Insomnia: Been not sleeping for over 10 months now. Usually over the years just a week at a time. This time up 3-4 times a night. About 4 hours of sleep. Started Restoril last night. Slept straight through. Yeay

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 23, 2014 6:55 PM

Review by GrandmaLucy (taken for less than 1 month):

For Insomnia: 1St night amazing, after trying so many others that haven't worked at all. I mean I stayed awake right through them. 30mg of temazepam and I was passed out within 30 minutes and slept hard for almost 6 hours, that's NEVER happened before. I'm so excited. No hangover. Feel clear, rested and hopeful tonight will work the same.

October 3, 2014 6:51 AM

Review by HBA24:

For Insomnia: I took temazapam last night for the first time, only (15mg). It didn't make me very sleepy, so it took about and hour before I could fall asleep, but I was unable to wake up this morning when my alarm went off! I slept from 11 pm to 2pm the next day! Very odd.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 29, 2014 3:30 PM

Review by Tropical2:

For Insomnia: I have been taking 10 mg per night for 29 years. It relaxes me so I can sleep for 4-5 hrs tops.

September 26, 2014 5:52 AM

Review by The onion (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Insomnia: About 4hrs. A night.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 24, 2014 9:10 PM

Review by ladyx:

For Insomnia: Doesn't put me to sleep 15-30mg, requesting alternative

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 23, 2014 4:37 AM

Review by Sleep deprived:

Restoril (temazepam) for Insomnia: I took 15mg when 1st prescribed the medication, it did nothing. The 2nd night I tried 30mg, it worked, but the 3rd night I tried 30....still up, I took another 15mg. Hope to feel sleepy soon.

August 11, 2014 12:52 AM

Review by Ben_Reu (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Restoril (temazepam) for Insomnia: False awakening dreams, night mares, vivid dreams, reduced effectiveness over time.

June 10, 2014 1:16 AM

Review by 1216Looney7058:

For Insomnia: Usually allows a half hour to an hours worth of sleep......that is the 30mg.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 30, 2014 6:10 AM

Review by gaygay16915 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Insomnia: I have been taking this medication for 30 days as a trial to replace what I had been taking. It takes a good 10 hours before I feel sleepy. I now take it at 4pm and go to bed around 3 am. Once it works, I sleep great with it. I am considering taking it earlier in the day. Kind of crazy isn't it ?

May 27, 2014 9:06 PM

Review by Dc23 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Insomnia: Out of no where I started developing insomnia. After 2 days straight of no sleep I went to the doctors and prescribed me zopiclone. Worked the first 3 to 4 days then wore off so he prescribed me temazepam which helped me get to sleep and stay asleep. Took it for around a week then ran out. Didn't want to go back and get more as I knew I would develop a tolerance for the medicine and become addicted. It was then back to nights of no sleep.

May 16, 2014 6:24 PM

Review by lovegretel:

For Insomnia: I love this medicine. Besides using it for sleep, I also use it for fibromyalgia. 15mg in the morning.

April 29, 2014 9:39 PM

Review by QuailMama:

For Insomnia: Temazepam works fantastic for insomnia. I am not really sure why I developed insomnia; It just happened. If you don't mind using a prescription medicine, it's the best for insomnia. No side effects to report, and no next-day drowsiness. I use the lowest dose- 7.5mg, with melatonin, because melatonin is a powerful antioxidant, and I sleep great, feeling refreshed in the morning. I thank God for both temazepam and melatonin.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 28, 2014 3:01 AM

Review by fn:

Restoril (temazepam) for Insomnia: This is the best sleeping pill I've ever tried. 30 years now, and still no tolerance issues. I wake up refreshed, no hangover, unlike all the other sleeping pills, as temazepam is very mild, yet it keeps you asleep. I take 15 or 30 mg, depending how I feel. I have tried Halcion and Dalmane, which weren't very effective. I also tried Ambien in the mid 90s and had horrible sleepwalking episodes. This has never happened with Restoril.

107 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 21, 2014 9:38 AM

Review by slumber 52:

For Insomnia: By 3rd night of use, it became ineffective. My system built up tolerance quickly. Fourth night I took 40 mgs and only 4 hours of sleep. Dr. just prescribed a months worth. Now I must find an alternative while I ween myself off temazepam. Not easy since I wasn't getting any sleep at all before I started.

December 28, 2013 8:15 AM

Review by slumber 52 (taken for less than 1 month):

Restoril (temazepam) for Insomnia: For months been having severe insomnia. Waking 3 or 4 times during the night, never getting more than 4 hours of sleep. Twice in the span of a week and a half no sleep at all. Always feeling tired but not drowsy. I was given prescription for 10.-15mg of Restoril by an ER doctor. Took half a dose one afternoon and slept for 3 hours. Took the other half that early evening and knocked out after 20 minutes and slept for 6 hours. No side effects. Feeling better.

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 25, 2013 11:03 AM

Review by hunterboy:

For Insomnia: I have been taking Temazapam for approximately 20 years with great results. The key is to take it sparingly, and no more than one time per week. I usually take it approximately one time every 10-14 days, and it works wonderfully. I normally go to sleep within 10 minutes and sleep 6-8 hours uninterrupted and wake totally clear headed and no grogginess.

December 12, 2013 10:54 AM

Review by sleepless Krista (taken for less than 1 month):

For Insomnia: Worked for the first couple weeks. Now I am up to 60mg just to get to sleep. Its been two hrs and no sleep. Its slowly not working anymore. Been on it for a month.

December 9, 2013 4:59 AM

Review by Shmoo Snook:

For Insomnia: Previously, I had been using Ambien for a couple of years. What I found with that was that it either got me off to sleep within half an hour, which it did most of the time, or it didn't work at all that night. The big problem was that it didn't keep me asleep for more than 3 or 4 hours at a time. I've been using temazepam for about three weeks now. At first it was great - I'd be asleep within 15 minutes or so and sleep 7 or 8 hours straight. But now something else is going on: I'm sleeping 10 to 12 hours at a stretch, and waking up feeling woozy. Obviously, I need to get with my doctor about this.

December 5, 2013 6:29 PM

Review by jdpi (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Restoril (temazepam) for Insomnia: Usally works within 15 mins

November 16, 2013 9:48 PM

Review by TheStynqueOne:

For Insomnia: I used Methamphetamine when it first hit the street in the early 1980's and stopped on April 10, 2011. Within days I developed chronic fragmented insomnia in which I was unable to sleep for more than 45 to 75 minutes at a time. Attempting to avoid prescription anything, I tried every herb and supplement from Valerian Root to Melatonin with very little improvement. After almost two years I became desperate and willing to try anything so I asked the Doctor for help and was prescribed Temazepam. Now I get at least 4 hours of solid sleep and 4-1/2 to 5-1/2 hours of total sleep each night. I am a bit comatose in the morning for the first 30 to 60 minutes after waking even with coffee. The sleep walking is a bit unnerving though.

November 7, 2013 1:10 AM

Review by novatom:

For Insomnia: My insomnia has gotten gradually worse for the past 5 years (I'm in my early 50s). Never had a problem falling asleep, but wouldn't sleep longer than 4 hours before I would wake up feeling almost wide awake. Then I would lie awake for a few hours, by then I would doze for up to an hour before it would be time to get up. My Dr. had me on Ambien for a couple years but I hardly ever took it, in fact the medicine would lose their potency before I ever finished the supply. Dr. changed me over to 30 mg. of temazapam and over the past 10 days I've tried it twice and each time I had the best nights' sleep I'd had in years! With a minimum of 6 hours without waking up. I love this medication but I'm only going to take 1 /week.

October 5, 2013 8:34 PM

Review by Gordon swar:

For Insomnia: Used it for two periods after a nervous breakdown. Restored my sleep cycle pretty well after 12-14 days both times. Needed two pills 10mg each for it to work but recommended.

September 7, 2013 7:56 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Restoril (temazepam) for Insomnia: Restoril has been great. I sleep 6 hours and wake up feeling refreshed, no hangover effects. I took trazodone, Ambien, and Lunesta before. None have been as effective. I have very few nights where I struggle getting to sleep on 15mg.

August 25, 2013 10:03 PM

Review by Challenged 111:

Restoril (temazepam) for Insomnia: I used it along with Paxill. I used it every night for about 2 1/2 years. It did the job of getting me to sleep very well. It would without fail cause me to sleep. It lasted 4 hours, then I would wake up often, but I felt quite rested. Only occasionally would I take a second dose feeling that I needed more sleep. DO NOT MIX WITH ALCOHOL.

August 24, 2013 12:44 AM