User Reviews for Temazepam

Also known as: Restoril

Learn more about Temazepam.

Insomnia 153 reviews 105 medications

7.1
Summary of Temazepam reviews 153 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Temazepam

For Insomnia: "It never lost potency been on it a long time It works everytime pefer this restoril to xanax"

DUDe best and affordable... August 24, 2015

For Insomnia: "The only thing that ever worked for me and for up to 5 years at a time!"

Thenepkp (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 2, 2015

For Insomnia: "Great pill. Much better than Xanax or any other benzoyl for that matter . Not prescribed very often here in US but if you are lucky enough to get it prescribed then enjoy the rest and the peace and serenity beforehand"

Sleepy John (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 30, 2015

For Insomnia: "I get on off bouts of severe insomnia this has been my lifesaver 10mg is enough for me to allow me a solid eight hours sleep... I can function better the next day after a proper restful nights sleep"

kelliesleepfinally July 24, 2015

Restoril (temazepam) for Insomnia: "Temazapam is the only med that treats my insomnia. I have tried every non benzo on the market, and have been in numerous sleep studies. I sometimes go 3-4 days with the average sleep of those days being 1-2 hours total. I was prescribed 40mg temazapam and can get a solid 8 hours of sleep. I cycle it seven days at a time to reset my sleep cycles as needed."

I hate math July 15, 2015

For Insomnia: "I have major Acid Reflux which dramatically disrupts sleep/completely prohibits my ability to fall asleep. My esophogus began being negative effected from the the aciid reflux whiich would in turn give me esophogeal spasms thus messing with my heart rate...you ever try to fall asleep while your body is shaking...near impossible. So I went to the ER with an irregular heart rate due to these spasms and the doc prescribed me 30 mg of Temazapam. I had not had a night's rest like that in years....years. Sure, it knocked me the hell out for 8 hours straight and when I awoke, I need a shower and a cup of coffee before having my wits but after that it was all good. This was back in Dec 2014; I have been taking them each night since. It is July 2015"

Sleepful in Seattle July 9, 2015

Restoril (temazepam) for Insomnia: "The 15 mg did nothing for me. Doc increased it to 30. I take on an empty stomach because that's the only way it hits me. Yes there are vivid dreams but after 43 years of never feeling I got to the dream stage I love the dreams! I've been on ambien. Another good one but only lasts a couple hours. This should keep you sleeping all night. I do notice a little irrability first thing in a.am but within an hour I'm fine. I've also been on sonata, Lunesta and belsomra that did nothing for me. This drug won't knock you out. You just feel that heavy eyes feeling. High recommend!"

Best insomnia aid I've found s (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 30, 2015

For Insomnia: "Since the beginning of this year (2015) I have been experiencing bouts of insomnia at an increasing rate. First just a night or two once a month to a week or so once a month. My doc prescribed temazepam 30 mg at bedtime. I took it and it worked like a charm but when I wouldn't take it I'd be back to insomnia all night long. After a month of taking it every night I began sleep walking. I would get out of bed and go to various rooms in the house and sometimes wake up and be confused. I tried to quit it but I was a total wreck that day, high anxiety, heavy pulse, elevated blood pressure almost like a panic attack. It's a controlled substance. I am off it now. Nasty stuff it forces you to sleep. I am going to try Elavil and see how that works."

Mike00501950 June 27, 2015

Restoril (temazepam) for Insomnia: "My greatest mistake with Restoril 30mg was taking the medication prior to my sleep cycle. Because I was so deprived of sleep, I took the medication at 9pm which is approximately 2 hours before my bedtime. "At bedtime" refers to an individual's bedtime; therefore, I was awake all night! This medication must be taken specifically and shortly before an individual's bedtime. Silly me. My physician explained why I did not sleep that evening and gave me at full description of sleep cycle which changed a sleepless night into a somewhat sleep full night; about 4-5 hours."

Giovannina (taken for less than 1 month) June 20, 2015

For Insomnia: "my second Rx for temazepam, no sleep still.. If it works at all, it takes 4-5 hrs to kick in, then only lasts 2-3 hours...then I'm wide awake again.. Been on ambiance, helped some.. Linsey's caused allergic reactions... Trazadone puts me in a comatose state... I'm running out of options... But oh so tired...."

Tirednfrustrated June 6, 2015

Restoril (temazepam) for Insomnia: "Due to major anxiety and stress can't sleep before 6-7:30am was put on anti-anxiety pill and Restoril today. The anti-anxiety pill kicked in fast and made me kinda drowsy but the Restoril 30mg I just took 45 min ago doesn't seem to be kicking in. Should I take another? I do drink ale here and there but that should increase my effect not stop it right? Maybe I should get used to Vampire hours!! This sucks lol"

Feel like a vampire! (taken for less than 1 month) June 6, 2015

For Insomnia: "Helped a bit for about 2 weeks. Then completely stopped working. Starting trazadone tonight. Hope it works. I've slept maybe 5 hours in the last 8 days..."

sweaterpoo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 5, 2015

For Insomnia: "I have been taking 30 mg of Temazepam nightly for about 3 months. This is the 2nd time that I have taken it. I took it for about 2 years and it eventually quit working so I tried both Ambien and Trazodone. Ambien was all right until it quit working after about 4 months. I couldn't take Trazodone at all because it made me very dizzy and caused me to have horrible nightmares so I am back on Temazepam. So far, it has been working well but this time I have been taking it with 10 mg nightly of Melatonin. I started with 3 mg of Melatonin and have gradually increased it to 10 mg nightly. The combination of Temazepam and Melatonin seems to be working very well for me. I go to sleep fairly quickly and stay asleep with no bad dreams."

virginiamlong (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 1, 2015

For Insomnia: "I have had difficulty staying asleep for several years after having open heart surgery. My doctor prescribed temazapam 15 mg. It helped some but I continued to wake up at 2 or 3 AM as I had prior to having the med. Only difference was I would fall back to sleep around 5 AM (without the med I never fell back to sleep). Doc increased to 30 mg and I slept better but still would awaken at 2 or 3 AM eventually falling back to sleep. I started taking 50 MG of benadryl around midnight when I would get up to go to the bathroom. IMMEDIATE SUCCESS. I now sleep all night every night. 30 mg temazapam around 9 PM, usually asleep by 10 PM. Take the benadryl around midnight. It works for me. Been on this regimen to around one month thus far."

j stephen May 14, 2015

Restoril (temazepam) for Insomnia: "Tried ambien but it lost it effect around 10 months. Lunesta tasted like I sucked on a roll of pennies all night. Trazodone just wasn't really effective. I take 30mg of restoril about 20 mins before I need to be in bed. Otherwise I've awaken in different parts of house. I also take a .75mg give or take .25mg of Xanax as a kicker. I would have problems staying asleep. Sometimes no more sleep that night sometimes the crappy toss n turn sleep till you get mad n get up. Then drag ass all day. Occasionally I still get one of those nights but they are once in a long while. It works for me and I recommend (but does not for a friend) If you've tried the others give it a try it's cheap nothing to loose."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 7, 2015

For Insomnia: "I was prescribed temazepam to replace my previous sleeper, I don't use anything very often. Sometimes I have a period where I don't sleep so well, I tried 10mg the first night with zero effect then the following night doubled to 20mg also zero noticeable effect. I'm yet to try 30mg but I believe it may only be affective on some people."

Matt. Fell May 6, 2015

For Insomnia: "I seem to wake up every two hours like clockwork every night. It doesn't matter what time I go to bed, same thing happens. All the time! I used to take 1-2 mg zanex and would sleep great, then it was made really hard to get perscribed. Anyway now on 10 mg tamazepan, still wide awake! It does make me relaxed though and sleep eventually but not for long."

On watch (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 30, 2015

For Insomnia: "I have been an insomniac for about 20 years now (no joke). I have been to sleep studies (gosh, you don't go to sleep!), tried every relaxation technique (HA!) and was on Ambien (did crazy things I have NO memory of) and Lunesta. Lunesta didn't seem to give me the crazy night wanderings but drove my blood pressure way up. So now it's Restoril. It worked very well for about 2 months. Now 15mg does nothing but make me drowsy. Still No Sleep! I guess I am going to have to ask for some alternative, but dreading trying yet something else."

Sleepless in Piave March 12, 2015

For Insomnia: "Temazepam helps me fall asleep, but it doesn't help me stay asleep beyond three or four hours. So, I set my alarm for 3 AM every night and take a second Temazepam pill. So I take 15mg before bed and then another 15mg at 3 AM and I sleep till six or seven and that works."

Schrag (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 19, 2015

For Insomnia: "I'm a 16 year old female with Anxiety Disorder, Depression and a lot of the symptoms of Borderline Personality Disorder (cannot be diagnosed with BPD due to my age). All of these things cause my sleep to be extremely bad in terms of quality and I sleep for between 2-4hours a night and the rest of the night I'll probably end up pacing. I have tried many over the counter sleep aids, none of which worked. My psychiatrist was very cautious when prescribing me Temazepam due to the effects it can have on people with depression, suicidal thoughts etc, but I have found that 10mg gave me double the amount of sleep I get normally with my normal nightmares, but even so, the quality of sleep was so good in comparison to normal. I'm so glad."

Jadie1201 (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2015

For Insomnia: "I have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, as well as a high level of Anxiety coupled with Sleep Apnea and severe snoring if I did fall asleep. Finally, a daily dosage of Xanax ER in the morning, 30mg of Temazepam at night with 20mg of Diazepam and the option of up to 4mg of Lunesta has kept me asleep. Crazy Dreams when I remember them, I talk a lot while asleep, but wake up feeling like at least I had slept. I do wonder though what all this is doing to me physically, and how long it will last."

apileoftile February 1, 2015

For Insomnia: "I'm a 20 year old male and recently tore a muscle in my pelvic area, which radiated pain to my groin area as well. The pain worsened at night and caused me real bad restlessness and insomnia. Along with pain medication, Restoril (temazepam) was really a lifesaver. It does double duty by relaxing my muscle spasms AND relaxes my mind so I can sleep with my pain. It's gentle enough to take in the evening (you don't have to take it right when you get into bed, like Ambien). Causes no side effects for me, either. I wake up refreshed."

JessieKinz January 8, 2015

For Insomnia: "This is the only thing that helps me fall asleep and STAY asleep, and I have tried everything. I started out at 15 mg, but then cut back to 7.5 which worked fine. I highly recommend this one."

Kitty1859 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 21, 2014

Restoril (temazepam) for Insomnia: "I have suffered from complex insomnia (trouble falling asleep as well as trouble staying asleep), secondary to severe major depressive disorder, for many years. I have lost count of the sleep meds that worked for a while until I developed a tolerance. I have walked a tightrope between meds that don't help at all and those that make me sleep all day. My current solution is a combination of temazepam to help me fall asleep and Seroquel to help me stay asleep. It's the result of a lot of trial and error, and it is regulating my sleep better than anything I have ever experienced. Now if can just avoid building up a tolerance..."

jeffreydbrown (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 20, 2014

Restoril (temazepam) for Insomnia: "Been on numerous sleeping aids for years. After a while they don't always work. At present I'm on 30mg-Temazepam. It takes 2 hrs. for it to work on me. After 2 1/2 hrs and still haven't fallen asleep I have to take some over the counter medicine with it. Been on Ambien and Lunesta prior. Don't know what else to do."

b2g1947 (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 15, 2014