User Reviews for Micardis

Learn more about Micardis.

High Blood Pressure 20 reviews 261 medications

7.1
Cardiovascular Risk Reduction 0 reviews 3 medications Not rated - Be the first
Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease 0 reviews 3 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Micardis reviews 20 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Micardis

Review by cherdo (taken for 10 years or more):

For High Blood Pressure: I love it. No side effects. Tried others because of insurance. All had lots of side effects. I'm really upset because insurance companys are dropping it. I can't take the generic for it. Made me sick as a dog with severe muscle pain.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 20, 2014 8:37 AM

Review by NDragonne:

For High Blood Pressure: Extreme fatigue, unclear thinking, aches, irritability, dizziness.

April 20, 2014 11:26 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more):

For High Blood Pressure: Been on Micardis 40 mg for over 10 years, have had absolutely no side affects. Blood pressure is perfect, sometimes lower than 120/80.

February 5, 2014 6:42 PM

For High Blood Pressure: I'm white male, 53 yrs old, 5'11" and 185 lbs. I just discovered that I had High Blood Pressure about a month ago during a wellness checkup. The nurse took my blood pressure 4 times on the right arm and 3 more on the left. I was running about 180 /120. After she told me that she'd seen 400 lb men with better numbers than that I decided to see my MD. I've been on Micardis almost 30 days and it seems to have lowered it to the 140/90 range. I also was put on Bystolic just 5 days ago due to a rapid pulse of 100 bpm. Now down to 75-80. The only side effects have been occasional dizziness and some sharp pain in my hip when I move just so. I did have a scary tightening of the chest and shortness of breath the other day. It seemed to pass in about 2 mins.

January 6, 2012 11:14 PM

For High Blood Pressure: I have been on Micardis for more than six months without any major side effects and my blood pressure has been fairly under control, except for a few spikes from time to time.

December 24, 2011 7:23 AM

Review by dudy:

I took Micardis on and off for over two years. It caused me to have leg cramps. It controlled my blood pressure, but I would avoid taking it at times because of the leg cramps. I developed severe hip and leg pains, which I think may have been caused by the Micardis. I have switched to another blood pressure medicine in the last couple of months and I'm hoping the hip and leg pains will continue to subside.

March 23, 2011 6:01 AM

For High Blood Pressure: I started on Micardis 4 months ago, the first month it didn't seem to help, the second month it controlled my high blood pressure perfectly, then the third month I started getting horrible side effects. My left arm would go numb and tingly, I had horrible headaches, insomnia, diarrhea and chest pains. I was exhausted all the time yet I couldn't sleep, had terrible nightmares. The pills work great for controlling my blood pressure but the side effects are awful!

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 8, 2010 4:19 PM

For High Blood Pressure: I took this medicine 2 years ago for about a month because of my other hypertension medicines were causing rashes. After a couple of medicines were recommended, I took Micardis and although it lowered my pressure some, I was waking up every two hours at night. So I switched to several other medications that also did not work well. I told my MD I would try Micardis again because the side effects were less than all other medicines I had tried. So far (8 months) my pressure is better and the insomnia is workable and not so constant.

August 2, 2010 11:59 AM

For High Blood Pressure: On starting 40 mg Micardis experienced severe dizziness that lasted about a month, eventually subsiding. Okay for another 4 months then started to have burning and pain in feet and lower legs especially at bedtime. Had to stop even though was doing a good job with blood pressure. Now taking Diovan and doing well.

July 27, 2010 12:19 PM

Review by rolandcooke:

For High Blood Pressure: Started using Micardis HCT 40mg only 3 days ago, as an initial treatment for high blood pressure. No drastic side effects yet, except for slight dizziness, and abdominal pain related to gas (once). I am worried about sexual issues, since there are lots of reports going around saying that Micardis may hamper erectile function. Other reports say exactly the opposite! Will have to test this on a long-time basis. All in all, seems pretty good.

July 10, 2010 9:56 AM

Review by Couch Potato:

For High Blood Pressure: I had taken Micardis for about 3 years, starting from 40mg and recently 80mg. My doctor said the drug also helped prevent cardiovascular disease. The initial 40mg went well without any side effects. Blood pressure was consistently 130-140/80-90. A few months ago when I turned 38, during my routine blood pressure checks, I noticed that it was 140-150/90-100 even with the 40mg pill. Monitored this for about 2 weeks and it remained thereabouts. After consulting my doctor, he recommended a higher dosage of 80mg. It worked, and the pressure stabilized at 70-90/120-140. However, I did notice a slight discomfort in my respiratory tract or somewhat a mile heartburn (I think!).

April 26, 2010 11:47 PM

Review by Tenn.:

For High Blood Pressure: I have tried: Toporol XL, Coreg & Diovan all of these controlled my Blood pressure. But all had more side effects than I thought was reasonable. When I started Micardis I had some dizziness the first week. I now feel the best I have felt since starting blood pressure medication. My pressure is now 125-130/70-80.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 23, 2009 10:06 PM

Review by just a person:

For High Blood Pressure: I have done much better on Micardis than on the other one I used to take, Cozaar. Micardis lasts longer and seems to get my pressure way down. I'd say all in all I'm very pleased. My doctor said It's a great drug.

November 16, 2009 9:02 PM

For High Blood Pressure: I've been on Micardis for about a year because I complained about the side effects of Accupril (dizziness). The Micardis is better but I stay around 140/90. I've noticed a reduction in sex drive since starting this drug, all else seems okay. I'm 35 years old.

October 21, 2009 9:32 PM

Review by ghost52005:

For High Blood Pressure: Taking Micardis, sotalol, norvasc and still run 140 over 90 to 110 blood pressure. Been on this for years with different doctors. They help but never get me normal blood pressure.

July 28, 2009 9:41 PM

Review by Anonomys:

For High Blood Pressure: Soon after starting Micardis I suffered from dizziness, nausea, irritability and I had no energy. It continued, then I started shortness of breath. Was told by my doctor it was not the medication. I went to a cardiologist and she kept me on it and put me on Imdur. Then severe headaches occurred. I'm now going natural and taking my chances.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 24, 2009 8:00 AM

For High Blood Pressure: I started on Micardis 80mg, good for reducing my blood pressure, but I had bad vertigo, dizzy, had too lie down, felt sickly and had cold sweats. Did not agree with me. Reduced it to 1/2 a 40mg tablet. Felt okay for a day then had vertigo again. Stopped taking tablets.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 26, 2009 4:55 AM

Review by Cook4danavy:

For High Blood Pressure: Micardis has stabilized my blood pressure. I can't take the Micardis with HCT because I have had problems with my kidneys. I do feel less patient and irritable to my wife and kids.

April 4, 2009 11:56 AM

Review by billgary:

For High Blood Pressure: At one time I was taking as much as 5 different blood pressure medicines at a time trying to find something that would lower it from around 200/110. After a year of that I changed doctors and I was given Micardis HCT 80/12.5. That was four or five years ago and my BP is now averaging 128/74. If there are any side effects I sure haven't noticed.

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 18, 2009 1:08 PM

For High Blood Pressure: Have been taking 80mg for 3 days. Swollen ankles feet are better but have dry mouth and am very irritable - little patience.

July 5, 2008 11:17 AM

Review by The Highwayman:

For High Blood Pressure: Fantastic. Suffered minor heart attack several years ago at 37 years old, am now 41 years old. Recently started having severe chest pain and was put on Micardis 80mg, after being admitted to hospital, suspected heart attack (pain was that bad), luckly , no heart attack this time and blood pressure dropped from 196 to 125 after a couple of weeks. Feel a lot better. Now on the 40mg dose.

111 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 17, 2008 3:28 PM