Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Flomax

Learn more about Flomax.

Flomax review summary

8.6/10 Average Rating

Compare all 17 medications used in the treatment of Urinary Tract Stones.

Reviews for Flomax to treat Urinary Tract Stones

Review by flomax_fan (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

I passed a 4mm stone about an hour after the first pill. So, yeah, I guess it worked OK for me.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 30, 2014 1:15 PM
Review by MSKer: User Rating:

I have bilateral medullary sponge kidney disease and pass stones almost daily. Although it does not relieve the pain, it does help pass the stones and prevent an obstruction. I no longer experience any of the side effects like dizziness, but I also take it at night. I have a history of cardiac reactions to medications and sometimes a stone will cause my heart rate to skyrocket to 160 with a blood pressure of 165/100, but it is clearly the stones and not caused by Flomax. My only complaint is that my insurance refuses to pay for this medicine because I am a woman. I don't think that is right, and I'm not going to accept that kind of discrimination. Even my doctor's office is surprised by the discrimination.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 7, 2014 6:06 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Have been on it several times for stones. I actually request it from my doctor each time I have a problem stone. While it helps pass stones easily the dizziness is a major factor for myself. But I will continue to use it!

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 2, 2013 9:29 AM
Review by marsha5352: User Rating:

Helped pass large (7 mm) stone in 4 days.

August 27, 2012 11:38 AM
Review by jshore: User Rating:

This seems like a miracle for pain from kidney stones in the ureter. The first stone that I tried it on had given me several quite significant bouts of pain and the 4-5 mm stone passed a couple days after starting with no additional pain. I have since used it on two other stones that turned out to be about 3 or 3-4 mm and have passed them with essentially no pain after starting Flomax. So, that is 3 stones passed with essentially no pain after taking the Flomax and a total of 6 pills of Flomax used.

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 17, 2012 9:14 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Diagnosed with kidney stone at 7:00 am, started on Flomax shortly after, passed it by 2:00 pm that day. Also on Oxycodone with Acetaminophen for pain. Took only one dose of each and it passed. I felt lucky.

October 22, 2011 11:55 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Experienced no side effects and more importantly passed my kidney stone without difficulty.

July 23, 2011 9:25 PM
Review by Content59: User Rating:

I had this prescribed for a kidney stone. Took the first pill on Friday at noon. Today is Sunday - 2 days later and I passed it one hour ago. Thanks.. it worked like a charm.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 8, 2010 7:27 PM
Review by Lots of Ouch: User Rating:

I was not as lucky as other raters. I feel happy for them. I did not get a chance to see how effective it could be. I had a "rare" side effect of greatly increased heart rate. A few hours after taking one tablet, my pulse rate increased nearly 100% above my normal rate of 55-60 along with an increased blood pressure to the point of being near stroke level. I now need to add it to my list of allergic reactions -- to date only Indocin and Levaquin have affected me negatively. All three have affected either my nervous or vascular system.

December 15, 2009 5:36 PM
Review by Kidney stones: User Rating:

Helped me pass my stone within 3 hours of taking.

August 27, 2009 10:16 PM
Review by Hairdoo: User Rating:

I had a 4.8 mm stone that had been plaguing me for 3 weeks. I had been taking pain medicines off and on as needed and drinking plenty of water but I could tell (plenty of experience) that the stone was hung up just before entering the bladder in the narrowest part of the ureter. I called the urologist to ask for a prescription for Flomax. They were hesitant - didn't think I could pass it. Long story short, they prescribed, I took it, stone passed less than 24 hours later. Flomax pain medicines plenty of water = passing kidney stone quickly and inexpensively.

126 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 20, 2009 12:03 PM
Review by mad dog: User Rating:

Prescribed for kidney stone to pass through ureter. Worked like a charm.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 23, 2009 7:38 PM