User Reviews for Tacrolimus

Also known as: Protopic

Learn more about Tacrolimus.

Atopic Dermatitis 14 reviews 249 medications

7.5
Perioral Dermatitis 0 reviews 130 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Tacrolimus reviews 14 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Tacrolimus

For Atopic Dermatitis: "A terrible burning sensation on the skin for several hours after using it. Stopped using it after 2 applications due to this severe side effect. Seek out alternative therapies"

The girth March 16, 2015

Protopic (tacrolimus) for Atopic Dermatitis: "Protopic does the job. My intermittent atopic dermatitis affects small areas of my face along the nose, eyebrows, some hairline at eyebrow level, forehead, and patches on both sides of the chin. When redness shows up, light application of Protopic clears affected areas within 2 to 3 days without fail."

Camaysar February 11, 2015

For Atopic Dermatitis: "On day number 5 now of using 0.1% strength and I am amazed! I have been suffering with severe facial atopic eczema for over 10 years now and I am only 22. Having tried various light treatment courses, steriod tablets, creams and ointments and 'heavy' medicines such as Cyclosporin , Azathioprine and other immune suppressants to no avail, my dermatologist suggested Protopic. It burned like hell for a good 2 days straight and I didnt really sleep at all due to the pain, but I was told that could happen and so persevered. Now, after only 5 days, my face is starting to clear up. The skin feels healthier and the burning is almost gone. My advice is to stick with it as it is the only thing that has worked for me!"

kieransmith1 February 6, 2015

Protopic (tacrolimus) for Atopic Dermatitis: "I have used Protopic continuously for about 5 years for atopic dermatitis and all I can say is, this medicine does wonders for your inflamed skin - sure it burns a lot if the eczema flares, but the burning will fade away after a couple of hours. Recently I was diagnosed with guttate psoriasis as well (unlucky me, yup!), and since I wasn't so pleased with the topical steroid-creams, I tried Protopic on my psoriasis lesions. And this showed up to be a very good idea, since I have been in control of my psoriasis since I started using it. So all in all, I give this my best recommendations, although it is a bit expensive."

Niels H December 5, 2014

Protopic (tacrolimus) for Atopic Dermatitis: "Probably the best Ointment I have ever used. I used to use Hydrocortisone but my Doctor took me off it due to the risk of atrophy. All I can say is my face is remarkably different compared to a year ago thanks to Protopic. It's safe to use too. I'm at the 12 month mark now so will need to see a Dermatologist soon to decide on using it long term but I really hope I never have to stop using it!"

RyanL May 14, 2014

Protopic (tacrolimus) for Atopic Dermatitis: "My dermatologist prescribed Protopic 0.1% for a psoriasis related rash on my face. Steroid creams would give noticeable results after 1 application. The Protopic took about 2 days before I noticed a significant difference. By the 3rd day, I realized the Protopic was really working well. I am very happy with this medicine. It works better than the steroids without the side effects, and the effect seems to last longer. I can get by with one application every couple of days now. I do notice a little itching when using, but other than that, I have not noticed any side effects."

ALF1986 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 22, 2013

For Atopic Dermatitis: "I was prescribed Protopic for atopic dermatitis on my eyelids, which had been kicking around my eyelids for about 4 months, really irritating. The first application definitely was on the hot/burning side for about 12 hours, the second and third applications were not. The Atopic dermatitis appears to be improving. Also, I do not know if it was coincidental, but I woke up at 4AM with a heavy migraine and then got sick, that may have been from the meal I ate at 9PM, some sort of food poisoning, because I had gas all day long and the food did all come up. Don't know, but I am fine 24 hours later."

itchyredeyelids April 25, 2013

Protopic (tacrolimus) for Atopic Dermatitis: "I started using Protopic on Dec. 1st and alternating it with Desoximetasone per my doctors orders. At first the dermatitis cleared up on my hands (that would crack and bleed and then the skin would get hard and peel off and once it peeled off the new skin was very tender and there was a lot of pain. Once I started using Protopic--the condition seemed to clear up 90% but never 100%--well here it is Feb 28th and I have spent the entire week since Sunday in bed. I have every side effect listed--my hands itch like crazy, have headache (worst I have ever had) my flu like symptoms are the chills, runny nose (have gone through 2 boxes of Kleenex, sore throat. Hurts to swallow, muscle pains. Absolutely no energy/unusual tiredness."

atopic dermatitis sufferer February 28, 2013

Protopic (tacrolimus) for Atopic Dermatitis: "I am in the same boat as harley7373. This ointment kept me up most of the night because it was burning my eyelids and it still is and it's been more than 12 hours since I put it on. If you have very sensitive skin and always have, this may affect you the same exact way."

Hilary B September 14, 2011

Protopic (tacrolimus) for Atopic Dermatitis: "I had a severe skin infection on the head of my penis which was horrible. It hurt to pee, move around, even walking was a challenge. After trying to use a regular hand cream, that did not work, i paid a visit to the dermatologist. I was then given several samples of Protopic. After about a week of following dosage and prescription my penis was healed and ready. I recommend this product to people who have been prescribed it and advise to use as directed."

Anonymous August 6, 2011

Protopic (tacrolimus) for Atopic Dermatitis: "Protopic ointment was fantastic for me, a life-long sufferer of atopic dermatitis. After applying a very thin amount on the affected areas of my skin, once a day for a few days, the rash began to clear and continued to get better without further applications. To my surprise, the rash then popped up in new areas to a limited extent, but after one or two applications of Protopic on these new places, they disappeared also. I soon got rid of all the areas of atopic dermatitis. My friends couldn't believe it! They wanted some to make their skin as lovely as mine (though of course that wouldn't work because they didn't have the same problem). However, if it doesn't work for you, stop using it. Individual response may vary."

Anonymous July 27, 2011

Protopic (tacrolimus) for Atopic Dermatitis: "I've used several different prescription creams for my eczema. I have continuous outbreaks under my eyebrow, and below my eye, near my mouth, my arms and occasionally outbreaks everywhere else. Protopic is the only cream that has worked so far but it was extremely greasy so I only used it at night (or I covered it). It only provided temporary relief (a cycle of relief, then misery) and it caused keratosis throughout my entire eyebrow. I had my eyebrows tattooed over 10 years ago. I have only used Protopic for a couple of years now and we believe the cream reacted to the ink in my skin by growing keratosis."

Anonymous September 3, 2010

Protopic (tacrolimus) for Atopic Dermatitis: "My dermatologist gave me a sample of Protopic for itching eyelids. He did not caution me that it was not for eye use as i later read on the outside of the tube. I applied it one evening to both eyelids. I spent the next 3 hours in misery from burning and itching eyes before I finally fell asleep about midnight. The only way I could get any relief was to wash my eyes with baby shampoo and water.It was terrible."

harley7373 July 31, 2010

Protopic (tacrolimus) for Atopic Dermatitis: "Protopic helped my wife in vitiligo treatment. She has been using 0.03% for face, and 0,1% for body, and it reduced vitiligo almost completely within several months, without any side effects."

Anonymous November 14, 2009