Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Belsomra

Learn more about Belsomra.

Insomnia 13 reviews 102 medications

5.6
Summary of Belsomra reviews 13 reviews 5.6

Reviews for Belsomra

Review by T4435:

For Insomnia: This medication didn't work at all. 20 mg did not make me sleepy; rather I was in a half sleep and it caused me to breathe shallow, I caught myself several times and had to rouse myself from the half-sleep.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 15, 2015 7:50 PM

Review by awakestill:

For Insomnia: Wide awake

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 15, 2015 12:49 AM

Review by MHHS:

For Insomnia: Have suffered with insomnia for years. Tried many medications with Zolpidem ER (Generic Ambien ER) 12.5 the only one that helped. Even then, still was not getting great results at times. Tried 10 mg of Belsomra, hoping for a better result. This was one of the worst nights I have ever had in my life. Was wide awake until 4:30, followed by horrible, segmented, almost hallucinogenic dreams. After my alarm woke me, I was in the strangest state of mind, where I had to make myself speak. I finally told my husband, I'm sorry, I've got plenty of conversation in my head, but I have to MAKE myself speak. I was afraid to drive after this, and had my son drive me. This condition eventually got better. One dose. Never again.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 12, 2015 4:47 PM

Review by Turbowg:

For Insomnia: Mixed 10 mg first night with Seroquel and l Lyrica slept but felt sedated next day and groggy.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 10, 2015 1:00 AM

Review by tanth10428 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Insomnia: It has been 10 days on the med. The dreams aren't as scary, and I have gone from 4 hours a night to 5....

March 28, 2015 10:39 AM

Review by AmandaTired:

For Insomnia: I haven't slept normally since adolescence. Tried Ambien and lots of sedatives. I had horrible problems with doing things while asleep and not remembering on Ambien, but it was the only way to get anything resembling sleep. Belsomra is amazing. I actually feel SLEEPY. I had only felt that as a child, or if sick. Some side effects seem to be happening, I got bronchitis, and have had awful dreams some nights, but I'm going to stick with it for a few weeks.

March 27, 2015 6:08 PM

Review by JS buggy buggy (taken for less than 1 month):

For Insomnia: I used 10 mg zopidem for 7 years. It worked like a charm. I went from 10 to 15 to 20 mg of this new stuff. Nothing. I'm just going to have to go one week Belsomra and 45 mg mirtazapine and one week zolpidem. I had such high hopes. But doesn't get rid of my sleep anxiety.

March 25, 2015 12:03 AM

Review by tanth10428:

For Insomnia: The pharmacist said the only side effect was vivid dreams. It is going down the Alice in Wonderland's rabbit hole. It is supposed to get better after a week. Here's hoping the pharmacist is right.

March 23, 2015 9:29 PM

Review by sndlt (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Insomnia: My insomnia is invincible to matter what I take. Or build tolerance quickly. Tried Belsomra 10 and 20 but it doesn't do anything.

March 14, 2015 11:50 PM

Review by sid46:

For Insomnia: Works great to get and keep you asleep.

March 10, 2015 6:25 PM

Review by grounden88 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Insomnia: I've gone the rounds with sleeping pills since I suffer from a CNS disorder. Belsomra is different from the others I've tried in that, at least for me, it isn't incapacitating, meaning I get no "high" from it. At 20mg, the largest dose, it doesn't feel anything like Ambien did, where I was seeing things that weren't there. In a way, this was a little disappointing as I like that tired/druggy feeling to ease me to sleep, but what Belsomra actually did was send me off to sleep without me knowing about it, which is how I remember falling asleep as a kid. One minute you're laying there thinking, then the next you wake up and the clock has passed several hours. That's good enough for me.

March 4, 2015 9:10 AM

Review by Gene g:

For Insomnia: 10 years suffering with insomnia, tried over the counter sleep aids, then Ambien and Lunesta and still couldn't get the sleep I needed. Dr prescribed a new medicine Belsomra, started on 10mg for a week and pushed up to 15, then 20 mg. It works hands down. Such a relief. I'm not staring at the ceiling for hours between 2-4pm every night, I am actually sleeping. Mild grogginess the first few days but seems to have disappeared.

February 20, 2015 10:46 PM

Review by RSSins:

For Insomnia: Had so much hope for this. Chronic insomniac. Tried 10mg, then 15mg, then 20mg on subsequent nights. Very fitful half sleep all night. Almost worse than no sleep at all. Thank goodness for the free 10 day trial as this medicine is extremely expensive, even with insurance. Back to rotating Lunesta and Klonopin.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate