User Reviews for Belsomra

Learn more about Belsomra.

Insomnia 170 reviews 110 medications

3.7
Summary of Belsomra reviews 170 reviews 3.7

Reviews for Belsomra

For Insomnia "I have suffered from insomnia for many years and tried a lot of different meds to help me stay asleep. I had no problem falling asleep but I would only stay asleep 1 to 4 hours and some nights I wouldn't sleep at all. Sometimes I went 6 to 14 days with only cat naps for 15-30 minutes during the day. I would even fall asleep exercising riding a stationary bike. But no more! I have been on Belsorma fo about 3 1/2 months and I feel like a new person. Now I'm sleeping 6 -10 hours a night. Sure I still have a few nights(about 10) where I only sleep 3-5 hours. But I'll take that ANY day compared to the past. I started out on 10mg and have just moved up to 20mg. But no side affects. Except perhaps a little weight gain. But it's worth it. Go ahead!"

amierennee (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2016

For Insomnia "Drug did nothing to help me sleep. I got headaches and also my depression and anxiety worsened. No thanks. Back to ambien."

Mauigurl28 (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2016

For Insomnia "A major rip off even with really good insurance there was a 50 dollar copay! After 6 hours, I was still wide awake Not even drowsy Got up, cooked, went shopping, did housework all day went to bed at midnight, tried it again . Sometime 5 hours later I finally went to sleep from pure exhaustion. Very dissatisfied."

K.kat (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2016

For Insomnia "I have had trouble staying asleep for several years and have often had trouble being drowsy at work or while driving. I didn't expect much from Belsomra after reading about it, but the 20 mg tablets worked like a miracle. It seems that Belsomra doesn't so much put me to sleep as lets me sleep. I was usually able get back to sleep without any trouble when awakened in the middle of the night, but could function if I had to. I do feel a little "zoned" at night, but nothing like the effects of other drugs. I have no "hangover" the next day, and I feel more alert and energetic than I have for a long time. Given other people's reviews, perhaps this drug is not for everyone, but for me it works very well and may be worth giving a it try."

Oscar the Grey May 2, 2016

For Insomnia "I took 15 mg samples and had success right from the beginning. Fell asleep within 30 minutes and stayed asleep all night! Woke up feeling rested and refreshed!! My fit bit clocked the most deep sleep hours than I ever have without a sleep aid. I am one of those people that does not like taking any medication, so I will use this ONLY when I think I will not be able to unwind and sleep deeply. Exercise and hard work are the best ways to exhaust your body and sleep deeply, and I prefer that before drugs. On a scale on 1-10, my insomnia is about a 7. Belsomra absolutely works with my body chemistry at least for now."

Marsha67 (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2016

For Insomnia "I can fall asleep very easily, but my problem is staying asleep. Not only did this product keep me awake all night, but I woke up with a severe headache, stomach cramps, dizziness, and grogginess the entire next day. I felt like I was hungover. Never again. I'm sticking to Z-Quil."

Worst. Sleep Med. Ever. (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2016

For Insomnia "Helps to fall asleep and stay asleep."

JJNNC (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 15, 2016

For Insomnia "Got 3 10 mg samples. Tried half a pill first night...nothing. Then tried a 10 mg second night...nothing. Then tried 15 mg and still nothing. Called it quits after that."

bsouthe1 (taken for less than 1 month) April 13, 2016

For Insomnia "It's working well so far. it did take a week to get into my system."

Asiacalico (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2016

For Insomnia "Two sleepless nights. I took 10mg the first night and 15mg the second night. Giving them back to the doctor since she gave me samples."

Anonymous April 3, 2016

For Insomnia "This was the worst insomnia drug I have ever tried. It seemed to wake me every one to two hours in a semi-awake, paralytic state while still living the nightmare. I also have bad anxiety which it seems to make worse. I recently called my doctor and unloaded on them. Thank God I only took samples and will not be paying for the prescription."

BrandonF30 March 31, 2016

For Insomnia "I've started on the 10 mg. So far so good. I got the first 10 for free. I've tried it with other sleep meds, it seems to perform better with a small amount of Halcion. I think it would perform as good by itself maybe at 15 mg. I'm going to try one more round of 10 tabs (likely the 15 mg). I don't think anything past 20 mgs, would be advisable. I also have little or no hang over as long as I dose around 10 pm and wake up at 7 am. I rate it an 8 right now because it requires a lot of forethought to stay on schedule. It's about as effective as halcion but you reach more rem state sleep and experience very little amnesia like one would on halcion."

Drug_scientist1970 (taken for less than 1 month) March 20, 2016

For Insomnia "I have been suffering from insomnia caused by from PTSD after giving birth to my baby girl 7 months ago. The insomnia started 3 months in and I tried Ambien and Trazadone. Both managed to barely carve out a few hours of bad sleep a night. Belsomra gave me my life back. I am finally able to go asleep and actually stay asleep for a full 7-8 hours a night. I do still have to take 50mg Trazadone with 10mg Belsomra. It's the best combination ever. The sleep is so gentle and natural too and if I have to wake up to use the restroom, no problem and I go back to sleep. The first 2 days I did have the hangover pretty badly, but it went away after that. It has only been 2 weeks so fingers crossed it will keep working."

Natalie Stiles March 18, 2016

For Insomnia "This medication is worse than useless. It actually seemed to keep me awake and caused me to wake more often during the night than I normally would. After the third night I tried taking it with a xanax (the xanax would normally be enough to help me get to sleep) and it still kept me awake! I'm glad I got this medication as a sample because I would be really angry if I'd had to pay for it."

fakelashes March 12, 2016

For Insomnia "Took Ambien for years but noticed increased short term memory problems, so I switched to Belsomra. Not the same kind of sleep you experience with Ambien. Took about 10 days for me to get used to this one because of the difference. It more mimics how you used to feel when you naturally got sleepy, not a dopey kind of sleep. Also, if you don't sleep because you're an extremely anxious person, you will not find this one as effective. I don't sleep as sound on this one if I have a lot on my mind, worrisome things, versus I just can't sleep because I'm wondering if, for example, Tesla's ideas really will work :)"

Can't sleep March 12, 2016

For Insomnia "I tried this medication for insomnia. I had been taking Restoril 30 mg to help me sleep but it had stopped working as well. My doctor gave me samples of Belsomra to try and said I needed to start at 10 mg but it probably wouldn't work until I titrated up to 20 mg. I had the worst night I've had in a long time after taking this. I became confused and upset. I began crying and became dizzy and felt as though I couldn't breathe. I was terrified to go to sleep. I apparently did fall asleep at some point after lying awake trying to keep from going to sleep due to fear. I had horrible dreams. Never taking this again. Worst night I can remember in a long long time. I've felt horrible all day, groggy, and nervous."

sleeplessinwv March 4, 2016

For Insomnia "I took 10mg Belsomra for a few days and quit because it made me feel drugged and very sensitive to light. Besides that it never worked to make me fall asleep. Also, after about 20 minutes of taking it I got a panic sensation and increased heart rate that lasted about 1-2 minutes. Belsomra is a joke. I went back to Ambien. At least it works and it doesn't give me side effects."

RG2388 (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2016

For Insomnia "Took a 20 mg dose. Not only did I not sleep a wink but it gave me a massive headache. I won't be trying it again. Save your money."

Sadie Jane (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2016

For Insomnia "5 8", 130lbs male, 20mg works very well for me. DO NOT expect this drug to work the first night you try it! This is especially true if you just quit a hypnotic like Zolpidem and just started taking it. The initial "paradoxical effect" and unusual dreams subsided after a few days, once my brain "adjusted" to it. (I had a similar effect when I first began using Zolpidem which just made me feel drugged but kept me awake). Also, this drug is specifically made for a neurological hyperarousal condition - that is, for people that are predisposed towards insomnia in either their brain structure or neurochemical composition. If your insomnia is due to sedentary lifestyle, poor diet, bad sleep hygiene, late-shift work, etc, it won't work as designed."

superwound March 1, 2016

For Insomnia "This product did NOT work for me. After two sleepless nights I gave up. My insurance company insists that I stay on this for a week. What a joke."

Bowcheck (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2016

For Insomnia "This drug does not work. I was first prescribed the 10mg dose and after 2 weeks of the same, bad sleep, my Dr let me titrate to the 20mg. It still does not work. I have also experienced night sweats and some dizziness."

AnnieVeryTired (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 22, 2016

For Insomnia "I've taken it for 4 days so far and I'm still not sleeping. I thought this was a "miracle" drug and wanted to try it when it first came out. Took a year for my Dr to prescribe it. I'm very disappointed in it. I have severe insomnia and sleep 3-4 hours a night. I had built up a tolerance to my trazadone that use to work very well. All I feel are more migraines and it's made my anxiety worse. But my Dr took me off my anxiety med to put me on this. She says that it takes a few days for it work, but idk if thats true after reading these reviews. She started me out on only 5mg, which didn't help. So we moved it to 10mg. I'll give it a week, then I'm done."

Mrs.Briggs February 21, 2016

For Insomnia "Here is my problem with Belsomra. I am a 50 year old male - 6' 2'' 190lbs. I am currently prescribed the 20mg dosage and it seems to work okay some of the time. By accident I doubled dosed one evening - 40mg - and had the best sleep of my life. Woke up refreshed after eight hours of sleep and had great energy and alertness the entire day. I feel I need a higher dosage for it to work for me."

GrandGrand February 20, 2016

For Insomnia "I was given Belsomra samples from my psychiatrist, he advises I take 10mg the first night and if that doesn't help then take 20mg the next night. I took the 20mg at 9:30pm. It did not help me fall asleep, and when I woke up for work at 7am I was so incredibly dizzy I could not walk straight. I felt confused and slow and had trouble with depth perception. I was unable to work a full day and when I tried to take a nap at 4pm, the room was spinning as I laid down and I couldn't fall asleep but I couldn't keep my eyes open either. My psych is suggesting a sleep study now but I'm just so frustrated because now at not quite 21 hours later I still feel so dizzy and out of it."

Red1988 February 19, 2016

For Insomnia "After the arduous task of getting pre-authorization for this drug, I paid $60 and it is not helping. I suffer from chronic insomnia and was looking for something to help me sleep more soundly and to wake up restored. Ambien and Trazadone where my go to combo and worked well for me aside from the restorative part. Hence, the move to Belsomra. I started with 10mg and it did nothing. Then I tried 20mg and it did assist with falling asleep eventually (at least 2 hours), but not staying asleep. I sleep off and on with this stuff and the dreams are pretty consistent, definitely not REM sleep. To anyone thinking of trying this drug, I'd say save your money and keep looking."

Venitta February 18, 2016