User Reviews for Sumavel DosePro

Learn more about Sumavel DosePro.

Cluster Headaches 3 reviews 35 medications

Migraine 22 reviews 76 medications

Summary of Sumavel DosePro reviews 25 reviews 9.2

Reviews for Sumavel DosePro

Review by oliviers1: User Rating:

Sumavel DosePro (sumatriptan) for Migraine: Took my husband to doctor while suffering a severe migraine with vomiting which he has suffered from his whole life(1-2 a month to the point of vomiting). After not being able to keep down pills this was his only hope of relief. Had first injection at doctor's office and within 15 minutes he had relief and was even able to go in to work the same day. I am so happy there is something that cures his pain. He said the shot hurt but it was worth it. The cost is high but also worth it when he is in that much pain. We paid $200 with discount card for 6 injections. You can find the discount card on their website. HIGHLY RECOMMEND when nothing else has helped.

December 16, 2013 12:58 PM
Review by Mashimaro: User Rating:

Sumavel DosePro (sumatriptan) for Migraine: It's quick acting but painful and it made me bruise and bleed a bit. It makes me feel nauseated and I vomited once, a few minutes after use. It also made me feel sleepy like my other migraine pills. This just acts quicker and makes you drowsy fast.

August 30, 2013 3:36 PM
Review by Migraineuse (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Sumavel DosePro (sumatriptan) for Migraine: The injection feels like a rubber band snapped on your skin. I recommend the abdomen over the thigh, much more comfortable. I only bleed slightly, and the site only bruised once. The triptan effect is fast and intense, you feel that rush of the migraine about to go away. It makes me sleepy, as sumatriptan always has, and I nap for less than 1/2 hour, then I am PAIN FREE. The nice thing is the triptan effect goes away as rapidly as it comes on, which is far better than the lingering "yuck" feeling with oral triptans. Not just pain reduction, not a lessening of the migraine - it is gone. It has reduced my sick and late days due to migraine from 9 days in 2012 to ZERO so far in 2013. Will never go without it again.

August 17, 2013 1:01 PM
Review by ByeByeMigraines (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Sumavel DosePro (sumatriptan) for Migraine: This is a miracle for migraines. Works within 5 minutes and migraine GONE. You will have energy and get on with your day. I am 43 yrs old and have suffered with migraines since teen. RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN TO YOUR DR AND ASK FOR THIS MEDICINE. SUFFER NO MORE.

July 21, 2013 10:09 PM
Review by K8TZ11 (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Sumavel DosePro (sumatriptan) for Migraine: I have suffered from migraines since I was 20 and am now 34. I have tried countless abortive medicines. Sumavel is the best one by far because it relieves the pain and nausea fast (usually within 10 mins for me). The injection is painful and leaves quite a welt but far worth it to get relief. I do sometimes have issues with it not firing properly but it could be just me pulling back at the last second when I anticipate the pain coming. I have wasted quite a few shots this way.

June 19, 2013 11:22 PM
Review by dorka (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Sumavel DosePro (sumatriptan) for Migraine: I've been suffering from headache for over 10 years. Headache could last up to a week, it was horrible. Took so many pain medicines and it didn't work. I ended up with craniotomy last year and metal plates on my skull bone. I was fine for few months-no headache. Few months ago the headaches came back again. Now I'm miserable again when the headache come...I got this injection Sumavel DosePro....after the injection my head feels like it explodes and I fell asleep right away....after an hour-two the headache is gone...it's great medicine....it's working right away.....through the skin and blood vessels.

May 1, 2013 1:33 PM
Review by Gatorbug: User Rating:

Sumavel DosePro (sumatriptan) for Migraine: After years of migraines that lasted three days at a time and nothing working to get rid of them this is awesome. I was worried about being able to do the injection myself, but it wasn't bad. It felt like a bee sting. Within a minute it felt like the top of my head was going to explode. Within 10 minutes it was subsiding. It was completely gone in less than an hour. There was no "buzzy worn out feeling" like I normally have after my migraines. I had plenty of energy and felt great. The prescription discount card is a great help too!

April 13, 2013 10:25 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Sumavel DosePro (sumatriptan): I used my first Sumavel Dosepro last night. I woke up about 11pm with a splitting migraine. My migraines last between 12 to 16 hours. I took the shot and within ten minutes the headache was gone! I don't mean dulled, I mean gone! This was a MIRACLE in my book. The injection was a little painful. I'm good with that! Finally, quick relief for my migraines which have plagued me for over 43 years!

August 6, 2012 11:12 AM
Review by Dan6248: User Rating:

Sumavel DosePro (sumatriptan) for Cluster Headaches: It worked to abort a cluster headache. Just as effective, but not any more so, than the needle version of Imitrex/sumatriptan. The injection stung quite a bit and left a fairly nasty welt similar to a wasp sting, and it bled a little bit, but it worked as advertised.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 12, 2012 1:09 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Sumavel DosePro (sumatriptan) for Migraine: Those injections for my headaches that the doctor gave me are amazing! I wake up with my headache a lot so I can't even stop them before they start, and like this morning, they're usually paired with nausea and I end up throwing up. This injection is awesome though! Quick relief without having to make a trip to the ER. I usually get Toradol shots at the hospital that make the headache disappear within twenty minutes of so. The initial injection of the Sumavel hurt a little and caught me off guard, but it felt like a bee sting, it just hurt for a second and then it was over. It bled a little bit, and about a minute after, my head started to feel heavy and I felt a little dizzy. I went to sleep, woke up and feel better.

April 12, 2012 11:50 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Sumavel DosePro (sumatriptan) for Migraine: I tried Sumavel Dosepro for the first time approximately 3 months ago. It does take away about 80-90% of the headache pain, but am left with a "sinus" feeling headache that really hurts when I cough, sneeze or bend over, which is typical for me for a day after a migraine. The injection sting feels a little like being snapped by a rubber band. It didn't feel extremely painful to me. I do get a fairly intense burning sensation mostly along my scalp but to a lesser degree across the surface of my skin as well. My arms feel very heavy and it was frightening at first. My biggest problem is that I get intensely sleepy and for about 20 minutes I feel like I'm operating in "slow motion".

March 21, 2012 2:37 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Sumavel DosePro (sumatriptan) for Migraine: Took the pain away in 15 min. The injection site bruises and bleeds. But still worth it. I felt the nausea associated with this medication for about the first 10 mins and extreme tiredness. Got it as a sample but will for sure fill the prescription. Most effective and fastest working migraine medicine so far.

March 7, 2012 1:14 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Sumavel DosePro (sumatriptan) for Migraine: I have suffered from terrible migraines for the past 7 years and saw no relief in sight. Once I tried this needless injection it has changed my life for the better. I was nervous to give myself the injection but I had my sister help me for moral support. The injection did sting and bleed just a little but any migraine sufferer would not mind a little sting over the pain of a migraine. I did get lightheaded/dizzy for a few minutes however my migraine was gone within 5 minutes. Awesome medicine it gave me my life back, I highly recommend it!

October 27, 2011 11:40 PM
Review by tegoodwin: User Rating:

Sumavel DosePro (sumatriptan) for Migraine: I was nervous about the pain, and even though it's needle-free, I have a bit of a needle phobia and the idea of any injection (even without a needle) was pretty rough for me to get over. After talking myself up for about 30 minutes, I was finally able to give myself the dose. It hurt a lot more than I was expecting, and bled more than my neurologist and pharmacist said it would, so immediately after administering it, I was pretty apprehensive. I felt the side effects most people have reported (weakness, dizziness, heaviness, etc.), but I also had some nausea and I was really tired. I felt near-immediate relief of about 50% of my migraine, and then took a power nap for about 45 minutes. When I woke up, I felt like a completely new person.

October 18, 2011 11:53 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Sumavel DosePro (sumatriptan) for Migraine: 17 year migrainer. Hands down this is the best overall migraine abortive. I have used for over 1 year, and 90% of the time it takes 85% of the migraine away. Biggest plus is no needle- the sensation feels like a rubber band snap. My other abortive is Treximet 85/500, and Topamax 100mg daily for preventative.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 11, 2011 4:23 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Sumavel DosePro (sumatriptan) for Migraine: Imitrex has long been the "gold" standard for "migraine sufferers" " cluster headache suffers (a much rarer but more painful form of headache" and even those who suffer from just occasional really painful headaches but not frequent enough to be characterized as the "migraine" or "cluster" variety. After speaking to your physician about the safety of you using Imitrex, ask for Sumavel Dose from Zogenix. Pre-filled units that get the medication in your blood within 3 minutes. Amazing!

August 20, 2011 4:48 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Sumavel DosePro (sumatriptan) for Migraine: I have tried both the injection and tablet and it's has worked wonders. I have suffered with migraines since I was middle school (now 31 yrs old) and this is the first medicine that has given me any relief. The side effects only last for about 10 minutes so it's no problem. The only issue I have is after about 4 or 5 hours the migraine seem to start up right. Either way any relief is better than suffering through a migraine.

June 30, 2011 6:34 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Sumavel DosePro (sumatriptan) for Migraine: I love this medicine. The only caveat. The difficulty in filling the actual prescription. I have all the side effects you have all mentioned but as everyone said, well worth it. I'm a teacher and in my last two weeks of school. I need the insurance issues to clear up so I can pick up the rest of my medicines.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 8, 2011 11:42 PM
Review by msmndy: User Rating:

Sumavel DosePro (sumatriptan) for Migraine: I have had migraines for quite sometime, and my doctor tried the Sumavel today. I felt a little dizzy and heavy but 15 minutes later migraine was completely gone. I immediately called my mom who has suffered from migraines for 15 years to tell her about it. Highly recommended!

May 26, 2011 8:59 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Sumavel DosePro (sumatriptan) for Migraine: I've suffered from migraines since I was in the 3rd grade and I am now 23. I take Topamax every night to try and control my headaches but when I get a really bad one I use the Sumavel. HATE HATE HATE needles. So this works for me very good. There is pain with the injection but compared to the migraine, its nothing. A little bleeding at the site and always a bruise. I can instantly feel the medicine working in my body and within 5-7 minutes my migraine is gone. It's my miracle.

May 13, 2011 12:45 PM
Review by Gr8: User Rating:

Sumavel DosePro (sumatriptan) for Cluster Headaches: I just use the Sumavel, it stings in application area for 2-5 minutes, but my headache was gone in about 5 minutes. I felt little dizzy after wards. Highly recommended and well worth it.

January 16, 2011 11:40 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Sumavel DosePro (sumatriptan) for Migraine: I have had migraines for over 10 years and have tried many different drugs. My doctor gave me Sumavel to try about a week ago (just in time for another migraine attack). The initial injection did hurt but the relief that I was able to get only 10 minutes later was well worth it. I did have the "burning sensation" in my face for a few minutes and felt weak for about 30 minutes but for me that is much better than the pain of a migraine. The only problem that I had was it seemed to only work for a few hours for me the first time I tried it. I'm willing to give this medicine time to work because it has by far done so much more for me than any other medicine that I have tried.

August 24, 2010 11:57 AM
Review by jhewel: User Rating:

Sumavel DosePro (sumatriptan) for Cluster Headaches: This medicine works fast and it is the best I have had so far for acute cluster headache. Highly recommended.

August 22, 2010 4:21 PM
Review by Migraine Suffer: User Rating:

Sumavel DosePro (sumatriptan) for Migraine: Doctor gave me a sample and a prescription of this to try. I have used Treximet with great results, but it took too long for the medicine to into my system to counter the migraine. The Sumavel works GREAT, HOWEVER it does hurt. The initial injection is painful. I was left with a welt and a tender spot for hours afterwards. The injection pain is well worth the relief. I do get the burning sensation at the bottom of my brain stem 30 seconds after the injection and feel very weak. This is all normal as I got the same feeling when I start Treximet. Luckily my insurance company covers it.

August 19, 2010 7:24 PM
Review by dancin dame: User Rating:

Sumavel DosePro (sumatriptan) for Migraine: Had migraines since I was 13. Thirty years later and they are worse. Have tried Maxalt, Treximet, butalbital, Excedrin migraine, and Zomig, to name the ones I remember. Tried a sample of Sumavel DosePro this month. It is the only medication that stopped the pain 100%. Took 10 minutes to stop a bad migraine (8 on a 10 scale) and another 10 minutes to be back to functional. Was a bit disoriented and dizzy for that first 20 minutes. Relpax is my typical drug of choice nowadays but it doesn't stop the bad ones. It only stops the ones that I catch right away. But this Sumavel is my new knight in shining armor. I don't know how expensive it is yet but I'm headed back to the doctor this week to find out.

June 15, 2010 12:44 AM