User Reviews for SMZ-TMP DS

Learn more about SMZ-TMP DS.

Reviews for SMZ-TMP DS to treat Urinary Tract Infection

Review by Kathy Turner (taken for less than 1 month):

Based on results of a urine culture, I was put on this medication. I have taken 4 pills. While at work today, my tongue was feeling like I just took a big bite of piping hot pizza. The burning feeling was quite intense and I had not eaten anything that might have caused this. I also had numbness of my lips. The last pill I took was at 7:30 am and I still have intense burning and a bit of numbness. I was puzzled and decided to look up side effects of this new medication because it was the only thing newly exposed to my body. Since these problems were listed in your side effects listing, I will immediately discontinue using it.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 3, 2014 10:01 PM

After being on this for 5 days, my urianry tract infection was *almost* gone. I had to ask for another prescription. During the time I was on it on I noticed shortness of breath, almost twice a day I tasted metal and noticed I had small nosebleeds. I also couldn't really go out in the sunlight, as it hurt my eyes a lot and my skin felt like it was burning.

March 19, 2012 2:25 PM

I would get a urinary tract infection when I had sex. To control the situation my doctor prescribed SMZ-TMP DS. I took one or 2 a day for years. As long as I took the pills I was not bothered with a UTI. Miss a day or 2, and UTI. Worked wonderful.

May 26, 2010 11:19 AM